daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 13th, 2013, 05:07 PM   #6021
Pascal20a

Likes (Received): 19

Thanks for the info Le Clerk
Pascal20a no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 13th, 2013, 09:28 PM   #6022
medicu' de garda
Moderator de garda

Likes (Received): 1368

Well, in case of Nadlac-Arad lot 2, the tendering will take more than the actual build time. The motorway was SO close to being completed, the only things that were a bit delayed were the ramps for the railroad and DN7 overpasses, and a small section that had some oilpipes which hadn't been moved + ashfalt + barriers.

There is no way that the build time for the remainder of the contract will exceed 3 months. Let's just hope that the MT will be fast in evaluating the progress and preparing the new tender documents. There shouldn't be such a big fight for this lot, since now it's mostly ashfalt laying, similar to any national road rehabilitation, not much else to do.
Old July 13th, 2013, 10:50 PM   #6023
Pascal20a

But I dont know why they dont make it like in Austrtia.
Old July 14th, 2013, 07:39 AM   #6024
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Likes (Received): 12043

What happened in Austria? Do you have a link?

Edit: IMHO, the Road Company cannot make any exception from the procedure, even though, as medicu' de garda said, there are only minor works left. That motorway section is under EU financing and it could remain unfunded in the end if the procedures are not followed entirely.
Castles and Mansions in Romania
Le Clerk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2013, 08:30 AM   #6025
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

The EC has resumed making payments to Romania for motorway construction:

Quote:
European Commission to reimburse EUR 172 mln in Romania’s Transport Operational Program
By Newsroom Finance July 05, 2013 14:15

The European Commission (EC), the executive arm of the EU, has approved the reimbursement of EUR 172 million worth of EU funds under the Transport Operational Program.

Another EUR 25.7 million is pending approval from the EC, and the Ministry of Public Finance will submit another EUR 143 million in fresh expenditure for projects carried out under the same program.

The management authority for the transport program is currently working to authorize another EUR 207.5 million in expenditure. This procedure should be completed by August 15.

Around EUR 478 million have been reimbursed in the transport program in the 2007-2012 period. Payments in this program have been unlocked in June 21 after the EC pre-suspended and ceased payments due to mismanagement of the funds and fraud allegations.
http://business-review.eu/featured/e...ional-program/
Old July 14th, 2013, 09:21 AM   #6026
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Quote:
Premier Ponta: Motorway connection envisaged between Craiova and Calafat
Friday, 14 June 2013 19:57

Prime Minister Victor Ponta said that the cities of Craiova and Calafat must be connected via motorway and that a project will be submitted to this end in the next EU financial framework for the period 2014 -2020.

Ponta made this statement after the official inauguration of the Calafat - Vidin bridge across the Danube, remarking that he knows that the road to Calafat is in bad repair. This is National Road DN 56 Craiova - Calafat, which is being revamped by two companies on the Craiova - Galicea Mare and Galicea Mare - Calafat segments. The Prime Minister cautioned that if the two companies do not keep a steady pace of the construction works, their contracts will be terminated.

"The idea is this: we will build the road and build it well, but this is not enough - I mean a one-lane road is not enough - which is why the first project for the 2014-2020 programming period we plan to submit is a motorway connection between Craiova and Calafat,"said Ponta.

Speaking about the Craiova - Pitesti project, the head of the government said that the relevant procedures must be completed and the contract on carrying out the motorway under public-private partnership must be signed by the end of the year.

"Practically, there will be a motorway connection running from Craiova via Pitesti to the Constanta southern ring road and the Port of Constanta," detailed Ponta.

Asked when will the Pitesti - Craiova project be completed, the Prime Minister replied that the deadline is 24 months.
Source

PhirgataZFs1694 liked this post
Old July 14th, 2013, 09:28 AM   #6027
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Quote:
All investors for the concession of the Craiova-Pitesti motorway, accepted
BUSINESS | NINEOCLOCK | MAY 26TH, 2013 AT 9:00 PM

The five investors that submitted offers for the construction and operation of the Craiova – Pitesti expressway/motorway, respectively an association of Romanian companies and four investors from abroad, have been pre-selected in the competitive dialogue procedure for awarding the concession contract.

The procedure is jointly organised by the Department for infrastructure projects and CNADNR. The offers pertaining to the design, construction, financing, operation and maintenance of the Craiova – Pitesti expressway/motorway were open on May 8, at the head office of CNADNR.

The Romanian consortium comprises the companies Spedition UMB and Tehnostrade, controlled by businessman Dorinel Umbrarescu, and Vectra Service, controlled by businessman Marcel Butuza. The foreign associations that submitted offers are Obrascon Huarte Lain – OHL ZS from Spain, China Communications Construction Company – Dogus Insaat Ve Ticaret (Turkey) – Egis Projects (France), Strabag (Austria) – Vinci (France) – Aktor (Greece) and Impregilo – Salini from Italy.
Source
Old July 14th, 2013, 12:02 PM   #6028
ionutz_08

Likes (Received): 102

i hope it will not be impregilo.after what they did on A1.
Old July 14th, 2013, 06:19 PM   #6029
joce23
off

The biggest road interchange in Romania:

jarekles liked this post
joce23 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2013, 01:20 PM   #6030
cove_adrian

Likes (Received): 14

This is absolutely great! So, for POS-T 2014-2020, it will be clear that all the money goes to Dumbrava-Soimus section, Sibiu-Pitesti and possibly Craiova-Calafat. Pitesti-Craiova is for PPP scheme.

