daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old July 5th, 2012, 11:00 PM   #4701
Mr. Compliant
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Heidelberg
Posts: 2
Likes (Received): 0

Greetings!

Based on the current state of the Romanian Road network, could somebody recommend the optimal route to take from Oradea to Chisinau? From Cluj, would it be quicker to go East to Iasi or to go South to Brasov? Thank you.
Mr. Compliant no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 6th, 2012, 08:16 AM   #4702
ionutz_08
Registered User
 
ionutz_08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: cluj napoca
Posts: 219
Likes (Received): 102

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Compliant View Post
Greetings!

Based on the current state of the Romanian Road network, could somebody recommend the optimal route to take from Oradea to Chisinau? From Cluj, would it be quicker to go East to Iasi or to go South to Brasov? Thank you.
i think it would be quiker to go east to iasi.the road,al least till suceava,it excellent.an because i see a lot of cars with moldavian plates,i guess it's their main route to the west.safe trip
ionutz_08 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2012, 04:40 PM   #4703
Sarmizegetusa
:)
 
Sarmizegetusa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 15
Likes (Received): 0

Omg, nice infrastructure Romania! Hope you're eating EU's Euros with ketchup and pălincă.
Sarmizegetusa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2012, 05:37 PM   #4704
albiman
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,204
Likes (Received): 332

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarmizegetusa View Post
Omg, nice infrastructure Romania! Hope you're eating EU's Euros with ketchup and pălincă.
How do you spell it? Palinka? I think Hungarians and Slovaks have the similar word for the home made alcohol
albiman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2012, 08:10 PM   #4705
jarekles
Registered User
 
jarekles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Wrocław / Gostyń (Poland)
Posts: 1,206
Likes (Received): 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by albiman View Post
How do you spell it? Palinka? I think Hungarians and Slovaks have the similar word for the home made alcohol
I drunk Romanian Palinka :-) very strong and very taste :-)
jarekles no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2012, 09:37 PM   #4706
cornel001
Balamuc
 
cornel001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Bucharest - Titan
Posts: 1,946
Likes (Received): 133

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
Why do they pave the median in Romania? In most of Europe this is not really a common practice except for workzone/emergency access and highway airstrips.
Because they can.
__________________
Space for advertising. 1euro/square mm/day
cornel001 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2012, 09:48 PM   #4707
Sarmizegetusa
:)
 
Sarmizegetusa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 15
Likes (Received): 0

So Romania, 1 year of political instability ahead?
I guess the foreigners won't love this thing, especially the investors...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-18736284
Sarmizegetusa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2012, 09:51 PM   #4708
ChrisZwolle
Road user
 
ChrisZwolle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Zwolle
Posts: 43,603
Likes (Received): 19391

No irrelevant politics here please.
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2012, 09:54 PM   #4709
Sarmizegetusa
:)
 
Sarmizegetusa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 15
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
No irrelevant politics here please.
Investors love to read alot of news about "irrelevant" politics
My fault if I killed a kitten posting that reply.
Sarmizegetusa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2012, 12:00 PM   #4710
Baiazid
BANNED
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 5,022
Likes (Received): 1019

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
Why do they pave the median in Romania? In most of Europe this is not really a common practice except for workzone/emergency access and highway airstrips.
I have no idea. But it is true that the although the construction costs are a bit higher, later on the maintenance costs less, since they don't have to constantly trim the vegetation. So it might be that...
Baiazid no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2012, 12:46 PM   #4711
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED
 
Le Clerk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 35,479
Likes (Received): 12043

