daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 1st, 2012, 07:34 PM   #5181
JackFrost
Hun Solo

Likes (Received): 11828

so except for sibiu-ploiesti section there will be a motorway to bucharest by the end of 2014. sounds really nice. i cant wait to drive on it.

when is the missing section gonna be tendered? is it true that these 117 kms will cost approx 3 billion euros?
JackFrost no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 1st, 2012, 07:45 PM   #5182
Night Fury
Night Owl

Likes (Received): 722

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Frost View Post
so except for sibiu-ploiesti section there will be a motorway to bucharest by the end of 2014. sounds really nice. i cant wait to drive on it.
You probably meant Sibiu-Pitesti.
Night Fury no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2012, 07:58 PM   #5183
JackFrost
Hun Solo

dammit, i always mix that 2 up. of course pitesti. thanx
Old November 1st, 2012, 11:12 PM   #5184
danielstan

Location: Pitesti, RO // Helsinki Final Act 1975, Point 3) Inviolability of frontiers
Likes (Received): 407

Yes, it's true the 3 billion euros cost.

That highway passes a hilly region where there are frequent land slides and then enters the Olt Valley where some tunnels are needed.
danielstan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2012, 10:57 AM   #5185
EduardSA

Likes (Received): 699

I think Sibiu-Pitesti will probably only be tendered in 2014, since it will be financed from the 2014-2020 EU budget.
EduardSA no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2012, 03:59 PM   #5186
PhirgataZFs1694

Likes (Received): 1560

According to a bulgarian news agency a new Romanian transportational plan states that Romania and BG should built 6 new bridges across the Danube and a railway from Nadlac to Constanta for 250kmh.

1)Is this correct? Could you introduce your ministry's plans in more detail? Maps would be greatly appreciated

2)Where should be those 6 new bridges be built?

Thank you in advance!
PhirgataZFs1694 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2012, 04:23 PM   #5187
alwn

Likes (Received): 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by MirceaValahRO View Post
van_allen78
you made me sad. be cause of the roads and for the social reasons.
maybe in long term we'll have a decent road strategy .
Don't feel sad for the words of van_allen78. It is just a typical Transylvanian mentality. they consider themselves superior to the rest of Romanians. Their "superiority" came from the former status of Austrian&Hungarin province. Because the status of "Hungarian province" doesnt sound really good they push forward with that Austrian heritage even it is not exactly correct historical speaking..

And of course Bucharest, always Bucharest a bad city which hold back the Transylvanian's development and prosperity. Coming back at the Hungarian&Austrian golden era (much more Hungarian than Austrian), actually people like van_allen78 (if he is Romanian of course) could have only rarely access to the city life, if they were Romanian ethnics. Last census issued in the territory before changing status (census 1910) revealed that only 6% of Satu Mare city were Romanian ethnics, similar percentage in Baia Mare as well. As for Cluj, the capital of the province, only 14 % were Romanians. So the Romanian ethnics had only the status of villagers or with the little luck hard workers within the new industry established near the big cities. They were the fifth wheel on the Hungarian&Austrian wagon.

Last edited by alwn; November 3rd, 2012 at 04:43 PM.
alwn no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2012, 05:49 PM   #5188
Tepes
Korean Style

Likes (Received): 6

The truth is, you will rather hear people in Madrid supporting Catalan independence than an objective historical opinion about Transylvania and Banat from those Romanians living outside of the Carpathian arc.
Tepes no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2012, 06:11 PM   #5189
JackFrost
Hun Solo

in my opinion the main problem is that romania has put nothing to transylvania in the past 80 years. bucharest needs to develop that area too, no matter what happened in the past...

Last edited by JackFrost; November 3rd, 2012 at 06:19 PM.
Old November 3rd, 2012, 06:21 PM   #5190
rakcancer

Likes (Received): 1170

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhirgataZFs1694 View Post
According to a bulgarian news agency a new Romanian transportational plan states that Romania and BG should built 6 new bridges across the Danube and a railway from Nadlac to Constanta for 250kmh.

