daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 15th, 2011, 12:28 PM   #2821
nenea_hartia
Skeptic

Likes (Received): 233

More:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogdymol View Post

nenea_hartia no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 15th, 2011, 12:31 PM   #2822
bogdymol
bogdymod

Construction development of Mureș Bridge in Arad, part of A1 motorway:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nenea_hartia View Post
Pile 6 - 5 March:

Pile 6 - 1 April:

Pile 6 - 14 May:

Pile 7 - 5 March:

Pile 7 - 1 April:

Pile 7 - 14 May:

My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2011, 01:00 PM   #2823
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Likes (Received): 12012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ke View Post
What's the status of Moara Vlasiei - Ploiesti deal ? Is it cancelled as I've heard on TV some time ago ?
No, it's not cancelled. The contractor did receive a warning letter to speed up works in order to complete the motorway this year. And from what we have seen from pictures from the site, the contractor seems to have sped up works. That section (42 km) is completed almost 90% and there are high chances it can be opened this year.
Castles and Mansions in Romania

Last edited by Le Clerk; May 15th, 2011 at 01:16 PM.
Le Clerk está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2011, 06:29 PM   #2824
eurocopter

Likes (Received): 2043

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Clerk View Post
No, it's not cancelled. The contractor did receive a warning letter to speed up works in order to complete the motorway this year. And from what we have seen from pictures from the site, the contractor seems to have sped up works. That section (42 km) is completed almost 90% and there are high chances it can be opened this year.
Le Clerk stop being exagerately-optimistic. The 42km section between M. Vlasiei and Ploiesti is not even by far 90% completed (perhaps around 70%) and will certainly not be completed this year. However, there are some chances that Bucharest - Ploiesti A3 sector will be completed in 2012 as it is election year.
eurocopter no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2011, 12:01 AM   #2825
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

The 90% completion info is in the warning notice the road company sent to the contractors, part of which was leaked in the media and we posted it on the relevant thread on the Romanian forum. In fact, most structures are completed as we could see in recent pictures posted, except for the 2 km section where no works were done and for which the notice was sent.
Old May 18th, 2011, 06:11 AM   #2826
ionut
Reaching for the stars

Likes (Received): 39

Oh man, last evening I was so tired I forgot to post the update on this thread. I posted a big update from A4-Constanta bypass from the secret source - pictures taken from December 2010 all the way to April 30th.

Here are the links:
December 2010 - http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...postcount=1378
January 2011 - http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...postcount=1380
February 2011 - http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...postcount=1385
March 2011 - http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...postcount=1386
April 2011 - part 1 - http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...postcount=1387
April 2011 - part 2 - http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...postcount=1388

Enjoy!

As a sign of appreciation and respect for the Romanian moderators and a few Romanian users, I will not edit all my 4100+ messages. I dedicate all the "work" I've done with passion on SSC to these handful of users. I will only continue to read SSC and be available for these users on PM. Thank you.
ionut no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2011, 11:00 AM   #2827
butar_sebastian

Likes (Received): 0

Foarte misto Ionut!!! Bravo si felicitari pentru sursa ta. Imaginile sunt extraordinare. Cine nu are rabdare sa se uite pierde multe. Acum putem sa spunem ca vedem un avans adevarat al lucrarii si mai ales zic eu seriozitate in respectarea tehnologiei si calitate in executie. Din cate se vede va fi o bucata excelent realizata. Sa speram la cat mai multe autostrazi de acest nivel calitativ al lucrarilor de executie, asta inseamna experienta pt muncitorii romani si pentru inginerii constructori, avand ca finalitate confortul nostru rutier. La mai multe Ionut!!!

Excellent Ionut !!! Congrats and awesome for your source, the pics are extraordinary! Who ain't got enough time to watch them is a small loser. :P
We finally can say that is a good section, a proper executed one! Let's hope of many more highways of this quality level of execution of works, because mainly this means experience for the romanian workers and construction engineers, having as a result our confort on the road. Thanks Ionut and to many more pictures!!!

Last edited by butar_sebastian; May 19th, 2011 at 04:01 PM. Reason: English version too...
butar_sebastian no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2011, 11:30 AM   #2828
ionut
Reaching for the stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by butar_sebastian View Post
Foarte misto Ionut!!! Bravo si felicitari pentru sursa ta. Imaginile sunt extraordinare. Cine nu are rabdare sa se uite pierde multe. Acum putem sa spunem ca vedem un avans adevarat al lucrarii si mai ales zic eu seriozitate in respectarea tehnologiei si calitate in executie. Din cate se vede va fi o bucata excelent realizata. Sa speram la cat mai multe autostrazi de acest nivel calitativ al lucrarilor de executie, asta inseamna experienta pt muncitorii romani si pentru inginerii constructori, avand ca finalitate confortul nostru rutier. La mai multe Ionut!!!
Thank you thank you! Just a small request: this is an international thread, when you're posting here please post in English. There are many international readers on this thread who don't speak Romanian. Thanks!

As a sign of appreciation and respect for the Romanian moderators and a few Romanian users, I will not edit all my 4100+ messages. I dedicate all the "work" I've done with passion on SSC to these handful of users. I will only continue to read SSC and be available for these users on PM. Thank you.
Old May 19th, 2011, 12:57 AM   #2829
danielstan

Location: Pitesti, RO // Helsinki Final Act 1975, Point 3) Inviolability of frontiers
Likes (Received): 407

The secret source is named Deep Throat )
danielstan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2011, 01:09 AM   #2830
eurocopter

Likes (Received): 2043

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielstan View Post
The secret source is named Deep Throat )
eurocopter no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2011, 03:55 PM   #2831
butar_sebastian

Likes (Received): 0

Yeah...

