daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 20th, 2011, 10:29 PM   #2841
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Likes (Received): 12044

BTW: you sound more optimistic than me, at least judging by the news you kept posting the last couple of days, news that I summarize from time to time

- the 5 contracts on C IV mentioned above
- the contract for the Arad - Nădlac/Csanádpalota - Mako connection
- A4 opening and the small section of 15 km opening on A2
- Comarnic - Brasov PPP
- completion of Bucharest-Ploiesti motorway
Castles and Mansions in Romania

Last edited by Le Clerk; May 20th, 2011 at 10:35 PM.
Le Clerk no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 22nd, 2011, 03:57 PM   #2842
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19400

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Clerk View Post
According to media reports and contractors themselves, the Bucharest-Ploiesti motorway will be completed this year. It seems that the warning letter caused them to accelerate works and we might see 60 new km of motorway this year. At 90% completion, that is very possible.
According to the most recent Google Earth Imagery dating 29 October 2010, the A3 near Ploiești is almost completely finished, except for the DN1 overpass.

ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2011, 04:01 PM   #2843
ChrisZwolle
Road user

By the way, why is there only 1 interchange on the 55 kilometers between București and Ploiești (only at Snagov)? This seems awfully few, considering the A3 crosses quite a number of DJ-roads. I would add interchanges at Ştefăneştii de Jos, Moara Vlăsiei, Lipia, Gherghiţa and Mălăieşti
Old May 22nd, 2011, 04:13 PM   #2844
ionut
Reaching for the stars

Likes (Received): 39

Chris, check these out, have you seen them?

the bridge over DN1 at Barceanesti (your capture) has the beams in place.
about the interchanges - the project on CNADNR.ro shows 3 interchanges on B-Moara Vlasiei and 2 interchanges on Moara Vlasiei-Ploiesti. But we'll see how many will actually be built.

CNADNR sent an "ultimatum" to the constructor on Moara Vlasiei-Ploiesti to pick up the pace and drop the recent demand for more money. Otherwise, the contract will be cancelled. Recent events show that the constructor will actually drop its request and they picked up the pace... the deadline is May 30th when CNADNR will do a check to see if the constructor does its job. Anyway, we'll see what happens. I sure hope they will finish the segment next spring-summer. (There are rumours they can finish it this year, but I doubt it. I hope I'm wrong.)

As a sign of appreciation and respect for the Romanian moderators and a few Romanian users, I will not edit all my 4100+ messages. I dedicate all the "work" I've done with passion on SSC to these handful of users. I will only continue to read SSC and be available for these users on PM. Thank you.
ionut no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2011, 09:32 PM   #2845
medicu' de garda
Moderator de garda

Likes (Received): 1368

Chris, look carefully at Google Earth (or better yet, watch the movies ), while the motorway is at the final stages for roadway works, requiring just the asphalt layers, not the same can be said about the bridgeworks.

There are 3 main bridges that need to be built, all of them on the Moara Vlasiei - Ploiesti section, if I'm not mistaking. They have barely scratched the surface on any of them, only one seems to be at pile casting stage. Even if the builders work full-steam, there still will be significant delays, because of them postponing such critical structure works. They are relatively small bridges, but still...
Old May 23rd, 2011, 11:35 AM   #2846
panda80

Likes (Received): 333

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
By the way, why is there only 1 interchange on the 55 kilometers between București and Ploiești (only at Snagov)? This seems awfully few, considering the A3 crosses quite a number of DJ-roads. I would add interchanges at Ştefăneştii de Jos, Moara Vlăsiei, Lipia, Gherghiţa and Mălăieşti
There will be an interchange at Moara Vlasiei, but indeed there are very few places where you can enter/exit the motorway. At least an interchange at Gherghita should have been built.
Skilldetector A new HR platform where everything is about your skills!
panda80 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2011, 03:22 PM   #2847
ionut
Reaching for the stars

There will also be a future interchange at Dumbrava where A3 intersects with the future Ploiesti-Buzau-Focsani-Albita motorway (Corridor IX).

