daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 31st, 2013, 12:55 PM   #5921
medicu' de garda
Moderator de garda

Likes (Received): 1368

2015 is a bit of optimistic. But 2016 for sure. The remaining sections of Deva-Lugoj are more difficult, and there are big chances that there will be "surprises" for the constructors due to the poor geology in the area.

Sponsored Links
Old May 31st, 2013, 01:15 PM   #5922
Baiazid
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1019

Beside that, the second section of the Timisoara - Lugoj motorways is still not tendered. That's a 30 km stretch of plain motorway, between Izvin and Belint. So it could be easily completed in 2 years. But since it is not yet tendered, we have to assume that considering all procedures, it might start earlier in 2014.

So indeed, the realistic estimate for the completion of Nadlac - Sibiu motorway is 2016. And since there will be general elections in 2016, that makes it certain
Baiazid no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2013, 12:32 AM   #5923
medicu' de garda
Moderator de garda

I don't think the international section is aware of the several bypass tenders launched in the past months, so I'd like to post a list of them :
- Targu Jiu bypass, east (DN67D-DN66south)and west(DN66-DN66) sections, launched last december, still officially untendered, should have been awarded in march.
- Targu Mures bypass, in the east between DN13 and DN15, launched 1 month ago, tender deadline on 17.06
- Alesd north (DN1H-DN1east) and south(DN1-DN1) bypasses, tender deadline on 20.06
- Mihailesti bypass on DN6, second try, tender deadline on 2.07
- Bacau bypass, 3 lots: between DN2 and DN2, including a part of the future Moldova motorway, for now at half-profile; between DN2south and DN11, and between DN2north and DN15; Deadline on 19.06. This one is one of the most needed and urgent sections of highway in the country
- Stei bypass, on DN76, will bypass 3 towns:Stei, Rieni and Beius. Deadline on 17.07
- in the near future should follow Caracal bypass, which is still being reanalised after Romstrade was withdrawn from the project halfway through.

Let's hope these go well, and don't suffer the fate of other bypasses that should have been ready by now: Craiova south and southeast, Suceava, Bucharest orbital widening, Suceava or Arad

bogdymol liked this post
medicu' de garda no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2013, 12:41 PM   #5924
PhirgataZFs1694

Likes (Received): 1560

Quote:
Originally Posted by medicu' de garda View Post
I don't think the international section is aware of the several bypass tenders launched in the past months, so I'd like to post a list of them :
- Targu Jiu bypass, east (DN67D-DN66south)and west(DN66-DN66) sections, launched last december, still officially untendered, should have been awarded in march.
- Targu Mures bypass, in the east between DN13 and DN15, launched 1 month ago, tender deadline on 17.06
- Alesd north (DN1H-DN1east) and south(DN1-DN1) bypasses, tender deadline on 20.06
- Mihailesti bypass on DN6, second try, tender deadline on 2.07
- Bacau bypass, 3 lots: between DN2 and DN2, including a part of the future Moldova motorway, for now at half-profile; between DN2south and DN11, and between DN2north and DN15; Deadline on 19.06. This one is one of the most needed and urgent sections of highway in the country
- Stei bypass, on DN76, will bypass 3 towns:Stei, Rieni and Beius. Deadline on 17.07
- in the near future should follow Caracal bypass, which is still being reanalised after Romstrade was withdrawn from the project halfway through.

Let's hope these go well, and don't suffer the fate of other bypasses that should have been ready by now: Craiova south and southeast, Suceava, Bucharest orbital widening, Suceava or Arad
Question to all forumers:
1. Considering romanian urbanisation pattern(very-very long villages along the road usually one after another) do you think it's better to build bypasses than building completely new roads with different alignment?
2. Do this bypasses include demolishing of houses?
PhirgataZFs1694 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2013, 04:57 PM   #5925
mpeculea

Likes (Received): 343

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhirgataZFs1694 View Post
Question to all forumers:
1. Considering romanian urbanisation pattern(very-very long villages along the road usually one after another) do you think it's better to build bypasses than building completely new roads with different alignment?
2. Do this bypasses include demolishing of houses?
This is a personal opinion, but...
1. Bypasses are usually built around cities, not villages (as always there are exceptions). I do not think that anyone has really given it a thought , building a completely new road, to get the traffic out of the villages.
2. Usually, bypasses do not include demolishing people's homes, they go through unconstructed territory. Of course, if it is absolutely necessary, they will do it.

PhirgataZFs1694 liked this post
mpeculea no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2013, 05:32 PM   #5926
medicu' de garda
Moderator de garda

1. Well the Stei bypass that was just anounced yesterday is esentially a new alignment of DN76, more than a bypass. It is 25km long, and instead of just avoiding the big towns of Stei and Beius, it goes the whole distance between them on a new route. Also, the section of DN76 between the 2 towns was never planned for modernisation. But AFAIK, that is the only example that we have for now. The others only bypass cities+1 or 2 of their satelites. Maybe we will have more in the future, as these project started getting more complex and expensive than we they used to be.

