daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old December 30th, 2012, 07:31 PM   #5481
Radu CORNESCU
A R H I T E C T
 
Radu CORNESCU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Constanta
Posts: 16,377
Likes (Received): 9345

Start la cinci noi autostrazi, in 2014, cu bani de la UE

http://www.ziare.com/stiri/autostrad...-la-ue-1209813
Radu CORNESCU no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 30th, 2012, 07:48 PM   #5482
hegyaljai
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 56
Likes (Received): 5

http://130km.ro/index_en.html

Are these information correct?
hegyaljai no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2012, 08:27 PM   #5483
Night Fury
Night Owl
 
Night Fury's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Pitesti
Posts: 582
Likes (Received): 722

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radu CORNESCU View Post
Start la cinci noi autostrazi, in 2014, cu bani de la UE

http://www.ziare.com/stiri/autostrad...-la-ue-1209813
Dude, don't post articles in Romanian on the international section!
Night Fury no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2012, 01:57 AM   #5484
medicu' de garda
Moderator de garda
 
medicu' de garda's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bucharest
Posts: 1,798
Likes (Received): 1368

Quote:
Originally Posted by hegyaljai View Post
http://130km.ro/index_en.html

Are these information correct?
Well the info about the curent construction projects are accurate, but the proposed motorways are somewhat off. There has never been a proposal for Sebes-Targu Mures, only Sebes-Turda or Fagaras-Sibiu, Bacau bypass is part of the Siret-Focsani(-Bucharest) motorway, Corridor IX is (still) Bucharest-Buzau-Focsani-Albita, not -Bacau-Pascani. So it's practically untrustworthy, at least until we see some realistic fesability studies, not just goverment ideas.

But the parts about the A1 and A3 are good enough, even the deadlines are realistic (except for A3 Bors-Suplacu de Barcau, no way in hell could it be ready in 2013)
__________________
Trust me, I'm an east-european doctor.
medicu' de garda no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2012, 07:48 PM   #5485
and802
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Izabelin
Posts: 526
Likes (Received): 55

to all guys reading/writing posts in this thread, specially for guys from Romania:

all the best in 2013 and strongly hope the next EU 2014-2020 budget will secure Romanian motorway needs.

2012 was great for Romanian road infrastructure network, not only because of the new 130 km, but also brought over 200 km U/C. having another 5 years like 2012 will astonishingly erease the gap between Romania and the richest EU countries. well done !
and802 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2013, 01:47 AM   #5486
Dragger
facebook.com/spasisofia
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Sofia
Posts: 3,702
Likes (Received): 9992

Happy new year to all guys here and may 2013 be much better for the infrastructure in both our countries Cheers!
__________________
SSC Bulgaria in fbook
Spasi Sofia in fbook
Drone videos from Sofia
Dragger no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2013, 04:09 PM   #5487
tanashubav
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Varna
Posts: 10,999
Likes (Received): 1977

Are there plans DN5 from 1 Decembrie village to Bucuresti to be rehabilitated, as it was already done for the other part of this road between Giurgiu and Argesh river bridge?
tanashubav no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2013, 05:33 PM   #5488
panda80
Registered User
 
panda80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Braila/Bucharest
Posts: 4,371
Likes (Received): 333

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanashubav View Post
Are there plans DN5 from 1 Decembrie village to Bucuresti to be rehabilitated, as it was already done for the other part of this road between Giurgiu and Argesh river bridge?
There were ongoing works for the rehabilitation of that stretch but the contract with Romstrade company was cancelled. The works are quite advanced.
__________________
my clinched highways
my flights
my travelogue Now Dresden, Germany
Skilldetector A new HR platform where everything is about your skills!
panda80 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2013, 10:09 PM   #5489
mman2012
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 201
Likes (Received): 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by and802 View Post
having another 5 years like 2012 will astonishingly erease the gap between Romania and the richest EU countries. well done !
) no danger here, not soon anyway
mman2012 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2013, 10:10 PM   #5490
mman2012
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 201
Likes (Received): 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragger View Post
Happy new year to all guys here and may 2013 be much better for the infrastructure in both our countries Cheers!
Same to you (some of us spent the New Year's in Veliko Tarnovo so... indeed let's hope for better roads in both countries)
mman2012 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2013, 12:41 PM   #5491
MichiH
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Lower Franconia
Posts: 4,403
Likes (Received): 2080

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Clerk View Post
I made a map of proposed motorway projects for the coming 4 years, according to the Governing Programme (which can be found here. p 113).

