daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 24th, 2011, 10:53 AM   #3861
cove_adrian

Likes (Received): 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keepon View Post
They already have great roads in the Moldova region, all of the E-roads there are wide, most are 2 lane highways.

Why would Ploiești-Focșani Motorway be a priority when they have this:

Excellent wide road, it's almost like driving on a motorway (except for the motorway part).

The priority of building motorways towards the West is the perfect strategy.

Btw, I find that Transylvania motorway, going all the way from the N border to W border, much more important than a motorway going from Bucharest to the NE.
Hmmm...

I see you are confusing the highway with a wider european road. E85+ E583 (Iasi-Bucuresti, except a 2 lines highway near Ramnicu Sarat) is wider (1 line of 3,5 meters + a narrow line of 1,5 m). Believe me, in Moldova Region the roads are in a very poor condition (except DN 2, DN 17 and some portions of national roads). The bypass sections are missing (except Tecuci).
cove_adrian no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 24th, 2011, 07:13 PM   #3862
czerwony_bo_szybszy

Likes (Received): 2

i drove through Romania this summer and the worst roads seemedto be in Bucovina (ex pasul Prislop-Vatra Dornei) but what confused me in Moldova was the road Iasi-Roman cause I had no idea if it 2x2 or 1x1, what`s the status of that wide emergency lane?
czerwony_bo_szybszy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2011, 07:17 PM   #3863
bogdymol
bogdymod

Quote:
Originally Posted by czerwony_bo_szybszy View Post
i drove through Romania this summer and the worst roads seemedto be in Bucovina (ex pasul Prislop-Vatra Dornei) but what confused me in Moldova was the road Iasi-Roman cause I had no idea if it 2x2 or 1x1, what`s the status of that wide emergency lane?
That's an enigma for most of us...
My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2011, 08:03 PM   #3864
danielstan

Location: Pitesti, RO // Helsinki Final Act 1975, Point 3) Inviolability of frontiers
Likes (Received): 407

My remark about building highways in Moldova region was a remark about being fair when allocating money from the national budget to every region.
Of course I agree that highways connecting Bucharest to the Western Europe are a national priority, but we are now 21 years after falling of communism and no highway has been built in Moldova.

It is enough!

I will not drive soon on these Moldovan highways as I am from southern Romania.
danielstan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2011, 09:38 AM   #3865
kind19

Likes (Received): 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by czerwony_bo_szybszy View Post
That emergency lane was made for emergency stops. But everyone is using it as a second lane for traffic. Honestly I made some projects on this road and never understood it's purpose. One of my colleagues telling me that the lane is for emergency surpasses because on this road there are a lot of trucks that don't give you the right to pass through.
kind19 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2011, 04:05 PM   #3866
czerwony_bo_szybszy

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kind19 View Post
One of my colleagues telling me that the lane is for emergency surpasses because on this road there are a lot of trucks that don't give you the right to pass through.
OMG that`s weird! after some discussion with my co-driver we decided to drive on normal, internal lane and we passed on the emergency one just when sb wanted to overtake us, but there were situations when 4 cars had to find place on that width and it was quite stressful
czerwony_bo_szybszy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2011, 04:09 PM   #3867
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19391

I think the purpose of that shoulder is to provide space for slower vehicles (such as agricultural vehicles, but also trucks and slowmas) to drive on the side so faster traffic can pass relatively safely. However, what you often see is that people try to pass in both directions at the same time, the road is not really wide enough for that, as the shoulder is not at full lane width.
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2011, 05:02 PM   #3868
MrAkumana

Likes (Received): 100

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
I think the purpose of that shoulder is to provide space for slower vehicles (such as agricultural vehicles, but also trucks and slowmas) to drive on the side so faster traffic can pass relatively safely. However, what you often see is that people try to pass in both directions at the same time, the road is not really wide enough for that, as the shoulder is not at full lane width.
Some parts of Sibiu - Sebes section of DN1/7 are the same. I drove there my first time ever in Romania and it was quite annoying. There was heavy traffic and everyone was driving like it was a motorway. There were long cues of trucks on the emergency lane and even trucks overtaking other trucks on the normal lane and cars overtaking trucks on the opposite lane...
Old November 26th, 2011, 08:47 AM   #3869
bogdymol
bogdymod

With the help of the Romanian Transport Ministry I bring you an update from Timisoara - Arad motorway:

Future Giarmata interchange:

The motorway seen from Timisoara (Giarmata) interchange:

Fog again...

