daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 24th, 2008, 11:11 PM   #201
commodore

Likes (Received): 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchrom View Post
@ Commodore

Nice road. And clean as well. For how long is it in this condition?
Since July 2007 if I'm not mistaken. It's a 2x2 lane expressway and in the near future it will be linked with Bucharest beltways.

@radi : I have no ideea about the actual condition of the road but as you can see below, a motorway is planned (black dotted line)to connect Timisoara - Lugoj-Calafat and Vidin using the future bridge over Danube. Still we have to wait for it until 2012~2015

commodore no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 24th, 2008, 11:25 PM   #202
ionutzyankoo

Likes (Received): 27

radi stop being like this. i drove through bulgaria and believe me you are waaay behind us in lots of things...i'm sure u understand what i mean
ionutzyankoo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2008, 11:51 PM   #203
radi6404

NO, I don´t understand at all and I don´t mean to offend, but if you are so direct, what is worse here? Roads are very important for transit traffic and Bulgaria has better roads.
Old July 24th, 2008, 11:59 PM   #204
commodore

Bucharest to Arad (hungarian border): http://www.centraltourism.com/round_tour/index.php
Old July 25th, 2008, 12:44 AM   #205
radi6404

I´ve been told that the transit people going to Vidin border from Hungary don´t pass Bucharest.
Old July 25th, 2008, 02:07 AM   #206
RawLee

Likes (Received): 1083

I'd think people use Serbia because of its north-south motorway,while in Romania,there's an east-west one,which does not exactly correspond to their destination's orientation...
RawLee no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2008, 11:10 AM   #207
amst

Likes (Received): 967

First of all, the road from bucharest to giurgiu in not an expressway. It is a plain dual carriageway road that looks very good because it is rather new. It is indeed a modern road, like the ones you would find in the west, with lots of roundabouts but clearly not an expressway. Romania does not have one km of expressway yet. Not even the new exit from Bucharest to Otopeni cannot be called an expressway. The sign of expressway (the little car on blue background) does not appear on any road.

Now, i can tell you that the main roads in romania are in a very very good condition considering the amount of truck traffic they sustain. Note that on one lane roads that pass through villages and small towns, you will never see this kind of traffic in any western country. It takes me about 7 hours from Bucharest to Nadlac (HU border). Yes, the roads are stupid and the motorways are there to dream upon But that is another story.
amst no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2008, 11:23 AM   #208
ionutzyankoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by amst View Post
First of all, the road from bucharest to giurgiu in not an expressway. It is a plain dual carriageway road that looks very good because it is rather new. It is indeed a modern road, like the ones you would find in the west, with lots of roundabouts but clearly not an expressway. Romania does not have one km of expressway yet. Not even the new exit from Bucharest to Otopeni cannot be called an expressway. The sign of expressway (the little car on blue background) does not appear on any road.

Now, i can tell you that the main roads in romania are in a very very good condition considering the amount of truck traffic they sustain. Note that on one lane roads that pass through villages and small towns, you will never see this kind of traffic in any western country. It takes me about 7 hours from Bucharest to Nadlac (HU border). Yes, the roads are stupid and the motorways are there to dream upon But that is another story.
This is indeed a well sustained (based on present day reality) and a well written post.
ionutzyankoo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2008, 11:24 AM   #209
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19391

7 hours for 600 km is not that bad.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2008, 05:44 PM   #210
commodore

Quote:

I don't know what is your understanding regarding the term expressway but for me expressway is lower then term highway not to mention motorway.
To give another example [bE85[/b] Bucharest - Buzau -Bacau - Roman is an expressway (drum expres).
Old July 26th, 2008, 01:33 AM   #211
wyqtor
Coexist

Likes (Received): 2

No it's not; an expressway neither has at-grade intersections nor crosses through villages.
wyqtor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2008, 01:54 AM   #212
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4749

Actually it can. As for villages, just count them out.
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2008, 02:47 AM   #213
amst

No it cannot! The wikipedia link defines expressway on a global scale. We are talking about the definition as stated in romanian and european driving laws. So, to put it into short words, an expressway is a "small" motorway. NO at grades and no villages. More acute angles in curves and slopes, a driving speed at maximum 100km/h (in RO) and so on... Check out the slovenian thread, or the polish one. You will find pictures of expressways there.
Old July 26th, 2008, 05:29 AM   #214
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4749

Quote:
Check out the slovenian thread. You will find pictures of expressways there.
I know, I took them.
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2008, 09:36 PM   #215
dutchrom

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:

How the hack are u doin' 7 hours from Bucharest to Nadlac???!!!
I do Cluj-Bucharest Nortch via Tg Mures-Sighisoara-Brasov in 9 hours!
What do I do wrong?
dutchrom no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2008, 10:48 PM   #216
amst

you don't drive at night!
Old July 27th, 2008, 09:11 PM   #217
amst

A1 motorway, pitesti bypass:

Old July 27th, 2008, 09:22 PM   #218
amst

Old July 27th, 2008, 09:28 PM   #219
amst

Road to Vidraru lake.

Old July 27th, 2008, 09:45 PM   #220
Rhemaxos
athanatizon

Likes (Received): 111

Quote:
No it cannot! The wikipedia link defines expressway on a global scale. We are talking about the definition as stated in romanian and european driving laws. So, to put it into short words, an expressway is a "small" motorway. NO at grades and no villages. More acute angles in curves and slopes, a driving speed at maximum 100km/h (in RO) and so on... Check out the slovenian thread, or the polish one. You will find pictures of expressways there.
you're right...

check also:

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...&postcount=970
Rhemaxos no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
highways, infrastructure, motorways, romania