daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 5th, 2013, 11:32 AM   #6401
bogdymol
bogdymod

Romania doesn't have a long-term plan for building motorways/expressways. We just think maximum 1 year in advance, so nobody can give you an estimate of the planned motorway length. Last long-term plan was made in the '60s and it was this one:

My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog

bleetz, the dogi liked this post
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 5th, 2013, 01:04 PM   #6402
panthiocodin

Likes (Received): 573

all clear now, thx once more time
panthiocodin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2013, 08:31 PM   #6403
alwn

Likes (Received): 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Clerk View Post
Chinese banks require to finance EUR 3 billion projects in Romania:

Sibiu-Pitesti motorway
Transilvania motorway (Bors-Suplacu section)
Braila Danube bridge
(+ some power plants)

Source
I know how is working. Unfortunetelly chinese gov/state owned banks want only to grant loans demading in exchange to build with chinese construction companies. Chinese don't want to invest in Romania by PPP. Think at China like a huge bank who is willing to loan infrastructure projects in countries like Romania thereby providing work to chinese construction companies. Trust me, I know what I'm talking.
Of course the EU restrictions concerning budgetary deficit would not allow to engage such kind of loans. So better to forget..
Old September 5th, 2013, 10:22 PM   #6404
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Likes (Received): 12043

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogdymol View Post
Romania doesn't have a long-term plan for building motorways/expressways. We just think maximum 1 year in advance, so nobody can give you an estimate of the planned motorway length. Last long-term plan was made in the '60s and it was this one:

Not actually true. There are official motorway plans, but while the backbone network remains unchanged, the secondary framework changes with government interests. I think the most accurate current plans are as follwing:

Castles and Mansions in Romania

bleetz liked this post

Last edited by Le Clerk; September 5th, 2013 at 10:27 PM.
Le Clerk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2013, 10:25 PM   #6405
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by panthiocodin View Post
thanks for answer, so one more thing then - what's the planned length of motorways in Romania? the only source with some informations about it I found on wikipidia but they are pretty often not updatet fast enough. It is said something about 2000km motorways to complete whole network but now I don't know if that's including expressways transformed into motorways as well or no? If yes then 2000km is not much for such a big place as Romania is!
The 2,000 km are the backbone network which is formed of A0, A1, A2, A3, and A5. If we add the other proposed motorways, we are getting close to 3,500-4,000 km.
Old September 5th, 2013, 10:34 PM   #6406
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19391

4500 - 5000 kilometer sounds about right, considering the size of Romania and how its major cities are geographically spread out in the country. I think it will ultimately have less of a radial network than Hungary, but a hybrid system with radial spokes and tangential connecting motorways. I don't think we'll see a lot of urban motorways, Romanian cities are relatively small except for Bucharest.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2013, 01:00 PM   #6407
Samply

Likes (Received): 23

yeah but all these are fantasies right now. The A3 that was the priority in the past was later scrapped, no action going on there. The A1 which is the priority now, nobody knows if and when that will be completed. The motivations for what happened in the past where mostly political and things remain that way. Hopefully several new sections of the A1 will open in the coming months but then what? Yes there will be some 100+km of new motorway linking Sibiu with Deva, that's great, but still incomplete without the section between Deva and Timisoara, that needs to be built on a more difficult terrain, and all bets are on as to when this section will be complete.
Samply no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2013, 01:25 PM   #6408
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19391

You can't expect to build all your needed motorways in a decade. Hungary did a great job expanding its network, but remember it took countries like France (1960 - 2005), Sweden (1960 - 2000) or Germany (1935 - 1940 & 1955 - 2010) also four - five decades to get an integrated network of motorways.

Only a few countries developed most of their network in 25 years or less, these are Portugal (1990 - 2010), Italy (1955 - 1975) and Spain (1995 -2010). Poland has currently a huge momentum to build a significant proportion of their network in 2 decades (2005-2025).

my clinched highways / travel mapping • highway photography @ Flickr and Youtube

panda80, mcarling, Vignole, MHN, the dogi liked this post
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2013, 03:15 PM   #6409
Samply

I was really responding to Le Clerc, who put up a misleading pic, regarding Romanian long term plans, the map he put up of Romania means nothing, there's no substance to it, and he should know it.
All that's going on in Romania right now is A1, hoping that things don't go wrong!
There is nothing substantial now regarding a motorway between Targu Mures and Iasi, for instance, it's just a line on a map.
Old September 6th, 2013, 09:41 PM   #6410
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

The one misleading is you. That map represents the current priorities. And they should be obvious to you if you are up to date to motorway projects currently.
Old September 6th, 2013, 10:32 PM   #6411
medicu' de garda
Moderator de garda

Likes (Received): 1368

@Samply, I don't see what's wrong with showing that map, it represents all the planed motorways to this date. It is the only sign of long term planing we get to see from our goverment. The idea was to show what motorways are sure to be built in the long term, not the ones that will be ready in the next few years.

