daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 12th, 2012, 09:44 AM   #5021
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Likes (Received): 12043

A1 (Orastie-Sibiu) works, including the Aciliu and Sacel viaduts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovisopa View Post
Pun pozele si aici, initial pe google am gasit doar threadul cu Pan-European Corridor IV.

In august am mai facut poze pe A1, tronsonul Orastie - Sibiu, intre kilometrii 55 - 82, le puteti vedea la adresa de mai jos :

POZE Autostrada A1 (Orastie - Sibiu)

Castles and Mansions in Romania
Le Clerk está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 12th, 2012, 09:47 AM   #5022
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

More Orastie-Sibiu:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dojaalex View Post
Tronsonul Sebes-Cunta

Zona km 38 vedere spre Sebes

Zona km 38 vedere spre Sibiu

Zona km 40 vedere spre Sibiu

Zona km 42 vedere spre Sebes

Zona km 42 vedere spre Sibiu Debleu
Old September 12th, 2012, 11:34 PM   #5023
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Some bullshit "confirmations":

Quote:
The Chinese get involved in Bucharest suspended motorway project

Bucharest mayor Sorin Oprescu met Tuesday a delegation of China Communication Constructions Company Limited (CCCC International) to discuss the project named ‘Closing the Median Traffic Ring in the North Area – the Urban Motorway - Lacul Morii-Colentina Avenue Project,’ the Bucharest Municipality (PMB) announced.

The talks focused on presenting the final form of the project, as approved by the General Council of the Bucharest Municipality, and identifying the best financing solutions.

According to Oprescu, the Municipality is interested to start the project in a public-private partnership regime, in order to update the infrastructure of the city, while also allowing partners to recover their investment in optimum conditions.

“This is a very important project for us. (...) I want it to be a successful investment, in a successful collaboration. It is very important for Bucharest to attract financing in concrete projects, like this one. I don’t want to waste time and we must have a pragmatic attitude, so that we jointly inaugurate this project, Mayor Oprescu said.

According to the same source, the presence of financing institution China Developement Bank officials in the meeting is a signal that the partners really want to participate in this project.

Song Debin, senior manager with CCCC International, confirmed the interest for financing the project over a long-term interval.

“We want to complete this investment. We have a rich expertise in public-private partnership projects and we enjoy the support of the Chinese government and of banks,” he added.

At the conclusion of talks, the CCCC International official announced that his company already initiated the analyses of the documentation and will soon inform the Bucharest Municipality about its proposals.

China Communication Constructions Company Limited is one of the top motorway and bridge design and construction companies, with 81 branches in 70 countries.
http://www.bucharestherald.ro/dailye...torway-project
Old September 12th, 2012, 11:37 PM   #5024
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19391

Suspended, does that mean on-hold or elevated?
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2012, 11:57 PM   #5025
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Elevated, but this is mere wording. Some sections will be at ground level, others are planned underground (under a lake actually) and a few elevated.

Last edited by Le Clerk; September 13th, 2012 at 07:55 AM.
Old September 13th, 2012, 10:24 AM   #5026
medicu' de garda
Moderator de garda

Likes (Received): 1368

"Suspended" is the romanian word for it, and newspeople alwasys get it wrong when translating. Even in romanian it sounds funky, because it also means on-hold/cancelled, which is more like what's happening today .

For those foreigners who might not know, the elevated expressway project (the way it should be called), is the curent mayor's idea of building a massive urban expressway in the north of Bucharest, that would fill the northern gap in the city's second ring. It is designed to be a fast connection between the west, north and north-eastern parts of town, following the existing Bucuresti-Constanta railway, with no at level junctions for most of the way, having 2 or 3 lanes in each direction. It is a ridiculously expensive project, by bucharestian standards, at 6,83 billion LEI/ 1,5 billion EUR!! There are many elevated sections of the road, the junctions are complex (one includes two levels of tunnels!!), there is a 2-3 km tunnel on the expressway itself that underpasses Herastrau park and Baneasa railway station + the expropiations will be very costly. Everybody is skeptical that this project will ever actually start, even with a PPP contract. How would they ever get their money back?

For those who want to see the project, I've found a video:

Which was taken from HERE

The project is also available at the mayor's site: HERE. Just click on the individual links.
Old September 13th, 2012, 11:29 AM   #5027
and802

Likes (Received): 55

urban projects are quite expensive. in poland - for example - the total cost of just finished city expressway (s8) was 0,7 bln euro for 10,4 km (http://s8.konotopa-prymasa.pl/)
how long is this one ?
and802 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2012, 01:14 PM   #5028
medicu' de garda
Moderator de garda

13,15 kilometres...

