daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 15th, 2011, 12:20 PM   #3381
ionut
Reaching for the stars

Likes (Received): 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwn View Post
did they start already the works on Sibiu- Orastie? I red that should be be started only in late september..
The last pictures LeClerk re-posted are NOT from Orastie-Sibiu, they are from Deva-Orastie.

As a sign of appreciation and respect for the Romanian moderators and a few Romanian users, I will not edit all my 4100+ messages. I dedicate all the "work" I've done with passion on SSC to these handful of users. I will only continue to read SSC and be available for these users on PM. Thank you.
ionut no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 15th, 2011, 01:14 PM   #3382
quaks

Likes (Received): 0

orastie sibiu is not under construction yet, there are rumors that the sebes bypass section will be started by the end of the month
quaks no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2011, 01:24 PM   #3383
medicu' de garda
Moderator de garda

Likes (Received): 1368

Le Clerk, don't take this personally, I usually enjoy your posts (except for the overly-optimistic ones), but you're seriously dissinforming people. You should pay more attention to what you're writting, as this is an international topic...

First of all, those pictures of the motorway contruction works are from Deva-Orastie, NOT Orastie-Sibiu, where works haven even broken ground yet. They're still in designing phase.

Second, Sos Odaii is the URBAN SECTION of the Bucharest Ring. That's why there are so many pedestrian crossings (at least 5 of them), there is also a bus line (line 304) serving the area, with bus-stops on the first lane, near the respective crossings. As far as I know there used to be a 70 km/h speed limit on the road, because of it being inside the city-limits. I never did see that speed-limit implemented after the widening, which boggles me, as the 30 km/h limit for the pedestrian crossings applies only to city roads .

And the third and last point I wanted to make, as far as I remember the 2x3 Bucuresti-Ploiesti motorway was something the goverment added AFTER the two contracts were awarded. So they realised their mistake too late for them to change anything . Somehow they did manage to legally modify the contract for the Bucuresti-Moara Vlasiei section, but sadly, not for the other section, as it would have increased the value of that contract by over 50%, which is illegal. IMO this will be done after they start construction of the future Moldova Motorway, who knows when. All the works being done under traffic, of course ...
Old August 15th, 2011, 01:49 PM   #3384
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Likes (Received): 12044

Quote:
Originally Posted by medicu' de garda View Post
Le Clerk, don't take this personally, I usually enjoy your posts (except for the overly-optimistic ones), but you're seriously dissinforming people. You should pay more attention to what you're writting, as this is an international topic...

First of all, those pictures of the motorway contruction works are from Deva-Orastie, NOT Orastie-Sibiu, where works haven even broken ground yet. They're still in designing phase.
The pictures are from Geoagiu, which is on the Orastie-Sibiu section of motorway, or isn't it? Maybe I am wrong, but I thought Geoagiu was on the section from Orastie to Sibiu.

Quote:
Second, Sos Odaii is the URBAN SECTION of the Bucharest Ring. That's why there are so many pedestrian crossings (at least 5 of them), there is also a bus line (line 304) serving the area, with bus-stops on the first lane, near the respective crossings. As far as I know there used to be a 70 km/h speed limit on the road, because of it being inside the city-limits. I never did see that speed-limit implemented after the widening, which boggles me, as the 30 km/h limit for the pedestrian crossings applies only to city roads
I frankly drove on that section yesterday and don't remember crossings. More, I never saw one person walking or crossing that section of Ring.

Quote:
And the third and last point I wanted to make, as far as I remember the 2x3 Bucuresti-Ploiesti motorway was something the goverment added AFTER the two contracts were awarded. So they realised their mistake too late for them to change anything . Somehow they did manage to legally modify the contract for the Bucuresti-Moara Vlasiei section, but sadly, not for the other section, as it would have increased the value of that contract by over 50%, which is illegal. IMO this will be done after they start construction of the future Moldova Motorway, who knows when. All the works being done under traffic, of course ...
I thought the initial feasibility study showed the need for a 2x2 motorway. So, it's not a Government decision, but a FS indication. I do not know whether they took at that time into account A5 to Focsani or the accelerated growth of traffic in Romania over a certain time span.
Castles and Mansions in Romania

Last edited by Le Clerk; August 15th, 2011 at 02:01 PM.
Le Clerk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2011, 02:56 PM   #3385
ionut
Reaching for the stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Clerk View Post
The pictures are from Geoagiu, which is on the Orastie-Sibiu section of motorway, or isn't it? Maybe I am wrong, but I thought Geoagiu was on the section from Orastie to Sibiu.
Geoagiu/Gelmar is the end of the Deva-Orastie segment. The Orastie interchange will be built there.

