daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 12th, 2012, 07:24 PM   #4601
nenea_hartia
Skeptic

Likes (Received): 233

@Baiazid: awesome pictures, thank you!
nenea_hartia no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 12th, 2012, 07:39 PM   #4602
satanism

Likes (Received): 5489

Hi guys,

i've got to travel between Szeged and Kalafat on Friday and I was wondering which route should I take?Any suggestions on road conditions, time, traffic, police etc?
Also there is a Vignette system in Romania, right?How much is the shortest period vignette and can you find it easy after entry?
satanism no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2012, 07:46 PM   #4603
bogdymol
bogdymod

Quote:
Originally Posted by satanism View Post
Hi guys,

i've got to travel between Szeged and Kalafat on Friday and I was wondering which route should I take?Any suggestions on road conditions, time, traffic, police etc?
Also there is a Vignette system in Romania, right?How much is the shortest period vignette and can you find it easy after entry?
Hello.

I would suggest you to drive on this route: Szeged - Mako - Cenad - Timisoara - Lugoj - Caransebes - Orsova - Drobeta Turnu Severin - Calafat. If you want to drive on the new A1 motorway you can take this route: Szeged - Mako - Nădlac - Arad bypass - Timisoara - Lugoj - Caransebes - Orsova - Drobeta Turnu Severin - Calafat.

The romanian vignette (rovigneta) can be bought for a minimum of 7 days and it costs 3 € (13,38 Romanian lei). You can find it at any gas station (there are gas station right after the border at both Cenad and Nadlac), or you can buy it online.

Have a safe trip
My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2012, 07:51 PM   #4604
Baiazid
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1019

Quote:
Originally Posted by nenea_hartia View Post
@Baiazid: awesome pictures, thank you!
Likewise. Thank you too!
Baiazid no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2012, 07:52 PM   #4605
satanism

Likes (Received): 5489

thanks
satanism no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2012, 09:53 PM   #4606
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Likes (Received): 12012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baiazid View Post
And let's not forget the pictures that triggered some central media articles in Romania today, "The first 3 lane motorway section in Romania". The pictures were taken from an overpass bridge at Km 15+400, but a TV station reported that I took them from a helicopter. Hence my new avatar
The media is just incredibly innovative.

Nice avatar and awesome pictures! I'll post them again. Hope nobody minds. They are worth it!

Quote:
So, looking towards Ploiesti:

And towards Bucuresti:

The motorway to be opened at the 30th of June, ends yet at the Bucharest Ring Road, just before the bridge in the far side of the picture. That bridge is still under construction and it is actually A3 passing the Bucharest Ring Road into Bucharest for 5.5 more kilometers. But that section just started to be constructed and it is planned to be opened in October 2012. But that is actually impossible. So maybe in 2013.

Castles and Mansions in Romania
Le Clerk está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2012, 11:14 PM   #4607
Nima-Farid
BANNED

Likes (Received): 13

clean road! I wish I could drive at 200 km/h on this road
Nima-Farid no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2012, 12:28 AM   #4608
TrueBulgarian
Meditate on this, I will

Likes (Received): 2359

Sorry about the stupid question but is the whole Bucharest Ploiesti section of A3 4x4 (3 active lanes in each direction)?
TrueBulgarian no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2012, 12:44 AM   #4609
Baiazid
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueBulgarian View Post
Sorry about the stupid question but is the whole Bucharest Ploiesti section of A3 4x4 (3 active lanes in each direction)?
As of 30th of June only the first 12km of motorway, between the Bucharest Ring Road and the first exit at Moara Vlasiei will have 3 lanes. The rest till Ploiesti is with 2 lanes.

This autumn or rather next year, there are going to be 5.5 km more inside Bucharest, also with 3 lanes, from Bucharest Ring Road inwards.