As a sign of appreciation and respect for the Romanian moderators and a few Romanian users, I will not edit all my 4100+ messages. I dedicate all the "work" I've done with passion on SSC to these handful of users. I will only continue to read SSC and be available for these users on PM. Thank you.
Old May 24th, 2011, 01:43 PM   #2848
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Nevermind "highways":

Quote:
Minister of Transport Anca Boagiu and Premier Emil Boc signed on Friday five contracts worth a combined 693 million euros for the construction of 98 km of highway, due for completion in 2013.

'The fact that we signed these contracts gives us the certainty that by the end of the year we will reach a 20 pct absorption rate of EU funds; in the coming two weeks we will also sign the other four highway construction contracts along Corridor IV and within short we will launch the EU-funded railway projects too,' said Minister of Transport Anca Boagiu.

The cited official added that the four highway sections for which contracts will be signed in the next two weeks have a total length of 78 km and that, of the 1,019 km of highway of Corridor IV, 845 km worth an aggregate of five billion euros are in various stages of execution or tendering.

The scope of the five contracts signed on Friday is the design and execution of the following highway sections:
- Timisoara-Lugoj lot 1, worth 63.62 million euros VAT included, to be carried out by UMB - Tehnostrade
- Nadlac - Arad plus link road, lot 1, worth 115.80 million euros, with the Romstrade - Monteadriano association as contractor
- Nadlac - Arad plus link road, lot 2, worth 124.45 million euros, a contract to be carried out by Alpine
- Lugoj-Deva, lot 1, a contract worth 205.90 million euros won by Tirrena Scavi
- Orastie - Sibiu, lot 3, a contract worth 182.91 million euros, won by company Impregilo.

All five are design and execution contracts and are worth an aggregate 692.68 million euros, Agerpres informs.

According to Mediafax, the Romanian-Italian consortium Spedition UMB-Tehnostrade-Carena SpA Impresa di Costruzioni will design and build the first segment of the Timisoara-Lugoj highway sector, for EUR63.62 million. The tender which awarded the contract has been challenged by several associations of Romanian and foreign companies: Confort SA Timisoara-Monteadriano, Tehnologica Radion-Gabriel Couto-Amandio Carvalho-Lena-Rosas-Arcadis and Construcciones Y Promociones Balzola-Robert Alcisa-Puentes.

The Romanian-Portuguese consortium Romstrade-Monteadriano Engenharia e Construcao-Donep Construct has been awarded the contract for the first segment of the Nadlac-Arad sector, worth EUR115.8 million. The second segment will be designed and built by German company Alpine Bau, for EUR124.45 million.

The consortium Tirrena Scavi-Societa Italiana per Condotte d'Acqua-Cossi Construzioni has been awarded the contract for the first segment of the Lugoj-Deva sector, worth EUR205.9 million.

Lastly, Italian firm Impregilo will design and build the third segment of the Orastie-Sibiu sector, for EUR182.91 million.

The two segments of the Nadlac-Arad sector and segment 3 of the Orastie-Sibiu sector have not been contested.The auctioned highway sectors have a total length of 98 km and must be built by 2013.

The four packages that have been contested are for 85 km and worth a total EUR562 million.

Segment 2 of the Timisoara-Lugoj highway, awarded to Italian association Tirrena Scavi-Societa Italiana per Condotte d'Acqua-Cossi Construzioni, with a bid of 445.64 million lei (EUR108.45 million), was contested by Confort SA Timisoara-Monteadriano, Tehnologica Radion-Gabriel Couto-Amandio Carvalho-Lena-Rosas-Arcadis and Construcciones Y Promociones Balzola-Robert Alcisa-Puentes.

