daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 17th, 2011, 10:44 PM   #3821
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

Likes (Received): 18299

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanT View Post
....So! What was the problem with this road?
I can´t see any, but please enlight me(maybe the last one, but come on!!)
Dunno ... ask Samply
cinxxx no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 18th, 2011, 08:58 AM   #3822
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Likes (Received): 12038

Cluj south belt is U/C and mostly completed. I notice nobody posted pictures:

Quote:
Originally Posted by adailton92 View Post

De aici, incepe portiunea unde vantul, va "baga" iarna zapada. Vor fi ceva probleme...dar e ok atata timp cat nu vor intervenii cand va ninge mai tare

Aici se vede cel mai bine situatia descrisa mai sus:

Efectele in teren ale instabilitatii(cvazistabil) terenului si mai ales naturii acestuia:argile, gresii slab cimentate, nisipuri(nisipuri de Feleac) roci moi, foarte friabile. Cand nu este deranjat este OK, cand "sufera"
devine "violent si incapatanat".
Crapaturi superficiale-evolutia lor va fi dictata de cum va fi intretinut drumul.
-sunt prezente de-a lungul parapetului de pe partea stanga.
Infiltrarea puternica a apelor freatice, de suprafata, aici chiar sunt aproape, prin parapet, fenomene de oxidare cu aparitia oxizilor de fier. De aici incep, nu intamplator, exact de unde incepe portiunea cu probleme. Asa ceva mai rar, in plina seceta, curge apa din parapet, tevile prin care s-a incercat captarea ei au turturi, cat diametrul lor. Va fi greu, foarte greu. Pe jos este pur si simplu clei, in care cred ca foreza intra ca in branza. Ma mira ca aceste aspecte nu au fost punctate pana acum

Daca se merge de-a lungul acestui parapet, dincolo de excavator se observa si mai bine cele spuse mai sus. Am fost luat la intrebari, asa ca am renuntat sa mai fotografiez..o perioada
Cred ca aici se incearca o capatare a apelor din santuri

Oxidare

Captare si canalizare izvor(panza freatica foarte aproape de suprafat)
Castles and Mansions in Romania
Le Clerk está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2011, 03:05 PM   #3823
Keepon
BANNED

Likes (Received): 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanT View Post
....So! What was the problem with this road?
It's not a motorway. That's the problem.
Keepon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2011, 04:43 PM   #3824
MrAkumana

Likes (Received): 100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Clerk View Post
Cluj south belt is U/C and mostly completed. I notice nobody posted pictures:
Any orientative opening date for the Cluj centura? Are there any sections already on service?

I drove there a couple of times coming from Alba Iulia to the Cluj airport and it would had saved me a enormous amount of time that road...
Old November 18th, 2011, 08:18 PM   #3825
Samply

Likes (Received): 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinxxx

Dunno ... ask Samply
My comments were refered to the conditions of the road a year earlier, thanks for the pics that allow me to see at least a partial improvement of the road a year later, you can keep your sarcasm
Samply no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2011, 08:38 PM   #3826
bogdymol
bogdymod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samply View Post
My comments were refered to the conditions of the road a year earlier, thanks for the pics that allow me to see at least a partial improvement of the road a year later, you can keep your sarcasm
I don't know of any road modernisation on that section in the last few years... so I guess that it was exactly like this before.

More, I passed on that road in March 2009 and it wasn't that bad (it was night and I was just a passenger, I didn't see very clear the road, but you could drive comfortable).
My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2011, 09:33 PM   #3827
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

Likes (Received): 18299

No sarcasm from me Samply, I was only joking
cinxxx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2011, 10:20 PM   #3828
nenea_hartia
Skeptic

Likes (Received): 233

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogdymol View Post
I don't know of any road modernisation on that section in the last few years... so I guess that it was exactly like this before.

More, I passed on that road in March 2009 and it wasn't that bad (it was night and I was just a passenger, I didn't see very clear the road, but you could drive comfortable).
No, Samply is right, the road was very bad in Hunedoara county, but approx. one year ago they poured a layer of asphalt. I travelled back and forth on that road on a weekly basis for one year and I know what I'm talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAkumana View Post
Any orientative opening date for the Cluj centura? Are there any sections already on service?

