daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 28th, 2011, 02:55 PM   #2521
bozata90

Likes (Received): 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAkumana View Post
If you are a EU national you can visit or live on any other EU state without any kind of restrictions (no time limit, nothing), regardless of your country being part of the schengen zone or not. example : a French citizen can visit or live in the UK (which is not part of schengen and won't be in the near future) without any restrictions. A romanian can can visit or live in Finland without any restrictions.

What there is, however, is still some limitations on work permits for certain of the newest EU members on some of the oldest EU members (but not on all of them, as each one can choose what to do). When a new member joins the EU, the older member states can choose to limit their acess to work permits for up to 7 years. Most of the time the limitations are just an increase of bureocracy in order for the company to be able to contract the EU citizen from a new member state.
That is not true...theoretically. You only have right to stay and live in the country for 90 days. After this you will have to leave its borders and then return (on the same day, if you want...). Also - when getting a job, you have to register and do some other formalities as well. And, finally, there is that restriction for new countries.
bozata90 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 28th, 2011, 03:39 PM   #2522
eucitizen

Likes (Received): 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by bozata90 View Post
That is not true...theoretically. You only have right to stay and live in the country for 90 days. After this you will have to leave its borders and then return (on the same day, if you want...). Also - when getting a job, you have to register and do some other formalities as well. And, finally, there is that restriction for new countries.
The 90 days is just a formality. After that limit you might ask, but you are not obliged, for a residence permit, which in most cases is a pure formality, depending on the purpose. The restricitons for new EU citizens regards only the work permits, the freedom of movements is totally granted. If you can proof of minimum means you can ask for a residence permit everywhere you like, even if you don't work or study.
Moreover the ECJ rulings and the last directive on free movement of people state that an EU country can kick a citizen of another member country out only for public order, public security and public health, which are quite restricted and hard to abuse. Therefore the country has to proof why that citizen is dangerous, otherwise risks to violate his rights and to be sued.
If the citizens would know better their rights , countries would be more careful in abusing. Anyway I suspect that most of the time the local police officers are quite igonrant about the rights of EU citizens.
Old January 28th, 2011, 04:18 PM   #2523
bozata90

Likes (Received): 50

In my country, Bulgaria, even the judges are a bit ignorant about the acquis (that makes the story a lot easier for the good barristers ), not to speak about policeman. I suggest that we end the off-topic...
bozata90 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2011, 04:14 PM   #2524
waddler
BANNED

Likes (Received): 8

Quote:
If you are a EU national you can visit or live on any other EU state without any kind of restrictions (no time limit, nothing), regardless of your country being part of the schengen zone or not. example : a French citizen can visit or live in the UK (which is not part of schengen and won't be in the near future) without any restrictions. A romanian can can visit or live in Finland without any restrictions.
You're right there. When I crossed the border, in both Hungary, by car, and France, by air, I only used my ID card, and they didn't registered my time of arrival and I haven't got any kind sticker on it, basically nobody records the time when you arrive and nobody tells you when you should leave, if Romanian citizens were indeed restricted to 90 days, they would've needed a sort of visa or something.

Quote:
What there is, however, is still some limitations on work permits for certain of the newest EU members on some of the oldest EU members (but not on all of them, as each one can choose what to do). When a new member joins the EU, the older member states can choose to limit their acess to work permits for up to 7 years. Most of the time the limitations are just an increase of bureocracy in order for the company to be able to contract the EU citizen from a new member state.
Yeah, that's also true, BUT, even if Romania would join schengen, let's say tomorrow, those working restrictions in some of the countries would still be up till 2012, it's a totally different thing, as shown here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom..._member_states
waddler no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2011, 08:04 PM   #2525
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Likes (Received): 12038

New cable-stayed overpass getting ready for opening for Bucharest's ringroad:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ionut View Post
Castles and Mansions in Romania
Le Clerk está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2011, 04:57 PM   #2526
blinski

Likes (Received): 301

The perspective has given it some majesty
blinski no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2011, 12:33 AM   #2527
PhirgataZFs1694

Likes (Received): 1560

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinski View Post
The perspective has given it some majesty
I think it's majestic from any perspective
PhirgataZFs1694 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2011, 06:16 AM   #2528
ionut
Reaching for the stars

Likes (Received): 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhirgataZFs1694 View Post
The lighting is not finished yet, nor the bridge itself. We'll keep you guys posted, we're glad you like it. Feel free to drop by and try it yourselves.

As a sign of appreciation and respect for the Romanian moderators and a few Romanian users, I will not edit all my 4100+ messages. I dedicate all the "work" I've done with passion on SSC to these handful of users. I will only continue to read SSC and be available for these users on PM. Thank you.
ionut no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2011, 12:08 PM   #2529
luci203

Likes (Received): 1203

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhirgataZFs1694 View Post
Yeah... a real behemoth...

P.S.
How long is the main span?
Old February 1st, 2011, 07:44 PM   #2530
nenea_hartia
Skeptic

Likes (Received): 233

Bypass Arad - pics made today of the bridge over river Mureş:

nenea_hartia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2011, 01:40 AM   #2531
Sabanban

Likes (Received): 21

How many km of motorway is operational in Romania?
How many km is under construction?
Sabanban no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2011, 10:41 PM   #2532
waddler
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabanban View Post
How many km of motorway is operational in Romania?
Only 338 km
Quote:
How many km is under construction?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Clerk View Post
Some updates on C IV:

Works on Deva-Orastie (in red: 33 km) should start this month, while Lugoj-Deva (in pink: 100 km) and Nadlac-Arad (in blue: 39 km) have just been tendered, with works to start in early spring (if noone challenges the tender results again):

Rest of colours:

Motorway sections to be opened by 2012 (241 km on A1, A3 and A4):
Suplacu de Barcău-Borş (64 km) (A3)
Bucharest-Ploiesti (61 km) (A3)
Timisoara-Arad, incl.Arad by-pass (44 km) (A1)
Cernavodă-Constanţa (50 km) (A2)
Constanta by-pass (22 km) (A4)

Remaining to be tendered this year.