The first segment of the Orastie-Sibiu highway was awarded to Austrian company Strabag, for RON551.04 million, and contested by Tehnologica Radion-Gabriel Couto-Amandio Carvalho-Lena-Rosas-Arcadis.The second segment, won by Romanian firm Straco Grup and Italian firm Corona Civil Engeneering for RON377.78 million, has been challenged by the association asocierea Max Boegl Romania-Geiger-Tancrad-Primacons.The tender for the fourth segment of the Orastie-Sibiu highway, awarded to the Astaldi-Euroconstruct association, has been challenged by Romanian firm J&P-Avax.
(EUR1=RON4.1091)
Source
Old May 24th, 2011, 01:48 PM   #2849
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

BTW: I just came from a short trip that took me on the current roads on C IV. The number of international trucks is just astonishing. There are virtually more trucks than cars, and trying to overtake a convoy of trucks on 1x1 is just insane.

Most international trucks I saw are Turkish, Bulgarian, Iranian, Moldovan and Polish.
Old May 24th, 2011, 05:12 PM   #2850
tanashubav

Likes (Received): 1977

Quote:
Minister of Transport Anca Boagiu and Premier Emil Boc signed on Friday five contracts worth a combined 693 million euros for the construction of 98 km of highway, due for completion in 2013.
7mln. euro per kiloneter?! Is't this quite expensive?
Anyway, are all the sections part of A1?
It would be nice if some update of the map of existing and u/c section appears in the next two weeks!
tanashubav no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2011, 05:40 PM   #2851
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanashubav View Post
Nope, quite reasonable.
Old May 24th, 2011, 06:32 PM   #2852
ionut
Reaching for the stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
Nope, quite reasonable.
+1

@LeClerk, good news, I hope the other 4 segments won't have further delays. I sure hope we have all these segments in use in late 2013...

Old May 24th, 2011, 08:18 PM   #2853
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanashubav View Post
Anyway, are all the sections part of A1?
It would be nice if some update of the map of existing and u/c section appears in the next two weeks!
Technically it's a good price, considering that most area is hilly/mountain and requires many viaducts and bridges, while the officially sanctioned price for motorway in Romania is of EUR 5 mil/km, in the plain. Up to this tender, the average price was higher I believe, for ex EUR 10 m/km for Transilvania Motorway in a similar geography.
Old May 24th, 2011, 08:28 PM   #2854
ionut
Reaching for the stars

BTW, the 693 mil euros is the price WITH VAT INCLUDED. The state pays VAT for the construction and most of this tax is cashed back in the Treasury (VAT is paid back to the state by the constructor and its subcontractors/service providers etc). Obviously is more complicated than this, but the general idea is correct.

So with these contracts we should consider the price without VAT - that's the true cost of the motorway.

PS: let's not forget the other big->huge costs (expropriations, utilities etc) paid by the state and NOT deducted by the EU.

Old May 24th, 2011, 08:32 PM   #2855
bogdymol
bogdymod

Recent airplane movie from A1 Arad - Timisoara and Arad bypass u/c motorways: http://video.aradon.ro/arad/autostrada-gata-pe-jumatate
My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2011, 08:34 PM   #2856
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ionut View Post
@LeClerk, good news, I hope the other 4 segments won't have further delays. I sure hope we have all these segments in use in late 2013...
Me too. Even if there will be a 1 year delay for some sections, which is something to be obviously considered, it's still good.
Old May 24th, 2011, 08:37 PM   #2857
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ionut View Post
So with these contracts we should consider the price without VAT - that's the true cost of the motorway.
Without VAT, the prices goes down to EUR 5 mil/km, or exactly the price/km in the plain.

PS: expropriations and utilities are not caught under the (construction) price, as they are paid separately by the state.
Old May 24th, 2011, 11:52 PM   #2858
tanashubav

Likes (Received): 1977

And where the money come from? I mean from the national budget or EU funds?
Which are the motorway sections in Romania build by EU financing?
tanashubav no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2011, 12:34 AM   #2859
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

For these last particular tenders, the money come from EU budget and national budget.

The whole C IV is built with EU money except for the Sibiu-Pitesti stretch, for which there is no money left.
Old May 25th, 2011, 12:36 AM   #2860
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

BTW: 2005 traffic census and the importance of Bucharest-Ploiesti 2x3 motorway;

Tags
highways, infrastructure, motorways, romania