daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 20th, 2011, 08:18 PM   #2481
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Likes (Received): 12043

Quote:
Originally Posted by nenea_hartia View Post
We must hold our horses for now. There is no plan, no feasibility study, no path chosen and of course, no expropriations, hence no tender for at least 5 years from now in my opinion, at least for the Romanian side. It's just political mumbo-jumbo.
Well, they mentioned running the tenders for the feasibility studies this year, they are preparing the expropriations (you know the procedure for expropriations is much easier now), and are planning to run the construction works tender next year (which will include the plan as well most probably).

Quote:
Who is discussing? It was just a monologue, a ridiculous political show off made by a third-level employee of the current government.
You may take it like that as well. We'll see in the coming period.
Castles and Mansions in Romania
Le Clerk no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 20th, 2011, 08:25 PM   #2482
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Because some people inquired here about EU funding for the Romanian section of C IV:

Source

Arad-Timisoara was in the meanwhile approved for EU Cohesion Fund. Possibly other sections funded by the EIB will also be approved for the EU Cohesion Fund.
Old January 21st, 2011, 05:18 PM   #2483
and802

Likes (Received): 55

good day,

what is the plan for 2011 ? how many kms of new motorways in Romania ?
and802 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2011, 05:43 PM   #2484
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Clerk View Post
Some updates on Romanian motorway events next year, when our PM says there will be the following openings:

Arad by-pass: 12,3 km
Arad-Timisoara: 32 km
Cernavoda-Constanta: 50 km
Constanta by-pass: 22 km

So a bit over 100 km of motorway, if things go all-right.

Probably they are leaving for 2012 the 60 km from Bucharest-Ploiesti and 64 km of Transylvania Motorway.
Bear in mind that many people are contesting the feasibility of these goals, but as you can see, works are going on even in winter.

Speaking: Arad by-pass (part of A1):

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogdymol View Post
Poze proaspete de astazi de la podul peste Mures (Arad bypass):

Vedere spre Timisoara:

Aici va fi deschiderea centrala (150 m):

Culeea dinspre aeroport:

Aceeasi culee, din alt unghi:

Aici se vede terenul pregatit pentru montarea esafodajelor:

Cu toate ca ningea, se lucra:

Vedere de ansamblu din cartierul Alfa:
Old January 21st, 2011, 05:51 PM   #2485
bogdymol
bogdymod

@and802: on sections that are u/c right now the contractors are working hard, but I'm not quite sure if they will be able to open some km of new motorways this year. The pictures that LeClerk quoted were taken by me today and they were working (although not like in the summer) even though it was snowing and windy. I keep my finger crossed for the opening of some stretches of A1 and A2 this year, but I'm not very confident.
My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2011, 10:03 PM   #2486
alwn

Likes (Received): 85

Quote:
:

- tenders will also be launched for A5 (Ploiesti-Moldovan border).
I hope it won't go on the direction focsani barlad vaslui albita. It will be useless. We need a motorway to link Bucharest to Iasi.

My opinion: Bucharest- Suceava; Tg Mures- Iasi- Ungheni. The intersection of the two motorways coul be in Roman or Pascani.
so in this way Bucharest will be connected to Iasi on the path Bucharest- Dumbravita- Buzau- Focsani- Bacau- Roman- Iasi
Old January 21st, 2011, 10:59 PM   #2487
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

The feasibility study has been completed only for Ploiesti-Focsani (133 km) and tenders will be attempted this year only for this section for a PPP. We wil see if the current motorway path will be changed.
Old January 22nd, 2011, 01:42 PM   #2488
and802

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogdymol View Post
@and802: on sections that are u/c right now the contractors are working hard, but I'm not quite sure if they will be able to open some km of new motorways this year. The pictures that LeClerk quoted were taken by me today and they were working (although not like in the summer) even though it was snowing and windy. I keep my finger crossed for the opening of some stretches of A1 and A2 this year, but I'm not very confident.
OK. I understand.

what do the project plans say about finish date ? I believe this is the only one valid piece of information we should consider/talk about.
Old January 22nd, 2011, 02:18 PM   #2489
KaaRoy

Likes (Received): 2

Looks like, in an EU interior ministers' meeting in Budapest yesterday, the Germans and the French essentially vetoed Romania's and Bulgaria's membership in Schengen for now. Only a few days ago Hungarian prime minister Orban, as president of the Council of the EU for this half year, was still talking about completing this process during this term. This seems to have failed now. The opponents cited concerns of corruption for both countries, and incomplete technical preparation in case of Bulgaria.

