daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 3rd, 2013, 10:32 PM   #6381
darko06

Likes (Received): 149

Quote:
Originally Posted by sponge_bob View Post
God no, that includes work in Slovenia and Croatia and around Belgrade too.
There is no need for any work in Croatia on CX because all the way from Bajakovo (EU outer border with Serbia) to Bregana/Obrežje (joint Schengen border with Slovenia) there is full profile motorway with regular hard shoulders.

In Slovenia there is an unfinished part of A2 in direction Belgrade (between Grosuplje and Višnja Gora) where southern lane is placed directly on the old expressway (curvy and without hard shoulder). However, I wouldn't say that this is an obstacle for a foreseeable amount of time.

Under the EU regulations Slovenia and Austria are obliged to drill at least a ventilation tube to the present Karawankentunnel. We all would like that the second tube would be drilled instead and that the present tube subsequently will be used as a future escape route.

On the Phyrn branch Slovenes will start construction of full motorway between Ptuj and Gruškovje next year (the last unfinished part). However, after completion of this stretch there will be delays because the Krapina bypass of A2 is currently only one-laned, including the Sv. Tri Kralja tunnel, which is regularly equipped with a small escape tunnel tube at the place of future western lane tube. Croatian A2 is recently being managed by Strabag as majority concessioner and they are not keen to upgrade this small but vital part of this motorway for the time being.

On my opinion, the most urgent work to do is to finish Belgrade beltway as a full motorway with hard shoulders. This will be probably done by the Chinese, in which amount of time - we shall see.
darko06 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 3rd, 2013, 10:48 PM   #6382
darko06

Likes (Received): 149

However, if one looks at the European Commision recent proposal, both the Tauern and Phyrn mwys are NOT Core network, but only Comprehensive network. Same is with Maribor-Zagreb (SLO A4 - HR A2) and Villach-Ljubljana (AT A11 - SLO A2). It seems that to the Commision only the routes from Southwest (ES, FR, IT) to Northeast (SLO, CRO, HU, RO, SK) are valid, not the opposite (NW to SE route aka CX), unless if it goes for connecting the EU territory (CIV from A, HU to RO, BG and GR).
darko06 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2013, 11:20 PM   #6383
suvi genije

Likes (Received): 199

Quote:
To further complicate matters the Serbs/Montenegrins and Chinese have between them 'invented' 'Pan European Corridor XI' (it was not not Brussels where no such route officially exists) and the sections to be built (as linked above today) are to be funded by the Chinese and built by the Chinese ...who move onsite this month... ( and a section by the Azeris who are onsite). Above all else the Serbs want to get cracking before all the insane EU environmental rules kick in and delay everything for years. How very sensible of them.

Geopolitically speaking, Serbian Roads are a hot spot nowadays. Accession negotiations start shortly and Serbia could be an EU member by 2020, unlikely but possible.
Please have in mind that Serbian roads are closest natural connection from Istanbul and Athes to rest of Europe, and eastern (Sofija-Nis) and southern (Vranje-Leskovac) parts of CX will be completed in few years, and border jams won't last forever.
In the other hand, Romania and Bulgaria are EU members, and Serbia is not due to political reasons, but doesn't have worse standard of living and road infrastructure than our above mentioned dear neighbours. Serbia has smaller teritory of Bulgaria and Romania (much, much smaller), but at the moment has 625 km of completed full-profile motorways (plus 8 km bt the end of this month).
suvi genije no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2013, 11:24 PM   #6384
sponge_bob

Likes (Received): 2204

Quote:
Originally Posted by darko06 View Post
However, if one looks at the European Commision recent proposal
That recent proposal was called the "Trilogue" from late may. Here are the maps

http://ec.europa.eu/transport/infras...ortal/main.jsp

Click on left.

Trilogue Roads Core (to see core)
Trilogue Roads ( to see compresensive)

Not enough money to do anything but core projects ( Road/Rail/Airports etc) .
sponge_bob no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2013, 12:20 AM   #6385
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Likes (Received): 12043

This ....

Quote:
That recent proposal was called the "Trilogue" from late may. Here are the maps

http://ec.europa.eu/transport/infras...ortal/main.jsp

Click on left.

Trilogue Roads Core (to see core)
Trilogue Roads ( to see compresensive)

Not enough money to do anything but core projects ( Road/Rail/Airports etc) .
is not very consistent with this:

Quote:
South Eastern European Priorities will generally change, yes.

