daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old August 13th, 2011, 01:26 PM   #3341
nenea_hartia
Skeptic
 
nenea_hartia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Romania
Posts: 3,714
Likes (Received): 233

^ English, please!
nenea_hartia no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 13th, 2011, 02:43 PM   #3342
Prahova
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 386
Likes (Received): 9

Sinaia-Padina road
image hosted on flickr
Prahova no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2011, 05:24 PM   #3343
earth intruder
Dubaj mnie nie kręci
 
earth intruder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: London
Posts: 4,237
Likes (Received): 305

wonderful!
earth intruder no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2011, 08:48 PM   #3344
nenea_hartia
Skeptic
 
nenea_hartia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Romania
Posts: 3,714
Likes (Received): 233

^ Beautiful pic, Prahova!

=========


A1 motorway, Arad bypass, bridge over river Mureş:






nenea_hartia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2011, 09:45 PM   #3345
TH_DK
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Aarhus
Posts: 214
Likes (Received): 229

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Clerk View Post
Acc to news today, the Romanian Government is negotiating in China a contract for Sibiu-Pitesti motorway (EUR 3 billion contract).

I read somewhere that Boc, your primeminister, signed a PPP with the chinese for an outer ring around Bucharest. Does anyone know if that is A0 motorway ring? Could be cool so that you can go straight from Otopeni airport on a motorway bypass when You go either to Constanta or Pitesti.

I am arriving in Otopeni on thursday and looking forward to yet another beautiful holiday in your wonderful country. It would be nice, if We could borrow your beautiful summer up here in the cold and rainy Denmark.
TH_DK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2011, 10:21 PM   #3346
nenea_hartia
Skeptic
 
nenea_hartia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Romania
Posts: 3,714
Likes (Received): 233

Quote:
Originally Posted by TH_DK View Post
I read somewhere that Boc, your primeminister, signed a PPP with the chinese for an outer ring around Bucharest. Does anyone know if that is A0 motorway ring? Could be cool so that you can go straight from Otopeni airport on a motorway bypass when You go either to Constanta or Pitesti.
Not only cool, but it would be normal for an EU country. Unfortunately there is a long way till there. No PPP was signed, only talks. In any case, I can't see how could Romania buy the necessary land for the very needed ring road, especially for its northern part, where the land is extremely expensive.
Me, I'm not a fan of our Prime Minister's illusory PPPs with Chinese companies. The only large Chinese project in Central and Eastern Europe was a complete failure (a motorway in Poland).
I will always prefer a project involving European companies, European surveillance and why not? partially EU funded. We could start with a few kilometres in the north and then advance if the EU/RO funding is available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TH_DK View Post
I am arriving in Otopeni on thursday and looking forward to yet another beautiful holiday in your wonderful country.
Welcome in advance! "Another" holiday? Where have you been in your previous one?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TH_DK View Post
It would be nice, if We could borrow your beautiful summer up here in the cold and rainy Denmark.
Can we change places ?
I was two years ago in Denmark (Aabenraa & København) and I declare it my eternal love. [IMG]http://i51.************/33dfloh.jpg[/IMG]
nenea_hartia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2011, 10:51 PM   #3347
TH_DK
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Aarhus
Posts: 214
Likes (Received): 229

I really think A0 is highly needed, the traffic in Bucharest is terrible, and I think A0 would boost your capitals economy even more and make it much more attractive for FDI (Foreign Direct Investments) and thus make your country catch up faster to the richer western Europe. You should really, as a country, invest heavily in motorways and railways in the coming years, which also seems to be finally happening with all the new motorway projects and motorway openings recently.
How come that You cant get funding for EU to compelte the whole A1 and A2 from Nadlac to Constanta (Sibiu-Pitesti and A0) when it is part of a European Corridor? I have seen EU fund big highway projects in Greece through mountains with crazy amounts of tunnels.
I am going to Romania since my girlfriend is romanian. We met at the university in DK, where we both studied economy. So every year we go to Romania on holiday. I have seen the mountains, Craiova and Bucharest. And this year we go to see the Brann Castle (Dracula ) and visit the mountains north of Bucharest, which should be very pretty. So I cant wait until thursday, when Im arriving in Otopeni.
I am not sure, I want to change place with You. I love it as well here in DK, but I also think Romania is a very pretty country, but of course You have a lot of issues with your economy and wealth that we dont have here in DK, since You were not developing for 40 years under the communists. But good you are in EU now, and You can get help to develop infrastructure and your society. A reason why Im very pro-EU!!!

