daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 29th, 2011, 11:15 AM   #3001
ionut
Reaching for the stars

Likes (Received): 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Clerk View Post
How about admitting you were wining for nothing?

K. Let's get back to motorways.
I was NOT whining, are you high or smtg?! I had the impression hotnews didn't quote the source for the map. And as it turns out I was actually covering for your a**, don't know why you went all on me.

You don't have to get all with me.

As a sign of appreciation and respect for the Romanian moderators and a few Romanian users, I will not edit all my 4100+ messages. I dedicate all the "work" I've done with passion on SSC to these handful of users. I will only continue to read SSC and be available for these users on PM. Thank you.
ionut no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 29th, 2011, 11:29 AM   #3002
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Likes (Received): 12043

Covering my ass? What for?
Castles and Mansions in Romania
Le Clerk está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2011, 11:51 AM   #3003
ionut
Reaching for the stars

Quote:
Covering my ass? What for?
Clean up your inbox, give me a PM and you'll find out.

As a sign of appreciation and respect for the Romanian moderators and a few Romanian users, I will not edit all my 4100+ messages. I dedicate all the "work" I've done with passion on SSC to these handful of users. I will only continue to read SSC and be available for these users on PM. Thank you.
Old June 29th, 2011, 03:06 PM   #3004
madad

Likes (Received): 1

Does anyone know which will be the numbers of the motorways below?

* in blue color, Targu Mures-Iasi-Ungheni = A?
* in yellow color, Lugoj-Drobeta Turnu Severin-Craiova = A?

Last edited by madad; June 29th, 2011 at 03:50 PM.
madad no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2011, 07:06 PM   #3005
Ayceman

Likes (Received): 7

We have no clue. The numbers haven't been decided on because they're not likely to start anytime soon.
Ayceman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2011, 07:11 PM   #3006
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by madad View Post
Does anyone know which will be the numbers of the motorways below?

* in blue color, Targu Mures-Iasi-Ungheni = A?
* in yellow color, Lugoj-Drobeta Turnu Severin-Craiova = A?
Most probably:

A6 or 7 depending on which will be the first to be U/C.

Because A5 will be Ploiesti-Albita. It is the most advanced currently having the feasibility study completed.
Old June 29th, 2011, 08:21 PM   #3007
mcarling

Likes (Received): 491

Are there any (tentative) plans to eventually extend the motorway depicted in yellow to Bucharest? Maybe through Seaca?
mcarling no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2011, 01:35 AM   #3008
danielstan

Location: Pitesti, RO // Helsinki Final Act 1975, Point 3) Inviolability of frontiers
Likes (Received): 407

Tentative plans, yes.
We have talented ministers of Transport which draw highways on paper, but have no budget to actually build them.
I heard once from ex-minister Berceanu of a highway Craiova - Alexandria - Bucharest.
But probaly is last on the list of priorities...
danielstan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2011, 08:51 PM   #3009
Radu CORNESCU
A R H I T E C T

Likes (Received): 9345

Uite ca le pun si aici...

Today near DEDEMAN (adica unde se termina soseaua de centura a Constantei - intre Lazu si Agigea):

Radu CORNESCU no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2011, 08:52 PM   #3010
Radu CORNESCU
A R H I T E C T

Old June 30th, 2011, 08:53 PM   #3011
Radu CORNESCU
A R H I T E C T

Old June 30th, 2011, 08:56 PM   #3012
ionut
Reaching for the stars

Thanks Radu!

Old June 30th, 2011, 10:11 PM   #3013
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

We need to say it in English as well: those are pics from Constanta's S motorway section, which is supposed to open in the coming months, if I understood well.
Old July 1st, 2011, 12:59 AM   #3014
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Some interesting Bucharest ring plans:

Sursa

Dotted sections are currently planned for construction.
Old July 1st, 2011, 06:37 AM   #3015
neaguionutu

Likes (Received): 105

What hurts us stronger

Romanians have never had an infrastructure that can get out there and to be proud. This could be the explanation for the topics on infrastructure are so popular.

I became more interested in infrastructure than the articles that talk about things, facts and figures that we could achieve a more direct way.

I'm not saying that the infrastructure belongs to external reality in which we live, something that concerns us. But before a topic of interest on the loan or one interest on deposits do not have the same sensitivity that we manifest when we go through to a subject we have highways. Or, rather, that we have not.

