daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 25th, 2010, 11:14 AM   #2321
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Likes (Received): 12038

Construction works have started for a 8 km expressway linking western Bucharest and Basarab Overpass to A1 (in blue):

(in red and orange other express-ways which will probably see construction works next year as well)

A new cable stayed bridge will be built over the main Bucharest river, similar to the stayed one of Basarab Overpass, which is to be opened for traffic next spring:

This are some of the most important next projects in Bucharest after Basarab Overpass, though there are many other underpasses approved who will see works starting next spring.
Castles and Mansions in Romania

Last edited by Le Clerk; November 25th, 2010 at 01:28 PM.
Le Clerk está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 25th, 2010, 03:00 PM   #2322
Ayceman

Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Clerk View Post
A new cable stayed bridge will be built over the main Bucharest river, similar to the one part of the Basarab Overpass, which is to be opened for traffic next spring:

This is (it's a single project) the most important future project in Bucharest after the Basarab Overpass, though there are many other underpasses approved that will see works starting next spring.
*bad grammar in presentation post*

And it could be a motorway, since the plans show that this section will extend the A1 to the Crângași exit.
Ayceman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2010, 03:27 PM   #2323
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

I obviously meant "current project". Sorry.

I also think the 8 km connection with A1 may be a motorway, but I didn't want to wake up the road-correct nazis around here.
Old November 25th, 2010, 03:39 PM   #2324
luci203

Likes (Received): 1203

Don't they have something better (urgent) to do with that money? it does look expensive.

I don't say it won't help, but Maniu/Milea is a "decent" conection from A1 to Basarab.

I'm sure other parts are worse. Like conecting A3 with... "something" (not only the ringroad).
Old November 25th, 2010, 03:42 PM   #2325
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

That conenection with A1 is needed as in badly needed. Even though Maniu is 2x3 is often awfully crowded and it's obviously not enough. In fact, all 3 projected exists drawn in blue, orange and red are though to take some of the traffic in western Bucharest off Maniu. And it's a very well thought investment. The next step after expanding the ring is to expand A1 at least on 20 km from Bucharest to 2x3 because it will get even more crowded than now near Bucharest.

As for A3, that is financed from state budget. All Bucharest projects above are funded from the Bucharest city budget which cannot fund motorways which are not on its administrative territory.
Old November 25th, 2010, 03:52 PM   #2326
luci203

Likes (Received): 1203

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Clerk View Post
As for A3, that is financed from state budget. All Bucharest projects above are funded from the Bucharest city budget which cannot fund motorways which are not on its administrative territory.
I don't say to build a motorway with city money... but once A3 reach the city limits, to have a conection with an important avenue. (do you think "Pipera Avenue" can handle-it? )
Old November 25th, 2010, 04:00 PM   #2327
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Well, Pipera is going expansion works right now to 2x2, including by adding another overpass. But I agree another connection is needed for A3 up north.

Anyway, Maniu and A1 near Bucharest are much more crowded that what you'll see on A3.
Old November 26th, 2010, 02:20 AM   #2328
petschovschi

Likes (Received): 18

Arad- Timisoara motorway:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TN--o...ayer_embedded#!
petschovschi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2010, 03:25 AM   #2329
cornel001
Balamuc

Likes (Received): 133

"Pipera is going expansion works right now to 2x2"

They say 3x2, altough overpass probably only 2 of 3 will go, and the rest 1 or maybe 2 alongside it at the ground level for crossroad.

"The next step after expanding the ring is to expand A1 at least on 20 km from Bucharest to 2x3"

This is your proposal or do you have info on real plan ?

"Even though Maniu is 2x3 is often awfully crowded and it's obviously not enough"
Agree.

"in red and orange other express-ways which will probably see construction works next year as well)"
Hope to see them kick in next year! Man, if all those proposed/planned for next year would kick in along side what had already started, there will be lot of working areas to photo and talk about !

