daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 24th, 2011, 12:13 AM   #2501
and802

Likes (Received): 55

let us make one offtopic post more ...

what is this Schengen issue ? never heard of that.
and802 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 24th, 2011, 02:08 AM   #2502
lukaszek89
BANNED

Likes (Received): 930

Romania and Bulgaria were blocked by France and Germany. They can't enter schengen. Dirty move...

Last edited by lukaszek89; January 24th, 2011 at 06:38 PM.
lukaszek89 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2011, 10:06 AM   #2503
ionutzyankoo

Likes (Received): 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by and802 View Post
let us make one offtopic post more ...

what is this Schengen issue ? never heard of that.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schengen_Area
ionutzyankoo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2011, 10:19 AM   #2504
and802

I am familiar with Schengen agreement and I do know wiki tools.

I did not know anything about the Schengen issue. as I understood your memebership is about to be postponed. so will you really suffer from that ? does it make a lot of hassles for you ?
Old January 25th, 2011, 10:32 AM   #2505
nenea_hartia
Skeptic

Likes (Received): 233

Quote:
I am familiar with Schengen agreement and I do know wiki tools.

I did not know anything about the Schengen issue. as I understood your memebership is about to be postponed. so will you really suffer from that ? does it make a lot of hassles for you ?
Well, it depends. For small-car traffic it won't hurt too much. At this moment there is only one border checking when you exit Romania via Bulgaria and Hungary; the check is made in common by Romanian & Bulgarian or Romanian and Hungarian border officers and it usually takes only 2-3 minutes. But there is a different situation for lorries and from time to time you can witness long queues especially at the RO-HU borders due to the customs inspections.

Last edited by nenea_hartia; January 25th, 2011 at 11:26 AM.
nenea_hartia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2011, 11:19 AM   #2506
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Likes (Received): 12044

That, and the fact that a lot of money has been invested into EADS border security solutions (hundreds of million of Euros, 600 million to be accurate) in a time when money was cut from hospitals and schools as a result of budgetary reforms, and the result is that France and Germany are telling us thank you, nice job, your border security systems are perfectly OK, still, **** off idiots!

Imagine that amount put in motorways construction.
Castles and Mansions in Romania

Last edited by Le Clerk; January 25th, 2011 at 11:32 AM.
Le Clerk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2011, 11:31 AM   #2507
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Anyway, let's get back on-topic:

Quote:
The Bucuresti-Constanta motorway will be continued to Vama Veche, works start in 2012

Date: 25-01-2011

The Motorway Company in România ,CNADNR , will start bids this year for feasability studies to start, this year, the bid for the construction of the 33 km motorway to link Constanta to Vama Veche, Liviu Costache, the general manager of CNADNR stated on Thursday for Agerpress.

"This part of motorway which will link Constanta to Vama Veche will receive this year European financing after we managed to get into the Corridor IV last November. Practically, starting this year we will be able to organise the tenders so that we can start next year the works", Liviu Costache said.

The official was recently in Constanta to discuss with the local authorities about expropriation and archaeological sites necessary to finalise the Cernavoda-Constanta highway and the circle road of Constanta.

Costache assured that this year the Cernavoda-Constanta section of A2 and the motorway by-pass of Constanta will be open to traffic, so that the works could be finalised by the end of 2012.
Source
Old January 25th, 2011, 11:39 AM   #2508
bogdymol
bogdymod

Imagine how many archeological works will have to be done on this new motorway between Tomis and Callatis.
My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2011, 11:48 AM   #2509
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

The motorway path will be away from the coast AFAIK. Maybe they'll manage to avoid possible archeological sites.
Old January 25th, 2011, 12:16 PM   #2510
bogdymol
bogdymod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Clerk View Post
The motorway path will be away from the coast AFAIK. Maybe they'll manage to avoid possible archeological sites.
I know it won't be a coastal motorway, but still, this area is, maybe, the most "historical" part of our country.
Old January 25th, 2011, 01:08 PM   #2511
and802

Quote:
Originally Posted by nenea_hartia View Post
Well, it depends. For small-car traffic it won't hurt too much. At this moment there is only one border checking when you exit Romania via Bulgaria and Hungary; the check is made in common by Romanian & Bulgarian or Romanian and Hungarian border officers and it usually takes only 2-3 minutes. But there is a different situation for lorries and from time to time you can witness long queues especially at the RO-HU borders due to the customs inspections.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Clerk View Post
That, and the fact that a lot of money has been invested into EADS border security solutions (hundreds of million of Euros, 600 million to be accurate) in a time when money was cut from hospitals and schools as a result of budgetary reforms, and the result is that France and Germany are telling us thank you, nice job, your border security systems are perfectly OK, still, **** off idiots!

Imagine that amount put in motorways construction.

I am not trying to be a devil's advocate. but the money you spent is a good investment anyway, bacause that improves your security.