Last edited by KaaRoy; January 22nd, 2011 at 02:25 PM. Reason: typos
KaaRoy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2011, 03:29 PM   #2490
nenea_hartia
Skeptic

Likes (Received): 233

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaRoy View Post
The opponents cited concerns of corruption for both countries, and incomplete technical preparation in case of Bulgaria.
And they are probably right.
Btw, your prime-minister's been a friend to us, trying to solve the issue. He even made an interesting proposal yesterday in order to reach a compromise: a limited access into Schengen Space only through airports.
nenea_hartia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2011, 04:43 PM   #2491
Baiazid
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1019

Quote:
He even made an interesting proposal yesterday in order to reach a compromise: a limited access into Schengen Space only through airports.
That sounds a lot like beeing "a little pregnant"
Baiazid no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2011, 05:03 PM   #2492
nenea_hartia
Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baiazid View Post
That sounds a lot like beeing "a little pregnant"

I'm sure he is just trying to heal our wounded pride, so köszönöm szépen, miniszterelnök úr!
Old January 22nd, 2011, 07:38 PM   #2493
bogdymol
bogdymod

Quote:
Originally Posted by and802 View Post
OK. I understand.

what do the project plans say about finish date ? I believe this is the only one valid piece of information we should consider/talk about.
The project plans say that the inauguration date should be Febrary 2011, but last summer they were already 6 months (Arad - Timisoara) and 9 months (Arad bypass) behind the schedule.
Old January 22nd, 2011, 08:27 PM   #2494
and802

do you have any election this year ?
if not as long as terms of payment do not get changed the situation will not improve. other words I will not drive Arad bypass this year (the 9 month behind schedule route).
Old January 22nd, 2011, 08:29 PM   #2495
bogdymol
bogdymod

Quote:
Originally Posted by and802 View Post
do you have any election this year ?
if not as long as terms of payment do not get changed the situation will not improve. other words I will not drive Arad bypass this year (the 9 month behind schedule route).
No, but we do have elections next year so we are quite confident that some major infrastructure works will be opened meanwhile.
Old January 22nd, 2011, 09:23 PM   #2496
and802

1. so do not even expect something will be inaugurated this year. if they do it this year your happiness will dissapear unit election reaches its date in calendar.

2. if you are out of the schedule and you need to keep the origin finish date. then there is only one thing you can do: you need to change (expand) the budget. I mean to engage more resources to do the same in shorten period of time.
Old January 23rd, 2011, 06:16 PM   #2497
nebunul
Basarabia e Romania

Likes (Received): 481

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaRoy View Post
Looks like, in an EU interior ministers' meeting in Budapest yesterday, the Germans and the French essentially vetoed Romania's and Bulgaria's membership in Schengen for now. Only a few days ago Hungarian prime minister Orban, as president of the Council of the EU for this half year, was still talking about completing this process during this term. This seems to have failed now. The opponents cited concerns of corruption for both countries, and incomplete technical preparation in case of Bulgaria.
Quote:
And they are probably right.
Btw, your prime-minister's been a friend to us, trying to solve the issue. He even made an interesting proposal yesterday in order to reach a compromise: a limited access into Schengen Space only through airports.
Just double standards ...
http://www.eurotopics.net/en/archiv/...erung-2008-01/

Timpul pentru Unire niciodată nu va veni de la sine, dacă nu-l vom face şi aduce fiecare dintre noi, cei care ne dorim Unirea cu adevărat.
“DACĂ VISUL UNORA A FOST SĂ AJUNGĂ ÎN COSMOS, EU VIAŢA ÎNTREAGĂ AM VISAT SĂ TREC PRUTUL” (GRIGORE VIERU)
nebunul no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2011, 10:23 PM   #2498
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

The French want us to buy their nuclear technology, and they are blackmailing Romania to that end (Schengen is not the first means of blackmail for the same goal). The rest is just cheap talk. Buying French technology would mean, apart from huge costs for the Romanian state, also literal obliteration of the Romanian vertical nuclear industries. That's the real issue and Sarkozy is a moron for undercutting the French-Romanian relations for that.

Hungary has a direct and personal interest in RO/BG entering Schengen because they'd get rid of the costs and hassle to protect an outer Schengen border, and their support is just natural.

PS: There's no bigger corruption than the influence peddling at highest levels for deals worth close to 10 billion Euros.

PS2: The fact that RO and BG will enter Schengen/air is the result of the huge scandal generated by Romania at the EU level. Otherwise, there would be no Schengen for a long time.

Last edited by Le Clerk; January 23rd, 2011 at 11:09 PM.
Old January 23rd, 2011, 10:31 PM   #2499
nenea_hartia
Skeptic

Quote:
PS: There's no bigger corruption than the influence peddling at highest levels for deals worth close to 10 billion Euros.
Well, since I work on a daily basis with public servants and city hall employees I could say something very much different, but this is an international forum and I better restrain myself.
Old January 23rd, 2011, 11:11 PM   #2500
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

I am also working very often with public employees, mostly in Bucharest, I admit, and never was forced/faced to corruption. I am not talking media news here, but personal experiences.

But this is not really the point. The point is that Schengen is a means of blackmail used by some countries against Romania and this is pretty obvious already. Anyway, this discussion about Schengen is mostly irrelevant here.

Tags
highways, infrastructure, motorways, romania