The problem is compounded when you can afford to raise your eyes and look to see what is next to him. It is a double sensitivity. The feeling is that he had when you were in grade II and calligraphy were taking note 7, when more than half the class get 10. It was frustrating. Enough of the sheet home and ask your mother "as Ionel took?". The moment of truth was terrible, but had to admit it: Ionel had 10.

What hurts most? I took 7 or that Ionel was 10? What matters to me? That Hungarians have 1273 kilometers of highway, or that we only have 313 km?

We are talking here about the attitude of the novel and will allow me a generalization that I hope will not be the only one who considered fundamental. We used to throw mud and major envy instead to relate constructively to the power of example.

Between making an effort to calligraphy to take the next test in October and try to do all types of Ionel only because it took 10, preferably most or the second version, which certainly , we avatanjează.

There is also a third option: we pour ashes on the head alone, the most destructive way possible. Which, again, is not to our advantage.

It is true that failure that I had all these years on the highway is ours as a people. But the criticism that we must do it to be constructive. Similarly, we must see with good eyes the realization Hungarians. It is a merit you have.

I will conclude with good news: today we have November 2 metro stations, which toil more or less 20 years. I will add that the French are working on a project for Paris by bus colossal size. What hurts most?

Sursa
neaguionutu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2011, 06:44 AM   #3016
ionut
Reaching for the stars

@neaguionutu, man please DO NOT post "artistic" articles about infrastructure here on SSC, especially on this thread. Anybody can write these.

Old July 1st, 2011, 07:20 AM   #3017
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Romance writing sells elsewhere. I didn't even bother to read it all. It feels like the every-day artistically poor informed articles on motorways in Romania. Journalists are even poorer at that than authorities.

Edit: I've seen the end and it's incorrect. Nuff said:

Quote:
I will conclude with good news: today we have November 2 metro stations, which toil more or less 20 years.
Bullshit! 1 year! Even though the tunnels were dug back in communism, the rails, stations outfit etc were built i less than 1 year.

Not to mention that Romania is indeed this year and will be even more in the coming year one of the biggest motorways yard i Europe.

Last edited by Le Clerk; July 1st, 2011 at 07:35 AM.
Old July 1st, 2011, 08:22 AM   #3018
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Speaking of this, I amended this drawing for another thread, so I'll post it here as well:

Yellow: U/C
Red: tendered
Blue: planned

With the following corrections:

Yellow: add Deva-Orastie
Green: add Sibiu by-pass (22 km)
Red: Take out a section from Lugoj-Deva (which was not tendered yet)
Blue: add A7 which was put out for tender for feasibility studies a few days ago, A8 which is now proposed as a new TEN-T corridor to Commission together with Ukraine, extension of A4 (approved for financing by the Commission) and Timisoara-Serbian border, part of CXI supported by Romania and Italy as another TEN-T project, with Serbia and Montenegro part of it too.

Source

All the yellow sections but the A3 section (in total about 112 km) are said to be opened by the end of this year.

So, to conclude, the main projects by 2014 are:
- complete CIV (with roughly 70-85% Commission financing), less the mountain section which is being prepared for a PPP this year
- complete some important sections of A3 (about 55 km this year, and probably another 100 km by 2014).

This means Romania should have about 850-900 km of motorway by end 2014, which is quite feasible to reach. If other projects will be launched, which is probable, such as Ploiesti-Albita section of C IX (A5), which is prepared for tenders, and some other sections of A3, the number of km by 2014 will be bigger.

So, I wait for whining, critics etc.
Old July 1st, 2011, 08:28 AM   #3019
ionut
Reaching for the stars

Quote:
So, I wait for whining, critics etc.
"Almost" yellow: Nadlac-Arad, they have given the order to start works (around June 20th). Probably the rest will follow soon, the recently tendered segments (9) that is. The only problem is Colas, that segment is turning out to be a real drama.

Oh, get rid of A8 and I'll be happy.

Old July 1st, 2011, 09:29 AM   #3020
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Thank you for the corrections.

I also remembered about the Cernavoda-Medgidia section after completing it. So, yes, it's not U/C yet, though some parts were U/C at some point in time.

A8 is my number creation. Nobody knows what number that motorway will be.

Tags
highways, infrastructure, motorways, romania