If this is only a problem for lorry drivers I would not worry too much. Poland is for a year or so in Schengen area and I do not remember I was feeling a difference before and after
Old January 26th, 2011, 03:31 AM   #2512
MrAkumana

Likes (Received): 100

Quote:
Poland is for a year or so in Schengen area and I do not remember I was feeling a difference before and after
Actually Poland joined the schengen zone on December 2007. That's over 3 years ago... The main changes are usually no cues for passport control when entering or leaving the country by air, as well as and no cues on main roads border crossings for passport control. If you live near a border with another schengen state or travel a lot it does save you time and also unnecesary hassles.
Old January 26th, 2011, 09:34 AM   #2513
Baiazid
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1019

Quote:
Poland is for a year or so in Schengen area and I do not remember I was feeling a difference before and after
Actually, joining "Schengenland" does not really impact on the day to day travel. I mean for a regular tourist, traveling by his own car, the travel time reduction is 5-10' o regular basis and maybe 30' in rush times, such as Christmas and Easter. That's rubbish for private journeys across Europe. I do rember the real private traveling issues, back in the nineties, when I had to wait 3 days, with nigh shifts!! in a queue to get a German visa, then one more day to get an Austrian transit visa. Then having to show the available traveling money at the border, in order to be allowed to cross. That was really humiliating. Compared to that, waiting today 5' for a passport control is absolutely nothing and I'm certain there will be no personal improvement when Romania will finally join "Schengenland".

However, on one hand Schengen does impact directly on the goods transport, as there are no more customs procedures. That means both significant reduction of transit times, as well as cost reduction for shipments. And that boosts trade across the borders.

On the other hand, being a Schengen member means total freedom of movement of the people, as opposed to the current status. The citizens of the non-Schengen countries are legally allowed, without visa, only maximum 90 days journeys and with a maximum of 6 months / year inside Schengen countries, without the right to work. But the citizens of the Schengen countries are legally allowed to change residence at any moment, for any period anywhere inside Schengen, without limitation and or permits. That also applies to the right of work, but here there might be limitations applied by the national laws of the destination countries.

And last but not least, joining the Schengenland, opens the door for cross-border projects between neighbouring member countries, as the border security is no longer an issue. So any parks, plants, new roads, railways etc. can be built right next to or even right on the border, without any limitation.
Baiazid no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2011, 10:13 AM   #2514
bogdymol
bogdymod

2010 Romanian roads statistics:

9.213 accidents
2.363 killed
8.477 injured

2009:
10.213 accidents
2.797 killed
9.096 injured
Old January 26th, 2011, 12:13 PM   #2515
Nyuszi
#1 Bunny

Likes (Received): 19

Hi Guys! Our infrastructure developer announced today the (hopefully) scheduled opening (2013 May) of the last M43 section (Makó-Romanian border). I'm pretty sure it was posted several times already, but could you please tell me, when the connection on the Romanian side supposed to be finished?
Nyuszi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2011, 12:16 PM   #2516
panda80

Likes (Received): 333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyuszi View Post
Hi Guys! Our infrastructure developer announced today the (hopefully) scheduled opening (2013 May) of the last M43 section (Makó-Romanian border). I'm pretty sure it was posted several times already, but could you please tell me, when the connection on the Romanian side supposed to be finished?
Probably around end of 2013-beginning of 2014, if everything goes well. The company to build it is to be decided in february, and if there will be no contestation, works will start in summer.
Skilldetector A new HR platform where everything is about your skills!
panda80 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2011, 12:20 PM   #2517
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Yep, 2 years from contract award, which is supposed to happen in February, unless there is no procedural hassle as panda mentioned.
Old January 26th, 2011, 12:22 PM   #2518
panda80

Likes (Received): 333

Edit
Skilldetector A new HR platform where everything is about your skills!
panda80 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2011, 12:27 PM   #2519
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Quote:
I am not trying to be a devil's advocate. but the money you spent is a good investment anyway, bacause that improves your security.
Sure, but we didn't have a major problem with protection of our borders even before this Schengen system was implemented. Therefore, it's only a good investment to the extent there is genuine interest in joining the Schengen space. Otherwise, there are more urgent investment needs.
Old January 27th, 2011, 04:52 AM   #2520
MrAkumana

Likes (Received): 100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baiazid View Post
The citizens of the non-Schengen countries are legally allowed, without visa, only maximum 90 days journeys and with a maximum of 6 months / year inside Schengen countries, without the right to work. But the citizens of the Schengen countries are legally allowed to change residence at any moment, for any period anywhere inside Schengen, without limitation and or permits. That also applies to the right of work, but here there might be limitations applied by the national laws of the destination countries.

If you are a EU national you can visit or live on any other EU state without any kind of restrictions (no time limit, nothing), regardless of your country being part of the schengen zone or not. example : a French citizen can visit or live in the UK (which is not part of schengen and won't be in the near future) without any restrictions. A romanian can can visit or live in Finland without any restrictions.

What there is, however, is still some limitations on work permits for certain of the newest EU members on some of the oldest EU members (but not on all of them, as each one can choose what to do). When a new member joins the EU, the older member states can choose to limit their acess to work permits for up to 7 years. Most of the time the limitations are just an increase of bureocracy in order for the company to be able to contract the EU citizen from a new member state.

Tags
highways, infrastructure, motorways, romania