1)Is this correct? Could you introduce your ministry's plans in more detail? Maps would be greatly appreciated

Thank you in advance!
It would be very interesting to see more details.
rakcancer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2012, 06:51 PM   #5191
Cosmin
Euro Mod

Likes (Received): 5961

Just because we don't let you derail infrastructure threads with politics and regional inferiority/superiority complexes, doesn't mean you can take your business to the international forums.

Just a reminder for some of the people here.
Cosmin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2012, 08:07 PM   #5192
bogdymol
bogdymod

Back on topic

Look at this guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovisopa View Post
Fotografie aeriana la Viaductul Sacel

In curand voi actualiza albumul cu inca cateva fotografii aeriene, am deja facute la km 82, in zona viaductului sacel si sper sa ajung azi si mai departe spre Aciliu.

http://www.sibiul.ro/poze-sibiu/auto...orastie/505/1/
My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2012, 10:04 AM   #5193
bgd77

Likes (Received): 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhirgataZFs1694 View Post

Thank you in advance!
There is a new master plan on transportation. It can be found here (only in Romanian and, also, it is the first draft): http://www.ampost.ro/file/MPGT%20-%2...20varianta.pdf

The road section includes the following map:

As you can see (the red little things between Romania and Bulgaria are bridges ), there are 4 new bridges planned between Bulgaria and Romania, except for the Vidin - Calafat one that is being built now. In general, as they don't respect even signed contracts, I wouldn't expect from them to respect a plan.

As for the 250 km/h railroad, yes it is in the plan, see the big red arrows on the map:

bgd77 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2012, 07:57 PM   #5194
danielstan

Location: Pitesti, RO // Helsinki Final Act 1975, Point 3) Inviolability of frontiers
Likes (Received): 407

@PhirgataZFs1694,
Don't expect too much from such maps, as we are 1 month before parliamentary elections in Romania.

Similar laws have been passed in the past and (as far as I know) those laws do not foresee penalties if plans are not achieved and do not indicate a clear mechanism of identification of the culprits (minister or chief of the governmental agency in charge of a project etc.)

As for Romanian plans to build 6 or less bridges across Danube, without considering EU fundings, for me they are just cheap electoral promises.
danielstan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2012, 07:59 PM   #5195
van_allen78
ardelean 100%

Likes (Received): 180

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgd77 View Post
There is a new master plan on transportation. It can be found here (only in Romanian and, also, it is the first draft): http://www.ampost.ro/file/MPGT%20-%2...20varianta.pdf

The road section includes the following map:

As you can see (the red little things between Romania and Bulgaria are bridges ), there are 4 new bridges planned between Bulgaria and Romania, except for the Vidin - Calafat one that is being built now. In general, as they don't respect even signed contracts, I wouldn't expect from them to respect a plan.

As for the 250 km/h railroad, yes it is in the plan, see the big red arrows on the map:

Just be realistic....all the time , they post all kind of bull shitz before elections...remember 1996 , 2000 etc etc..If that plans had been realized , today , romania would have had at least 2500 km of motorways..
Old November 4th, 2012, 08:35 PM   #5196
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Likes (Received): 12043

Quote:
Originally Posted by van_allen78 View Post
Jack Frost ,it is more than necessary for this section , even if it should be an expressway (as it is the project ) , but if you take a search , you can see that every year since 2005 the politicians are talking about it ( more often in the elections periods ) and then....
The real reason is that we are too far from Bucharest , and they don t care about this region.There are historical and social reasons for that ... Almost everybody , nowadays in satu mare and baia mare region concluded that we would have been better if we have had today the capital in Wien , just like 100 years ago ( in fact , Wien is closer for us than Bucharest , both geographically or culturally )...
I am sorry, but this is unrealistic, if not surrealistic.

First, there are quite a few and very costly infrastructure projects away from Bucharest, which I think need not be mentioned here since we are on an infrastructure thread and you'd expect people to do the reading of the thread since they are "on it".