Last edited by TH_DK; August 13th, 2011 at 11:02 PM.
TH_DK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2011, 09:26 AM   #3348
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED
 
Le Clerk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 35,473
Likes (Received): 12012

Quote:
Originally Posted by nenea_hartia View Post
Not only cool, but it would be normal for an EU country. Unfortunately there is a long way till there. No PPP was signed, only talks.
When our PM met Hu Jin Tao, they agreed at political level on several infrastructure projects, among which is A0, bridge over Danube at Braila, nuke plant, M7 in Bucharest and Doicesti power plant. That's the list I remember though I must have lost some items. The agreement with Hu Jin Tao cannot be but political, but it is the most important. How could you say they could've signed a PPP there. You know the PPP procedure, don't you?!

Quote:
In any case, I can't see how could Romania buy the necessary land for the very needed ring road, especially for its northern part, where the land is extremely expensive.
The land price has collapsed since the crisis. Moreover, a significant part of A3 is going though the same areas north of Bucharest and the Romanian Government had the money for expropriations, and in a time when land was more expensive than today.

Quote:
Me, I'm not a fan of our Prime Minister's illusory PPPs with Chinese companies. The only large Chinese project in Central and Eastern Europe was a complete failure (a motorway in Poland).
I don't think you can pick the only that example and make it a standard cooperation model.

Quote:
I will always prefer a project involving European companies, European surveillance and why not? partially EU funded. We could start with a few kilometres in the north and then advance if the EU/RO funding is available.
The money from EU is so scarce that we definitely need other funding to progress faster with motorway construction. I am not that adverse as you are to Chinese led projects.
__________________
Rebuilding Bucharest's History: Lipscani Area |Victoriei Ave. | Elisabeta Bld.
Yes, it's Dracula's Castle
Best picture collection of UNESCO sites in Romania
Castles and Mansions in Romania

Last edited by Le Clerk; August 14th, 2011 at 09:53 AM.
Le Clerk está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2011, 09:29 AM   #3349
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED
 
Le Clerk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 35,473
Likes (Received): 12012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TH_DK View Post
I read somewhere that Boc, your primeminister, signed a PPP with the chinese for an outer ring around Bucharest. Does anyone know if that is A0 motorway ring? Could be cool so that you can go straight from Otopeni airport on a motorway bypass when You go either to Constanta or Pitesti.
A high level political decision was made in China about a list of Romanian PPPs of about EUR 5-6 billion, among which is A0. Legallly, no PPP could've been signed yet, but I think the most important element is the political "go" given by Hu Jin Tao.

Quote:
I am arriving in Otopeni on thursday and looking forward to yet another beautiful holiday in your wonderful country. It would be nice, if We could borrow your beautiful summer up here in the cold and rainy Denmark.
Welcome and I hope you'll feel good. I know a long list of Dutch neighbors of yours who moved for good in Romania, some also after marriage. ))
__________________
Rebuilding Bucharest's History: Lipscani Area |Victoriei Ave. | Elisabeta Bld.
Yes, it's Dracula's Castle
Best picture collection of UNESCO sites in Romania
Castles and Mansions in Romania
Le Clerk está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2011, 09:48 AM   #3350
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED
 
Le Clerk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 35,473
Likes (Received): 12012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TH_DK View Post
I really think A0 is highly needed, the traffic in Bucharest is terrible,
There is a project for the expansion of the current Bucharest ring to an express road, and they completed already 20 km of the north belt. The difference is indeed enormous because there are no more traffic jams on that section of 2x2 and the average speed, at least from my experience, is of 100 km /h or more.

Quote:
and I think A0 would boost your capitals economy even more and make it much more attractive for FDI (Foreign Direct Investments) and thus make your country catch up faster to the richer western Europe.
I agree.

Quote:
You should really, as a country, invest heavily in motorways and railways in the coming years, which also seems to be finally happening with all the new motorway projects and motorway openings recently.
Indeed. Since the new minister took office, she really did more than most of her predecessors in terms of motorways. Some railways projects are also U/C, and Bucharest-Constanta section of C IV was opened a month ago after complete rebuilt of the 2x1 electrified line.


Quote:
How come that You cant get funding for EU to compelte the whole A1 and A2 from Nadlac to Constanta (Sibiu-Pitesti and A0) when it is part of a European Corridor? I have seen EU fund big highway projects in Greece through mountains with crazy amounts of tunnels.
The EU allocation for Romania in terms of motorways is small compared to Romania's needs. I think it's about EUR 2 billion, when Sibiu-Pitesti alone costs EUR 3 billion. At this moment, most of the EU budget allocation for Romanian infrastructure projects has been locked in motorway projects on A1 and A2, and we will have an expenditure rate of more than 90% IMO. That is why I said that we need other sources of financing and Chinese should not be out-ruled in principle for any project.

As for Sibiu-Pitesti and other mountain crossings (such as Ploiesti-Brasov), there will be tenders for them this fall. There are some money left from savings on low prices on sections tendered on A1 and A2 of about EUR 600 million (plus some additional aid from EU by lowering Romania's co-contribution rate from 15% to 5%, as well as money allocated to infrastructure from privatizations) and they will be used for building parts of Sibiu-Pitesti, while other sections will be tendered for PPP.