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
No irrelevant politics here please.
The relevant issue is though Schengen, or rather the sine die delay of Schengen access by Romania, smth which will impact infrastructure, such as the Vidin-Calafat bridge, or even more, possibly losing EU funds for infrastructure included.
__________________
Rebuilding Bucharest's History: Lipscani Area |Victoriei Ave. | Elisabeta Bld.
Yes, it's Dracula's Castle
Best picture collection of UNESCO sites in Romania
Castles and Mansions in Romania
Le Clerk está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2012, 01:09 PM   #4712
Baiazid
BANNED
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 5,022
Likes (Received): 1019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Clerk View Post
The relevant issue is though Schengen, or rather the sine die delay of Schengen access by Romania, smth which will impact infrastructure, such as the Vidin-Calafat bridge
That's a 2 years old issue and thus has nothing to do with the current political turmoil. Let's first wait the Autumn and the things to calm down before we think pessimistic. As far as I know, Calafat - Vidin bridge should/will open in the Spring of 2013. So no need to jump to conclusions yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Clerk View Post
or even more, possibly losing EU funds for infrastructure included.
That's again an year or more old issue, due to the tender troubles and execution issues on the A1. So that also has nothing to do with the political turmoil of last week. Anyway, we're talking only about warnings. The Goverment, regardless of who's part of it, has to solve the warned issues.

Further, let's not be pessimistic and wait the 2014-2020 budget negotiations before talking about "lost funds".

Except the recent announcement of the opening of both A2 Cernavoda - Medgidia - half profile and A3 Bucuresti Ring - Ploiesti on the 20th of this month, there are actually no news about road infrastructure in the past few days.
Baiazid no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2012, 01:46 PM   #4713
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED
 
Le Clerk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 35,479
Likes (Received): 12043

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baiazid View Post
That's a 2 years old issue and thus has nothing to do with the current political turmoil. Let's first wait the Autumn and the things to calm down before we think pessimistic. As far as I know, Calafat - Vidin bridge should/will open in the Spring of 2013. So no need to jump to conclusions yet.

Schengen was specifically targeted by EU officials as a sanction against the latest "inappropriate" developments in Romania. Furthermore, the EC Report on MCV has already been delayed to include these developments too, and the result will not be good for Romania; Schengen will be the first negatively affected, that's almost a given; and it will not be repaired until a few good years, that is, if things go all right, which is unlikelly.

So, my predictions: Schengen accession delayed for at least 3-4 years, which means all terestrial borders will not be lifted in the meanwhile.

Quote:
That's again an year or more old issue, due to the tender troubles and execution issues on the A1. So that also has nothing to do with the political turmoil of last week. Anyway, we're talking only about warnings. The Goverment, regardless of who's part of it, has to solve the warned issues.

Further, let's not be pessimistic and wait the 2014-2020 budget negotiations before talking about "lost funds".

Except the recent announcement of the opening of both A2 Cernavoda - Medgidia - half profile and A3 Bucuresti Ring - Ploiesti on the 20th of this month, there are actually no news about road infrastructure in the past few days.
The Commission has the power to sanction members by cutting off funds. If that happpens or not, we'll see. Yet, the Commission is very pissed off now.
__________________
Rebuilding Bucharest's History: Lipscani Area |Victoriei Ave. | Elisabeta Bld.
Yes, it's Dracula's Castle
Best picture collection of UNESCO sites in Romania
Castles and Mansions in Romania
Le Clerk está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2012, 01:55 PM   #4714
Baiazid
BANNED
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 5,022
Likes (Received): 1019

Let's all calm down and actually see what the decisions will be. "Hoping" for the worse ain't helping at all...
Baiazid no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2012, 01:57 PM   #4715
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED
 
Le Clerk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 35,479
Likes (Received): 12043

I am hoping that all these will not happen. This doesn't mean that they are not clear and present dangers.
__________________
Rebuilding Bucharest's History: Lipscani Area |Victoriei Ave. | Elisabeta Bld.
Yes, it's Dracula's Castle
Best picture collection of UNESCO sites in Romania
Castles and Mansions in Romania
Le Clerk está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2012, 04:07 PM   #4716
Baiazid
BANNED
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 5,022
Likes (Received): 1019

Let's get back to the motorways issues

On Thursday, the Prime Minister visited the whole A3 Bucharest Rind Road - Ploiesti toghether with the Transportation Ministry and the General Manager of the National Road and Motorways Company. At the end of the visit they've announced as irrevocable opening date for both A3 Bucharest Ring Road - Ploiesti (56 km) and A2 Cernavoda - Medgidia (20 km, half profile) + Medgidia - Ciocarlia (16 km, full profile) on the 20th of July.