Are you sure, that the Southern motorway is correct?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radu CORNESCU View Post
Start la cinci noi autostrazi, in 2014, cu bani de la UE

http://www.ziare.com/stiri/autostrad...-la-ue-1209813
Here, they suggest four routes for the Southern motorway:

a) Drobeta Turnu Severin (Serbian border) - Craiova - Slatina - Rosiorii de Vede - Alexandria - Bucuresti; with a branch to Calafat
b) Calafat (Bulgarian border) - Craiova - Caracal - Rosiorii de Vede - Alexandria - Bucuresti
c) Drobeta Turnu Severin (with a branch to Calafat) - Craiova - Caracal - Rosiorii de Vede - Alexandria - Giurgiu - Bucuresti.
d) Drobeta Turnu Severin - Craiova - Slatina - Pitesti (A1).

All of this variants are starting at a border, and not at the A1 near Lugoj!?
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2013, 01:30 PM   #5492
medicu' de garda
Moderator de garda
 
medicu' de garda's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bucharest
Posts: 1,798
Likes (Received): 1368

The newspaper is crap (as most infrastructure articles in the country). The PFS that is already underway will study 4 variants, all of them having in common the Lugoj - Drobeta Turnu Severin section. The variants for the rest of the motorway are:
- Drobeta - Craiova north - Slatina - Rosiorii de Vede - Alexandria - Bucuresti
- Drobeta - Calafat- Craiova south - Caracal - Alexandria - Bucuresti
- Drobeta - Craiova south- Caracal - Alexandria - Giurgiu - Bucuresti
- Drobeta - Craiova north - Slatina - Pitesti - Bucuresti (using the existing A1)
The last one is pretty much obsolete as the goverment anounced that they plan to tender Craiova-Pitesti separately, so the South motorway will definitely go near Alexandria (the rest remaining unknown).
__________________
Trust me, I'm an east-european doctor.
medicu' de garda no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2013, 01:53 PM   #5493
MichiH
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Lower Franconia
Posts: 4,403
Likes (Received): 2080

Quote:
Originally Posted by medicu' de garda View Post
The newspaper is crap (as most infrastructure articles in the country).
Ok, thanks. Now I've understand it .

Quote:
Originally Posted by medicu' de garda View Post
The last one is pretty much obsolete as the goverment anounced that they plan to tender Craiova-Pitesti separately, so the South motorway will definitely go near Alexandria (the rest remaining unknown).
Of course. That makes no sense.

What's about the A5 Ploiesti - Focsani? The news contained the information that the motorway has a length of 133km and costs about 1 billion Euro. The contract for PPP will start in 2014. Is that correct / realistic? Groundbreaking in 2014?
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2013, 06:30 PM   #5494
PhirgataZFs1694
Registered User
 
PhirgataZFs1694's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sofia
Posts: 6,472
Likes (Received): 1560

If you built motorway on route Craiova north - Slatina - Rosiorii de Vede - Alexandria, you would have three parallel motorways runing from northwest towards southeast for 100km

Btw, what is the shortest paved road between Alexandria and Giurgiu?
Alexandria - Toporu - Giurgiu?

Last edited by PhirgataZFs1694; January 11th, 2013 at 05:58 PM.
PhirgataZFs1694 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2013, 02:30 PM   #5495
medicu' de garda
Moderator de garda
 
medicu' de garda's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bucharest
Posts: 1,798
Likes (Received): 1368

There is no (real) news about the A5(?). I don't think they have even studied the motorway's path, so I don't see how one company could start building it next year, with their own money . It seems more like the goverment just wants to look like they are doing something. The only PPP that has any chance (AADT wise) is A3 Ploiesti-Comarnic and hopefully A0 south, with Pitesti-Constanta maintenance and taxation included.

