daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 26th, 2011, 09:09 PM   #3621
nenea_hartia
Skeptic

Likes (Received): 233

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samply View Post
Isn't Gilau-Campia Turzii the section already built of A3?
Yes it is. That's why it's shown in green (opened).
nenea_hartia no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 27th, 2011, 05:14 AM   #3622
Samply

Likes (Received): 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Clerk

Suplacu-Bors and Gilau-Campia Turzii are currently U/C.

Ok, so this can't be right.
Thanks for all the info you're putting on here, also to Bogdymol for the map, as a road enthusiast I really appreciate it!
Just asking questions for clarity's sake

Last edited by Samply; October 27th, 2011 at 05:22 AM.
Samply no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2011, 12:21 PM   #3623
cornel001
Balamuc

Likes (Received): 133

And he put the section north of Gilau in purple altough it is only preparing for tender. Carried away again ?
Old October 27th, 2011, 12:26 PM   #3624
Chilio
Небостъргачевград

Likes (Received): 9150

What about the retendered section between Timisoara and Lugoj? Is there a date for the new tender and approximate time after that that it would be started/build... I mean, when one can expect that the whole distance from Lugoj to the hungarian border will be highway?
Any new plans for widening or turning parts of the road from Calafat or Craiova to this direction into an expressway or at least for building ring roads around the multiple villages on the road?
Chilio no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2011, 12:28 PM   #3625
ionutz_08

Likes (Received): 102

hallo.are they really going to get EU money for A3 from bors to brasov? if yes is it not strange that till now they could not get Eu money and now it is possible?
ionutz_08 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2011, 01:13 PM   #3626
nenea_hartia
Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornel001 View Post
And he put the section north of Gilau in purple altough it is only preparing for tender. Carried away again ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilio View Post
What about the retendered section between Timisoara and Lugoj? Is there a date for the new tender and approximate time after that that it would be started/build... I mean, when one can expect that the whole distance from Lugoj to the hungarian border will be highway?
No news, so far. We only hope for a fast tender, but half an year was already lost, another half an year will be lost with a new tender and the design...
Probably they will force for the end of 2013 or beginning of 2014, as the terrain is not so difficult there.
Quote:
Any new plans for widening or turning parts of the road from Calafat or Craiova to this direction into an expressway or at least for building ring roads around the multiple villages on the road?
No widening and probably no ring roads. Only rehabilitation of the road. The contract for the first Lot has been awarded to a Romanian company on October 19th.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ionutz_08 View Post
hallo.are they really going to get EU money for A3 from bors to brasov? if yes is it not strange that till now they could not get Eu money and now it is possible?
Because first time the contract was awarded directly to Bechtel, without tender and contrary to any EU procedure. Now the situation will change, they will do a tender for every Lot.
Old October 27th, 2011, 01:32 PM   #3627
Chilio
Небостъргачевград

Quote:
Originally Posted by nenea_hartia View Post
No widening and probably no ring roads. Only rehabilitation of the road. The contract for the first Lot has been awarded to a Romanian company on October 19th.
Very sad news... Last time I travelled from Wien to Sofia through Romania in 2007, it took me about 10 hours to pass these about 400 km... And the most important reason for this was the very slow driving through the villages... At some regions I think the villages wera about 5-6 km long, then when you exit it, at no more than 2-3 km you enter the next village.
And after these 10 hours we spent 2 more at Calafat, waiting for the ferry... I hoped more will be done after Danube Bridge 2 opens. Well, still the highway from Lugoj to the hungarian border is quite a progress.
Old October 27th, 2011, 01:40 PM   #3628
nenea_hartia
Skeptic

Quote:
Very sad news... Last time I travelled from Wien to Sofia through Romania in 2007, it took me about 10 hours to pass these about 400 km... And the most important reason for this was the very slow driving through the villages... At some regions I think the villages wera about 5-6 km long, then when you exit it, at no more than 2-3 km you enter the next village.
And after these 10 hours we spent 2 more at Calafat, waiting for the ferry... I hoped more will be done after Danube Bridge 2 opens. Well, still the highway from Lugoj to the hungarian border is quite a progress.
You are completely right. But I give you a strong advice: don't go on DN56 Calafat-Craiova, use DN56A Calafat-Turnu Severin instead. It's a great road, recently rehabilitated, almost empty, and the route through DN56A is significantly shorter. From Turnu Severin they finally rehabilitated the road and made some bypasses (some are still under construction though): Turnu Severin, Mehadia, Domaşnea (still u/c), Caransebeş (still u/c), Lugoj, Timişoara. A bypass is also planned for Plugova, but they don't have enough money yet for it, as it needs a tunnel.
Old October 27th, 2011, 02:06 PM   #3629
Chilio
Небостъргачевград

In 2007 I travelled exactly on the direct road from Turnu Severin to Calafat... But then it was in rehabilitation, which made the trip more unpleasant.
Anyway, I should say that still the road to western Europe for most, even with Danube bridge 2 is not through Romania, but through Serbia, even though it is not in the EU and takes more time at border checks. Not only the road there is shorter, but serbians build more km on their highways in this direction... Maybe after BG and RO enter the Schengen Area one day and there are completely no border checks on Danube bridge 2 and the RO-HU border things will change a bit.
Old October 27th, 2011, 02:28 PM   #3630
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Likes (Received): 12043

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornel001 View Post
According to the media report based which I amended the map, it is U/C.