Old November 26th, 2011, 08:48 AM   #3870
bogdymol
bogdymod

All the way to Arad was foggy...

Mounting the shiny crash barierrs:

In partea dreapta va fi spatiul de servicii de pe autostrada. Banuiesc ca va fi deschis mai tarziu, nu pe 15 Decembrie (si pe M43 in Ungaria spatiul de servicii nu a fost gata deoadata cu autostrada):

Arad - Timisoara railway overpass:

Comparison on Arad bypass where there was a building untill 2 weeks ago. This is how it looked on Tuesday:

And this is how it looks on Friday:

Old November 26th, 2011, 08:50 AM   #3871
bogdymol
bogdymod

Surprise!

Road movie recorded with the help of the Romanian Transport Ministry, Timisoara Regional Road Authority and the builder.
Old November 26th, 2011, 05:30 PM   #3872
DrunkMonkey

Likes (Received): 230

come on!! keep up with the Sanderoooo

DrunkMonkey no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2011, 07:53 PM   #3873
bogdymol
bogdymod

I've passed it at 12:01
Old November 27th, 2011, 06:01 PM   #3874
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Likes (Received): 12043

Apparently works on all CIV motorway sections started earlier this year are in advance of schedule, and contractors will work winter-long. Maybe they plan to open some of these sections before elections next year.
Castles and Mansions in Romania
Le Clerk está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2011, 07:39 PM   #3875
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielstan View Post
My remark about building highways in Moldova region was a remark about being fair when allocating money from the national budget to every region.
Of course I agree that highways connecting Bucharest to the Western Europe are a national priority, but we are now 21 years after falling of communism and no highway has been built in Moldova.

It is enough!

I will not drive soon on these Moldovan highways as I am from southern Romania.
The Gov will tender the Bacau by-pass motorway next year (it's more of a motorway section because it's 31 km long):

Motorway network as of end-2013 (according to current plans):

Last edited by Le Clerk; November 27th, 2011 at 07:48 PM.
Old November 28th, 2011, 01:31 PM   #3876
bogdymol
bogdymod

Why is there Gheorghe Gheorghiu Dej instead of Adjud Oneşti on that map?

edit: with the help of Wikipedia I understand now, but it's still a mistake

Last edited by bogdymol; November 28th, 2011 at 01:39 PM.
Old November 28th, 2011, 02:51 PM   #3877
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19391

The construction time for the Bacău bypass is 30 months. So if it starts in mid-2012, it will certainly not be completed by the end of 2013. More like early-to-mid 2015.
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2011, 02:54 PM   #3878
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Likes (Received): 7681

Nice map, but what about Bucharest's ring-road? What are the current plans concerning its construction?
CrazySerb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2011, 03:04 PM   #3879
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
The construction time for the Bacău bypass is 30 months. So if it starts in mid-2012, it will certainly not be completed by the end of 2013. More like early-to-mid 2015.
Yes, sorry, you're right. 30 months is with design.

Thanks for correction.
Old November 28th, 2011, 03:06 PM   #3880
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazySerb View Post
Nice map, but what about Bucharest's ring-road? What are the current plans concerning its construction?
I remember there is a plan for the south motorway by-pass for a PPP to be tendered in the coming period, but nothing so far.

Otherwise, the rest of the current ring will enter works for expansion to 2x2 as soon as spring comes. The contracts have been signed.

Tags
highways, infrastructure, motorways, romania