Actually, there is something wrong with the map. It's too damn scarce! Beside motorways that we know are going to be built eventually, like A6 and Bucharest-Giurgiu, which aren't shown, there are giant areas not covered by a motorway route. With large cities like Braila, Galati, Suceava, Baia Mare, Satu Mare. This clearly shows the incapacity of our goverment of devising a Motorway Master-plan, something which has been pointed out already by the EU. They have been told that no funding will be asured for 2014-2020 without such a plan. And with 4 months left, our transport ministry scrambles to make up one. Which will mean that out contries priorities can no longer be changed every few years, as some smart guy comes up with a new dreamed up motorway that needs to be built instead (see the recent Bucharest-Alexandria motorway, or Brasov-Sibiu instead of A1 Pitesti-Sibiu )

bogdymol liked this post
medicu' de garda no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2013, 10:34 PM   #6412
bogdymol
bogdymod

Quote:
Originally Posted by medicu' de garda View Post
Motorway Master-plan
We need this!!! It should also come with an approximate order priority, because if it doesn't every time the government party changes, they will abandon what their predecesors did and will start the construction paperwork for other motorway sections.
My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2013, 08:38 AM   #6413
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

This!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
You can't expect to build all your needed motorways in a decade. Hungary did a great job expanding its network, but remember it took countries like France (1960 - 2005), Sweden (1960 - 2000) or Germany (1935 - 1940 & 1955 - 2010) also four - five decades to get an integrated network of motorways.

Only a few countries developed most of their network in 25 years or less, these are Portugal (1990 - 2010), Italy (1955 - 1975) and Spain (1995 -2010). Poland has currently a huge momentum to build a significant proportion of their network in 2 decades (2005-2025).

Let them sign this year the concessions (Craiova-Pitesti, Comarnic-Brasov, A0 south), Bacau by-pass, and the rest of lots on Lugoj-Deva. And sign next year on Pitesti-Sibiu, and Dumbrava-Focsani, and there's already a huge amount of work.

Last edited by Le Clerk; September 7th, 2013 at 08:07 PM.
Old September 7th, 2013, 12:43 PM   #6414
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

BTW: Ramona was appointed for her negotiations skills with the Brussels dudes

Quote:
(Correspondence) Minister Manescu says discussed with Commissioner Kallas several large-scale transport projects
Friday, 06 September 2013 19:40

AGERPRES correspondent Florin Stefan reports: Romania proposed several large-scale projects on transport that will bring extra value not only to Romania, but to the entire region and European Commissioner for Transport Siim Kallas voiced openness to support them, new Transport Minister Ramona Manescu said, after the first meeting held with the European official in Brussels.

Manescu said she and Kallas discussed the phase in the negotiations for the transport strategy and the Master Plan that the Romanian authorities are to finalize in the period ahead and she agreed with the European commissioner to coordinate the activity with the European Commission's services.

'Of course we have already established which are the projects we would like to conduct in the period ahead, but we are to set together with the EC which are the priority projects we'll being with. We will prepare them together and with the EC support, so as to be able to get funding for these projects as early as from the first calls in 2014. The commissioner was quite open, since the projects we proposed are large-scale projects that bring extra value not only to Romania, but to the entire region and he was very glad to support us. We have all confidence that we, with our projects, will be able to obtain funding as early as from the first calls in 2014', Manescu told a press briefing.

The minister did not offer any example of such large-scale projects, but she only explained it is about a list negotiated with the EU executive.

'We try to have projects that can be applied as part of the overall cohesion policy as well as within the CEF, because we must use absolutely all resources, they do not exclude one another, therefore all the resources we have available must be used at the utmost', she stressed.
Source

So they haven't agreed with the EC yet the projects proposed by the Romanian side.
Old September 7th, 2013, 10:08 PM   #6415
Capt.Vimes
Да живее България!

Likes (Received): 13141

Guys, from which site should I buy Romanian vignette? I found this one and this one.
Capt.Vimes no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2013, 11:14 AM   #6416
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by notes View Post
Pana apare vreo filmare, mai bagam o poza:

http://www.sibiul.ro/arhiva-poza-zil...9-01-2340.html

violinivo, the dogi liked this post
Old September 8th, 2013, 11:28 AM   #6417
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt.Vimes View Post
Guys, from which site should I buy Romanian vignette? I found this one and this one.
The first link is "official", meaning it belongs to the Transportation Ministry. E-rovinieta is also a smartphone app, for Android, iOS, and Windows Mobile. Should work.

The second belongs to the National Freight Haulers. I guess they are both OKish, though I used none of them.

I usually buy from gas stations, mostly Petrom, for 1 year, for comfort.

If you enter Romania in Giurgiu, there is a Petrom station about 100 m after the bridge crossing, and they should have RO vignette. I think there is a Petrom station just after the Vama Veche too, if you come that way.

Old September 8th, 2013, 11:59 AM   #6418
Capt.Vimes
Да живее България!

Likes (Received): 13141

Thank you. I usually buy it at that Petrom station in Giurgiu.
Capt.Vimes no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2013, 02:11 PM   #6419
d29

Likes (Received): 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt.Vimes View Post

Thank you. I usually buy it at that Petrom station in Giurgiu.
Last time I bought from
https://www.emag.ro/roviniete?path=roviniete

Unfortunately it's in Romanian but trustworthy.
d29 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2013, 07:17 PM   #6420
Samply

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Clerk View Post
The one misleading is you. That map represents the current priorities. And they should be obvious to you if you are up to date to motorway projects currently.
I am up to date and all I see is a lot of talk, again I ask you at what stage are we with the Targu Mures-Iasi motorway?
Most of the motorways on that map none of you can give me the slightest idea of when or if they are going to get built.
For that matter nobody knows when even the A1 will be open for traffic between Sibiu and Ploiesti!

Tags
highways, infrastructure, motorways, romania