Geopolitically speaking, Serbian Roads are a hot spot nowadays. Accession negotiations start shortly and Serbia could be an EU member by 2020, unlikely but possible.

'Pan European Corridor XI' ends in Timisoara and was discussed on SSC before[/URL]. I expect nothing official will be said in Bucharest this year as the EU funding for 2014-2020 will be finalised by November/December 2013.
Castles and Mansions in Romania
Le Clerk está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2013, 01:13 AM   #6386
sponge_bob

Likes (Received): 2204

Corridor XI does not officially exist outside Serbia and Montenegro.

Serbia does qualify for some pre accession funding known as IPA funding from the External EU Budget, this is supervised ad hoc by the EU Delegation to Serbia ( not from a directorate in Brussels) . They got €200m+ in 2013.

http://www.europa.rs/en.html
http://www.europa.rs/en/projects/pro...ktivnosti.html

The EU Delegation are allowed a wide range of discretion based on this 2011 'Instrument' here.

http://ec.europa.eu/enlargement/pdf/...a_final_en.pdf

Quote:
The enlargement process extends the internal policies of the EU to the beneficiary countries.
It contributes to expansion of the internal market, the European Area of Justice and Freedom,
the trans-European energy and transport networks, the enhancement of employment
opportunities, skills development, education and social inclusion, poverty reduction,
protection of the environment and reduction of trans-boundary air and water pollution,
alignment with the Common Agricultural Policy and the Common Fisheries Policy
I Pity the poor Bureaucrat who is tasked to learn the Common Fisheries Policy in Belgrade, I really do.

Maps of Serbian and Montenegrin plans [QUOTE]here[/QUOTE]

They have received some dribs and drabs towards Corridor X from that IPA envelope.

http://www.europa.rs/sw4i/download/f...021.PDF?id=753

But they are fully funded ......by the World Bank and EIB from Internal resources.

http://www.worldbank.org/en/news/pre...nd-Road-Safety

Quote:
The Project will consist of four components:

Component 1 - The M-1 road to FYR of Macedonia (E-75) – Corridor Xd. This component involves the construction of two sections of motorway totaling 31.9 km between Grabovnica and Grdelica (5.6km), and between Vladicin Han and Donji Neradovac (26.4km) (Corridor Xd);

Component 2 - The M 1-12 Road to Bulgaria (E-80) – Niš – Dimitrovgrad - Corridor Xc. This component involves the construction of 8.67 km of motorway around Dimitrovgrad;

Component 3 - Road Safety: This component will support the implementation of the new Road Safety Law (passed 29 May) in the establishment of a Lead Agency, the development of a national road safety strategy, and the creation of a road safety performance framework; and

Component 4 - Implementation Assistance and Institutional Support: This component will provide support to implementation, including the supervision of the civil works, the supervision of the environmental and expropriation aspects of the project, and other necessary operational expenses.

With the full agreement of counterparts, this project also introduces the innovative step of two layers of technical audit to ensure the quality of the works – one supported by the loan and one paid directly by the Bank – to ensure that the money from the loan is spent on what it is meant to be. Further technical assistance will be provided to develop a reform action plan for the reform of the Public Enterprise Putevi Srbije, and after Government approval, the necessary support to implement it, to improve the management of the sector.

Corridor X Highway Project Q & AQ: What is the current situation?

Serbia is crossed by the important Pan-European road network Corridor X, and its constituent branches Belgrade-Budapest; Niš-Sofia; and Niš- FYR Macedonia, and which together form part of the South East Europe Transport Observatory (SEETO) ‘core network’. These branches amount to some 792 km in Serbia, and collectively represent the spine of the Serbian road network. However, despite their importance, nationally and internationally, currently not all sections of Corridor X in Serbia are of Motorway Standard. The key missing links on Corridor X on the road network in Serbia:

The construction of the second 2-lane carriageway on 118 km of motorway between Horgoš - Novi Sad (Corridor Xb);

The construction of a motorway on 98 km of the section of corridor between Niš and the border with Bulgaria at Dimitrovgrad (Corridor Xc);

The construction of a motorway on the corridor between Grabovnica and the border with FYR Macedonia (Corridor Xd); and

The completion of Sections 1-6 of Belgrade Bypass, which would form an important section of Corridor X.

