daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 6th, 2011, 04:01 PM   #3701
cornel001
Balamuc

Likes (Received): 133

400 + 195 = 563
388 + 211 = 570

I dont understand it but probably they plan to demolish some.

Sponsored Links
Old November 7th, 2011, 07:45 AM   #3702
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Likes (Received): 12043

Quote:
Plans for Belgrade-Timisoara motorway

Romania and Serbia are looking for financing solutions to build the motorway Belgrade - Timisoara and a hydroelectric power plant at Portile de Fier 3, Romanian Prime Minister Emil Boc said today (Fri) in Belgrade.

Emil Boc said after meeting Serbian Prime Minister Mirko Cvetkovic sources of financing for these two projects were going to be studied by both parts.
Source

Source
Castles and Mansions in Romania
Le Clerk está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2011, 08:33 AM   #3703
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Likes (Received): 7681

Lots of news concerning this project over the last few days...something has certainly changed compared to just a week ago.

Today, Serbia's President Boris Tadic is scheduled to pay a rare visit to a motorway constructin site - and it will be the lone currently U/C section of this motorway - a 12km Ub-Lajkovac stretch just southeast of Belgrade. Most likely there will be some sort of new announcement, possibly concerning the other sections, between Belgrade & Cacak.
CrazySerb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2011, 11:24 AM   #3704
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19391

A Bar - Bari Bridge
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2011, 12:12 PM   #3705
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

There is a lot of talk on the Romanian forum about this project of C XI which could reroute the Romanian (and not only) traffic to Italy and Croatia via Belgrad, instead of the current Hungarian route M5->M0->M7.

That'd mean a lot of traffic which could theoretically warrant a PPP for the Romanian section which is only about 50 km long and would cost ~ EUR 200 million, not a particularly huge amount of money.
Old November 7th, 2011, 01:16 PM   #3706
PhirgataZFs1694

Likes (Received): 1560

I have a question about Djerdap II border checkpoint. I was told that it is a touristic checkpoint used only by cars. What are the plans about it? Expanding? Refurbishing to suit international truck traffic? And if yes, how suitable for trucks is the near danubian road on the serbian side?
PhirgataZFs1694 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2011, 09:40 PM   #3707
nenea_hartia
Skeptic

Likes (Received): 233

Well, I believe this is a first: the newest member of the Romanian section of SSC is Mrs Doina Mosneag, counselor of Mrs Anca Boagiu, Romanian Minister of Transports.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhirgataZFs1694 View Post
I have a question about Djerdap II border checkpoint. I was told that it is a touristic checkpoint used only by cars. What are the plans about it? Expanding? Refurbishing to suit international truck traffic? And if yes, how suitable for trucks is the near danubian road on the serbian side?
Maybe the main problem is the bridge linking the island of Ostrovu Mare and the Romanian inland territory. The bridge is not suitable for trucks, therefore no truck traffic there. There are no plans in the foreseeable future for expanding or refurbishing that border checkpoint. At least on the Romanian side.

Last edited by nenea_hartia; November 8th, 2011 at 09:55 PM.
nenea_hartia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2011, 09:43 PM   #3708
bogdymol
bogdymod

Quote:
Originally Posted by nenea_hartia View Post
Well, I believe this is a first: the newest member of the Romanian section of SSC is Mrs Doina Mosneag, counselor of Mrs Anca Boagiu, Romanian Minister of Transports.
It's a clear sign that the Minister of Transports is different this days than it used to be years ago. This initiative gained a lot of support from the romanian members of SSC on our romanian language threads.

My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2011, 10:27 PM   #3709
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

Likes (Received): 18300

Quote:
Maybe the main problem is the bridge linking the island of Ostrovu Mare and the Romanian inland territory. The bridge is not suitable for trucks, therefore no truck traffic there. There are no plans in the foreseeable future for expanding or refurbishing that border checkpoint. At least on the Romanian side.
So that border crossing is closed for everyone (also small cars, pedestrians)?
cinxxx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2011, 11:28 PM   #3710
danielstan

Location: Pitesti, RO // Helsinki Final Act 1975, Point 3) Inviolability of frontiers
Likes (Received): 407

Indeed.
This bridge was the first suspended bridge finalized after 1989 (in 1990) and since then it is suitable to car traffic.
By unknown reasons the authorities of the 2 countries have NOT agreed since 20 years to open a border cross point there, even just for cars!!!

