daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 12th, 2010, 07:44 PM   #2141
eurocopter

Likes (Received): 2043

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogdymol View Post
STOP it guys. This is [RO] Romanian autostrăzi & drumuri / Motorways & Highways - România thread, so if you wish to say something about this do it, but if you really have to keep arguing like little kids try Send New Private Message. I'm not saying that any of you two is right or wrong, but I think you are going a little bit to far.
Thank you!
Bullshit, we have almost nothing to talk about if we take consideration of the topic name.
eurocopter no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 12th, 2010, 07:53 PM   #2142
and802

Likes (Received): 55

Eurocopter: I like you sense of humour very much !!!

anyway that kind of hot discussions is only present when two patriots talk about the same things, have different view.

but do you have a score for this year ? how many kms of new motorways this year ?
and802 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2010, 07:53 PM   #2143
bogdymol
bogdymod

Quote:
Originally Posted by eurocopter View Post
Bullshit, we have almost nothing to talk about if we take consideration of the topic name.
I know that, but at least we can share our wet dreams
My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2010, 07:54 PM   #2144
Baiazid
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1019

How come we have nothing to talk about? How about 20 kilometers of motorway poping out of the blue and of which I bet you knew nothing about?!

Today our Prime Minister announced officially that at the 1st of December (it's true, he did not mentioned the year, but lets say he implied 2010) he'll open 20 kilometers of motorway, part of the northern ring of Bucharest, between Chitila and Voluntari He stressed out "motorway". Not highway, not national road! MOTORWAY!

Now, my dilema: should I say that we have an idiot Prime Minister, which mistakes for motorway a 4 lane regular road and which is clueless about what he should do in his position - my point in a previous post - or should I play stupid and brainwashed and therefore start to jump with joy: "Yeah! 20 more kilometers of MOTORWAY!"

I think I'll go and then again and hope that I'll wake up in another country. Or century....

SURSA (from 1:19 on...)
Baiazid no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2010, 07:58 PM   #2145
bogdymol
bogdymod

Quote:
Originally Posted by and802 View Post
but do you have a score for this year ? how many kms of new motorways this year ?
I would say that we will have:
  • 10 km: Turda - Campia Turzii
  • 17,5 km: Sibiu bypass
  • prime-minister Boc also counts 20 km of Bucharest bypass, but that is just a regular 4 lane main road with some 2-level interchanges
So we will have 27,5 km of new motorways this year (if the weather helps us).
Old November 12th, 2010, 08:03 PM   #2146
Baiazid
BANNED

Quote:
(if the weather helps us).
You see... now that's Romanian style. We never have a definite Plan A and Plan B "no matter what". We always need help from the weather, God, stars and anything else, except the pure good planing and good work...
Old November 12th, 2010, 08:11 PM   #2147
eurocopter

Quote:

Eurocopter: I like you sense of humour very much !!!

anyway that kind of hot discussions is only present when two patriots talk about the same things, have different view.

In my opinion there will be commissioned between 10 and 27 kms. It depends wether they will be able to finish the 17km-long Sibiu by-pass and weather conditions are a decisive factor (considering they have to poor the final asphalt stages, being quite impossible during rain or frost). I would say there's about 50% chances of opening those 17 kms this year.

However, we shouldn't take into consideration Boc's palaver who is a law teacher and doesn't have the least notion and knowledge in construction and infrastructure - that's why 90% of what he's speaking related to these topics is crap! He has quite a strong habit of making a fool's joke out of the promises he makes. Next year we might re-achieve the national record of commissioning 0kms of motorway (there are many and strong reasons to believe that).

Last edited by eurocopter; November 12th, 2010 at 08:28 PM.
Old November 12th, 2010, 08:16 PM   #2148
eurocopter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baiazid View Post
You see... now that's Romanian style. We never have a definite Plan A and Plan B "no matter what". We always need help from the weather, God, stars and anything else, except the pure good planing and good work...
That's not entirely true. Pouring asphalt during rain or frost is widely not recommended by definition, not only in Romania. Personally I would give an opposite example of Romanian style stupidity - last year before they inaugurated the 42kms of A3 they were pouring asphalt during heavy rain and we might have some unpleasant surprises in a very short time (and all this, just to have the motorway ready just before the presidential election).
Old November 12th, 2010, 08:19 PM   #2149
bogdymol
bogdymod

Quote:
IMO this is happening because constructors don't stick to the plan and they work slowly. When the final term approaches, they realise that they have to work with all their forces to complete the asigned job, but if the weather isn't good they can't do that. The thing is that if they would have sticked to plan from the beginning they woudn't be so far behind the schedule and everything would be ok despite the weather.
Old November 12th, 2010, 08:48 PM   #2150
Baiazid
BANNED

@eurocopter, bogdymol has the right point. They fall behind schedule so bad, that they need all the help they can get, God, weather and stars included, in order to meet a deadline.