IMO the only part of motorway to Moldova that is really urgent, in the next 3 years, is the Ploiesti(Dumbrava)-Buzau section. It bypasses the Bucharest-Buzau section of DN2 which is horrendous, and gives the existing A3 a purpose, because it's rather empty at the moment. It serves traffic bound for Moldova, as well as Braila+Galati. After Buzau, traffic decreases a bit, so DN2 isn't all that crowded.

@PhirgataZFs1694: can't say much about county roads, as I try to avoid them, as they are usually rotten in this area. I have heard that DJ504 is currently being ashfalted, so that would become the shortest route to Giurgiu from Alexandria. No info on the date of completion, though...
__________________
Trust me, I'm an east-european doctor.
medicu' de garda no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2013, 07:52 AM   #5496
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED
 
Le Clerk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 35,473
Likes (Received): 12012

Quote:
Originally Posted by and802 View Post
to all guys reading/writing posts in this thread, specially for guys from Romania:

all the best in 2013 and strongly hope the next EU 2014-2020 budget will secure Romanian motorway needs.

2012 was great for Romanian road infrastructure network, not only because of the new 130 km, but also brought over 200 km U/C. having another 5 years like 2012 will astonishingly erease the gap between Romania and the richest EU countries. well done !
Thank you for the kind wishes! We would like to also wish a good motorway year for everyone reading this thread, and a an excellent personal new year!


I am back from a long winter vacation. Hopefully, I'll get the time to post some shots from Transalpina under heavy winter conditions.
__________________
Rebuilding Bucharest's History: Lipscani Area |Victoriei Ave. | Elisabeta Bld.
Yes, it's Dracula's Castle
Best picture collection of UNESCO sites in Romania
Castles and Mansions in Romania

Last edited by Le Clerk; January 8th, 2013 at 08:02 AM.
Le Clerk está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2013, 08:27 AM   #5497
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED
 
Le Clerk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 35,473
Likes (Received): 12012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhirgataZFs1694 View Post
If you built motorway on route Craiova north - Slatina - Rosiorii de Vede - Alexandria, you would have three parallel motorways runing from northwest towards southeast for 100km
The other 2 motorways (currently A1 and A3) are north of the mountains and are not really helpful for the south region which is economically as important or even more important than the north. The traffic is also important in between Bucharest and Craiova and needs to be helped with a motorway.

A1 in between Pitesti and Bucharest is very crowded, also because of the traffic coming from Craiova that at some point an extention will be needed to 2x3 lanes. If a motorway is built directly between Bucharest and Craiova, it would remove the need for such extension, but it could cost as much as such extention, while adding another route IMO.
__________________
Rebuilding Bucharest's History: Lipscani Area |Victoriei Ave. | Elisabeta Bld.
Yes, it's Dracula's Castle
Best picture collection of UNESCO sites in Romania
Castles and Mansions in Romania
Le Clerk está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2013, 11:27 AM   #5498
cove_adrian
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 64
Likes (Received): 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by medicu' de garda View Post
There is no (real) news about the A5(?). I don't think they have even studied the motorway's path, so I don't see how one company could start building it next year, with their own money . It seems more like the goverment just wants to look like they are doing something. The only PPP that has any chance (AADT wise) is A3 Ploiesti-Comarnic and hopefully A0 south, with Pitesti-Constanta maintenance and taxation included.

IMO the only part of motorway to Moldova that is really urgent, in the next 3 years, is the Ploiesti(Dumbrava)-Buzau section. It bypasses the Bucharest-Buzau section of DN2 which is horrendous, and gives the existing A3 a purpose, because it's rather empty at the moment. It serves traffic bound for Moldova, as well as Braila+Galati. After Buzau, traffic decreases a bit, so DN2 isn't all that crowded.

