daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 13th, 2010, 07:35 PM   #2181
amst

Likes (Received): 967

Quote:
Originally Posted by and802 View Post
I can hardly recall from my memory Warsaw has got any ring
There is a huge difference between how roads look here and how they look in poland. I've been in Poland this year and i can hardly wait to get there again next year. The roads are amazing and a la carte! There are no anomalies like those you find here. Everything is by the book and exceptionally green!
Compare the way our ring road looks with pictures from s8 in warsaw:

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...postcount=5257
amst no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 13th, 2010, 07:43 PM   #2182
PhirgataZFs1694

Likes (Received): 1560

Quote:
Originally Posted by and802 View Post
I can hardly recall from my memory Warsaw has got any ring
Let me help you-DK-50.

90,100,110km is good,IMO.3/4 of Sofia's Ring will be have 80kmh. limit.
PhirgataZFs1694 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2010, 08:08 PM   #2183
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Likes (Received): 12043

Quote:
Originally Posted by ionut View Post
Yes, it's NOT a motorway, not even a TRUE expressway.

It will be 2x2 (no emergency lane),
I believe I saw some sections having 2x3 for emergency lanes but I am not sure that's the purpose. But I know I saw on some sections the road is wider being able to carry 2x3.

Anyway, I know it's not a true expressway a la carte, but the fact that it has grade intersections brings it closer to that standard.
Castles and Mansions in Romania
Le Clerk está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2010, 08:14 PM   #2184
ionut
Reaching for the stars

Likes (Received): 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Clerk View Post
I believe I saw some sections having 2x3 for emergency lanes but I am not sure that's the purpose. But I know I saw on some sections the road is wider being able to carry 2x3.
You saw right. The extra lane is before interchanges (and maybe near some industrial areas). It carries traffic that exits/enters the bypass.

As a sign of appreciation and respect for the Romanian moderators and a few Romanian users, I will not edit all my 4100+ messages. I dedicate all the "work" I've done with passion on SSC to these handful of users. I will only continue to read SSC and be available for these users on PM. Thank you.
ionut no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2010, 08:15 PM   #2185
ionut
Reaching for the stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Clerk View Post
Anyway, I know it's not a true expressway a la carte, but the fact that it has grade intersections brings it closer to that standard.
True. Let's say it's almost an expressway.

I look forward to Bucharest motorway ring. That will be incredibly important for the future development of Bucharest Metropolitan Area.

As a sign of appreciation and respect for the Romanian moderators and a few Romanian users, I will not edit all my 4100+ messages. I dedicate all the "work" I've done with passion on SSC to these handful of users. I will only continue to read SSC and be available for these users on PM. Thank you.
Old November 13th, 2010, 09:02 PM   #2186
ke

Likes (Received): 13

Quote:
Yes, it's NOT a motorway, not even a TRUE expressway.

It will be 2x2 (no emergency lane), center barriers and lateral barriers, elevated intersections/interchanges. That's it.

Probably design speed 100-110 km/h maximum, but will have plenty of 90 km/h and even less in highly populated areas (mainly companies/industrial areas).
Looks the same as hungarian M0. But what will it link ? A1 and DN2 ? or DN1 and DN2 ?
ke no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2010, 09:31 PM   #2187
Baiazid
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1019

Quote:
Let's better not say that. Let's say it is what it is: a 2 x 2 standard road. AS for the top speed, I do recall that the maximum legal speed is:
1. 90 km/h on national roads
2. 100 km/h on European roads

110km/h is for expressways, which we have none. And sice the ring does not meet the minimum required standards for being declared expressway, it can not have such a high legal top speed. Actually, since there are so many entries and exits from various yards along the way, no authority in with the right mind would ever legally allow more then 80 km/h. Bear in mind that the ring is still crossed by industrial railways.

@and802: The northern ring is not new. It dates back to the WWII. Now it was just widened. But more important then the widening is the fact that the juctions with the emerging roads from Bucharest were replaced with overpasses. This way the traffic along the ring will no longer be ruptured by the juctions and this will be the most important step in reducing the transit times.
Baiazid no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2010, 09:46 PM   #2188
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ke View Post
Looks the same as hungarian M0. But what will it link ? A1 and DN2 ? or DN1 and DN2 ?
It will start before DN1, but not from A1, and will end in DN2, before A2 (red section).

The green section on the south side is already contracted and works will start next year. The 2 blue sections are not yet contracted, but the minister of transportation announced this week she obtained from the EU 120 million financing for it and most probably will be contracted next year as well.

