daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 17th, 2011, 08:25 PM   #4041
MHN
Romania

Likes (Received): 1419

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Clerk View Post
Thank you for the awesome pictures!

How was the drive? Is it a smooth motorway?
Despite the discussions (ready or not for traffic), the Arad-Timisoara section is smooth enough.
The situation is little bit different on the Arad by-pass, because the last asphalt layer is still missing.

Sponsored Links
Old December 17th, 2011, 09:14 PM   #4042
bogdymol
bogdymod

Lights are turned on on Mures bridge (Arad bypass):

All the lights you see in the distance are from Arad bypass:

My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2011, 09:55 PM   #4043
MHN
Romania

Quote:
Last set of pictures from my side, from Arad towards Timisoara, this time:

by B.C.
Old December 18th, 2011, 09:53 AM   #4044
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Likes (Received): 12043

Quote:
Originally Posted by nenea_hartia View Post
^ Yes, but how is it that you are always quoting even the most utopian governmental propaganda?
I am sorry but I believe we discussed many times the governmental motorway projections here, and that is one important aspect of this thread. I admit though that one was far fetched.

Speaking of that, the Transportation Minister promises the opening of Lot 1 Timisoara-Lugoj motorway next year. The works began a few months ago but it's just a 10 km stretch.
Castles and Mansions in Romania
Le Clerk está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2011, 09:54 AM   #4045
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHN View Post
Despite the discussions (ready or not for traffic), the Arad-Timisoara section is smooth enough.
The situation is little bit different on the Arad by-pass, because the last asphalt layer is still missing.
Thank you. I can't wait to drive it too.
Old December 18th, 2011, 11:19 AM   #4046
and802

Likes (Received): 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Clerk View Post
I am sorry but I believe we discussed many times the governmental motorway projections here, and that is one important aspect of this thread. I admit though that one was far fetched.

Speaking of that, the Transportation Minister promises the opening of Lot 1 Timisoara-Lugoj motorway next year. The works began a few months ago but it's just a 10 km stretch.
Mr. 2600 km,

"think", "filter", "do not forward"

if this promise popped up, and now we have some examples of how the promises are kept up (arad bypass, not finished crash barriers on Timisoara - Arad section) . then we can assume the Lot 1 will be ready. with one layer of asphalt, or one of two carriageways still under/construction.
and802 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2011, 12:05 PM   #4047
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Stop being childish in your remarks!

Yes, that stretch will be completed by next year-end. It's only a 10 km section and they are already ahead of schedule.
Old December 18th, 2011, 12:10 PM   #4048
Chilio
Небостъргачевград

Likes (Received): 9150

and802, please stop trolling. Other people come to this thread to see any information and photos... Le Clerk at least gives any information he finds, citing the source (governmental). |It is supposed this forum is visited and read by grown-up people, so everybody can judge for himself whether to trust the information, especially from governmental sources. It's rather usual for governments worldwide to give such optimistic and not realistic promises, so it's not necessary to point it out again and again in such way. The only thing you do is writing tens of post against Le Clerk, not giving any information at all. This is rather boring and the only thing you can achieve is to make a lot of people stop reading this thread and loose interest in Romanian infrastructure.

Last edited by Chilio; December 18th, 2011 at 01:04 PM.
Chilio no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2011, 02:41 PM   #4049
and802

Likes (Received): 55

Chilio, I am not trolling

I just simply have not seen/read more unbelievable news (here passed on only by Le Clerk) in Euroepan section. just see the post 4024 - with maps of motorways in 2012. I am not a guy who claimed 2600 km of new motorways till 2020.

so tell me who is trolling ? did I post anything which was unreal, did not meet the reality ? I do argue with everybody who posts nonesenses. here in this thread there is only one.

one thing more:
please do not give any "governmental examples", because I can hardly imagine (and I could not find any) I could read government annoucements in German, French section of this thread with kidergarden news. even governments of countries from east-central europe (Czechia, Slovakia, Hunagry, Poland) do not annouce that kind bullshit. they try harder.

if Le Clerk is not trollling, then definately the agency he forwads information from is trolling, not me.
and802 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2011, 02:58 PM   #4050
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19391

Let it go.
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2011, 03:09 PM   #4051
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3437

what are plans for tolls in RO? will the current system of stickers remain, or something will be changed?
Old December 18th, 2011, 03:25 PM   #4052
bogdymol
bogdymod

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-type View Post
what are plans for tolls in RO? will the current system of stickers remain, or something will be changed?
The current electronic vignette will be kept, but they want to add in 1-2 years another toll for motorways based on how many km you drove. They might install toll booths...