2. These kind of project try as much as possible to avoid demolishing houses. At most, 2,3 houses have to be torn down for the aligment, as they almost NEVER tear down a building to make an interchange better than the necesary minimum . See Bucharest orbital for poor intersection designs due to adiacent structures.

PhirgataZFs1694, albertocsc liked this post
Old June 1st, 2013, 08:22 PM   #5927
PhirgataZFs1694

Good. More opinions are welcomed.

Would Alesd bypass pass between Alesd and Pestis? It is going to be a real tight squeeze with the road passing several meters from houses?
Old June 1st, 2013, 08:43 PM   #5928
medicu' de garda
Moderator de garda

Yes, the north bypass will really be something . It starts between Tinaud and Grosi, slowly climbs the hill slightly north of Tinaud westward, then turns north following the hill right up to the eastern tip of Pestis, goes over it on a viaduct then abruptly turns west following the hill, then turns north again, close to the existing houses and unites with DN1H North of Pestis. This thing will be 7.4 km long. I'm sorry I can't link the project to you or schetch it on GoogleMaps, since I don't know how to do it.

PhirgataZFs1694 liked this post
Old June 2nd, 2013, 10:04 PM   #5929
nenea_hartia
Skeptic

Likes (Received): 233

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhirgataZFs1694 View Post
Good. More opinions are welcomed.

Would Alesd bypass pass between Alesd and Pestis? It is going to be a real tight squeeze with the road passing several meters from houses?

bogdymol, PhirgataZFs1694 liked this post
nenea_hartia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2013, 12:03 AM   #5930
Samy70

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Clerk View Post
Because A3 goes about 20 kms west of Brasov, while the by-pass is going by the city margins, and it is a must for the city:

thanks!
will the Brasov bypass be completely expressway?
any idea when it might be complete?
Samy70 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2013, 08:53 AM   #5931
bogdymol
bogdymod

"Tonson 2" is completed and it has 1 lane per direction

"Tronson 2" and "Tronson 3" are currently u/c (completion somewhere at the end of this summer, beginning of auttumn). They will have 2 lanes per direction with a median New Jersey barrier.

------------------------------------------------------

Pictures from A1 motorway u/c near Sibiu:

source: turnulsfatului.ro
My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2013, 02:58 PM   #5932
medicu' de garda
Moderator de garda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samy70 View Post
thanks!
will the Brasov bypass be completely expressway?
any idea when it might be complete?
It won't be an expressway, just a 2 lane road, with median barriers. The intersections with secondary roads are at grade, with roundabouts, while the ones with national roads feature overpasses. The second lot, between DN11-DN13, will be widened at a later date, after the fesability study is complete.

Samy70 liked this post
Old June 5th, 2013, 12:13 AM   #5933
albertocsc
Translator and traveller

Likes (Received): 49

A brief guide to romanian road classification and shields :

For the similar Moldovan one, see http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...&postcount=168

bogdymol, bgd77, roata, anacronox liked this post
albertocsc no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2013, 03:34 PM   #5934
r1ckmaiden

buna ziua!

This is my very first post in this forum but i'm following this since last year , maybe, because i'm specially interested in this road ..

Every year i go to romania in vacations. I've a house near bistrita-nasaud and usually i rent a car in Otopeni airport and take the E60 road which goes to Ploiesti -> Brasov -> Sighisora -> Targu Mures -> Bistrita . Of course landing in Cluj Napoca will be near but the airplain tickets are expensive comparing to landing in otopeni..
This year i'm planning to take another road (i need your opinion since you probably know better than me) which is taking the E81 road to Pitesti -> Ramnicu Valcea -> Sibiu -> Alba Iulia -> Turda ....

i already know the road between Alba Iulia -> Turda because last year i went to Honedoara / Deva but i don't know from Otopeni -> Alba Iulia

from google maps seems more +- 100 km but the E60 is so damn slow with lots of traffic that every year i have headaches driving in that road ..

Any opinion is welcome!

Multumesc!
Ricardo
r1ckmaiden no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2013, 03:49 PM   #5935
alwn

Likes (Received): 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by r1ckmaiden View Post
buna ziua!

This is my very first post in this forum but i'm following this since last year , maybe, because i'm specially interested in this road ..

