daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 18th, 2013, 02:35 PM   #6601
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Likes (Received): 12012

Orastie-Sibiu LOT 1 (24 KM) ready for opening (9 Nov acc to Strabag):

Castles and Mansions in Romania

gogo3o, MichiH, Samply liked this post
Le Clerk está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 18th, 2013, 09:34 PM   #6602
PhirgataZFs1694

Likes (Received): 1560

What are the poles for - lamp posts at SOS booths?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sponge_bob View Post
The EU has also observed that Romania and Bulgaria seem to have priorities that are not EU priorities, but local ones. Bulgaria got away with it though.
Could you explain what you mean?

Last edited by PhirgataZFs1694; October 18th, 2013 at 09:46 PM.
PhirgataZFs1694 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2013, 10:06 PM   #6603
sponge_bob

Likes (Received): 2199

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhirgataZFs1694 View Post

Could you explain what you mean?
Sure. Jump to page 78 of the

Ten-T Implementation Progress Report November 2012

http://ec.europa.eu/transport/themes..._low_final.pdf

Quote:
The chances of a timely realisation of the entire Priority Project are unfortunately low. A lack of cooperation between the Member States
can be observed. Bulgaria and Romania are investing in projects outside of PP7 that serve national interests
HTH

PhirgataZFs1694 liked this post
sponge_bob no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2013, 10:20 PM   #6604
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

LOL. How long is since I mentioned that?!
Old October 18th, 2013, 10:32 PM   #6605
alwn

Likes (Received): 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Clerk View Post
Well, well.

The EC has accepted to:

1. Move the former CIV from Pitesti-Sibiu to Bucharest-Brasov.
2. Make a U turn to Craiova on the future Sofia-Timisoara motorway - as I was arguing here previously.
3. There appears a core connection in between Bucharest and Craiova, and further to Sofia.
4. No core network in east Romania.
Not so well

1.http://www.oradesibiu.ro/2013/10/ana...ai-importanta/

actually the scenario will be like this: Mr Competent Sova will fail with his PPP ( is already failed as far as I know) for Comarnic- Brasov and obviously the last hope remains the European funds.
So instead building both, Pitesti- Sibiu (less crowded, more expensive, PPP hopeless..) and Ploiesti- Brasov (overcrowded, just perfect for a PPP) we are going to build only one (Ploiesti- Brasov extended to Sibiu) which will attract also at least half of traffic from Pitesti- Sibiu.. You can imagine the result..

Quote:
2. Make a U turn to Craiova on the future Sofia-Timisoara motorway - as I was arguing here previously.
actually you was arguing against the romanian part of Timisoara- Sofia motorway. Your idea went against the development of motorway following Lugoj- Caransebes- Orsova- Calafat bridge. Instead you went for a development of Calafat bridge- Craiova- Pitesti- Sibiu- Arad .
anyway again you are in error. It is not a detour through Craiova. Instead the direction is straight Timisoara- Lugoj- Caransebes- Tr Severin- Calafat bridge. As for Craiova will be further on the way to Bucharest. So if you are from Timisoara and need to go in Sofia you don't need to go through Craiova

Cutarescu liked this post

Last edited by alwn; October 18th, 2013 at 10:41 PM.
alwn no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2013, 11:22 PM   #6606
sponge_bob

Romania could pull down a lot of Cohesion funds, enough to build 2 good roads Bucharest-Arad, perhaps a High Quality 120kph expressway standard is what Romania really needs at this point, like the Poles have done.

EU Cohesion Funds, 2014-2020. Allocations.

gogo3o, Le Clerk liked this post
Old October 18th, 2013, 11:28 PM   #6607
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19364

A relatively small budget if you think about it (and compare it to the EU economy of € 15 trillion per year = € 105 trillion over this budget period).
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2013, 11:34 PM   #6608
sponge_bob

Thats just the Cohesion fund, there is the large Transport budget and the CAP for farmers as well in the major programmes. However there is enough to build 2 good roads Bucharest - Arad as well a spur to Calafat, at the very least.

It all comes to around 1% of EU income , €1 trillion out of your €105 Trillion Chris, but farmers get less of it than they used to.
Old October 22nd, 2013, 09:28 AM   #6609
mman2012

Likes (Received): 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by sotonsi View Post
The EU has changed it's TEN-T core network. http://europa.eu/rapid/press-release_MEMO-13-897_en.htm

In Romania the core network is now as follows: River Danube, Budapest - Arad, Arad - Brasov, Brasov-Bucharest, Arad - Timisoara, Timisoara - Craiova, Craiova - Sofia, Craiova - Bucharest, Bucharest - Sofia.