Add to that another major project that is somewhat linked to this one, that has another ~8 km, that should be constructed in the same time frame. The express link between the A1 motorway and the riverside boulevard, creating a continuous, fast, wide entrance, with no at-grade junctions, leading to the centre of the city, and conecting to the city's two ring boulevards. I don't know where they will find the money for all of this .
Old September 13th, 2012, 01:35 PM   #5029
and802

... so it is not going to work. romanian budget is around 200 billion euro. I do not think you will be willing to spend 1,5 billion euro (even if you 75% comes from EU)for one 13,15 km long section of highway.
Old September 13th, 2012, 02:25 PM   #5030
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

If anything, it'll be funded under the Bucharest budget ~ eur 1.5 B, or from loans taken by the municipality (not under national budget). The local council which is majority pro-mayor has already approved loans in value of eur 1.5 B for several infrastructure projects. However, this is far from having financing and the prospect of a private investment (even coming from the Chinese) is improbable.

PS: no money comes from the EU for Bucharest infrastructure. Bucharest does not qualify for EU funding for infrastructure as it has a GDP/capita above EU average.
Old September 13th, 2012, 02:49 PM   #5031
medicu' de garda
Moderator de garda

Le Clerk is right, Bucharest will have to handle the construction by itself. So it's hard to believe that this project will become a reality, when we still have so many others still waiting for funding in Bucharest, a few of them already in construction at a snails pace (thanks to our idiot mayor that started them without checking the city budget).

I have to correct Le Clerk, Bucharest IS ELIGIBLE for EU funds, albeit for a very few projects, at least until 2014. After that we may lose the right for european money forever. The problem is, our imbecil of a mayor never sent a project for sponsoring by the EU. Theree is only one still pending for funding, for an underpass in one of our most congested intersections in the south, - Piata Sudului- on the central ring. If all goes to plan, next year the works should start.
Old September 13th, 2012, 02:55 PM   #5032
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

In 2007/before, when certain (little) EU funding for Bucharest was approved, I thing Bucharest was a bit below EU average. Now it is about 110% of EU average so from 2014 on it'll not qualify anymore to EU funding.

Last edited by Le Clerk; September 13th, 2012 at 04:57 PM.
Old September 13th, 2012, 10:15 PM   #5033
Groningen NL

Likes (Received): 157

like said before, urban freeways are just expensive. For instance, in my city (pop 200.000) we are planning to built an 5 km ring road stretch. 650 mln...
http://www.aanpakringzuid.nl/

I have to admit the project is more than building an 2x2 road though.
Groningen NL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2012, 11:36 PM   #5034
eurocopter

Likes (Received): 2043

Quote:
Originally Posted by and802 View Post
... so it is not going to work. romanian budget is around 200 billion euro. I do not think you will be willing to spend 1,5 billion euro (even if you 75% comes from EU)for one 13,15 km long section of highway.
Are you kidding? Romanian national budget is around 30 billion euro, or less, whilst the total GDP is around 130 billion euro.

Last edited by eurocopter; September 13th, 2012 at 11:41 PM.
eurocopter no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2012, 11:45 PM   #5035
and802

you are right, i should have meant GDP, took data from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy...ational_budget
265 bill usd is around 200 bill euro
Old September 14th, 2012, 12:05 AM   #5036
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19391

You can't compare multi-year investments with the annual budget or GDP. Not all of the money is spent in one year. In fact, many DFBM contracts run for 20 years or more.
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2012, 12:33 AM   #5037
and802

It was not even my intention to do that. For me it was a quick comparison of the country ability vs. price for a new road.
Old September 14th, 2012, 12:35 AM   #5038
Zagor666
Motomaniac

Likes (Received): 349

realy nice videos roata
is the a4 gonna reach tulcea somewhen,when i was there last time there wasnt any motorway around constanta.a little strange to me that timisoara isnt signed on the distance sign but arad and especialy nadlac is.i dont get it why many sign border towns instead of signing big and well known cities
Zagor666 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2012, 12:59 AM   #5039
tanashubav

Likes (Received): 1977

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Clerk View Post
This is the route I would take - the inner ring to avoid the Bucharest ring. The route has less traffic lights and generally less traffic than crossing Bucharest directly through downtown.

Sorry, I don't know how to use GEarth for directions, maybe someone can help.

tanashubav no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2012, 09:08 PM   #5040
bogdymol
bogdymod

Few pics taken by me today on A1 Timisoara-Arad motorway.

A1, Arad bypass, before Mures bridge. Electronic sign says to wear the seatbelt.

And some fresh pics from Timisoara exit.

A1, Giarmata (Timisoara) exit, which is still u/c. What you see it's the stabilized ballast layer, covered with bitumen emulsion.

The limit between Arad-Timisoara motorway and Timisoara-Lugoj, lot 1 sector which is still u/c (contractor: romanian company UMB). As you can see, that motorway stretch is almost completed and will be opened in the last day of September.

My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
highways, infrastructure, motorways, romania