As a sign of appreciation and respect for the Romanian moderators and a few Romanian users, I will not edit all my 4100+ messages. I dedicate all the "work" I've done with passion on SSC to these handful of users. I will only continue to read SSC and be available for these users on PM. Thank you.
Old August 15th, 2011, 06:06 PM   #3386
ke

Likes (Received): 13

Does anyone around have a detailed map of the future Sibiu-Nadlac motorway that includes exits ?
ke no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2011, 11:00 PM   #3387
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ionut View Post
Geoagiu/Gelmar is the end of the Deva-Orastie segment. The Orastie interchange will be built there.
OK. I trust your word on that. I knew otherwise. Is there a map with that section of Deva-Orastie? BTW: at Geoagiu there is an exit planned AFAIK.
Old August 15th, 2011, 11:04 PM   #3388
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Some more A2 pics:

Bridge over Danube-Black Sea Canal:

A2/A4 interchange:

Thanks @ CosteaH.
Old August 15th, 2011, 11:54 PM   #3389
nenea_hartia
Skeptic

Likes (Received): 233

^ Great pics, thanks.

=============

Let's get back to A1, lot Deva-Orăştie:

Near Orăştie:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nenea_hartia View Post
Să pun şi eu:

- punctul de lucru Straco de la Orăştie:

- descărcare arheologică şi lucrări la nord de Orăştie:

nenea_hartia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2011, 11:55 PM   #3390
nenea_hartia
Skeptic

Near Turdaş:

Quote:
- în zona organizării de şantier Straco de la Turdaş:

Old August 15th, 2011, 11:57 PM   #3391
nenea_hartia
Skeptic

At Turdaş and Uroi:

Quote:
- la Turdaş:

- la Uroi:

- descărcări arheologice la Uroi :

Old August 15th, 2011, 11:58 PM   #3392
nenea_hartia
Skeptic

Works for the bridge over river Mureş:

Quote:
- lucrări la podul peste Mureş :

- camion Strabag la Chimindia (@ Adrian!: am văzut şi eu dealul acela şi aglomeraţia de camioane. Mi se pare criminal ce fac acolo cei de la Strabag cu acea carieră de suprafaţă. Nu înţeleg cum de li se permite):

Old August 16th, 2011, 06:18 AM   #3393
ionut
Reaching for the stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Clerk View Post
OK. I trust your word on that. I knew otherwise. Is there a map with that section of Deva-Orastie? BTW: at Geoagiu there is an exit planned AFAIK.
At Geoagiu there is an INTERCHANGE, not a simple exit. It's the Orastie interchange, as you can see.

Deva-Orastie section of A1:

Geoagiu/Gelmar interchange - Orastie interchange (the same):

Gelmar on GMaps.

The interchange: in details (see the green lines)

Old August 16th, 2011, 08:13 PM   #3394
nenea_hartia
Skeptic

Bypass Arad:

- overpass at km 6+020:

- works at embankments, km 6+300:

- overpass at interchange IC2, km 6+400-6+500; some buildings will be demolished:

Old August 16th, 2011, 08:15 PM   #3395
nenea_hartia
Skeptic

- Mureş bridge now completed and finally without formworks:

Old August 18th, 2011, 01:23 AM   #3396
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ionut View Post
At Geoagiu there is an INTERCHANGE, not a simple exit. It's the Orastie interchange, as you can see.

Deva-Orastie section of A1:

Geoagiu/Gelmar interchange - Orastie interchange (the same):

Gelmar on GMaps.

