daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 2nd, 2012, 10:36 AM   #4661
bogdymol
bogdymod

Quote:
Originally Posted by mman2012 View Post
Or not even the projects are not for sure?
You answered yourself
My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 2nd, 2012, 03:01 PM   #4662
PhirgataZFs1694

Likes (Received): 1560

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Clerk View Post
There is not even a discussion about such motorway project because it would be little possible for physical and financial reasons. The motorway would have to go through the Delta (which would not be allowed probably by the EU), and would be very expensive because there would be needed many / mostly viaducts, and neither Romania nor Ukraine have that kind of money, and it is unlikelly that the EU will fund that. The only feasible and planned motorway route to Odessa for the moment is Bucharest-Iasi-Chisinau-Odessa (Corridor IX). There is also an alternative through Bucharest-Braila/Galati, but it's more remote. So the answer is no, not even planned.

BUT, there is indeed a plan for a Constanta-Vama Veche motorway (an extension of A4 basically) but that is also remote IMO.

Ukraine should rather upgrade its road through that region, because it is little possible to even reach by road to Odessa. The road looks like a country-side alley:
I thought you found a way out of it - bypass the delta from the west, build a tunnel, started a PPP project.

Too sad. I have no idea then where they expect the future traffic to come from. It must be a speculation then
PhirgataZFs1694 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2012, 03:37 PM   #4663
mman2012

Likes (Received): 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogdymol View Post
You answered yourself
Quite so...
I suppose asking about the same thing for A4 (Ovidiu - Constanta - Vama Veche) is also a joke
mman2012 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2012, 03:41 PM   #4664
bogdymol
bogdymod

Quote:
I suppose asking about the same thing for A4 (Ovidiu - Constanta - Vama Veche) is also a joke
A4 Constanta bypass is almost completed and should be opened for traffic soon.

A4 Constanta - Vama Veche - BG border is just a promise made by our former Transport Ministry, so nothing concrete.
Old July 2nd, 2012, 03:50 PM   #4665
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19363

Quote:
The motorway would have to go through the Delta (which would not be allowed probably by the EU)
That's one of those fields where the EU becomes too political. If a project conforms to environmental mitigation standards, EU should not be the one to say it can't be constructed. Because the EU then takes over the role of the national parliament. I've seen this with S8 in Poland as well. Although it was a bad idea to construct a motorway there, EU applied political pressure on a domestic problem. That's something the Polish parliament should decide, not some outside bureaucrats.
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2012, 04:17 PM   #4666
kind19

Quote:
You'll get a laugh out of this BUT, is there any place online where I can find the projects (blue-prints / whatever) for the Ploiesti - Comarnic and Comarnic - Rasnov / Brasov sections for A3.
Or even the projects are not for sure?
I think that IPTANA made the project for this highway and they've used ISTRAM program. More than this I can't help you with. I only saw few blueprints on a laptop 2 years ago but basically all projects are already made for most of the future highways in Romania. Those guys are playing with them alot since they need to make feasibility studies many years in advance. I can tell you Comarnic-Brasov is FULL of bridges and viaducts. It's a big mess there.
kind19 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2012, 04:37 PM   #4667
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Likes (Received): 12012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhirgataZFs1694 View Post
I thought you found a way out of it - bypass the delta from the west, build a tunnel, started a PPP project.

Too sad. I have no idea then where they expect the future traffic to come from. It must be a speculation then
The only project I personally read about (and which is feasible but with certain high costs) was the extension of A4 from Constanta to the Bulgarian border, and that's it.
Castles and Mansions in Romania
Le Clerk está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2012, 07:28 PM   #4668
PhirgataZFs1694