Yes, I forgotten, but that happens some times no? So... in conclusion, because you already read what I've posted about those beautiful pictures I send you my regards in english too... I'll try one of these days to post some pics of the rest of the 2 section, one including the Bridge over Mures River, because I've seen progress in those sections. The 3rd they haven't attacked it yet because they still have some problems with the DSV Arad. So let's hope they'll start soon enough because they are some off graphs.
butar_sebastian no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2011, 04:02 PM   #2832
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Incredible!

Quote:
Romania To Open One Lane Of Basarab-Constanta Motorway and Constanta's Motorway By-Pass In July

One lane on the Basarab-Constanta section of the Bucharest-Constanta highway in Romania, as well as Constanta's ringroad, will be opened to traffic in July, Transport Minister Anca Boagiu said Thursday.

The Basarab-Constanta section is part of the Medgidia-Constanta segment, which is being built by Astaldi and Max Boegl for EUR211 million, provided by the European Investment Bank and the state budget.

The so-called Sun Highway currently links Bucharest to Cernavoda. The remaining section has been divided into two segments: Cernavoda-Medgidia and Medgidia-Constanta. French company Colas worked on the former segment until April, when the Transport Ministry terminated the contract, citing Colas' failure to expropriate land and delays in designing an alternative route and obtaining construction authorization.
Source
Old May 19th, 2011, 04:04 PM   #2833
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19364

Basarab? wasn't that a fly-over in Bucharest?
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2011, 04:13 PM   #2834
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Yes, but it's also a small town west of Constanta. It's the section in blue (about 15 km to Constanta):

I actually was pessimistic about these openings and still are, and I'd still be surprised if they can keep up with the plan, though at Constanta's by-pass they worked all winter long at structures in special warm-keeping tents, which was a first in Romania so far.

Last edited by Le Clerk; May 19th, 2011 at 04:22 PM.
Old May 19th, 2011, 06:24 PM   #2835
ionut
Reaching for the stars

Idiots. It's not BASARAB, it's BASARABI. The town is actually called Murfatlar, famous for its wines. But that's just a stupid article.

Old May 19th, 2011, 09:30 PM   #2836
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

According to media reports and contractors themselves, the Bucharest-Ploiesti motorway will be completed this year. It seems that the warning letter caused them to accelerate works and we might see 60 new km of motorway this year. At 90% completion, that is very possible.
Old May 20th, 2011, 06:23 PM   #2837
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

UPDATE on contracts signed today on C IV in BLUE. Value of the contracts is EUR 700 million:

Quote:
And the official winners are:

Nadlac-Arad
Lot 1(22,2 km): Romstrade (RO) – Monteadriano Engenharia e Construcao (PT) – Donep Construct (RO) - EUR 120 m ~ EUR 5.4m/km
Lot 2(16,6 km): Alpine Bau GmbH (D) - EUR 102 m ~ EUR 6.3m/km

Timișoara – Lugoj
Lot 1 (9,5 km): Spedition UMB SRL (RO) – Tehnostrade SRL (RO) – Carena SpA Impresa di Costruzioni (IT) - EUR 52 m ~ EUR 5.4m/km
Lot 2 (25,6 km): Tirrena Scavi SpA – Societa Italiana per Condotte d’Acqua SpA – Cossi Costruzioni SpA (all IT) - EUR 110 m ~ EUR 4.4m/km

Lugoj - Deva
Lot 1 (27,4 km): Tirrena Scavi SpA – Societa Italiana per Condotte d’Acqua SpA – Cossi Construzioni SpA (all IT) - EUR 154 m ~ EUR 5.7m/km

Orastie - Sibiu
Lot 1 (24,1 km): Strabag (AU) - EUR 125 m ~ EUR 5.2m/km
Lot 2 (19,7 km): Straco Grup SRL (RO) - Studio Corona SRL Civil Engineering (RO) - EUR 78 m ~ EUR 4m/km
Lot 3 (22,1 km): Impregilo SpA (IT) - EUR 151 m ~ EUR 6.8m/km
Lot 4 (16,1 km): Astaldi (IT) - Euroconstruct (RO) - AstalRom (RO) - EUR 142 m ~ EUR 8.8m/km

If all these are going smoothly in the coming months, Romania will turn into a motorways yard in the coming 2-3 years.
Old May 20th, 2011, 06:28 PM   #2838
ionut
Reaching for the stars

LeClerk, you're, as usual, too optimistic. Timisoara-Lugoj lot 2 was NOT signed today, only the first segment. In total there were 5 out of 9 contracts signed today. But the good news: it seems that this segment is not contested anymore.

Old May 20th, 2011, 06:31 PM   #2839
koynov

Likes (Received): 111

Quote:
UPDATE on contracts signed today on C IV in BLUE. Value of the contracts is EUR 700 million:
Cool I am very happy for you. Romania deserve full highway network
I hope some day we will have motorway which will connect us, Bucurest is city which i want to visit more often
koynov no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2011, 07:32 PM   #2840
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ionut View Post
LeClerk, you're, as usual, too optimistic. Timisoara-Lugoj lot 2 was NOT signed today, only the first segment.
I missed that indeed. Timisoara-Lugoj lot 2 was not signed today.

Tags
highways, infrastructure, motorways, romania