daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 4th, 2012, 11:00 AM   #4961
and802

Likes (Received): 55

^ my. bad you are right. no commsioners. council.
and802 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 4th, 2012, 11:09 AM   #4962
mcarling

Likes (Received): 491

Quote:
Originally Posted by metacatfry View Post
The EU Commission is not the body that decides the overall size and allocation of the structural funds, it is the European Council.
No, the organ which you describe is the Council of the European Union. The European Council is a different EU organ.
mcarling no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2012, 11:51 AM   #4963
metacatfry

Likes (Received): 22

The one I had in mind was the one with that dude mister Rompuy. That's the European Council. It consists of all the top dogs from member states i.e. presidents or prime ministers. (heads of state/heads of government).
You are right there is also the eerily similar Council of the European Union, meetings of which consists of ministers from member states of specific areas.
But Still, I think, I THINK, I have it right when I meant 'The European Concil'.
Here's their homepage:http://www.european-council.europa.e...tution?lang=en
And here's the Council of the European Union:http://www.consilium.europa.eu/council?lang=en

No, not similar at all
metacatfry no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2012, 12:05 PM   #4964
mcarling

See Articles 15 and 16 TEU (Lisbon). The European Council has no budgetary powers. The Council of the European Union does have budgetary powers (together with the European Parliament).
Old September 4th, 2012, 04:19 PM   #4965
metacatfry

Doesn't that just mean that whatever program or agreement is produced by the European Council has to be agreed to by parliament? In that sense you could say the parliament is the body that makes decisions about the cohesion funding. I will however defer to you if you feel confident because I sure as hell don't!
Old September 4th, 2012, 05:00 PM   #4966
mcarling

Quote:
Doesn't that just mean that whatever program or agreement is produced by the European Council has to be agreed to by parliament? In that sense you could say the parliament is the body that makes decisions about the cohesion funding.
No, most of what the European Council does is to decide political questions, like accession of new member states, amendment to the EU treaties, etc. Nowadays accession does need to be approved by the EU Parliament.

The EU Parliament has been gaining power. How it works in practice is that the Commission comes up with a proposal and then the Council (of the EU, not the European Council) and the Parliament go back and forth on it. It used to be that the Parliament would just rubber stamp whatever was decided in the Council on budgetary questions, but that's not true anymore. If the Council agrees with all the details in the Commission's proposal, then I guess the Parliament would go along. However, if the Council changes anything in the Commission's proposal, then I would expect the Parliament to look closely at which variant they prefer and possibly stake out a position different from those of the Council and the Commission.

Quote:
I will however defer to you if you feel confident because I sure as hell don't!
One of the classes I teach is Introduction to EU Law, so I may sometimes be too confident.
Old September 4th, 2012, 10:55 PM   #4967
metacatfry

Your description is how I understand things to be. And after browsing the homepages I linked I agree 'The Council of the European Union' is the decision makers about funding allocations from 2014, not 'The European Council'.
Nobody has mentioned that there also exist a different organization called 'The Council of Europe'! Not part of the EU organization though. Are we in Europe just not very imaginative or what?
Old September 4th, 2012, 11:07 PM   #4968
mcarling

Quote:
Your description is how I understand things to be. And after browsing the homepages I linked I agree 'The Council of the European Union' is the decision makers about funding allocations from 2014, not 'The European Council'.
Nobody has mentioned that there also exist a different organization called 'The Council of Europe'! Not part of the EU organization though. Are we in Europe just not very imaginative or what?
Years ago, I had an exam question which was something like: "Explain the differences in composition, selection, responsibilities, and procedures of the European Council, the Council of Europe, the European Union Council, and the Council of the European Union." Fortunately, I understood that the "European Union Council" was fictitious and added to make the question more challenging.
Old September 5th, 2012, 09:48 AM   #4969
iuli

Likes (Received): 24

A1 Timisoara - Lugoj lot 1
Pictures made yesterday, 10 days before deadline for opening.

http://iuliblue.blogspot.com/2012/09...4092012-1.html

http://iuliblue.blogspot.com/2012/09...4092012-2.html

http://iuliblue.blogspot.com/2012/09...4092012-3.html

http://iuliblue.blogspot.com/2012/09...4092012-4.html
iuli no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2012, 11:11 AM   #4970
crashu

Likes (Received): 21

http://www.zf.ro/special/santierele-...r-0-3-10020841
Noi suntem romani, noi suntem romani/Noi suntem pe veci aici stapani/Hai, romani,lumea ne vede/Romania-n noi se-ncrede/Ca de-acum romanu-n lume/Va fi vrednic de-al sau nume/Noi suntem romani, noi suntem romani/Noi suntem urmasi de-ai lui Traďan.
crashu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2012, 12:57 PM   #4971
Zagor666
Motomaniac

Likes (Received): 349

I found this picture in the net,the dude who made this one claims that this was on the Transfaragas road

Zagor666 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2012, 02:27 PM   #4972
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Likes (Received): 12038

Quote:
Originally Posted by and802 View Post
this very interesting...

but if you read it you will understand this message means nothing. a state secretary of one of Romanian Ministry has nothing to do with dealing with EU budget. I believe it is known for everybody. so if somebody tells you anything about what he/she cannot control, how to treat it ?