Quote:
I am going to Romania since my girlfriend is romanian. We met at the university in DK, where we both studied economy. So every year we go to Romania on holiday. I have seen the mountains, Craiova and Bucharest. And this year we go to see the Brann Castle (Dracula ) and visit the mountains north of Bucharest, which should be very pretty. So I cant wait until thursday, when Im arriving in Otopeni.
I am very glad for you. I see you are happy in your relationship.

Please, let us know how is the new Schengen arrivals terminal at Otopeni.

Quote:
I am not sure, I want to change place with You. I love it as well here in DK, but I also think Romania is a very pretty country, but of course You have a lot of issues with your economy and wealth that we dont have here in DK, since You were not developing for 40 years under the communists. But good you are in EU now, and You can get help to develop infrastructure and your society. A reason why Im very pro-EU!!!
Thanks a lot for the kind and encouraging words!
__________________
Rebuilding Bucharest's History: Lipscani Area |Victoriei Ave. | Elisabeta Bld.
Yes, it's Dracula's Castle
Best picture collection of UNESCO sites in Romania
Castles and Mansions in Romania
Le Clerk está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2011, 09:58 AM   #3351
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED
 
Le Clerk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 35,473
Likes (Received): 12012

BTW:

Quote:
China 's President Hu Jintao encourages Chinese enterprises to invest in Romania
Friday, 12 August 2011 14:48

China is willing to promote the economic cooperation with Romania, the People's Republic of China President Hu Jintao told Romanian Prime Minister Emil Boc.

'China's Government encourages performing Chinese enterprises to invest on the Romanian market. We are willing to promote the pragmatic collaboration between the two states from the economic and cooperation projects point of view,' China's President said.

Romania's delegation and the Chinese officials discussed the opportuneness of some possible Chinese investments in the construction of reactors 3 and 4 of the Power Plant of Cernavoda, Bucharest ring road, the hydro-power plant at Lapustesti, as well as the Danube-Bucharest and Siret-Baragan canals, Romanian Premier Emil Boc gave details after the meeting.

'The meeting with China's President was meant to give a very powerful signal from the political and economic point of view that the two countries are ready to implement some major investment projects in Romania. I am referring to projects concerning the involvement in the construction of reactors 3 and 4 of Cernavoda, the construction of Bucharest's ring motorway, or the Danube-Bucharest and Siret-Baragan canals, and the construction of the hydro-power plant at Lapusesti,' Boc explained.

At the same time, the talks focused on the ways to ease the access of the Romanian businessmen into the Chinese market.

'I thank you for bringing me the letter sent by President Traian Basescu and I praise a lot the fact that President Basescu gives such a close attention to the relations with China,' Hu Jintao told Prime Minister Boc.
AGERPRES

ZTE, the largest Chinese IT&C producer already announced the opening of a center in Bucharest after a meeting with our PM and plans its largest IT&C plant in Romania.
__________________
Rebuilding Bucharest's History: Lipscani Area |Victoriei Ave. | Elisabeta Bld.
Yes, it's Dracula's Castle
Best picture collection of UNESCO sites in Romania
Castles and Mansions in Romania
Le Clerk está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2011, 10:02 AM   #3352
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED
 
Le Clerk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 35,473
Likes (Received): 12012

This is telling about how much a rebuilt road matters in terms of tourism:

Quote:
Transalpina, crossed by more cars than Transfagarasan


Transalpina, the highest altitude road in Romania, crossing the Parang Mountains from north to south, outranked Transfagarasan in what regards the number of cars crossing it, Agerpres reports.

“A report by the (Targu Jiu) National Roads officials shows that on a working day, in four hours, a total of 1,600 cars went from Novaci to Transalpina, a higher number than in previous periods. Moreover, thousands of cars cross Transalpina every day, which shows that it outranked Transfagarasan, and we’re happy about this,” deputy prefect Marcel Romanescu said on Friday.

The deputy prefect said the road, which reaches a maximum altitude of 2,145 meters in the Urdele Pass, is not for trucks or large vehicles, being destined for light traffic in order to help develop tourism in the area.