When you start building a motorway, you do know that there will be rain, you do know that there will be frost, you do know that there will be winter. So you're expected to plan ahead and meet the deadline regardless of the weather. Therefore it sounds stupid to have an official announcing a "conditional" deadline with the Almighty in the equation. It's like you're -again - clueless about your job.
Old November 12th, 2010, 08:50 PM   #2151
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Likes (Received): 12043

Quote:
You seem to have no clue about how construction works are run...

BTW: Your "ignore" didn't work on the Romanian section 15 minutes after you switched it on...but, it should work here.
Castles and Mansions in Romania
Le Clerk está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2010, 08:55 PM   #2152
luci203

Likes (Received): 1203

Quote:
How come we have nothing to talk about? How about 20 kilometers of motorway poping out of the blue and of which I bet you knew nothing about?!

Today our Prime Minister announced officially that at the 1st of December (it's true, he did not mentioned the year, but lets say he implied 2010) he'll open 20 kilometers of motorway, part of the northern ring of Bucharest, between Chitila and Voluntari He stressed out "motorway". Not highway, not national road! MOTORWAY!

Now, my dilema: should I say that we have an idiot Prime Minister, which mistakes for motorway a 4 lane regular road and which is clueless about what he should do in his position - my point in a previous post - or should I play stupid and brainwashed and therefore start to jump with joy: "Yeah! 20 more kilometers of MOTORWAY!"

I think I'll go and then again and hope that I'll wake up in another country. Or century....

SURSA (from 1:19 on...)
wow what a lot of crap...

20 km of "motorway" between Chitila and Voluntari

12 km between Turda and Campia Turzii (are 10)

14 km Sibiu belt. (are 17)

Old November 12th, 2010, 09:06 PM   #2153
eurocopter

Quote:
@eurocopter, bogdymol has the right point. They fall behind schedule so bad, that they need all the help they can get, God, weather and stars included, in order to meet a deadline.

When you start building a motorway, you do know that there will be rain, you do know that there will be frost, you do know that there will be winter. So you're expected to plan ahead and meet the deadline regardless of the weather. Therefore it sounds stupid to have an official announcing a "conditional" deadline with the Almighty in the equation. It's like you're -again - clueless about your job.
Bear in mind that in our country motorway construction depends mostly on funding schedule not construction schedules. Their plan is that they work when there are interests and money. Other than these, like construction schedule, deadlines, etc are simply a joke.
Old November 12th, 2010, 09:33 PM   #2154
and802

Quote:
I would say that we will have:
  • 10 km: Turda - Campia Turzii
  • 17,5 km: Sibiu bypass
  • prime-minister Boc also counts 20 km of Bucharest bypass, but that is just a regular 4 lane main road with some 2-level interchanges
So we will have 27,5 km of new motorways this year (if the weather helps us).
Wow, so my country (Poland) is faaaaaaaaar more better: 27,8 km this year

300 meters make a real difference !
Old November 12th, 2010, 09:38 PM   #2155
bogdymol
bogdymod

Quote:
Wow, so my country (Poland) is faaaaaaaaar more better: 27,8 km this year

300 meters make a real difference !
Poland has more than 1300 km of new motorways u/c, so in the next two years you will beat us with more then 300 m.
Old November 12th, 2010, 10:06 PM   #2156
and802

Quote:
Poland has more than 1300 km of new motorways u/c, so in the next two years you will beat us with more then 300 m.
I just wanted to point out we are in the very same situation.

U/C: actually 730 km of motorways and 580 km of express-ways (dual carriage ways with two level crossings)

although at present I do see a (very ?) positive government engagement in this matter, our situation will dramatically change once we are in 2013, 'cause there is no strict plan for future.
Old November 12th, 2010, 10:12 PM   #2157
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19391

So what have we learned so far with this little Romanian play of the last dozens of posts?
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2010, 10:23 PM   #2158
Baiazid
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
So what have we learned so far with this little Romanian play of the last dozens of posts?
Don't know what we've learned, but if it was funny, next time we'll charge the audience and get some money to fund our motorway network.
Old November 12th, 2010, 10:25 PM   #2159
and802

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
1. motorway projects are very complex and very difficult to perform
2. everybody wants new motorways
Old November 12th, 2010, 10:41 PM   #2160
AlexisMD

Likes (Received): 677

Guys ? where is the moderator ?
AlexisMD no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
highways, infrastructure, motorways, romania