daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 15th, 2009, 06:05 PM   #481
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19391

They are building a road/railbridge near Vidin if I'm correct.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 15th, 2009, 06:13 PM   #482
and802

Likes (Received): 55

PL vs. RO/BG reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
They are building a road/railbridge near Vidin if I'm correct.

and my experience is whispering to my ear it will take ages as in Poland ... right ?
and802 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2009, 06:16 PM   #483
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19391

Well, no offense to our Romanian and Bulgarian friends, but the area is indeed in one of the most corrupt regions of the European Union, so funding and construction are issues.

Here's a wikipedia article about the bridge:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calafat-Vidin_Bridge
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2009, 06:41 PM   #484
and802

well, I live in Poland and since 1989 main ammo of each government was highways construction. now I think there is a plan (almost doable) of covering Poland with modern transportation network by the end of 2012. I believe now if it comes construction there is NO corruption at all (public bidding system is quite complicated and should reveal all inconsistencies). the disadvantage of that is it takes ages. you as a bidder can really slow down the process if you loose the bid. you can go to the commercial court and protest it. in some cases the bids were cancelled and POlish Road Authorities had to do it from scratch.... well this goes beyond this thread, at least Romanian one.

the reason I am putting it to your attention is that once you fight over the corruption in Romania you will face the reality which is not velvet...

by the way let me tell you how I can recognize the progess in Poland. It was officialy annouced that for last two years there were signed construction contracts for 400 km of motorways and another 400 km of expressways. this brings me to the conclusion one day my kids would benefit of it. how about Romania ? how much are you advanced ?
Old July 15th, 2009, 08:25 PM   #485
bozata90

Likes (Received): 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by and802 View Post
many thanks for update.

last thing. how about Ruse border crossing ? am I going to expect long-lasting queue ? or you would go for another border crossing. is there any other RO/BG bridge crossing over Danube river worthy to try out ?
If there is queue at all, it will be fast moving - there is a one-stop control in force between Bg and RO...

For the bridges - there are plans for one or two more bridges (after the Vidin-Calafat one), but there is a general geo-politics question: these are not a priority on the Romanian side, since they do not want to shift the traffic going to Constata to land... they will lose their profit... Bulgaria, too has not got a first-class road infrastructure in its North - especially the north-south routes (I mean there are no motorways there - this is our fault).
bozata90 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2009, 08:44 PM   #486
and802

Quote:
Originally Posted by bozata90 View Post
there is a general geo-politics question: these are not a priority on the Romanian side, since they do not want to shift the traffic going to Constata to land... they will lose their profit... Bulgaria, too has not got a first-class road infrastructure in its North - especially the north-south routes (I mean there are no motorways there - this is our fault).
looks like both governments forgot of tourism income.

my appeal to citziens of Romania & Bulgaria: send key-players of your politican arenas for holidays in Spain/Italy/Austria/Croatia/Greece to open their eyes how much money their governments make on tourists.

now seriously. I understand politicans are fully aware. the question is what makes them do that ?

http://www.worldmapper.org/posters/w...map25_ver5.pdf
Old July 15th, 2009, 09:51 PM   #487
panda80

Likes (Received): 333

Quote:

by the way let me tell you how I can recognize the progess in Poland. It was officialy annouced that for last two years there were signed construction contracts for 400 km of motorways and another 400 km of expressways. this brings me to the conclusion one day my kids would benefit of it. how about Romania ? how much are you advanced ?
Romania is also progressing, but at a slower pace.This year 42km of motorway will be opened, next year 80-90km and in 2011 probably more than 150.Then, it's very possible to open between 100 and 200km every year till 2015.These are my previsions.
About the road in romania: DN7 is very good regarding road surface, better then hungarian 43 national road.the road has been rehabilitated recently, you may still experience some works, but in general the road is finished.I've been last week on the whole road from nadlac to bucharest.I don't think is better to travel by night because trucks are allowed to travel only by night.So you can experience the same traffic.But you can do the distance from nadlac to bucharest in 9 hours.
If you come from Poland you can also choose the following road:
poprad-miskolc-debrecen-oradea- cluj-napoca -sighisoara-brasov-bucharest road(DN1+DN13).
From cluj napoca to bucharest you can go also via alba iulia-sebes-sibiu-pitesti road(DN1+DN13).In both case the road condition is good, without potholes.
panda80 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2009, 10:43 PM   #488
and802

many thanks !