I drove there a couple of times coming from Alba Iulia to the Cluj airport and it would had saved me a enormous amount of time that road...
The bypass is already opened (in a populist style) since October 21th.

Last edited by nenea_hartia; November 18th, 2011 at 10:25 PM.
nenea_hartia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2011, 10:22 PM   #3829
bogdymol
bogdymod

Quote:
Originally Posted by nenea_hartia View Post
No, Samply is right, the road was very bad in Hunedoara county, but approx. one year ago they poured a layer of asphalt. I travelled back and forth on a weekly basis for one year and I know what I'm talking about.
Ok, it might have been very bad in Hunedoara county, but still you didn't need a 4x4 all terrain vehicle to drive on it. You could do it with any car...
Old November 19th, 2011, 03:33 AM   #3830
Samply

Likes (Received): 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogdymol

I could put up a photo of what it was like in September 2010 to show you that it was in much worse conditions than the pictures that you have just put up, but that was not my point.
Instead I apologize Bogdymol, for my choice of words, it was never my intention to simply give Romanian roads a bad name. Rather I expressed my concern that too much emphasis is put on motorway construction, whilst sections like Lugoj-Deva, in county Hunedoara, on an E road linking some of the most important and attractive cities in Romania (Timisoara-Sibiu-Brasov and beyond) was, as Nenea Hartia pointed out in very bad conditions.
Simply put, when will there be a motorway connection between Lugoj and Deva, perhaps 2014-15? Nobody really knows. How much would it cost to upgrade Lugoj-Deva to the same quality as DN7 as it should be? A lot less than a new motorway and it could be done much faster.
I hope we can move on from here especially as I have greatly appreciated your own contribution to this forum
Samply no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2011, 01:14 AM   #3831
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Likes (Received): 12038

Very consistent works on Cernavoda-Medgidia (A2) and hopes for opening next year, as scheduled:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViitorulPrimar View Post
Cernavoda-Medgidia

Castles and Mansions in Romania
Le Clerk está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2011, 12:30 PM   #3832
ciprebbe

Likes (Received): 142

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAkumana View Post

is open for over 2 weeks
ciprebbe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2011, 01:35 PM   #3833
and802

Likes (Received): 55

Quote:
Very consistent works on Cernavoda-Medgidia (A2) and hopes for opening next year, as scheduled:
and802 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2011, 04:12 PM   #3834
BND
Regisztrált felhasználó

Likes (Received): 277

Is that the new Cluj bypass what you can see as DN 1N on openstreetmap.org? Will this road continue towards A3?
BND no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2011, 06:15 PM   #3835
_DAC_

Likes (Received): 59

Yes, DN 1N on OpenStreetMap it's the recent open Cluj Bypass.

Yes, there are plans to continue the bypass to A3, but no money are available for construction.
_DAC_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2011, 11:31 AM   #3836
kind19

Likes (Received): 17

Quote:
I don't believe anything till I see a plane movie. But I hope it will open on one lane till August 2012. But Astaldi slowly becomes one of the best highway companies in Romania. They simply try to respect schedules and I have an ex-colleague who works for them. He don't actually thinks it will open next year in summer but we'll see...
kind19 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2011, 05:05 PM   #3837
bogdymol
bogdymod

Update from future A1 motorway, Arad - Timisoara section (to be opened on December 15th):

Ortisoara interchange (will be opened only for road mantainance teams):

Hidroisolation:

They started to mount the fences on the side of the motorway:

Old November 22nd, 2011, 05:06 PM   #3838
bogdymol
bogdymod

Shiny crash barierrs:

Old November 22nd, 2011, 05:08 PM   #3839
bogdymol
bogdymod

Last set of pics from Arad - Timisoara motorway:

Arad-Timisoara railway overpass:

The motorway is 98% completed
Old November 22nd, 2011, 05:14 PM   #3840
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19389

Two things that bothers me.

First of all, there are two bridges which are quite far from finished, especially considering it is supposed to be finished in three weeks time.

Second, I noticed that in some areas the median is completely paved over. I just hope they have sufficient drainage and cross-slope built into the roadway, otherwise it will be a nightmare to drive during (heavy) rain.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
highways, infrastructure, motorways, romania