These changes look like the recent changes in network priorities of the Romania Government - that the A6 and A3 crossings of the mountains are more important than the A1 one.
I think that changing important routes like these with a click-of-a-mouse after years of preparations, money spend on various studies and all it's just a proof of incompetence both inside the national governments and also at European level....
At Romania's traffic values, A3 without A1 and A1 without A3... mountain crossing will remain an issue (think just of A3 with all the western bound traffic and the Bucharest-Brasov traffic together, add to that the fact that the Bucharest ring road is not yet modernized (and the plans for a northern A0 are quite far.... just a south A0 with now becomes a little bit useless...) )

Oh well....
mman2012 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2013, 02:33 PM   #6610
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2080

Quote:
Originally Posted by mman2012 View Post
At Romania's traffic values, A3 without A1 and A1 without A3... mountain crossing will remain an issue (think just of A3 with all the western bound traffic and the Bucharest-Brasov traffic together, add to that the fact that the Bucharest ring road is not yet modernized (and the plans for a northern A0 are quite far.... just a south A0 with now becomes a little bit useless...) )
Oh well....
I think it is not a big problem. The A0 must be modernized anyway. The motorway Arad-Timisoara-Craiova-Bucharest/Sofia (A6?) will be the 2nd mountain crossing motorway. This route does also connect Hungary with Bulgaria but the A1 route doesn't. The studies has disclosed that the A1 route is too expensive. There are other routes which will have a better benefit!

Quote:
In Romania the core network is now as follows: River Danube, Budapest - Arad, Arad - Brasov, Brasov-Bucharest, Arad - Timisoara, Timisoara - Craiova, Craiova - Sofia, Craiova - Bucharest, Bucharest - Sofia.
I can't see a direct connection Bucharest-Sofia on the map. I think the route is across Craiova .
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2013, 04:29 PM   #6611
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Lugoj Deva lots 2 and 3 (50 km in total) were just signed.

LOT 2 with Secol (IT) for EUR 128 m

LOT 3 with a consortium led byTeloxim (RO) for EUR 132 m

Source

MichiH liked this post
Old October 22nd, 2013, 04:38 PM   #6612
MichiH

Another 25.6km section b/n Timisoara and Lugoj will also be signed soon (96 million €; Italian companies Tirrena Scavi and Societa Italiana per Condotte D' Acqua)!?

I think afterwards all contracts will be signed, won't they?
Old October 22nd, 2013, 04:50 PM   #6613
sotonsi

I meant Bucharest - Constanta for that last one!

We are also more looking at the A1 Pitesti-Sibiu replacement being the Pitesti-Craiova or Southern motorway (whichever one is how Budapest and the A6 are linked), rather than A3 Brasov-Ploesti.

Sure, A3 will cover Sibiu, Deva, etc, however A6 will cover Timisoara and points north and west (Budapest, Prague, Vienna, etc) when it comes to access to Bucharest and Constanta.

As such, A0 South remains a higher priority than A0 north, though I can imagine that the A2-A3 section will be pushed up the priority list when this set of motorway plans is complete.
sotonsi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2013, 05:05 PM   #6614
MichiH

Quote:
I meant Bucharest - Constanta for that last one!

Quote:
We are also more looking at the A1 Pitesti-Sibiu replacement being the Pitesti-Craiova or Southern motorway (whichever one is how Budapest and the A6 are linked), rather than A3 Brasov-Ploesti.
I think A1 b/n Hungary and Sibiu will be completed "soon". The plan for A3 Brasov-Ploiesti is more advanced than the A6 plan. I guess the missing gap b/n Sibiu and Fagaras/Brasov is not so difficult to plan and build like planning and building the entire southern motorway.

Quote:
Sure, A3 will cover Sibiu, Deva, etc, however A6 will cover Timisoara and points north and west (Budapest, Prague, Vienna, etc) when it comes to access to Bucharest and Constanta.
The A1/A3 motorway will also cover Timisoara, Budapest, Prague, Vienna etc.

The A6 advantage is that it connects Bulgaria/Turkey/Greece to Hungary. I could only accept this argument for a priority change to the southern motorway.

Quote:
As such, A0 South remains a higher priority than A0 north, though I can imagine that the A2-A3 section will be pushed up the priority list when this set of motorway plans is complete.
I think the entire A0 should be completed until 2020.
Old October 22nd, 2013, 05:29 PM   #6615
medicu' de garda
Moderator de garda

Likes (Received): 1368

Would you people PLEASE stop debating over an obviously wrong map used in a poor-quality article? That thing posted across two pages is nothing other than the map of the TEN-T core RAILWAY projects in Romania. The ROADS mapm, the one they should have used, is mostly unchanged, thery're still the same TEN-T core routes that were negociated almost two years ago, including the Bucharest-Suceava-Siret and Sebes-Turda-Targu Mures-Iasi-Ungheni motorways.