I know that this cross point is going from nowhere to nowhere (on both sides of the Danube there are no major national roads, just local roads), but still it could be useful for local traffic.

And the Romanians of Serbia (from Malajnica, for example) could visit Romania easier, so just by patriotic feelings the Romanian govt. should have done more.
--------------------
This is not the only case in recent history.
The bridge Radauti Prut (RO) - Lipcani (MD) (destroyed during the WWII) was rebuilt by Romanian govt. with EU funds in 2005.
The border cross point was opened just in 2009!!!

Last edited by danielstan; November 8th, 2011 at 11:37 PM.
danielstan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2011, 11:52 PM   #3711
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Quote:
New highway towards Moldavia becomes European priority
NOVEMBER 8TH, 2011 AT 9:00 PM

The 316-kilometer highway from Targu Mures to Moldovan border will be built partly with non-reimbursable European funds, Money.ro informs.

First the Romanian authorities have to obtain the environment permit, to finish the feasibility study and the design and to organize the tender meant to select the project’s private investors.

The European Commission has included the future highway in the Trans-European Transport Network (TEN-T), which makes it a priority for Brussels, and starting in 2014 Romania will receive non-reimbursable funds in order to build it.
Source
Old November 8th, 2011, 11:53 PM   #3712
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Quote:
My hopes for Lady Boagiu were not in vain!
Old November 9th, 2011, 12:10 AM   #3713
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Quote:
BTW: You forgot to mention that the Minister of Transportation is a daily reader of the Romanian motorways threads.
Old November 9th, 2011, 12:16 AM   #3714
danielstan

Location: Pitesti, RO // Helsinki Final Act 1975, Point 3) Inviolability of frontiers
Likes (Received): 407

I doubt.
It would be a waste of time of an important state official to read tones of posts on a forum.

It is wiser for Mrs. Boagiu to use a counseler who reads everything and makes a briefing of 2 pages each day. And I hope this is what she does.

And I assume she pays attention to us only in pre-election years.

I don't believe in the legend that Romanian way of building highways has been improved forever, if this happens 1 year before elections.

Last edited by danielstan; November 9th, 2011 at 12:21 AM.
danielstan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2011, 09:38 AM   #3715
nenea_hartia
Skeptic

Likes (Received): 233

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielstan View Post
It is wiser for Mrs. Boagiu to use a counseler who reads everything and makes a briefing of 2 pages each day. And I hope this is what she does.
Of course. Probably the counselor is reading many other forums and newspapers per day, so I'm not so excited as the other members of Romanian SSC, but it's probably a first when a counselor becomes a user of a forum, and I salute this idea.
nenea_hartia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2011, 01:09 PM   #3716
cove_adrian

Likes (Received): 14

What about the Corridor IX? I'm interested in the sector Focsani-Albita (155.00 km). I know that according to cnadnr website (http://www.cnadnr.ro/proiect.php?id=263) there is a Pre-feasibility study from 1998 elaborated by IPTANA.

Any news? Maybe for the stage 2014-2020 this project will become a priority such as Corridor IV (2007-2013).
cove_adrian no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2011, 03:23 PM   #3717
Filipdr

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Clerk View Post
Hmm, very nice!
Filipdr no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2011, 10:04 PM   #3718
Chilio
Небостъргачевград

Likes (Received): 9150

Still it looks unexplainably and exessively more longer than a potential road Bucuresti-Craiova-Calafat-Vidin-Negotin-Cacak...
Chilio no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2011, 10:08 PM   #3719
gmacruyff

Likes (Received): 1416

Agree.!Blagodarya.
gmacruyff está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2011, 10:28 PM   #3720
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by cove_adrian View Post
What about the Corridor IX? I'm interested in the sector Focsani-Albita (155.00 km). I know that according to cnadnr website (http://www.cnadnr.ro/proiect.php?id=263) there is a Pre-feasibility study from 1998 elaborated by IPTANA.

Any news? Maybe for the stage 2014-2020 this project will become a priority such as Corridor IV (2007-2013).
We have made a long list of questions on various motorway (and infrastructure) topics for the Romanian Transportation Ministry (the above included) and the Minister's counsellor has replied today she has distributed the questions throughout the departments and answers will pop up in the coming days.

Tags
highways, infrastructure, motorways, romania