daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 9th, 2013, 01:22 PM   #5941
cricric

Likes (Received): 3289

Brasov-Sfantu Gheorghe->ok
Sfantu Gheorghe-Miercurea Ciuc->perfect
you can check with google maps
cricric no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 9th, 2013, 03:14 PM   #5942
Stefd

Likes (Received): 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by r1ckmaiden View Post
buna ziua!

This is my very first post in this forum but i'm following this since last year , maybe, because i'm specially interested in this road ..

Every year i go to romania in vacations. I've a house near bistrita-nasaud and usually i rent a car in Otopeni airport and take the E60 road which goes to Ploiesti -> Brasov -> Sighisora -> Targu Mures -> Bistrita . Of course landing in Cluj Napoca will be near but the airplain tickets are expensive comparing to landing in otopeni..
For future consider landing in Budapest(check also Targu Mures, Bacau, Iasi for the price), the distance to Bistrita is almost the same as from Bucharest, and the roads are very good. You can take the major road 4 in Hungary to Oradea->Cluj-Napoca->Bistrita or you can take the M3->Satu Mare->Baia Mare(of course on the E58) depending on where exactly you have to reach in Bistrita-Nasaud county.

I am from Radauti(Suceava) and when I'm heading home from western Europe(Germany) i always take the major 4->Oradea->Cluj-Napoca->Bistrita->Vatra Dornei->Campulung Moldovenesc ->Radauti because i actualy leave in Cluj-Napoca and I stop for resting at my place in Cluj. Else I would prefer Satu Mare->Baia Mare->Dej, it's less crowded and you don't have to pass trough any(big) city.

Last edited by Stefd; June 9th, 2013 at 03:22 PM.
Stefd no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2013, 02:12 PM   #5943
Wolfgang16

Likes (Received): 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefd View Post
Else I would prefer Satu Mare->Baia Mare->Dej, it's less crowded and you don't have to pass trough any(big) city.
Hello,

would you take the main road Satu Mare->Baia Mare ? I have read somewhere that it is under reconstruction. Or would you take one of the smaller but shorter roads there?

bye Wolfgang
Wolfgang16 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2013, 10:00 AM   #5944
Stefd

Likes (Received): 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfgang16 View Post
Hello,

would you take the main road Satu Mare->Baia Mare ? I have read somewhere that it is under reconstruction. Or would you take one of the smaller but shorter roads there?

bye Wolfgang
Yes I would preffer the main road, the works should be already done(you can see the progress on Google Streetview, the images are from August 2012). It also passes through less villages as the local road, although the local isn't in bad condition as far as I know but the main road is way better.

Wolfgang16 liked this post
Stefd no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2013, 04:10 PM   #5945
r1ckmaiden

Likes (Received): 0

Hi stefd

thx for your suggestions but i already thought about that, unfortunately renting a car in budapest and go to oradea... its more expensive and i have to pay an extra fee because i'm going to another country..

i'm from Portugal and landing in Bucharest Otopeni + renting a car its the most cheaper solution that i found so far..

in future i'm planning to go by car (its one of the things that i want to do) crossing the europe by car .. in that case i will go to that road in hungary to oradea .
r1ckmaiden no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2013, 10:27 PM   #5946
bogdymol
bogdymod

A1 Arad bypass:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidu View Post
My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2013, 12:40 AM   #5947
javimix19

Likes (Received): 1328

Hello, I have one question about Bucharest bypass:

- Is the government planning a ring road like the city of Sofia?

- Now (2013 ) has the city of Bucharest a bypass or the vehicles have to enter the city to go to for example nort-south direction or east-west direction?
javimix19 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2013, 02:59 AM   #5948
Samy70

Likes (Received): 0

As a foreigner who has been to Bucharest, yes there is a bypass so you don't have to enter the city, but it's not up to motorways standards and I would never take it.
In addition while the plans to build a proper bypass to motorway standards are on hold for lack of funding, the roads in Bucharest have greatly improved over the years (at least from what I've seen), although the traffic should be by all means avoided at rush hour.
Samy70 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2013, 01:02 PM   #5949
PhirgataZFs1694

Likes (Received): 1560

Quote:
Originally Posted by javimix19 View Post
Hello, I have one question about Bucharest bypass:

1- Is the government planning a ring road like the city of Sofia?

