daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 28th, 2011, 10:16 AM   #2981
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Likes (Received): 12012

Quote:
Highway connecting Black Sea and Baltic Sea will cross Romania

Date: 28-06-2011

The project for the construction of a highway connecting the Black and Baltic seas will be discussed in October at Cernauti, the director for road and railroad project of the United Nations Economic Commission for Europe, Helmut Meelich announced on Friday.

Meelich is in Suceava county with members of Trans-European Motorways (TEM) of the United Nations Economic Commission for Europe (UNECE) participated in a meeting with authorities from Cernauti, Ukraine and Suceava county at Siret border crosspoint on Friday. The need to build a transport corridor connecting the Black and Baltic Seas through Suceave and Cernauti was pointed out.

According to the project presented by the Romanian and Ukrainian authorities, the highway will be built on route E 85, from Marasti to Siret and then through Cernauti, Ternopil and will be linked to highways Cracow-Lvov-Kiev, which is under construction, thus connecting European corridors III,IV and IX.
Source
Castles and Mansions in Romania
Le Clerk está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 28th, 2011, 12:53 PM   #2982
quaks

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Clerk View Post
Works have started on Nadlac-Arad motorway section (39 km). To be completed mid-2013.

Source by Ionut

great news i hope there is chance that the A1 will be completed rom HU border till sibiu by the end of 2013
quaks no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2011, 12:59 PM   #2983
ionut
Reaching for the stars

Likes (Received): 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by quaks View Post

great news i hope there is chance that the A1 will be completed rom HU border till sibiu by the end of 2013
Well, not really... Nadlac-Sibiu will be ready probably in 2015 because Lugoj-Deva (the rest of the segments) will be tendered next year or even in 2013.

As a sign of appreciation and respect for the Romanian moderators and a few Romanian users, I will not edit all my 4100+ messages. I dedicate all the "work" I've done with passion on SSC to these handful of users. I will only continue to read SSC and be available for these users on PM. Thank you.
ionut no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2011, 01:18 PM   #2984
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

They cannot tender those later than mid-next year for EU funds spending reasons. I would though think those small sections left (about 50 km?) will be tendered this year as well.
Old June 28th, 2011, 08:27 PM   #2985
ionut
Reaching for the stars

Well, I have two good news. Very good news, I hope.
Latest updates from A4 Constanta bypass.

1. I have CONFIRMATION from the secret source (who works for the contractor) that they are TRYING REALLY HARD TO FINISH ONE WAY/HALF PROFILE (between A2 and Agigea) UNTIL LATE JULY, AUGUST the latest. And yeah, 2011. It seems that Boagiu didn't lie, much to my surprise. We'll see what happens.

2. I have around 40 pics, FRESH PICS from June 24, taken last Friday! Here they are, in 4 parts. Don't know the location for the pics, but you'll enjoy them anyway.

Part 1:

Part 2 coming right up.

As a sign of appreciation and respect for the Romanian moderators and a few Romanian users, I will not edit all my 4100+ messages. I dedicate all the "work" I've done with passion on SSC to these handful of users. I will only continue to read SSC and be available for these users on PM. Thank you.
Old June 28th, 2011, 08:31 PM   #2986
ionut
Reaching for the stars

Part 2:

Part 3 coming right up.

Old June 28th, 2011, 08:37 PM   #2987
ionut
Reaching for the stars

Part 3:

Part 4 coming right up.

Old June 28th, 2011, 08:41 PM   #2988
ionut
Reaching for the stars

Part 4 (and last).

That's it, if you enjoyed it say "Thank you" to the secret source to get some more in the future.

Old June 28th, 2011, 09:15 PM   #2989
bogdymol
bogdymod

Thank you Mr. secret source
My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2011, 09:19 PM   #2990
cornel001
Balamuc

Likes (Received): 133

Quote:
Originally Posted by ionut View Post
from June 24, taken last Friday!
Now we're talking !
PS Thank you both!
Old June 28th, 2011, 10:39 PM   #2991
nenea_hartia
Skeptic

Likes (Received): 233

Quote:
Works have started on Nadlac-Arad motorway section (39 km). To be completed mid-2013.

Source by Ionut
NOTHING has started yet. Only the order to start the works (design and build) has been given. We won't see any works there sooner than at least 4 months.

And about the illusory "Highway connecting Black Sea and Baltic Sea", when will you announce a motorway connecting Islamabad and Reykjavík?

Thank you ionut & alecu26 for the pics.
nenea_hartia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2011, 07:41 AM   #2992
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Oh, c'mon! Don't be hypocritical. It's an article reporting a bilateral decision, not me saying that.
And about the order, I think we may see works there sooner than that, as they probably have the design and expropriations ready for some sections. In fact, AFAIK expropriations are done for most of the length of this motorway section.
Old June 29th, 2011, 07:43 AM   #2993
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ionut View Post
Well, I have two good news. Very good news, I hope.
Latest updates from A4 Constanta bypass.

1. I have CONFIRMATION from the secret source (who works for the contractor) that they are TRYING REALLY HARD TO FINISH ONE WAY/HALF PROFILE (between A2 and Agigea) UNTIL LATE JULY, AUGUST the latest.
Of course! That's what I was so optimistic about it.
Old June 29th, 2011, 07:53 AM   #2994
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Another news coming yesterday: according to the Ministry of Transportation, Bucharest-Ploiesti section (55 km) of A3 will be completed by end this year. Source

Here is a nice drawing of A3, with the completed and U/C sections:

And this is the connection with Bucharest's ring. I think it's provisional as there is currently an overpass U/C right there:

Old June 29th, 2011, 08:28 AM   #2995
ionut
Reaching for the stars

The picture with the whole A3 is copyrighted Wikipedia. It's not LeClerk's fault, it's just crappy journalists from hotnews aka "hoţnews" ("hoţ" = "thief" in Romanian).

Old June 29th, 2011, 09:22 AM   #2996
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Stop it already Ionut! You are constantly wining about imaginary things like an old lady. Hotnews does in fact refer to Wikipedia when posting the picture. It is me who forgot to source it!

Last edited by Le Clerk; June 29th, 2011 at 09:42 AM.
Old June 29th, 2011, 10:08 AM   #2997
ionut
Reaching for the stars

Quote:
Stop it already Ionut! You are constantly wining about imaginary things like an old lady. Hotnews does in fact refer to Wikipedia when posting the picture. It is me who forgot to source it!
Man do you need to take a pill?

Old June 29th, 2011, 10:15 AM   #2998
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Me?
Old June 29th, 2011, 10:22 AM   #2999
ionut
Reaching for the stars

Quote:
Me?
Ah, yeah.
Did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed or smtg?!

Old June 29th, 2011, 10:49 AM   #3000
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

How about admitting you were wining for nothing?

K. Let's get back to motorways.

Tags
highways, infrastructure, motorways, romania