However, the motorway platform is prepared to accommodate 3 lanes per direction (long overpass bridges, wide road bed etc.) for 45 km, starting from Bucharest and up to the future split of A3 (Corridor IV) and the future motorway towards Chisinau - Kiev (Corridor IX).
Old June 13th, 2012, 08:00 AM   #4610
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Baiazid, CNADNR says the Bucharest-Moara Vlasiei 2x3 section of A3 has 19.5 km. Is that with or without the inner ring section of A3?
Old June 13th, 2012, 09:53 AM   #4611
Baiazid
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Clerk View Post
Baiazid, CNADNR says the Bucharest-Moara Vlasiei 2x3 section of A3 has 19.5 km. Is that with or without the inner ring section of A3?
Well, what do they know?!

The motorway begins in Bucharest from a roundabout, at km 7+500. That is 7.5km from the reference km 0 in downtown Bucharest.

The 3 lanes motorway section ends at km 25+200. The last 800m of the Pizzarotti section ARE NOT 3 lanes, but only 2 lanes. So, just by simple subtraction, we will have 17.7 km of 3 lanes motorway.

Out of those, on the 30th of June the traffic will be opened starting with km 14+200 (that's where we'll enter the actual motorway section). So we'll use only 11 km of that total of 17.7 km of the 3 lanes section.

There is indeed a miss reference or quite a confusion regarding the connection road in Bucharest, which links the roundabout at the end of the motorway with the Petricani Street. That section is indeed 1 km long, is indeed part of the A3 construction contract of Pizzarotti and has indeed 3 lanes in each direction. But IT IS NOT motorway! That section is actually an extension of the Fabrica de Glucoza Street in Bucharest and will look similar to the Iuliu Maniu Boulevard (exit from Bucharest towards A1) or Theodor Pallady Boulevard (exit from Bucharest towards A2).

We have the same situation at the Ploiesti end: the motorway ends at km 68, but it is followed by 500m of connection road 2x2 up to the roundabout on the Ploiesti West Ring Road. Those 500m are also often miss referred as being part ot the motorway.
Old June 13th, 2012, 11:15 AM   #4612
TrueBulgarian
Meditate on this, I will

Likes (Received): 2359

Thanks for the info
TrueBulgarian no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2012, 12:21 AM   #4613
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Quote:
Well, what do they know?!

The motorway begins in Bucharest from a roundabout, at km 7+500. That is 7.5km from the reference km 0 in downtown Bucharest.

The 3 lanes motorway section ends at km 25+200. The last 800m of the Pizzarotti section ARE NOT 3 lanes, but only 2 lanes. So, just by simple subtraction, we will have 17.7 km of 3 lanes motorway.

Out of those, on the 30th of June the traffic will be opened starting with km 14+200 (that's where we'll enter the actual motorway section). So we'll use only 11 km of that total of 17.7 km of the 3 lanes section.

There is indeed a miss reference or quite a confusion regarding the connection road in Bucharest, which links the roundabout at the end of the motorway with the Petricani Street. That section is indeed 1 km long, is indeed part of the A3 construction contract of Pizzarotti and has indeed 3 lanes in each direction. But IT IS NOT motorway! That section is actually an extension of the Fabrica de Glucoza Street in Bucharest and will look similar to the Iuliu Maniu Boulevard (exit from Bucharest towards A1) or Theodor Pallady Boulevard (exit from Bucharest towards A2).

We have the same situation at the Ploiesti end: the motorway ends at km 68, but it is followed by 500m of connection road 2x2 up to the roundabout on the Ploiesti West Ring Road. Those 500m are also often miss referred as being part ot the motorway.
Awesome info. Thanks!