Could someone post the link to the respective maps? Thank you
Old October 22nd, 2013, 06:31 PM   #6616
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
Another 25.6km section b/n Timisoara and Lugoj will also be signed soon (96 million €; Italian companies Tirrena Scavi and Societa Italiana per Condotte D' Acqua)!?

I think afterwards all contracts will be signed, won't they?
What other contracts do you mean?
Old October 22nd, 2013, 06:34 PM   #6617
MichiH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Clerk View Post
What other contracts do you mean?
That's my question . I guess all A1 contracts b/n Hungary and Sibiu will be signed afterwards.
Old October 22nd, 2013, 07:53 PM   #6618
Blackraven

Likes (Received): 233

Quote:
Originally Posted by sponge_bob View Post
Romania could pull down a lot of Cohesion funds, enough to build 2 good roads Bucharest-Arad, perhaps a High Quality 120kph expressway standard is what Romania really needs at this point, like the Poles have done.

EU Cohesion Funds, 2014-2020. Allocations.

I have a question:

Does Romania (or rather all EU member countries in general) have to ask for road infrastructure money from the EU Government?

Can't they get from private entities/investors or from the national government (i.e. in this case Romania government)?
Blackraven no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2013, 08:01 PM   #6619
MichiH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackraven View Post
Does Romania (or rather all EU member countries in general) have to ask for road infrastructure money from the EU Government?
No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackraven View Post
Can't they get from private entities/investors or from the national government (i.e. in this case Romania government)?
The EU countries are asking the EU for money to increase their budgets. The main problem is lack of money in relation to demand.
Thus there is a EU budget every EU country is trying to get as much money as possible. The saved national money can be used for other projects - infrastructure projects or totally different projects.
Old October 22nd, 2013, 08:51 PM   #6620
sotonsi

Quote:
Originally Posted by medicu' de garda View Post
That thing posted across two pages is nothing other than the map of the TEN-T core RAILWAY projects in Romania.
So there's a railway along the Danube?

Here's descriptions of the two corridors through Romania:
"The Orient/East-Med Corridor connects the maritime interfaces of the North, Baltic, Black and Mediterranean Seas, optimising the use of the ports concerned and the related Motorways of the Sea. Including Elbe as inland waterway, it will improve the multimodal connections between Northern Germany, the Czech Republic, the Pannonian region and Southeast Europe. It extends, across the sea, from Greece to Cyprus."
"The Rhine-Danube Corridor, with the Main and Danube waterway as its backbone, connects the central regions around Strasbourg and Frankfurt via Southern Germany to Vienna, Bratislava, Budapest and finally the Black Sea, with an important branch from Munich to Prague, Zilina, Kosice and the Ukrainian border."
And another relevant quote (with my highlight):
"The Danube was a priority project on its own, but limited to the inland waterways. Now the Rhine-Danube corridor will not only cover the Danube, but better connect it to the other inland waterways (Rhine) and include rail and roads to link central Europe to Germany and France."
It's a mix of modes - these are multi-modal maps showing the high priority corridors. The corridor changes also fit with Romania's recent changes in motorway network priorities that we were discussing before the map appeared*. So this map does, very much, include roads.

*I put the map on this thread as evidence of the change in priorities as Romanian sources weren't apparently good enough for the nay sayers. Will even sods turning on the A3 and A6 mountain crossings be enough to convince them of the changed priorities?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
I think A1 b/n Hungary and Sibiu will be completed "soon". The plan for A3 Brasov-Ploiesti is more advanced than the A6 plan. I guess the missing gap b/n Sibiu and Fagaras/Brasov is not so difficult to plan and build like planning and building the entire southern motorway.
Quote:
The A1/A3 motorway will also cover Timisoara, Budapest, Prague, Vienna etc.
Yes, but that traffic will take the A6 when that is open as it is shorter and flatter (and Arad - Pitesti via Craiova is only 4km shorter than via Sibiu, so when you take into account the mountains the A6 would be slightly quicker than the A1).

My main point here in discussing how traffic will take the A6, however, was that the A3 mountain crossing won't be overloaded - unlike what someone was saying upthread.

Le Clerk liked this post
sotonsi no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
highways, infrastructure, motorways, romania