In international comparisons, Serbia has scored poorly in terms of the quality of its infrastructure. One recent report noting that infrastructure is perceived amongst business men to place Serbia at a competitive disadvantage in doing business, compared to selected regional comparators. Serbia ranked 83rd out of 134 countries for the overall quality of infrastructure.

In terms of road infrastructure more specifically, a recent survey, financed by the World Bank, revealed that whilst one third of the road network is in good condition, primarily the main and regional roads, over half the road network is in a poor or very poor condition.

In addition, the level of injuries and fatalities caused by traffic accidents is a growing social and economic cost for the country. In the years 2003-2008, there were 5,232 fatalities and over 100,000 injuries resulting from road traffic crashes on the road network in Serbia. Injury and fatality on this scale makes this an economic and social problem, as well as a human tragedy. The latest available data for 2008 shows a total of 16,651 road accidents on Serbia roads with 22,275 injuries and 897 fatalities.
and

http://www.eib.org/projects/regions/...rbia/index.htm

Quote:
We have lent more than EUR 4.1bn to Serbia since 2000. The principal focus has been on transport projects (including trans-European networks) to provide better links for the country and the region.
and then they went after the Azeris and Chinese money too.
sponge_bob no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2013, 03:09 AM   #6387
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

In one post you say that CX is preferred over CIV south, and in another you post a map with TEN-T core with CIV south in it.
Old September 4th, 2013, 03:10 AM   #6388
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

A3 Bucharest-Bucharest Orbital section:

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda_no 5 View Post
Km (aprox) 3+200 spre centura
[IMG]image hosted on flickr
[/IMG]

Km 4 spre Centura
[/IMG]

Km 4 spre Bucuresti
Pina aici au ajuns utilajele de la Alpine cu turnarea celui de al doilea strat de bitum
[/IMG]

Km 5 spre Bucuresti( Se vede si Sky Tower!)
[/IMG]

Km 5 spre CB
[/IMG]

Km 6 spre Bucuresti
[/IMG]

Km 6 spre centura
[/IMG]

Trafic care vine de pe A3.
Am incercat sa trec de hala care imi statea in drum ca sa prind un cadru mai bun dar un paznic nu a fost de acord cu mine
[/IMG]

Cartierul Cosmopolis vazut de pe pasajul peste A3
[/IMG]

O bucatica din Pipera in plan apropiat plus o bucatica de Bucuresti.Se vad si macaralele de la Skanska!
[/IMG]

De pe pasaj spre Bucuresti. Se vede si de de aici Sky Tower.
[/IMG]

A3 din capatul pasajului spre Bucuresti
[/IMG]

Nu e nimic spectaculos fata de pozele anterioare.
S-ar putea ca intr-o saptamana de azi incolo sa se apuce de stilpii de iluminat.
Informatia e la stadiul de zvon.
Dupa cum se vade si din poze reteaua electrica rezista.
Old September 4th, 2013, 10:36 AM   #6389
Theijs

Likes (Received): 133

As i'm planning a trip from Budapest to Sibiu via Arad in November, I have the next questions, I hope somebody is able to help me out:

I know the M43 stops now at Makó, any idea when from Mako till the Romanian border should be ready?

Are Lugoj - Dumbrava / Orastie - Sebes Vest / Sebes Est - Lancram all sections of the same highway?

Do I understand correctly the section Dumbrava - Deva still needs to be completed?

Thanks!
Theijs no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2013, 11:12 AM   #6390
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theijs View Post
As i'm planning a trip from Budapest to Sibiu via Arad in November, I have the next questions, I hope somebody is able to help me out:

I know the M43 stops now at Makó, any idea when from Mako till the Romanian border should be ready?
Sometime in 2014?!

Quote:
Are Lugoj - Dumbrava / Orastie - Sebes Vest / Sebes Est - Lancram all sections of the same highway?
Yes, A1.

Last edited by Le Clerk; September 4th, 2013 at 11:18 AM.
Old September 4th, 2013, 01:22 PM   #6391
alwn

Likes (Received): 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theijs View Post

Do I understand correctly the section Dumbrava - Deva still needs to be completed?