By that opening, A2 get's finally completed from Bucharest to Constanta, after 28 years. The works begun in 1984 with Fetesti - Cernavoda section, including the bridges over Danube opened in 1986. In 1987 the works begun on Bucuresti - Fetesti section, but they were abandoned in 1991. In 2002, the works on the Bucuresti - Fetesti section were resumed and later Fetesti - Cernavoda was upgraded. By 2007 the A2 was complete from Bucharest to Cernavoda (150 km).

Works on the remaining 52 km to Constanta were started in 2008. After many delays, including a termination of a contract with Colas (France) for Cernavoda - Medgidia, starting with the 20th of July, after 28 years, we'll finally be able to drive from Bucharest to Constanta exclusively on the A2 motorway.

The missing half profile between Cernavoda and Medgidia is due to be opened in the Spring of 2013.

Last edited by Baiazid; July 7th, 2012 at 04:18 PM.
Baiazid no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2012, 09:10 PM   #4717
nenea_hartia
Skeptic
 
nenea_hartia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Romania
Posts: 3,714
Likes (Received): 233

Ongoing works on Lot 1 of Orăştie-Sibiu motorway, part of A1 (contractor Strabag):

- overpass on motorway over secondary road DJ705B, km 16+725:



- earthworks, km 16+500-17+500:









- bridge on motorway over creek Pianu and agricultural road, km 21+005:



nenea_hartia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2012, 09:24 AM   #4718
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED
 
Le Clerk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 35,479
Likes (Received): 12043

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Clerk View Post
Schengen was specifically targeted by EU officials as a sanction against the latest "inappropriate" developments in Romania. Furthermore, the EC Report on MCV has already been delayed to include these developments too, and the result will not be good for Romania; Schengen will be the first negatively affected, that's almost a given; and it will not be repaired until a few good years, that is, if things go all right, which is unlikelly.

So, my predictions: Schengen accession delayed for at least 3-4 years, which means all terestrial borders will not be lifted in the meanwhile.
Again, I hope I am not right:

Quote:
Guido Westerwelle: "We will not ignore the developments in Romania"

The federal government has shown great concern over the developments in Romania. After the Romanian Parliament decided on Friday evening impeachment proceedings against President Traian Basescu had said German Foreign Minister Guido Westerwelle (FDP), the fear that political conflicts in the country would take place at the expense of "fundamental European values." Westerwelle said the "Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung" (FAS), "the basic principles of democracy, rule of law and constitutional separation of powers" should not be negotiable. The federal government would "not ignore it." Political developments such as in Romania

Westerwelle called for the introduction of new instruments to act better in the future against the infringement of European values. "We need mechanisms to enable us to quickly respond together when an EU partner country fails to respect the letter or spirit of the European community of values ​​in a serious manner," said German Foreign Minister of the FAS "The methods available for it are obviously too bulky." From the Foreign Office's assessment is heard, the theoretical possibility for the Council and European Parliament, political sanctions is without practical relevance, since the legal hurdles are too high.

Westerwelle is even further integration of Romania into the European Union in question: "Serious violations of the letter and spirit of the European community of values ​​were also questions about the suitability of Romania pose to make the final steps to full integration into the European Union." Above all, the country's accession to the Schengen area is still pending.
[...]
http://www.faz.net/aktuell/politik/a...-11813233.html

Good bye Schengen!
__________________
Rebuilding Bucharest's History: Lipscani Area |Victoriei Ave. | Elisabeta Bld.
Yes, it's Dracula's Castle
Best picture collection of UNESCO sites in Romania
Castles and Mansions in Romania
Le Clerk está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2012, 04:00 PM   #4719
Sarmizegetusa
:)
 
Sarmizegetusa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 15
Likes (Received): 0

Strabag... Strabag everywhere!
Sarmizegetusa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2012, 04:10 PM   #4720
medicu' de garda
Moderator de garda
 
medicu' de garda's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bucharest
Posts: 1,798
Likes (Received): 1368

Hmm, not so much as it seems. In this country, Astaldi rules for quite some time, on both national and Bucharest projects.
__________________
Trust me, I'm an east-european doctor.
medicu' de garda no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
highways, infrastructure, motorways, romania

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 10:03 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

tech management by Sysprosium