-as some good news
-no news at all
-publisher is crazy

and since holidays are over and 9/12 is a big day for all parites in Romania, I believe we all understand this is just a promised very tasty but never-seen-yet cake for election. decisions are taken in Brussels not in Bucuresti.

spiderman, once you publish EU commisioner statement without words: "would", "could", "might", "should" this will be definately good news. all others is just a crap.
Fail! One foreign word for you: "seemingly".

The bait has worked through well.

PS: Still butthurt with me. :-)
Castles and Mansions in Romania
Le Clerk está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2012, 02:27 PM   #4973
crashu

Likes (Received): 21

it looks like a romanian road.. but if you read the link to the picture you will see that the picture si probably taken near Sinaia (bearinsinaia.jpg)
Noi suntem romani, noi suntem romani/Noi suntem pe veci aici stapani/Hai, romani,lumea ne vede/Romania-n noi se-ncrede/Ca de-acum romanu-n lume/Va fi vrednic de-al sau nume/Noi suntem romani, noi suntem romani/Noi suntem urmasi de-ai lui Traďan.
crashu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2012, 03:20 PM   #4974
and802

Le Clerk/spiderman,

at first a hint for you:
please mind your language, your words do not hurt my ego, but definately your words show what kind of language you speak.

now about your bait. apparently I understood the foreign word, but again, too optimisitcally I assumed you would work it out. hmmm ... you did not. please do not spam this thread with your news. there is no point to publish/quote anything which do not reflect facts. you keep doing it, although 2 days ago you asked to clean the mess here, so I assumed (optimisitcally) you wanted to have it professional. anyway your inconsistency does overtime. not to mention you kept saying abot not replying to my posts...

but definately ask yourself (usualy it works the best if you stand in front of a mirror):

what is the purpose on my presence here ?

a) if the answer is: to deliver news like "Godzilla aproaching Tokyo"

then please find a thread with disney cartoons like you did with a sipderman picture. btw the you made my day with the picture of siderman. a pity you quickly deleted it ...

b) if the answer is do deliver facts and figures
then please stop writing here
Old September 5th, 2012, 03:34 PM   #4975
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19389

Why are you so obsessed with what LeClerk posts? Sounds scary.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2012, 03:39 PM   #4976
Zagor666
Motomaniac

Likes (Received): 349

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashu View Post
it looks like a romanian road.. but if you read the link to the picture you will see that the picture si probably taken near Sinaia (bearinsinaia.jpg)
But Sinaia is also in Romania,right?Nevermind where exactly it is,its a beautiful picture
Zagor666 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2012, 04:21 PM   #4977
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Likes (Received): 12038

Not many bears near Transagarasan. Most probably near Sinaia.
Castles and Mansions in Romania
Le Clerk está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2012, 04:52 PM   #4978
and802

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
hmm, maybe I should not ?
I follow this thread quite carefully, because I am very interested in romanian infrastructure.

now you may say I am not objective (at present porbably I am not), but could not meet any other user here who spread so much wrong/useless/not confirmed information.

you see for last 15 years i have been running complex projects (not in motorway industry), as you know - better than I do - motorway construction is a tough job.
now, just cross Le Clerk's picture of developing romanian motorways with reality then ... let me not finish.

you know there is a very harmful understanding of a blondie girl intellect. they are not clever, copy/paste data, forward without understanding, etc. and lately I have cought myself thinking LeCkerk is a blondie girl. does not input any real value but says a lot.

anyway, you are a boss here. I find your post as a public suggestion to stop it. I got it.
Old September 5th, 2012, 11:56 PM   #4979
nenea_hartia
Skeptic

Likes (Received): 233

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
I honestly must say that I'm nostalgic over good old times when tens of Romanian users were posting facts and pics over this thread. Now it is just a copy/paste waste of time. This could be done by a bot, Chris. Or you could simply post a link towards Romanian speaking threads. They are more reliable, because those users have actually seen those pieces of infrastructure they are posting.
nenea_hartia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2012, 12:58 AM   #4980
and802

and that is the point. I am foreigner, I cannot go to romanian language thread, because I cannot understand it. people who are close to Romanian motorways are Romanians, not poles, dutch, or any other nation. they post in their own language, there is no need to express their thoughts/observation in english.
so what happened they left ?

sometimes i compare it with polsih thread. there are many users there, different opinions, but generally no wrong/useless/fake information. if poles can do it (quite complicated nation with a lot of tenses) why not romanians ?

here the majority of "news" belongs to one guy who does not understand anything about the reality, does not remember his own opinions, but collects posts like airline miles (census ? why not, bear in sinaia ? why not)
chriszwolle - I believe - you should also keep an eye on the value of information posted here and somehow encourage other romanians to share information here.

Tags
highways, infrastructure, motorways, romania