We have another uppdate on A3 (to be opened end of June) on the Romanian forum - they started placing the sound walls (for the forest ) on certain sections:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeaSuciu View Post
15.06.2012 - poze A3/pasarela Sicrita
au aparut panourile fonice.....

ceva ciudat.......poata sa-mi spuna cineva daca vede vreo diferenta intre cele 2 poze facute la date diferite, ultima astazi 15.06.2012

Old June 16th, 2012, 12:22 AM   #4614
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

And some awesome shots of the Aciliu Viaduct on A1 (near Sibiu):

Quote:
Originally Posted by al_x View Post
alte poze din acelasi loc:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Old June 16th, 2012, 10:51 AM   #4615
Chilio
Небостъргачевград

Likes (Received): 9137

Maybe it's not the flora but the fauna in the forest that needs sound-protection not to be scared-away and to maintain ecology balance.
Chilio no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2012, 10:32 AM   #4616
dragosdd

Likes (Received): 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by satanism View Post
Hi guys,

i've got to travel between Szeged and Kalafat on Friday and I was wondering which route should I take?
Someone asking for directions on Corridor IV, South Section. Too bad our government doesn't take much interest on this route.
dragosdd no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2012, 05:08 PM   #4617
bogdymol
bogdymod

Romanian forum member Skynick travelled on the future A3 Bucharest - Ploiesti motorway that will be opened on June 30th with his motocycle and he recorded a video of his experience. Here it is:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skynick View Post
Salut

Am facut astazi o tura pe Bucuresti - Ploiesti si iata filmul

Concluzii:
- nu este nici o problema sa se deschida in 2 sapt
- calitatea lucrarii este buna
- intrarea si iesirea de pe autostrada sunt acceptabile
- in 3 locuri se mai lucreaza intens: Pod Moara Vlasiei (un sens are asfalt, celalalt doar beton), nod Snagov (mai mult pe finisaje) si racordarea cu segmentul UMB (unde astazi se pregatea suprafata pe vreo 150 m).

Nu am filmat tot segmentul italienilor pentru ca nu m-au lasat. La romani au fost mai intelegatori.
Filmul este accelerat. Nu am mers cu viteza aia pe autostrada.
Vibratiile nu se datoreaza suprafetei de rulare ci pozitionarii camerei si felului in care este construita motocicleta. Suprafata e buna.

Atentie ! Acest material se adreseaza numai utilizatorilor forumului Skyscrapercity.
Este interzisa orice preluare de catre presa a materialului.
My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2012, 07:50 AM   #4618
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Awesome video! Thank you Skynik.!

It looks like A3 Bucharest-Ploiesti is ready for opening on June 30.
Old June 18th, 2012, 07:52 AM   #4619
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Works on bridge over the Mures river on A1 Orastie-Deva:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian! View Post
Cateva fotografii de pe A1 Orastie-Deva, relizate azi 17.06.2012 cu podul de peste Mures!

Intre Pod Mures si pod Strei vazut dinspre Simeria!
Old June 18th, 2012, 04:37 PM   #4620
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Quote:
Bikers to inaugurate Bucharest – Ploiesti highway segment with Green kilometer event before official opening

June 18, 2012 4:00 pm

For the first time in Romania, cyclists will have access to a finalized section of a highway, just one day before the official opening. The event, called the Green Kilometer, will be held on June 30, one day before the opening of the Bucharest-Ploiesti segment, which is part of the highway A3.

About 10,000 cyclists from Bucharest, Ploiesti and surrounding areas are expected at the event. Participants will start simultaneously from the two ends of the section, Ploiesti and Bucharest. The meeting point of the two groups of riders of this event marks the symbolic name- Green kilometer.

This event addresses all categories of cyclist, amateurs and professionals, those who use bikes for commuting, companies that encourage their employees to ride their bikes to work, regardless of the type and performance of the bikes used.

The goal of this event is to draw attention to the low traffic safety, one of the main problems for cyclists in Romania and to demonstrate that the number of cyclists can increase exponentially when the traffic safety conditions are higher.

The event is a partnership between Bucharest Bikers’ Community (CBB) bicyclist in Bucharest, the Council for Road Safety (CISR), Ministry of Transport and Infrastructure (MTI) and the Organization for the Promotion of Alternative Transport in Romania (Eights), with the support of the Traffic Police Department.
http://www.romania-insider.com/biker...opening/59073/

Might get there for the Bucharest-Ploiesti tour!

Tags
highways, infrastructure, motorways, romania