I advise you should take the effort of updating this thread with appropriate maps, if you think others are being "carried away".
Castles and Mansions in Romania
Le Clerk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2011, 02:32 PM   #3631
nenea_hartia
Skeptic

Quote:
In 2007 I travelled exactly on the direct road from Turnu Severin to Calafat... But then it was in rehabilitation, which made the trip more unpleasant.
Anyway, I should say that still the road to western Europe for most, even with Danube bridge 2 is not through Romania, but through Serbia, even though it is not in the EU and takes more time at border checks. Not only the road there is shorter, but serbians build more km on their highways in this direction... Maybe after BG and RO enter the Schengen Area one day and there are completely no border checks on Danube bridge 2 and the RO-HU border things will change a bit.
You are right again. I simply can't imagine why RO and BG have no plans to connect each other via motorways, at Vidin-Calafat or Russe-Giurgiu for instance. Oh, I know, there are some lines drawn on some maps, but all for the very distant future. We (here on SSC) hope that Romania will use most of the money assigned for transports in the next EU financing cycle (2013-2020) to build a southern connection (Lugoj-Turnu Severin-Craiova-Calafat) with Bulgaria. But personally, I'm not optimistic. However, the first steps were made, with a short 11km stretch of motorway towards south, near Lugoj, which is under construction as we speak. See on the map bellow - Balinţ-Paru-Lugoj Nord:

Last edited by nenea_hartia; October 27th, 2011 at 02:38 PM.
Old October 27th, 2011, 02:38 PM   #3632
nenea_hartia
Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Clerk View Post
I don't think it's under construction, but maybe media is talking about the small remaining stretch of section 2b, the bridge over river Someş near Gilău, abandoned at probably 10-30% and which can be noted - like Suplacu de Barcău-Borş - as under construction.
Old October 27th, 2011, 05:34 PM   #3633
scurt/2
rakastan sisua!

Likes (Received): 134

Quote:
...However, the first steps were made, with a short 11km stretch of motorway towards south, near Lugoj, which is under construction as we speak.
Wow... This is good news. Very good news!
scurt/2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2011, 05:37 PM   #3634
scurt/2
rakastan sisua!

Likes (Received): 134

@Chilio
[a bit off-topic] How's the road from Vidin to Sofia? Any stretch of motorway/expressway on it?
scurt/2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2011, 06:39 PM   #3635
Chilio
Небостъргачевград

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurt/2 View Post
@Chilio
[a bit off-topic] How's the road from Vidin to Sofia? Any stretch of motorway/expressway on it?
The whole road (about 240 km) is in very good condition but most of it is 1+1.
A small stretch, maybe some 17 km, between Vratza and Mezdra is expressway 2x2.
From Botevgrad to Sofia, about 45 km, the road joins A2 Hemus, so it's motorway, and some 8,5 km more between the end of A2 and Sofia's Ring Road are under construction. The existing connection between A2 and the RR now is expressway.
There is shorter road through Petrohan mountain pass but it's quite harder and in not soo good condition.

Sorry for the offtopic too
Old October 27th, 2011, 06:58 PM   #3636
mcarling

Likes (Received): 491

The Romanian and Bulgarian governments are much more interested in interconnecting their own cities domestically than in connecting the two countries internationally. Any international motorway connection between Romania and Bulgaria will come about only as a result of pressure and money from the EU.
mcarling no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2011, 09:16 PM   #3637
cornel001
Balamuc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Clerk View Post

I advise you should take the effort of updating this thread with appropriate maps, if you think others are being "carried away".
According to media, Gilau-Nadaselu as well as Campia Turzii-Tg Mures are the first sections preparing for tendering from the ones taken form Bechtel and agreed for T-TEN financing.

I advise you not to post anything public if you can't take a little criticism.
Old October 27th, 2011, 09:30 PM   #3638
cornel001
Balamuc

Quote:
However, the first steps were made, with a short 11km stretch of motorway towards south, near Lugoj, which is under construction as we speak. See on the map bellow - Balinţ-Paru-Lugoj Nord:

Old October 28th, 2011, 12:20 AM   #3639
slakero

Likes (Received): 68

Could someone explain why isn't Lugoj-Calafat motorway built like this:
56A + Craiova - Vanju Mare
slakero no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2011, 12:23 AM   #3640
Chilio
Небостъргачевград

Maybe because the eurocorridor goes northbound, as does the E79 Calafat-Craiova and not in western direction...

Tags
highways, infrastructure, motorways, romania