Quote:
The only project I personally read about (and which is feasible but with certain high costs) was the extension of A4 from Constanta to the Bulgarian border, and that's it.
I can't see how Constanta - Vama Vece might spawn susch an interest. I doubt that this section has necessay AADT for a motorway. Unless RO government becomes irrational and
1) rises taxes on danube bridges 1&2 so much that using A2 and A4 in RO becomes cheaper
2) stops all works on danube bridges 3&4
Old July 2nd, 2012, 08:52 PM   #4669
bogdymol
bogdymod

Quote:
I can't see how Constanta - Vama Vece might spawn susch an interest. I doubt that this section has necessay AADT for a motorway.
The existing DN39 has 4 lanes and it's ok for the existing traffic. If they really want to do something there they should do a bypass for Agigea, Eforie & Tuzla (common bypass west of Techirghiol lake). This should be enough for the next years.
Old July 2nd, 2012, 09:10 PM   #4670
PhirgataZFs1694

Quote:
The existing DN39 has 4 lanes and it's ok for the existing traffic. If they really want to do something there they should do a bypass for Agigea, Eforie & Tuzla (common bypass west of Techirghiol lake). This should be enough for the next years.
Is it 1x4 or 2x2?
Old July 2nd, 2012, 09:53 PM   #4671
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

2x2. And you are right. There is no need for a motorway at the existing traffic, unless a motorway is built through the coast in Bulgaria too, and from Constanta to CIX to bring traffic from and to Ukraine/Russia and Turkey.

Quote:
Yes. You just wrote my point too.
Old July 2nd, 2012, 10:09 PM   #4672
bogdymol
bogdymod

Quote:
Is it 1x4 or 2x2?
Quote:
2x2.
Actually it's 1x4. Look here.

*except a short stretch in Eforie where it's 1x2, but that causes some delays on busy days...
Old July 2nd, 2012, 10:14 PM   #4673
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Why 1x4? I don't get it.
Old July 2nd, 2012, 10:21 PM   #4674
bogdymol
bogdymod

Quote:
Why 1x4? I don't get it.
1x4 (exit/entrance lanes don't count):

2x2:

On 2x2 you have a physical barrier between the 2 carriageways.
Old July 2nd, 2012, 10:26 PM   #4675
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Oh, OK. I though it was about the direction of lanes. In any case, IMHO, that road could with minimum effort be transformed into an expres: there is enough room for non-grade intersections.
Old July 2nd, 2012, 11:28 PM   #4676
d29

Likes (Received): 70

Quote:
Actually it's 1x4. Look here.

*except a short stretch in Eforie where it's 1x2, but that causes some delays on busy days...
There are actually three lanes in Eforie Nord since about a year ago, one of which is bidirectional depending on traffic. It doesn't seem to show up on Google Maps or Street View.

What's the shortcut for such a setup? 1(1)x2?
d29 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2012, 11:29 PM   #4677
bogdymol
bogdymod

1x3
Old July 2nd, 2012, 11:35 PM   #4678
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19363

Square root 9
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2012, 08:56 AM   #4679
mman2012

Quote:
2x2. And you are right. There is no need for a motorway at the existing traffic, unless a motorway is built through the coast in
The Bulgarians are planning such a motorway (of course it's not going to happen over night).
The road is crowded in the summer and also very dangerous given lots of entries to the resorts where you need to take a left.
As a modern railway would be needed to Mangalia, also a highway would be good for Vama....
(also take into consideration that this would not happen over night and traffic values will increase there in the next years, so planning for a highway would be the right thing to do)
mman2012 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2012, 09:28 AM   #4680
bogdymol
bogdymod

Something is weird with our new Transports Minister. The deadline for A3 Bucharest - Ploiesti was postponed from June 30 to August 1 for "safety issues", although the motorway looks like this on it's entire length:

On the other side, the A2 motorway near Cernavoda should have been opened half-profile on July 14, but was postponed for July 20. A2 looked like this few days ago:

My question: does A2 (second pic) look safer than A3 (first pic), and can A2 be opened for traffic before A3?

*both pictures are taken by Romanian SSC users

Tags
highways, infrastructure, motorways, romania