"but once A3 reach the city limits, to have a conection with an important avenue"
A1 is now , A3 will be in the future, I mean the first is more urgent. But as LeClerk pointed, things are preparing for A3 too, and not only on Pipera, there are other roads planed for extension in the area. But they really need to do works on D-na Ghica too I think.
cornel001 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2010, 12:49 PM   #2330
MHN
Romania

Likes (Received): 1419

Quote:
Originally Posted by petschovschi View Post
Arad - Timisoara motorway:

Thanks for posting it here.
In fact, the route in this presentation is in opposite direction: from Timisoara towards Arad...
Old November 26th, 2010, 12:53 PM   #2331
ionut
Reaching for the stars

Likes (Received): 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHN View Post
Thanks for posting it here.
In fact, the route in this presentation is in opposite direction: from Timisoara towards Arad...
Yes, that's correct.

BTW, do you guys know if the works on Arad bypass are a little bit more advanced than it's shown in the video? The video stops right after the bridge over Mures.

As a sign of appreciation and respect for the Romanian moderators and a few Romanian users, I will not edit all my 4100+ messages. I dedicate all the "work" I've done with passion on SSC to these handful of users. I will only continue to read SSC and be available for these users on PM. Thank you.
ionut no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2010, 07:06 PM   #2332
bogdymol
bogdymod

Quote:
Originally Posted by ionut View Post
Yes, that's correct.

BTW, do you guys know if the works on Arad bypass are a little bit more advanced than it's shown in the video? The video stops right after the bridge over Mures.
Unfortunately, where the video stops also the works stops. After the bridge over Mures they worked at some 200 m section, and that's all. They haven't done anything from that point to the airport and further on to the future junction with DN7 towards Nadlac.
My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2010, 07:58 PM   #2333
ionut
Reaching for the stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogdymol View Post
Unfortunately, where the video stops also the works stops. After the bridge over Mures they worked at some 200 m section, and that's all. They haven't done anything from that point to the airport and further on to the future junction with DN7 towards Nadlac.
Hm, that's not good news. They should have done some works... right? Keep us posted!

As a sign of appreciation and respect for the Romanian moderators and a few Romanian users, I will not edit all my 4100+ messages. I dedicate all the "work" I've done with passion on SSC to these handful of users. I will only continue to read SSC and be available for these users on PM. Thank you.
Old November 26th, 2010, 08:27 PM   #2334
bogdymol
bogdymod

Quote:
Originally Posted by ionut View Post
Hm, that's not good news. They should have done some works... right? Keep us posted!
IMO they should have already started the works on that section, but AFAIK there are argues about the project near the airport (the motorway will be very close to the runway and it will interfere with the airports landing system). Hopefully they will start the works soon.
My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2010, 09:15 PM   #2335
nenea_hartia
Skeptic

Likes (Received): 233

^ As far as I know, there is no building permit yet for that section.
nenea_hartia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2010, 09:17 PM   #2336
ionut
Reaching for the stars

Thanks guys for the info. I know there were some problems, I didn't realise they didn't make a decision yet... that sucks, they will probably finish late 2012, maybe even 2013...

Old November 26th, 2010, 11:20 PM   #2337
cornel001
Balamuc

Likes (Received): 133

Somewhere some time ago I've read about a undeground passage taking the autobahn under the airport.
cornel001 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2010, 01:01 PM   #2338
butar_sebastian

Likes (Received): 0

A few days ago I was on the site of the bypass in Arad, and more exactly on the bridge. They've said, that there were some problems with the design of the proper solution for se section 3, that starts right after crossing the river Mures, due to the airport runway. But they are confident that they will start soon enough. They were also some problems in desing because of different solutions of linking the section from Nadlac - Arad to the bypass of Arad, offered by the different designers for each section, repectively Nadlac - Arad and Arad bypass. I will post also some nice pictures later in the evening.

Last edited by butar_sebastian; November 27th, 2010 at 01:14 PM.
butar_sebastian no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2010, 02:02 PM   #2339
amst

Likes (Received): 967

Fresh pictures from Bucharest ring road:

amst no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2010, 12:28 AM   #2340
PhirgataZFs1694

Likes (Received): 1560

It seems to me that FCC has won quite a lot of big projects in Romania. Are you happy with their work and commitment to projects?
PhirgataZFs1694 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
highways, infrastructure, motorways, romania