daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 14th, 2011, 05:17 PM   #2661
ionut
Reaching for the stars

Likes (Received): 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by ionutzyankoo View Post
Ok, you are right, my wording was not the best. I should've said instead of "Regii asfaltului" "the cheapest bidder". My point is that not the price should be the main factor in choosing this tenders.
And it's not. The price counts for 30%, the tech project for 70%.

As a sign of appreciation and respect for the Romanian moderators and a few Romanian users, I will not edit all my 4100+ messages. I dedicate all the "work" I've done with passion on SSC to these handful of users. I will only continue to read SSC and be available for these users on PM. Thank you.
ionut no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 14th, 2011, 05:21 PM   #2662
nenea_hartia
Skeptic

Likes (Received): 233

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Clerk View Post

Straco Group did a very good and fast job at Sibiu motorway by-pass.
Nope, it was Vectra Service there.

And let's face it: isn't a little bit strange for someone to win a tender from the sixth position?? Yeah, I'm talking about Romstrade. I know the price matters less and the technical offer is decisive. But c'mon, you can disqualify the first bidder, maybe the second... Ok, I admit, even the third... but ALL five bidders in front of you? Is it possible for all five bidders to make errors in their tender documents for one Lot and then some of them to make perfect tender documents for other Lots and win the tender there? I'm talking about Tirrena Scavi (first place), Astaldi (third place) and Strabag (third place).
Well, of course I don't know the truth, but for me it looks like: please, let the Romanian company win here and I promise I will give you some wins there, there and there.

Last edited by nenea_hartia; April 14th, 2011 at 05:33 PM.
nenea_hartia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2011, 07:06 PM   #2663
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Likes (Received): 12043

It's something I've heard as a buzz happening in the western EU countries as well. We don't have to reinvent the wheel, do we? We're just importing it. Just a buzz, of course.

PS: Vectra it was indeed on Sibiu by-pass.
Castles and Mansions in Romania

Last edited by Le Clerk; April 14th, 2011 at 07:12 PM.
Le Clerk está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2011, 08:55 PM   #2664
rorise1

Likes (Received): 5

I hope this auction will increase the salaries for engineers...
Old April 17th, 2011, 06:31 PM   #2665
ke

Likes (Received): 13

Somehow related: M43 Szeged - Mako will be open this next week. Source http://www.stiri.com.ro/stire-6251/i...zat-nimic.html
ke no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2011, 11:50 AM   #2666
Qtya
sensational

Likes (Received): 9391

Quote:
Originally Posted by ke View Post
Somehow related: M43 Szeged - Mako will be open this next week. Source http://www.stiri.com.ro/stire-6251/i...zat-nimic.html
It was moved one day ahead. M43 will be opened for traffic on the 20th of April, so on Wednesday.

II. János Pál pápa
Qtya no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2011, 05:27 PM   #2667
Bad_Hafen
BANNED

Likes (Received): 159

Quote:
Well, both. There's no point in breaking the link in Craiova, which is only about 70 km away from the bridge. In fact, AFAIK, Romania lobbied and obtained from the Commission an extension of south C IV of at least 100 km in order to place Craiova on it, otherwise, the connection with the bridge would've been much shorter through Romania.

PS:Let's dicsuss this o the Romanian motorways thread.
Yes both, but if we talk about priorities, than one has to be priority and not all of them are priorities.
I really think that there are more important routes in RO that needs motorway than Craiova - Vidin.
Bad_Hafen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2011, 08:48 PM   #2668
nenea_hartia
Skeptic

Likes (Received): 233

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad_Hafen View Post
Yes both, but if we talk about priorities, than one has to be priority and not all of them are priorities.
I really think that there are more important routes in RO that needs motorway than Craiova - Vidin.
You're right. At the moment, the national route DN6 between Craiova and Timişoara is almost completely rehabilitated. It's not a motorway, not even an expressway, but I believe it is enough for now. They are still working from place to place, especially between Orşova and Turnu Severin, but one can travel fast enough between west and south of the country. Even more, for those who will use Vidin-Calafat bridge in the future, there is a better and shorter route, on the road 56A. That road is in very good shape, being recently rehabilitated, and for the moment it has almost no traffic.
If the bridge will increase traffic via Pan-European Corridor IV - the southern branch - it remains to be seen.
In the near future I believe Romania should concentrate on the northern branch of Corridor IV (A1 & A2 motorways) and find some money for A3, at least for the stretches Bucharest-Ploieşti, Comarnic-Braşov and Târgu Mureş-HU border.
nenea_hartia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2011, 09:52 AM   #2669
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

I think we are talking completelly different matters: EU funded projects (Corridor IV) as opposed to non-EU funded projects (A3). There is no link in between them and one doesn't exclude the other.
Old April 19th, 2011, 09:55 AM   #2670
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad_Hafen View Post
The priorities for Romania are many, but they need to be prioritized to where the money are coming for. It suffices to look at where there are works now and you'll notice works are ONLY on EU financed routes.