Secondly, Bucharest has been put "aside" as far as its infrastructure interests are concerned to finance other projects "away" from Bucharest (I am mainly referring here to the current ring, which has been postponed a few times already, and to the motorway ring, which is an unclear project for the coming decade), while other smaller cities "away from Bucharest" are getting their motorway rings.

And you know what? I am not even criticising this approach, because it how it should be: richer regions subsidising poorer regions, just as the EU is doing with financing Eastern European infrastructure. Bucharest/Ilfov is the only region in Romania at average western European level and the only region capable of self-sustaining in terms of infrastructure building. Still, a lot of money is taken from Bucharest to other regions, "away" from Bucharest, to help them develop, while Bucharest is suffocating with traffic and is kept from further boosting its development with poor infrastructure.

The current strategy, agreed with EU, is to link Constanta and Bucharest to western Europe, and this by connecting many cities along the way, and it's beeing done, faster than before, still slower than we might want. Once this is done, I think Eastern Romania, which is the real foresaken region (just by looking at GDP/capita but also at infrastructure investments) should be getting also a fair share of investments from Bucharest and EU funds.

As you can see from the infrastructure masterplan posted before, there are plans to cover all regions with motorways, but those plans cost probably in the region of 30-40 billion Euros, so it's impossible to cover them all at a time. Western Europe built its motorway network in 50 years, and we'll be lucky if we can make it by 2040.
Castles and Mansions in Romania

Last edited by Le Clerk; November 4th, 2012 at 09:22 PM.
Le Clerk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2012, 08:42 PM   #5197
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielstan View Post
I am sure there are Hungarians or Austrians which consider Budapest or Vienna are neglecting their regions, too.
Not only them, myself too. If you drive from Prague to Vienna or viceversa, you'd be amazed there is NO motorway in between those major EU cities. Not only that, but the existing road both in Czechia and in Austria is a 1x1 road, going through villages and towns, that it makes you feel like driving through Romania.

I do not understand why there is no motorway, but one reason might be that the road goes through some hilly region and it is probably quite expensive to build a motorway there. Still, it's quite amazing to drive through Austria as you'd be driving through Romania, and that on a road connecting Vienna to Prague. Don't get it wrong, the road is OK, but it gets all the goodies you'll get from a Romanian road: taking all the villages and towns on the way, crossings, lights, etc etc.
Old November 4th, 2012, 08:44 PM   #5198
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Frost View Post
in my opinion the main problem is that romania has put nothing to transylvania in the past 80 years. bucharest needs to develop that area too, no matter what happened in the past...
I am sorry, but this comment is beyond ignorance from a person visiting this thread.
Old November 4th, 2012, 09:07 PM   #5199
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovisopa View Post
Fotografie aeriana la Viaductul Sacel

In curand voi actualiza albumul cu inca cateva fotografii aeriene, am deja facute la km 82, in zona viaductului sacel si sper sa ajung azi si mai departe spre Aciliu.

http://www.sibiul.ro/poze-sibiu/auto...orastie/505/1/
Awesome shot!

Is there any chance that Cristian by-pass be opened by end-year?
Old November 4th, 2012, 09:52 PM   #5200
bogdymol
bogdymod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Clerk View Post
Not only them, myself too. If you drive from Prague to Vienna or viceversa, you'd be amazed there is NO motorway in between those major EU cities. Not only that, but the existing road both in Czechia and in Austria is a 1x1 road, going through villages and towns, that it makes you feel like driving through Romania.

I do not understand why there is no motorway, but one reason might be that the road goes through some hilly region and it is probably quite expensive to build a motorway there. Still, it's quite amazing to drive through Austria as you'd be driving through Romania, and that on a road connecting Vienna to Prague. Don't get it wrong, the road is OK, but it gets all the goodies you'll get from a Romanian road: taking all the villages and towns on the way, crossings, lights, etc etc.
Just 55 kms of the Prague - Vienna route are not motorway/expressway. And still, judging after how the road looks in google maps I can say that it's above the Romanian average 1+1 road (it has high radius curves, some bypasses and even some elevated junctions). I wouldn't complain that much about this route, but more about the bumpy D1 Czech motorway.
My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
highways, infrastructure, motorways, romania