2- Now (2013 ) has the city of Bucharest a bypass or the vehicles have to enter the city to go to for example nort-south direction or east-west direction?
1. They even plan two ring roads. They plan to expand the current one to 2x2 on it's entire length preserving the ring railway.
They also plan a second motorway ring road that is further away from the city.

2. The current bypass is not 2x2 on it's entire length and there are many one level jucntions so sometimes it's faster to take a route through the city.
PhirgataZFs1694 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2013, 08:32 PM   #5950
alwn

Likes (Received): 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhirgataZFs1694 View Post
1. They even plan two ring roads. They plan to expand the current one to 2x2 on it's entire length preserving the ring railway.
They also plan a second motorway ring road that is further away from the city.

2. The current bypass is not 2x2 on it's entire length and there are many one level jucntions so sometimes it's faster to take a route through the city.
Just to add, the current ring has 80 km length out of which only the north section, about 20 km, was already modernized and extended at 2x2. So if you need to use the rest of 60 km better take through the city center.
Old June 17th, 2013, 12:25 PM   #5951
medicu' de garda
Moderator de garda

Likes (Received): 1368

That's 70km, not 80.

Currently, the tender for A0 south (along with A1 and A2 maintenance ans taxation) is already at competitive dialog stage, and the goverment states that a winner should be anonuced by the end of the year. So in 2014 we should already see works (probably along with the reabilitation of Bucharest-Fundulea section of A2)

Also, there are vague signs that the A1-DN7 section of DNCB (that's the current ringroad) has finally started being widened. The other section, Dn2-A2 is still pending, God knows what for . As for the widening of the south section, forget about it... Last year was anounced that there will only be a resurfacing of the current alingment + widening at the intersections. And for a few months works have been abandoned altogether. This is probably an undercover plan to make the A0 south more attractive for the bidders, as it will probably be taxed, so traffic will need to be "guided" through here.
Old June 18th, 2013, 09:22 AM   #5952
mpeculea

Likes (Received): 343

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwn View Post
Just to add, the current ring has 80 km length out of which only the north section, about 20 km, was already modernized and extended at 2x2. So if you need to use the rest of 60 km better take through the city center.
Not between 18:00 and 19:30, it isn't.
mpeculea no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2013, 10:59 AM   #5953
gogo3o
Bulgaria

Likes (Received): 13433

nice aerial pics of Vidin-Calafat bridge

Quote:
Originally Posted by velbujd View Post
Нови снимки от моста 23.06.2013 г.
http://danubebridge2.com/g-bg-most-13-iuni.php

cinxxx, alleks, ChrisZwolle, Attus, adi.ro and 5 others liked this post
gogo3o no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2013, 12:30 AM   #5954
ionutz_08

Likes (Received): 102

OFF TOPIC

what happend in Montenegro yesterday could happen to any of US here in romania.DRIVERS.PASSENGERS.and so on.....WE are stupid because we shutt up

RIP
ionutz_08 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2013, 12:45 AM   #5955
ionuttzu
BANNED

Likes (Received): 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by ionutz_08 View Post
OFF TOPIC

what happend in Montenegro yesterday could happen to any of US here in romania.DRIVERS.PASSENGERS.and so on.....WE are stupid because we shutt up

RIP
So you want us to scream at every bus driver that passes us or what?
ionuttzu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2013, 10:47 PM   #5956
Pascal20a

Likes (Received): 19

What happens now with the A1 (Arad - Pecica) in Romania, when the Alpine is in bankruptcy??
Pascal20a no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2013, 10:53 PM   #5957
bogdymol
bogdymod

They will demolish everything they built so far to sell the materials on the black market to get money for paying their debt.
Old June 26th, 2013, 10:59 PM   #5958
Pascal20a

Really?? They should give the construction to an other company?
Old June 26th, 2013, 11:14 PM   #5959
bogdymol
bogdymod

Yep, this will be the solution. They will sell all the materials and get money to pay the debts. After the site is empty, another company will come and build the motorway from 0.

panda80 liked this post
Old June 26th, 2013, 11:29 PM   #5960
Pascal20a

That makes no sense. They should give it to a romanian company or strabag

Tags
highways, infrastructure, motorways, romania