The interchange: in details (see the green lines)
OK. Great! So it's the end of that lot. Thanks.
Old August 18th, 2011, 01:26 AM   #3397
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Bucharest-Ploiesti works a few days ago:

Source

10 km of 42 in total have already been asphalted. Delivery should be by year-end.
Old August 18th, 2011, 10:09 PM   #3398
neaguionutu

Likes (Received): 105

Pictures Highway A1 Bucharest - Pitesti 17.04.2011

Bucharest - Pitesti

Near Bucharest, Ciorogirla

Near Poienari, Giurgiu County

Near Stoeneşti - Căscioarele, Giurgiu County

Between Căscioarele, Giurgiu and Petreşti, Dambovita county

Near Petreşti - Potlogeni Deal, Dambovita county

Panel information on traffic and road conditions on the A1.
500 m from the information panel are mounted cameras to detect those who have not vignette

Police patrol car - Police Highway A 1

Between Potlogeni Deal, Dambovita county and Pitesti

Join in the city of Pitesti - Pitesti Sud

The remaining pictures, to return to Bucharest, the meaning of Pitesti - Bucharest I will publish tomorrow.

Last edited by neaguionutu; August 26th, 2011 at 04:54 AM.
neaguionutu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2011, 01:42 PM   #3399
neaguionutu

Likes (Received): 105

Pictures Motorway A1 Pitesti - Bucharest 17.04.2011

Pitesti - Bucharest

1. Belt under the highway to Pitesti

2.Piteşti, Argeş - Ioneşti, Dâmboviţa

Police patrol car - Police Highway A 1

3.Ioneşti, Dâmboviţa - Petreşti, Dâmboviţa

Panel information on traffic and road conditions on highway A1

Here are mounted cameras to detect those who have not vignette

4.Petreşti,Dâmboviţa - Vânătorii Mici, Giurgiu

5.Căscioarele, Giurgiu - Bolintin Vale, Giurgiu

6.Bolintin Vale, Giurgiu - Bolintin Deal, Giurgiu

Here are mounted cameras to detect those who have not vignette

7.Langa București, Ciorogârla, Ilfov

Join in Bucharest, here again we have cameras to detect those who have not vignette

The pictures were made by me with my photo camera, Nikon COOLPIX L19, on 17 April 2011, Palm Sunday, where the festival took place Pitesti "Tulips Symphony", a festival dedicated to flowers.
neaguionutu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2011, 05:15 PM   #3400
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Hi guys! As already mentioned on another thread, I just took a crazy 4,500 km road-trip in Central and Eastern Europe (HU, AU, IT, SLO, HR, MNT, SRB, B-H) and hope to have the time and patience to share some pics.

Meanwhile:

Quote:
Transylvania Highway requires EUR 1.3 bln loan
AUGUST 25TH, 2011 AT 9:00 PM

Because the contract with Bechtel was cancelled, approximately 300 kilometers of highway have been left without a constructor. The National Highways and Roads Company (CNADNR) is considering several options in order to complete them, evz.ro informs. The options include tapping state budget funds, contracting a loan from the European Investment Bank (EIB) or leasing several highway sections.

The solution for the 48.4-kilometer Brasov-Fagaras section would be to connect it with the Comarnic-Brasov Highway and to start the leasing procedures early next year, CNADNR General Manager Daniela Draghia stated.

A tender for the Gilau-Mihaesti and Targu Mures – Campia Turzii sections of the Transylvania Highway will start this year. A total of 60 kilometers will be financed from the budget, at a maximum cost of approximately EUR 7.2 M per kilometer.

“What is left from the contract with Bechtel is the completion of two sections: the well-known 2B section (Campia Turzii – Gilau), whose construction started in 2004, and the 3C section (Suplacu de Barcau – Bors). The construction works left were negotiated at EUR 6.8 M per kilometer. EUR 1 M in costs for the construction equipment that sits idle, plus other costs, were eliminated” Daniela Draghia added.

CNADNR plans to build the remaining 190 kilometers by contracting a loan from EIB. The figures show that Romania will have to borrow EUR 1.3 bln at most.
Source

Tags
highways, infrastructure, motorways, romania