-----------------------------------------------

Anyway, here are some pics I took today on Arad bypass. I will just quote my posts from the Romanian section. They are in Romanian but I'm too lazy to translate them

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogdymol View Post
Sa incepem cu cateva poze... Traseul a fost DN7 - Centura Arad - Autostrada Arad-Timisoara - Giarmata si intoarcere pe acelasi traseu.

Inainte de intrarea pe Centura Arad, cum vi dinspre Nadlac, apare urmatorul semn

Deci tirurile care merg la Timisoara sunt obligate peste 1500 m sa vireze la stanga Semnul e mai vechi si era bun inainte de deschiderea noii centuri. El dirijeaza camioanele pe acest traseu.

I will translate just this () one: the old sign for trucks that are in tranzit in Arad is still there and it's confusing them because it shows the old route. The new bypass is much better for them if they want to go to Timisoara.

Sensul giratoriu de la inceputul centurii:

Singurul semn care arata ca pe acolo se merge spre Timisoara:

Pe bretea:

Intrarea pe Centura: ai impresia ca se face drum cu 2 benzi pe sens, dar nu e asa. Cel din fata mea s-a incadrat pe banda din dreapta in spatele unui camion care transporta ceva pentru muncitori si s-a cam fentat.

Dupa 20...30 m de 2 benzi se ingusteaza la o banda si se trece pe celalalt sens:

Old December 18th, 2011, 03:26 PM   #4053
bogdymol
bogdymod

Quote:
Zona nodului cu A1 spre Nadlac:

Alpine lucra chiar si cand am trecut eu pe acolo. O bretea de acces deja e decopertata:

In departare se vede pasajul de la nodul de la Aeroport:

Fotografie realizata exact pe locul fostei cladiri DSV

In departare e podul peste Mures:

Old December 18th, 2011, 03:26 PM   #4054
bogdymol
bogdymod

Quote:
Urcarea pe pod:

Rostul de dilatatie:

In departare e pasajul de la nodul spre Zadareni:

Intrarea pe full-profile inainte de nodul cu DN69:

Sfarsitul proictului Centurii Arad si inceputul lui Arad-Timisoara:

Din pacate soarele a batut din fata si asfaltul a reflectat foarte mult lumina. Ce am remarcat e ca marcajele de pe asfalt nu sunt foarte vizibile in conditiile astea.
Old December 18th, 2011, 03:36 PM   #4055
x-type
con los terroristas

Quote:
The current electronic vignette will be kept, but they want to add in 1-2 years another toll for motorways based on how many km you drove. They might install toll booths...
could you describe more precisely? the last thing i know about tolls in RO was a sticker which you bought on border and was obligatory for all roads. is it still valid or you have something else?
Old December 18th, 2011, 03:41 PM   #4056
MHN
Romania

At this moment, the electronic vignette (like in Austria, for instance) is the only one valid.

for bogdymol
Old December 18th, 2011, 03:41 PM   #4057
bogdymol
bogdymod

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-type View Post
could you describe more precisely? the last thing i know about tolls in RO was a sticker which you bought on border and was obligatory for all roads. is it still valid or you have something else?
That sticker was changed with an electronic toll payment. It's the same system as the hungarian vignette. You enter any gas station, buy the vignette (which is just a piece of paper) and you just have to keep that. They enter all licence plates in a database and they know if someone has or doesn't have the vignette payed.

Back to business: Arad bypass road movie:

Old December 18th, 2011, 03:51 PM   #4058
x-type
con los terroristas

Quote:
That sticker was changed with an electronic toll payment. It's the same system as the hungarian vignette. You enter any gas station, buy the vignette (which is just a piece of paper) and you just have to keep that. They enter all licence plates in a database and they know if someone has or doesn't have the vignette payed.
oh, so i am not up to date obviously
is it still obligatory for all roads or only motorways?
Old December 18th, 2011, 04:00 PM   #4059
MHN
Romania

For all national roads & motorways.
Old December 18th, 2011, 04:02 PM   #4060
bogdymol
bogdymod

Fresh pictures from Arad - Timisoara motorway:

Quote:
Poze de pe Autostrada Arad - Timisoara:

Aici drumul era putin cam murdar cu noroi. Ar trebui curatat pentru ca in cazul unei franari bruste nu stiu ce ar iesi...

Pozele facute in sens opus au iesit mult mai bine...

Asfaltul sclipea:

In Romania not only the crash barierrs are shiny, but even the asphalt

Presemnalizarea viitorului spatiu de servicii:

Ce nu mi-a placut: in zona pasajelor nu era montate parapete de siguranta pe langa pilele din zona mediana. Daca ar fi fost dupa mine aici ar fi trebuit sa se monteze prima data, deoarece prezinta un risc sporit de accident:

Tags
highways, infrastructure, motorways, romania