Green: motorways in use.
Old February 3rd, 2011, 10:57 PM   #2533
nenea_hartia
Skeptic

Likes (Received): 233

^ Well, the map is not accurate. Only one third of Lugoj-Deva is tendered. Instead Timişoara-Lugoj and Orăştie-Sibiu are both tendered.
And of course, Le Clerk is very optimistic like usual , hoping some works could start on those sections in early spring, since there is no technical design yet.
nenea_hartia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2011, 11:37 PM   #2534
waddler
BANNED

Hm, yup, you're right, he did ask for U/C sections after all. OK, the only real U/C motorways, AFAIK, are:

Constanta bypass (the round dark green looking round thingy @ the Black Sea)
Bucharest - Ploiesti (the dark green section N of Bucharest)
Arad - Timisoara (the dark green section in the W)

And that little piece of motorway in the NW, near Oradea, which I know nothing about, maybe paper_dude can tell you more.

As for the U/C projects that will never, EVER be done till you turn 80 years old, I'd say:

The rest of A2
A4 Constanta-Bulgaria
Aaaand, of course, everything else there is left

(Ok, I admit, I was kidding about the never part, I don't know many things about those sections)

Last edited by waddler; February 3rd, 2011 at 11:52 PM.
Old February 4th, 2011, 09:37 AM   #2535
panda80

Likes (Received): 333

Finished sections:
A1 Bucharest-Pitesti 111km
A1 Sibiu bypass 17km
A2 Bucharest-Cernavoda 152km
A3 Campia Turzii-Gilau 51km
Total 331km

U/C sections
A1 Arad-Timisoara and Arad bypass 44km
A2 Cernavoda-Constanta 51km
A3 Bucharest-Ploiesti 55km
A3 Suplacu de Barcau-Bors 64km
A4 Constanta bypass 22km
Total aprox. 236km

To start construction this spring:
A1 Deva-Orastie 32km
Skilldetector A new HR platform where everything is about your skills!

Last edited by panda80; February 4th, 2011 at 09:46 AM.
panda80 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2011, 09:42 AM   #2536
ionut
Reaching for the stars

panda, you forgot A4 Constanta bypass (23 km I think), under construction, will be finished next year for sure.

As a sign of appreciation and respect for the Romanian moderators and a few Romanian users, I will not edit all my 4100+ messages. I dedicate all the "work" I've done with passion on SSC to these handful of users. I will only continue to read SSC and be available for these users on PM. Thank you.
Old February 4th, 2011, 09:46 AM   #2537
panda80

Likes (Received): 333

Quote:
Originally Posted by ionut View Post
panda, you forgot A4 Constanta bypass (23 km I think), under construction, will be finished next year for sure.
Thanks, edited. So in about 2 years we will almost double our motorway network.
Skilldetector A new HR platform where everything is about your skills!
panda80 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2011, 09:49 AM   #2538
ionut
Reaching for the stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda80 View Post
Thanks, edited. So in about 2 years we will almost double our motorway network.
Yup, that's the plan.

Old February 4th, 2011, 11:09 AM   #2539
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Likes (Received): 12038

Quote:
Transport Ministry not adverse to Bechtel's financing some highway segments

Date: 03-02-2011

The Ministry of Transport will conclude at the end of February talks with Transylvania highway builder Bechtel, for establishing clear-cut costs, as well as the segments that will be built in the next period, Minister of Transport Anca Boagiu on Wednesday told Agerpres.

'We are in talks with Bechtel. We will not kick off works on any new segment before we define the technical and economic details in the contracts. We have a team that assesses the works carried out so far, and when all the details related primarily to costs - because this is a target cost contract - will have been established, we will resume talks on whether we start new segments and who is to provide the financing, we do not oppose the idea that that they finance the respective segments themselves. The condition is that we work under a contract that complies with European requirements,' said Boagiu.

The Minister said that she understands the need for this project, but gets admonished by Brussels authorities over the contract and its impact on the state budget.

'As a Minister I cannot accept that we carry on with a contract I am being slammed for whenever I travel to Brussels because it is budget black hole, but I can neither contest the need for this highway. I hope that we conclude contract revision talks by the time the winter is over so that we can make a decision for the next period,' concluded the Minister of Transport. Bechtel has already announced that it would lay off over 600 employees this year for lack of workfront.

Overall, the Transylvania highway running between Bors and Brasov (country north-west to country center) will be 415 km long, of which over 55 km of bridges and viaducts, 94 walkways 58 cross-passages and 16 road hubs. The first 42 km of the motorway between Turda and Gilau, near the city of Cluj, were opened to traffic on December 1, 2009, followed by the rest of the section till Campia Turzii in November 2010.

Given the current budgetary restrictions, the authorities and the American contractor are scrambling to find solutions for continuing works on the Bors - Targu Mures highway section.
Source
Castles and Mansions in Romania
Le Clerk está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2011, 01:28 PM   #2540
waddler
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda80 View Post
U/C sections
A1 Arad-Timisoara and Arad bypass 44km
A2 Cernavoda-Constanta 51km
A3 Bucharest-Ploiesti 55km
A3 Suplacu de Barcau-Bors 64km
A4 Constanta bypass 22km
Total aprox. 236km
Are ALL of these really U/C? wow I should visit the infrastructure section more often.

Tags
highways, infrastructure, motorways, romania