For 2013-2020, most money will come from the EU, and therefore the priorities IMO will be C IV (Timisoara-Craiova-Calafat/Vidin) and CIX (Ploiesti-Albita and/or Tg.Mures-Iasi). If there will be money from PPPs, something which may be possible even this year, A3 and Sibiu-Pitesti may be worked on in the meanwhile.

Last edited by Le Clerk; April 19th, 2011 at 10:44 AM.
Old April 19th, 2011, 10:04 AM   #2671
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

BTW:
Quote:
China Investment Corp. is looking for investment opportunities in Romania

A Chinese sovereign investment fund, whose aggregated assets reach USD 300 billion, is looking for investment opportunities in Europe. The fund is interested in infrastructure projects and finds the European PPP model much better than that of the USA. The China Investment Corp. could prove to be a solution for Romania's infrastructure projects, given that the Ministry of Transport is trying to find financing sources for two major highways: Pitesti-Sibiu and Comarnic-Brasov.
(Romanian Source)
Old April 19th, 2011, 10:57 AM   #2672
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

BTW:

Quote:
Transportation Minister: Amounts saved at EU funded contracts directed towards Corridor IV and bypass roads
Date: 19-04-2011

Minister of Transports and Infrastructure Anca Boagiu on Thursday said that the 600 million euros saved after the tender offers for the infrastructure projects financed by European funds will be used for Pan-European Corridor IV and for the bypass roads construction programme.

Attending the meeting held by the Foreign Investors Council (CIS), Minister Anca Boagiu said that the way the task books were drafted and the tenders with European funds for infrastructure held in December 2010 and April 2011 were conducted, led to savings amounting to roughly 600 million euros, a sum to be used for other similar projects.

'The winners of the tenders for Pan-European Corridor IV stretches were announced this week and the savings made by the way we conducted these tenders, rising to 400 million euros or so, will help us invest in other projects of the kind. In December 2010, after a similar tender, we managed to save 200 million euros,' added the Minister of Transports.

The Minister said that they would not tolerate any breaches of the contracts signed, and the termination of the contract with the French company Colas, responsible for the Cernavoda-Medgidia stretch (south-eastern Romania), due to the contract violation, would be valid for any contractor breaching the contractual provisions.

'Ever since I took over the Ministry, the road-building companies have been fined with 40 million euros for breaching the contracts. We will observe the law and anyone who does not stick to the contract will pay,' added the Minister of Transports.
Source
Old April 19th, 2011, 12:35 PM   #2673
Bad_Hafen
BANNED

Quote:
The priorities for Romania are many, but they need to be prioritized to where the money are coming for. It suffices to look at where there are works now and you'll notice works are ONLY on EU financed routes.

For 2013-2020, most money will come from the EU, and therefore the priorities IMO will be C IV (Timisoara-Craiova-Calafat/Vidin) and CIX (Ploiesti-Albita and/or Tg.Mures-Iasi). If there will be money from PPPs, something which may be possible even this year, A3 and Sibiu-Pitesti may be worked on in the meanwhile.
I could hardy call that priority, the word you are looking for is the most certain and not the highest priority.
Old April 19th, 2011, 12:50 PM   #2674
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

You don't get it, right? If the EU says, look, I'll give you EUR 3 billion for C IV and C IX starting 2013, Romania should say, no, thank you, I have other priorities for which I have to struggle to borrow the same amount of money which are free to grab from the EU?

If you look at C IV, it actually makes very good sense the Vidin/Calafat connection, because the northern section currently U/C is only the connection with Constanta as a point of entry in the EU:

http://www.unece.org/trans/main/ter/...dors/corr4.jpg

The southern section will make the connection with the rest of Balkans and with Turkey.

Last edited by Le Clerk; April 19th, 2011 at 01:01 PM.
Old April 19th, 2011, 01:25 PM   #2675
Bad_Hafen
BANNED

I got it.
I said it is more certain because it can be funded from EU, but for RO it would be better to build another motorways.
What about both northern and southern sections how much is completed so far?
Old April 19th, 2011, 01:43 PM   #2676
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

The north section is about 800 km long, and only 320 km completed. With the recent tenders, most of remaining sections will become U/C (less a section of about 150 km which doesn't have funds for the moment).

Last edited by Le Clerk; April 19th, 2011 at 02:51 PM.
Old April 19th, 2011, 04:40 PM   #2677
ionutzyankoo

Likes (Received): 27

You know that you are speaking about motorways but in the map is the railway part of corridor IV, right?
ionutzyankoo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2011, 05:04 PM   #2678
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19391

ROU? República Oriental del Uruguay?
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2011, 05:16 PM   #2679
bogdymol
bogdymod

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
ROU? República Oriental del Uruguay?
Our country code changed from ROM to ROU (maybe because ROM could be easily mistaken with romma population = gypsyes).

Even in the Romanian passports at the country code you can see ROU:

My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2011, 05:27 PM   #2680
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ionutzyankoo View Post
You know that you are speaking about motorways but in the map is the railway part of corridor IV, right?
The pan-European corridors are valid for both motorway and railway, only that the motorway route is slightly different. Anyway, the point of discussion was the major directions of the south and north branches of C IV, and that map points at that.

Tags
highways, infrastructure, motorways, romania