Every year i go to romania in vacations. I've a house near bistrita-nasaud and usually i rent a car in Otopeni airport and take the E60 road which goes to Ploiesti -> Brasov -> Sighisora -> Targu Mures -> Bistrita . Of course landing in Cluj Napoca will be near but the airplain tickets are expensive comparing to landing in otopeni..
This year i'm planning to take another road (i need your opinion since you probably know better than me) which is taking the E81 road to Pitesti -> Ramnicu Valcea -> Sibiu -> Alba Iulia -> Turda ....

i already know the road between Alba Iulia -> Turda because last year i went to Honedoara / Deva but i don't know from Otopeni -> Alba Iulia

from google maps seems more +- 100 km but the E60 is so damn slow with lots of traffic that every year i have headaches driving in that road ..

Any opinion is welcome!

Multumesc!
Ricardo
Choosing E 81 instead of E 60 would be a good alternative at least in terms of diversity. I don't see why to go Alba Iulia - Turda with a relative common landscape and rather crowded. I would suggest Sibiu- Medias (DN 14)- Tg Mures -Iernut (DN 14 A)- Tg Mures- Bistrita (or through Sighisoara Medias- Sighisoara- Tg Mures..).
Old June 8th, 2013, 04:51 PM   #5936
r1ckmaiden

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwn View Post
Choosing E 81 instead of E 60 would be a good alternative at least in terms of diversity. I don't see why to go Alba Iulia - Turda with a relative common landscape and rather crowded. I would suggest Sibiu- Medias (DN 14)- Tg Mures -Iernut (DN 14 A)- Tg Mures- Bistrita (or through Sighisoara Medias- Sighisoara- Tg Mures..).
Hi alwn,

thanks for your suggestion! Do you know if that road is fine? Last year there were a lot of works on the road between Tg Mures - Bistrita , specially in Rhegin area so i took lots lots of time...
Old June 8th, 2013, 10:26 PM   #5937
panda80

Likes (Received): 333

Sibiu-Sighisoara and Tg. Mures-Reghin are in rehabilitation so you should expect long delays on these roads. The itinerary through Alba-Iulia is better in terms of quality, but it's a detour. Do you want just to get to Bistrita from Bucharest or also to do some sightseeing around?
Skilldetector A new HR platform where everything is about your skills!
panda80 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2013, 10:47 PM   #5938
cricric

Likes (Received): 3288

What about Brasov-Sfantu Gheorghe-Miercurea Ciuc-Reghin-Bistrita?
cricric no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2013, 01:17 AM   #5939
PhirgataZFs1694

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baiazid View Post
It's a whole mess and confusion. There is a political interest and a political support now for a motorway following the route of DN6: Bucuresti - Alexandria - Craiova - Drobeta Turnu Severin - Lugoj - Timisoara.

Therefore this Summer, "out of the blue" the National Road Company (CNADNR) announced the tender for the PF Study for the "South Motorway: Bucuresti - Alexandria - Craiova - Timisoara". That's the official announcement. The surprise was that the Tender Specifications claimed that the study should choose the best route out of four alternatives. Three of them were along DN6, while the fourth implied the route Bucuresti - Pitesti - Craiova - Timisoara.

So, the official documents were on one hand contradicting with each other and on the other hand were including motorways already in service (Bucuresti - Pitesti) or already under construction (Lugoj - Timisioara). That led to hilarious requests for clarifications from the interested companies, such as: "Please confirm that CNADNR does not want a SPF for Bucuresti - Pitesti" or "Please confirm that the study should only refer to Bucuresti - Lugoj instead of Timisoara".

Today we had the official announcement from CNADNR that the SPF tender was awarded. But yesterday we had a major political leader from Alexandria announcing that the South Motorway construction will start next year and it will pass next to Alexandria. While the day before we had the Prime Minister announcing that Craiova - Pitesti motorway is a TOP PRIORITY for 2013

So the official / political messages are totally confusing about this motorway.
Guys remember to keep us updated on South motorway project developments.
Old June 9th, 2013, 01:32 AM   #5940
r1ckmaiden

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda80 View Post
Sibiu-Sighisoara and Tg. Mures-Reghin are in rehabilitation so you should expect long delays on these roads. The itinerary through Alba-Iulia is better in terms of quality, but it's a detour. Do you want just to get to Bistrita from Bucharest or also to do some sightseeing around?
Hi panda,

I just want to go from otopeni to bistrita .. no sightseeing planned ..

Basically crossing Brasov its a nightmare with lots of traffic, trucks and going trough the mountain with up and down with very tight curves .. i mean its very good for sightseeing.. Then the other nightmare is normally passing tg. mures and rhegin.. last year was a total nightmare i didn't know.. lots of traffic in the road because of the rehabilitation so i was thinking that this year was good but unfortunately by your comment its not : (

cricric -> going to Brasov-Sfantu Gheorghe-Miercurea Ciuc , how it is the road ? For that region i only know suceava, piatra neamt and vatra dormei

last year i went to A3 from turda to cluj and was so ******* good ! i want this road : ) it will reduce a lot the time that i do ..

Tags
highways, infrastructure, motorways, romania