good luck with your motoway plan (the same goes to Poles, cause we are in the same awful conditions)
Old July 18th, 2009, 12:21 PM   #489
nebunul
Basarabia e Romania

Likes (Received): 481

Quote:
and my experience is whispering to my ear it will take ages as in Poland ... right ?
Well as Chris said, is U/C
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?p=38235740

Quote:
Southern Bukovina and honestly saying the roads were FULL of potholes.
Unfortunately you cannot get any worse than SBucovina roads I hope you took E85 afterwards

Timpul pentru Unire niciodată nu va veni de la sine, dacă nu-l vom face şi aduce fiecare dintre noi, cei care ne dorim Unirea cu adevărat.
“DACĂ VISUL UNORA A FOST SĂ AJUNGĂ ÎN COSMOS, EU VIAŢA ÎNTREAGĂ AM VISAT SĂ TREC PRUTUL” (GRIGORE VIERU)

Last edited by nebunul; July 18th, 2009 at 12:29 PM.
nebunul no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2009, 06:42 PM   #490
Miguel_PL

Likes (Received): 49

Quote:
many thanks !

good luck with your motoway plan (the same goes to Poles, cause we are in the same awful conditions)
We are NOT in the same conditions!
Miguel_PL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2009, 09:06 PM   #491
wyqtor
Coexist

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miguel_PL View Post
We are NOT in the same conditions!
Yes, unfortunately for us Poland is very much ahead in motorway construction, and it also has this 2x2 road linking Warsaw and Katowice. The big majority of our cities are still connected by jammed 2 laned roads.
wyqtor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2009, 09:53 AM   #492
and802

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebunul View Post

Unfortunately you cannot get any worse than SBucovina roads I hope you took E85 afterwards
actually I do not remember E85, the really worst was in the time of my visit a road between Bicaz Gorges and Pink Lake (Lacu Rosu).
Old July 19th, 2009, 11:40 PM   #493
nebunul
Basarabia e Romania

yeah quite bad. btw potholes have been repaired lately; but still it needs to be fully rehabilitated
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeR7U0ThJeM&feature=fvw

E85 (DN2) 450km) is quite OK but goes through many villages
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6V79fRwBdo

Timpul pentru Unire niciodată nu va veni de la sine, dacă nu-l vom face şi aduce fiecare dintre noi, cei care ne dorim Unirea cu adevărat.
“DACĂ VISUL UNORA A FOST SĂ AJUNGĂ ÎN COSMOS, EU VIAŢA ÎNTREAGĂ AM VISAT SĂ TREC PRUTUL” (GRIGORE VIERU)

Last edited by nebunul; July 19th, 2009 at 11:49 PM.
Old July 20th, 2009, 12:04 AM   #494
nebunul
Basarabia e Romania

PS Drive through Brasov http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ys07KQcWwg0

Old July 20th, 2009, 02:48 AM   #495
and802

Brasov

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebunul View Post

it was on 07/2001 last time I was in Braşov/Kronstadt/Brassó. as I can recall road conditions from the past I am able to spot the difference !
Old July 20th, 2009, 12:21 PM   #496
nebunul
Basarabia e Romania

Quote:
it was on 07/2001 last time I was in Braşov/Kronstadt/Brassó. as I can recall road conditions from the past I am able to spot the difference !
2009 is better ... I hope

Cheia - Brasov (1)

Cheia - Brasov (2)

Cheia - Brasov (3)

Old July 20th, 2009, 01:32 PM   #497
and802

that guy is driving too fast I am afraid, cannot notice road conditions

no, seriously, very nice route, perfect conditions, maybe to windy, but what to do - Carpatian mountains !
Old July 20th, 2009, 08:17 PM   #498
nebunul
Basarabia e Romania

Quote:
that guy is driving too fast I am afraid, cannot notice road conditions!
I have to agree

Old July 20th, 2009, 10:49 PM   #499
panda80

Likes (Received): 333

the videos are between maneciu and cheia on DN1A, and the chronological order is 2-1-3.In the third video, one can see the entrance in cheia.Indeed this road is very pictuoresque, and asphalt is very good.
panda80 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2009, 01:01 PM   #500
commodore

Likes (Received): 43

Newest section of A1 motorway. Watch in HD

commodore no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
highways, infrastructure, motorways, romania