@PhirgataZFs1694: can't say much about county roads, as I try to avoid them, as they are usually rotten in this area. I have heard that DJ504 is currently being ashfalted, so that would become the shortest route to Giurgiu from Alexandria. No info on the date of completion, though...
Hm, in your opinion there is no need (ever) for a motorway in Moldova, only in Muntenia. For your info, Buzau is still in Muntenia Region. After Buzau, God's speed!
After Buzau, the traffic doesn't decreses a bit. Here are some info about the road traffic:
12614 vehicles for section DJ 203K-M. RM. SARAT
12288 vehicles for section M.RM. SARAT- DRDP IASI
13983 vehicles for section DRDP Bucuresti - DN 2N
14074 vehicles for section DN 2N - M. Focsani
20.357 vehicles for bypass Focsani
14.788 vehicles for section M. Focsani - DN 24 (Tisita)

Ploiesti - Campina (not till Comarnic) is a 2X2 road, wider than actual DN 2 which is 1X1 with bands for lower vehicles.
I think PPP is needed for Ploiesti-Comarnic-Brasov and for C IX (section Dumbrava-Tisita-Husi-Albita) the European Funds are mandatory.

BTW Iasi-Targu-Mures isn't needed for construction? Romania is larger than Bucuresti-Prahova Valley.
In my opinion, the PPP is best for touristic highway Ploiesti-Brasov.
cove_adrian no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2013, 06:28 PM   #5499
medicu' de garda
Moderator de garda
 
medicu' de garda's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bucharest
Posts: 1,798
Likes (Received): 1368

I specifically mentioned I think that is the emergency in the next 3 (THREE) years. Can't you read? I am well aware of the need for a motorway in Moldova, i just mentioned the most stringent portion. You completely missunderstood me. Don't act so butthurt, jeez ...

The reality is that there is not enough european money to finance every piece of motorway we need, even if it's part of a european corridor. You know very well that Pitesti-Sibiu alone will take about half of the money. That's why I said that we could at least build Ploiesti-Buzau, as it alone will make a very big difference, for a relatively low cost. I don't think we can aford to build the rest of A5 sooner than 2016. I'm not buying the PPP bullshit the goverment keeps using. It's not fesable for this section. Besides, I'd rather have a piece of the Iasi-Targu Mures motorway, than double a very good and wide national road.

PS: DN1 is 2+2 until just before Comarnic, near Breaza. And after that, it's a very wide 1+1 that is used as a 2+2 until the centre of Comarnic (it's somewhat dangerous though). Pretty similar to DN2. The entrance for A3 Comarnic-Brasov will be before Comarnic, so there is no danger of choking the traffic flow in the following years.
__________________
Trust me, I'm an east-european doctor.
medicu' de garda no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2013, 12:58 AM   #5500
van_allen78
ardelean 100%
 
van_allen78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Baia Mare/ Neustadt
Posts: 288
Likes (Received): 180

Quote:
Originally Posted by cove_adrian View Post
Hm, in your opinion there is no need (ever) for a motorway in Moldova, only in Muntenia. For your info, Buzau is still in Muntenia Region. After Buzau, God's speed!
After Buzau, the traffic doesn't decreses a bit. Here are some info about the road traffic:
12614 vehicles for section DJ 203K-M. RM. SARAT
12288 vehicles for section M.RM. SARAT- DRDP IASI
13983 vehicles for section DRDP Bucuresti - DN 2N
14074 vehicles for section DN 2N - M. Focsani
20.357 vehicles for bypass Focsani
14.788 vehicles for section M. Focsani - DN 24 (Tisita)

Ploiesti - Campina (not till Comarnic) is a 2X2 road, wider than actual DN 2 which is 1X1 with bands for lower vehicles.
I think PPP is needed for Ploiesti-Comarnic-Brasov and for C IX (section Dumbrava-Tisita-Husi-Albita) the European Funds are mandatory.

BTW Iasi-Targu-Mures isn't needed for construction? Romania is larger than Bucuresti-Prahova Valley.
In my opinion, the PPP is best for touristic highway Ploiesti-Brasov.
COVE , I AGREE WITH YOU. I guess that not only bucharest means Romania, but also Moldavia ,Transylvania and so on.It is bad to see sick-opinions that states that the south needs ( 3 ) motorways, while the others already U/C are deserted.Perhaps only in B there are cars, huh ?
__________________
Politicienii unei tari sunt oglinda fidela a naravurilor acelui popor; provin din mijlocul lui, il paraziteaza pana la exterminare si apoi pier si ei odata cu dansul.
van_allen78 no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
highways, infrastructure, motorways, romania

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 12:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

tech management by Sysprosium