His comments came as the authorities have to make a decision on the request of a private investor which plans to set up a quarry in the area, which would mean that Transalpina would be crossed by trucks as well. A decision is to be made on August 23, Romanescu said.
Source
__________________
Rebuilding Bucharest's History: Lipscani Area |Victoriei Ave. | Elisabeta Bld.
Yes, it's Dracula's Castle
Best picture collection of UNESCO sites in Romania
Castles and Mansions in Romania
Le Clerk está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2011, 10:38 AM   #3353
bogdymol
bogdymod
 
bogdymol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 11,179

alecu26 made a little video from A3 Bucharest - Ploiesti u/c motorway and I have uploaded it on youtube:

__________________
Lived, Been, Drove in: A B BG BiH CH CZ D DK E F FIN FL GBZ GR H HR I IRL L M MNE P PL RO RSM S SK SLO SRB UK V
+ Australia, Hong Kong, Macau, Malaysia, New Zealand, Singapore, United Arab Emirates & United States of America
my clinched highways
My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2011, 10:40 AM   #3354
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED
 
Le Clerk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 35,473
Likes (Received): 12012

Cool!

How many km of A3 have you filmed?
__________________
Rebuilding Bucharest's History: Lipscani Area |Victoriei Ave. | Elisabeta Bld.
Yes, it's Dracula's Castle
Best picture collection of UNESCO sites in Romania
Castles and Mansions in Romania
Le Clerk está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2011, 10:53 AM   #3355
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED
 
Le Clerk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 35,473
Likes (Received): 12012

Works on recently contracted Deva-Orastie motorway:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian! View Post
Dealul dintre satele Chimindia si Banpotoc ! Fotografii realizate in data de 13.08.2011















Dealul Uroilui vazut dinspre chimindia inspre Uroi!

Dinspre satul Chimindia inspre satul Harau

Stropeau cu apa apoi batatoreau pamantul !

Pe mijlocul autostrazii! 
__________________
Rebuilding Bucharest's History: Lipscani Area |Victoriei Ave. | Elisabeta Bld.
Yes, it's Dracula's Castle
Best picture collection of UNESCO sites in Romania
Castles and Mansions in Romania
Le Clerk está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2011, 11:22 AM   #3356
nenea_hartia
Skeptic
 
nenea_hartia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Romania
Posts: 3,714
Likes (Received): 233

@ Le Clerk:
1) TH_DK is Danish, not Dutch.
2) My opinion 'bout the Chinese & our PM stands.
3) You could've written all of those in one post. You know how to use Edit function, don't you?
nenea_hartia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2011, 11:27 AM   #3357
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED
 
Le Clerk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 35,473
Likes (Received): 12012

Quote:
Originally Posted by nenea_hartia View Post
@ Le Clerk:
1) TH_DK is Danish, not Dutch.
I know. Read again my post about the Dutch.

Quote:
2) My opinion 'bout the Chinese & our PM stands.
Mine too. That is, I am not getting prejudiced by the Polish example.

Quote:
3) You could've written all of those in one post. You know how to use Edit function, don't you?
True, but wanted to answer post by post.
__________________
Rebuilding Bucharest's History: Lipscani Area |Victoriei Ave. | Elisabeta Bld.
Yes, it's Dracula's Castle
Best picture collection of UNESCO sites in Romania
Castles and Mansions in Romania
Le Clerk está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2011, 11:54 AM   #3358
ChrisZwolle
Road user
 
ChrisZwolle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Zwolle
Posts: 43,572
Likes (Received): 19363

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Clerk View Post
There is a project for the expansion of the current Bucharest ring to an express road, and they completed already 20 km of the north belt.
It's just a 4-lane road. No "express" standards other than a barrier in the median. It has a lot of driveway access. The "interchanges" are just right-in, right-out exits.
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2011, 12:04 PM   #3359
nenea_hartia
Skeptic
 
nenea_hartia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Romania
Posts: 3,714
Likes (Received): 233

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
It's just a 4-lane road. No "express" standards other than a barrier in the median. It has a lot of driveway access. The "interchanges" are just right-in, right-out exits.
I hoped someone will made this obvious correction. I just don't wanted to be me. And let's not forget about the pedestrian crossings.

I don't want to be misunderstood: it's indeed better than before. But that's it.
nenea_hartia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2011, 12:09 PM   #3360
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED
 
Le Clerk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 35,473
Likes (Received): 12012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
It's just a 4-lane road. No "express" standards other than a barrier in the median. It has a lot of driveway access. The "interchanges" are just right-in, right-out exits.
Yes, it's not a by-the-book express (neither was it meant an express), but it's not a simple 2x2 either. There are sections with hard-shoulders, and most interchanges are grade-separated.


Quote:
Originally Posted by nenea_hartia View Post
I hoped someone will made this obvious correction. I just don't wanted to be me. And let's not forget about the pedestrian crossings.
It's just 1 (one) crossing on 20 km.
__________________
Rebuilding Bucharest's History: Lipscani Area |Victoriei Ave. | Elisabeta Bld.
Yes, it's Dracula's Castle
Best picture collection of UNESCO sites in Romania
Castles and Mansions in Romania
Le Clerk está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
highways, infrastructure, motorways, romania

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 12:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

tech management by Sysprosium