Old November 13th, 2010, 10:05 PM   #2189
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Quote:

I look forward to Bucharest motorway ring. That will be incredibly important for the future development of Bucharest Metropolitan Area.
Let's hope something will be pulled off with the Chinese. There was a meeting recently and the Chinese-Romanian bilateral commission has been activated on infrastructure, with specific targets on A0 and Pitesti-Sibiu. Some may say nothing will happen, which may as well be a realistic approach. But this year there have been more Chinese investments than ever in Romania and their interest to put their huge pile of money to good use is huge.
Old November 14th, 2010, 12:42 AM   #2190
and802

Likes (Received): 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhirgataZFs1694 View Post
Let me help you-DK-50.
I intentionally remained silent about that road. it has nothing to do with the European standard ring. it is a regular 2x1 road, no two-level crossings, just nothing. no, simply, full of nothing. as I understand it was built many years ago (with no intention for the Warsaw ring), and was renamed (on truck maps) to "the ring" - because there must be a road for truck which bypasses Warsaw.

there is also a positive thing about it:
you can be more familiar with Polish villages (most wanted feature for international agriculture students)
and802 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2010, 01:42 PM   #2191
PhirgataZFs1694

Likes (Received): 1560

What does the white sections in A0 scheme mean? Tunnels?
PhirgataZFs1694 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2010, 02:39 PM   #2192
ionut
Reaching for the stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhirgataZFs1694 View Post
What does the white sections in A0 scheme mean? Tunnels?
Hard to say. Probably yes, but this is just an old plan... IMO there is no need for tunnels in A0. You can just go around the forests or just cut a bit. Greenpeace, don't kill me.

Old November 14th, 2010, 05:32 PM   #2193
Ayceman

Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baiazid View Post
Let's better not say that. Let's say it is what it is: a 2 x 2 standard road. AS for the top speed, I do recall that the maximum legal speed is:
1. 90 km/h on national roads
2. 100 km/h on European roads

110km/h is for expressways, which we have none. And sice the ring does not meet the minimum required standards for being declared expressway, it can not have such a high legal top speed. Actually, since there are so many entries and exits from various yards along the way, no authority in with the right mind would ever legally allow more then 80 km/h. Bear in mind that the ring is still crossed by industrial railways.

@and802: The northern ring is not new. It dates back to the WWII. Now it was just widened. But more important then the widening is the fact that the juctions with the emerging roads from Bucharest were replaced with overpasses. This way the traffic along the ring will no longer be ruptured by the juctions and this will be the most important step in reducing the transit times.
Actually it's:

Expressways and European Roads - 100 km/h (expressways don't exist yet)
National Roads that aren't any of the above - 90 km/h

Quote:
Hard to say. Probably yes, but this is just an old plan... IMO there is no need for tunnels in A0. You can just go around the forests or just cut a bit. Greenpeace, don't kill me.
It's A100, not A0.
Ayceman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2010, 09:06 PM   #2194
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

What? It won't be called A0?? Why A100?
Old November 14th, 2010, 09:18 PM   #2195
amst

It will probably be called A-last designated number + 1. So if it will be inaugurated after A4 it will be A5!
Old November 14th, 2010, 09:24 PM   #2196
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19391

That is so tacky. You need a logal road numbering. In Romania, a radial system may be the best. Like I've said before, there must be at least a rough plan to connect all 100.000 + cities by motorway and develop a concept road numbering system.

That said, the Romanian road numbering system doesn't make much sense anyway with all their suffixes. (DN1A, DN7C, etc.)
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2010, 09:29 PM   #2197
amst

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
That is so tacky. You need a logal road numbering. In Romania, a radial system may be the best. Like I've said before, there must be at least a rough plan to connect all 100.000 + cities by motorway and develop a concept road numbering system.

That said, the Romanian road numbering system doesn't make much sense anyway with all their suffixes. (DN1A, DN7C, etc.)
Well actually it does a bit. Because you have main roads DN1 - 7 and then, by region you have 2 digit national roads.
Eg: in Oltenia where main road is DN6 you have roads like DN64 etc
in Transilvania where main road is DN1 you have DN13, DN14 etc
in lower Transilvania where main road is DN7 you have DN7C, DN75 etc.

I think that we will not have more than 8-9 motorways so we don't need a special numbering.
Old November 14th, 2010, 09:36 PM   #2198
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19391

Quote:
Originally Posted by amst View Post
I think that we will not have more than 8-9 motorways so we don't need a special numbering.
Portugal has half the population of Romania and has over 40 individual motorways. Granted, some are very short, but I do think Romania will have at least 5.000 kilometers of motorways eventually. That may not be in 2015 or even 2025, but you gotta think ahead with such matters. The German or French motorway networks were built over more than 50 years, and are still incomplete.
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2010, 09:44 PM   #2199
eurocopter

Likes (Received): 2043

Quote:
Originally Posted by amst View Post
It will probably be called A-last designated number + 1. So if it will be inaugurated after A4 it will be A5!
Is this a regulation in Romania? That new motorways shall be desginated as A+1 in chronological order of their commissioning?
eurocopter no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2010, 09:48 PM   #2200
amst

I assumed. I don't know. But we all fantasized about the number of Constanta Bypass - A21, A20, A2b etc and we got A4.. So...

Tags
highways, infrastructure, motorways, romania