Thanks!
motorway to Sibiu:

Mako- border 18 km complete 2014
border- Arad 44 km complete 2014
Arad- Timisoara 54 km existing
Timisoara- Lugoj 25 km still under tendering
Lugoj- Deva 27 km (Lugoj belt) should be open in September; the remaining sections(aprox 72 km) are still under tendering..
Deva- Orastie 33 km existing
Orastie- Sibiu; 82 km; 3 sections out of 4 should be open in November after many delays. I don't know what to say, the policy of the current gov is to build motorways with the speed of a snail. So,you need luck to find those completed in November.

violinivo, cornel001, MichiH liked this post
alwn no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2013, 02:16 PM   #6392
Capt.Vimes
Да живее България!

Likes (Received): 13138

Quote:
God no, that includes work in Slovenia and Croatia and around Belgrade too.
Why are you including Croatia and Slovenia, when there is a motorway from Belgrade to Vienna at the moment - through Hungary?
Capt.Vimes no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2013, 02:38 PM   #6393
panthiocodin

Likes (Received): 573

anyone know how many motorways and expressways are currently in use in Romania? if anyone have most recent map please share it!
panthiocodin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2013, 02:50 PM   #6394
Theijs

Likes (Received): 133

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Clerk View Post
and Alwn
thank you guys!
Theijs no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2013, 03:34 PM   #6395
bogdymol
bogdymod

Quote:
Originally Posted by panthiocodin View Post
anyone know how many motorways and expressways are currently in use in Romania? if anyone have most recent map please share it!
Motorways - 524 km
Expressways - 0 km
Map

edit:
ionut attentioned me that we actually have 547,51 km of open motorways in Romania right now:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ionut
In exploatare (km reali, nu km de numerotare) la 14.07.2013:
A1: Bucuresti-Pitesti 109,66 km (include Pitesti bypass)
A1: Sibiu bypass 17,56 km
A1: Orastie-Deva 32,80 km
A1: Lugoj-Timisoara lot 1 (Izvin-Giarmata, Timisoara bypass) 9,50 km
A1: Timisoara-Arad 44,50 km (include Arad bypass)
A2: Bucuresti-Cernavoda 150,40 km
A2: Cernavoda-Constanta (A4) 52,60 km
A3: Bucuresti-Ploiesti 56,29 km (sectiunea de 6 km intre CB si zona Pipera/Tunari nu este terminata)
A3: Campia Turzii-Gilau (Cluj vest) 52,00 km
A4: Constanta bypass 22,20 km
---------------------------------------------------------------------
TOTAL KM REALI IN EXPLOATARE: 547,51 km
---------------------------------------------------------------------
My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog

panthiocodin, violinivo liked this post

Last edited by bogdymol; September 4th, 2013 at 09:39 PM.
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2013, 03:45 PM   #6396
bogdymol
bogdymod

Romania, maybe the only country in the world where a motorway exit leads you to an unpaved road...

http://goo.gl/maps/aVD2X
My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog

cinxxx liked this post
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2013, 01:40 AM   #6397
panthiocodin

why they don't built expressways as well or there are some U/C right now? this might be a silly question for someone who follow this thread from the beginning but I just started so my excuse
Old September 5th, 2013, 08:09 AM   #6398
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Because all expressway projects were rejected and transformed into full motorways (e.g. Sebes-Turda, and Craiova-Pitesti, both initialy proposed as expressways, and then transformed into motorway projects). There is a slight bias against expressways here.
Old September 5th, 2013, 08:32 AM   #6399
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Chinese banks require to finance EUR 3 billion projects in Romania:

Sibiu-Pitesti motorway
Transilvania motorway (Bors-Suplacu section)
Braila Danube bridge
(+ some power plants)

Source
Old September 5th, 2013, 11:28 AM   #6400
panthiocodin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Clerk View Post
Because all expressway projects were rejected and transformed into full motorways (e.g. Sebes-Turda, and Craiova-Pitesti, both initialy proposed as expressways, and then transformed into motorway projects). There is a slight bias against expressways here.
thanks for answer, so one more thing then - what's the planned length of motorways in Romania? the only source with some informations about it I found on wikipidia but they are pretty often not updatet fast enough. It is said something about 2000km motorways to complete whole network but now I don't know if that's including expressways transformed into motorways as well or no? If yes then 2000km is not much for such a big place as Romania is!

Tags
highways, infrastructure, motorways, romania