No mention about C IX which is perfectly eligible for finance, such as C IV. So, Moldova is (again) missed from the scheme. The only (possible) meters of highway in Moldova will be in Bacau for the future by-pass, which is financed by the public budget.

I'm very disappointed. Moldova should and needs highway as soon as possible!
cove_adrian no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2013, 01:21 PM   #6031
cove_adrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Clerk View Post
This is absolutely great! So, for POS-T 2014-2020, it will be clear that all the money goes to Dumbrava-Soimus section, Sibiu-Pitesti and possibly Craiova-Calafat. Pitesti-Craiova is for PPP scheme.

No mention about C IX which is perfectly eligible for finance, such as C IV. So, Moldova is (again) missed from the scheme. The only (possible) meters of highway in Moldova will be in Bacau for the future by-pass, which is financed by the public budget.

I'm very disappointed. Moldova should have and needs highway as soon as possible!
Old July 15th, 2013, 04:50 PM   #6032
Pascal20a

Le Clerk: In Linz the contractor of the Westbrücke was Alpine. Then Alpine went in bankruptcy and stop reconstruct the bridge. Following the bankruptcy of the Alpine Brückenmeisterei Linz took over the construction.

http://www.oeamtc.at/?id=2500%2C1396635%2C%2C
Old July 15th, 2013, 05:12 PM   #6033
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by cove_adrian View Post

I'm very disappointed. Moldova should have and needs highway as soon as possible!
I don't understand wherefrom you draw those conclusions. The only clear aspect for POS-T 2014-2020 is that Sibiu-Pitesti will be the first priority. The rest are not clear yet.

Personally, I think that for the 2-14-2020 budget period, CIX will be prioritised over the rest of CIV bar for Sibiu-Pitesti.

Last edited by Le Clerk; July 15th, 2013 at 05:23 PM.
Old July 15th, 2013, 05:21 PM   #6034
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal20a View Post
Le Clerk: In Linz the contractor of the Westbrücke was Alpine. Then Alpine went in bankruptcy and stop reconstruct the bridge. Following the bankruptcy of the Alpine Brückenmeisterei Linz took over the construction.

http://www.oeamtc.at/?id=2500%2C1396635%2C%2C
I understand that in Astria they have to rerun the tender for the previously Alpine contracted works too.
Old July 15th, 2013, 09:22 PM   #6035
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19391

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baiazid View Post
The last 2km of A4 between Agigea and Constanta Harbour opened on 12 July 2013, thus completing the motorway link between Bucharest and Constanta Harbour.
Interesting interchange.

my clinched highways / travel mapping • highway photography @ Flickr and Youtube

bogdymol, jarekles liked this post
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2013, 09:31 PM   #6036
Baiazid
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1019

Yes. It is kind of "interesting". The main flow of cars heads towards the seaside resorts, that meaning the cars in the middle lanes end their journey on the motorway here and turn mainly right, but also left. While the traffic towards the harbor consists mainly of trucks from the side lanes.

I am not saying that's the best configuration for that interchange, but that's the reason behind it's planning.

bogdymol liked this post
Baiazid no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2013, 10:49 PM   #6037
bogdymol
bogdymod

Maybe not manyof you know, but few days ago there was a motorway opening in Romania: A4 (Constanta bypass), 2 km east of DN39 exit. It's the connection of A4 motorway with Constanta harbor.

My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog

Le Clerk, jarekles liked this post
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2013, 10:51 PM   #6038
pt640
hungaria

Likes (Received): 116

map: http://goo.gl/PwkII

next: Transfagaras, but i dont link it here, because its not a motorway either highway

roata, jarekles liked this post
pt640 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2013, 10:26 AM   #6039
cove_adrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Clerk View Post
I don't understand wherefrom you draw those conclusions. The only clear aspect for POS-T 2014-2020 is that Sibiu-Pitesti will be the first priority. The rest are not clear yet.

Personally, I think that for the 2-14-2020 budget period, CIX will be prioritised over the rest of CIV bar for Sibiu-Pitesti.
I think that Sibiu-Pitesti and the rest of the C IV (section Dumbrava-Soimus) will finish all the funding for POS-T 2014-2020. The problem is that Romania (from my personal point of view) can't support the difference of 15 % for the finance. But, who knows, maybe the economy rises and shouldn't be a problem.
Old July 16th, 2013, 12:32 PM   #6040
sotonsi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogdymol View Post
Maybe not manyof you know, but few days ago there was a motorway opening in Romania: A4 (Constanta bypass), 2 km east of DN39 exit. It's the connection of A4 motorway with Constanta harbor.
Does it have a small roundabout in the middle of it, as shown on OpenStreetMap? And will it still, when extended south over the canal (one presumes that is the way the southern extension will go?, rather than leaving this as a spur).
Quote:
Still going with those unhelpful TEM 'shields' then...

Found a few (on streetview) on non-motorway roads around Constanta, which given what the M stands for, wound up the pedant in me.
sotonsi no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
highways, infrastructure, motorways, romania