daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 6th, 2013, 08:23 AM   #6701
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Likes (Received): 12043

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogdymol View Post
Is there an estimate consumption of fuel in Romania to get a clue if the total revenues after this new tax are 10M € / year or 1 billion € / year?
> EUR 0.5 billion

Source

Money will go into state funded motorways: A3 for the begining (Comarnic-Brasov and Suplacu-Bors).
Castles and Mansions in Romania
Le Clerk no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 6th, 2013, 08:35 AM   #6702
bogdymol
bogdymod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Clerk View Post
> EUR 0.5 billion

Source

Money will go into state funded motorways: A3 for the begining (Comarnic-Brasov and Suplacu-Bors).
Excuse me, but I find that introducing a new tax for financing A3 Comarnic - Brasov motorway is pure robbery. I will explain now why.

A3 Comarnic - Brasov will be built as a PPP project (Public-Private Partenership). This means that the constructions company come with money from bank loans and build the motorway and after that they get their money back from the tolls that drivers that will use that motorway will pay. Why should I pay a tax for that motorway everytime I refill my car and if I get to drive on it I pay again? And if I don't drive on that private road I still have to pay for it? Not to mention that we already have a 'road tax' included in the fuel price.

I have no problem with that tax as long as it gets to found other motorways (like A3 Suplacu - Bors).
My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2013, 08:58 AM   #6703
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

You will pay tax for all motorways in Romania, including Suplacu-Bors.

Because there is need for additional money to build motorways from own sources. I have no problem with it, as long as this fund is used for motorways,and not smth else.
Old November 6th, 2013, 09:02 AM   #6704
bogdymol
bogdymod

I'm already paying 2 taxes to drive on the Romanian roads and motorways: the vignette and the road tax included in the fuel.

As I said before, I have no problem with this new tax for building state-financed motorways, but I don't want the money from it to go to a private motorway (Comarnic-Brasov) where you have to pay again when you drive on it. Finance Suplacu-Bors, Campia Turzii-Tg. Mures, Ploiesti-Focsani or other motorway with those money, but not a private-motorway.
Old November 6th, 2013, 09:23 AM   #6705
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

You know well there are 2 major costs: construction costs and maintenance costs, after construction.

This fund is for construction costs, either they are incurred through dirrect construction (Suplacu-Bors) or through a PPP (Comarnic-Brasov). There's no difference. Both are construction costs.

Once these are built, you'll pay a tax every time you use either of these for maintenance purposes.

So, there you go, no difference!
Old November 6th, 2013, 10:37 AM   #6706
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19391

What taxes are there in Romania?

* how much is the excise duty tax per liter in RON?
* do you have to pay an annual fee?
* are there other road taxes besides tolls and vignette?
* are there special taxes on new cars?

If you have a link to an official Romanian government site that would be great.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2013, 10:54 AM   #6707
ionutz_08

Likes (Received): 102

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
What taxes are there in Romania?

* how much is the excise duty tax per liter in RON?
* are there other road taxes besides tolls and vignette?

If you have a link to an official Romanian government site that would be great.
*around 60% of the price/litre are taxes.including a road tax
*for the roads?YES (second tax)
*in the fuel price
*new and old cars in the same way.
Old November 6th, 2013, 10:55 AM   #6708
ionutz_08

Likes (Received): 102

no link available....its a State secret
Old November 6th, 2013, 11:26 AM   #6709
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Romanian fuel excise is among the lowest in EU relative to the cost of fuel. Around 45% of the cost, while the EU average is above 50%.
Old November 6th, 2013, 11:28 AM   #6710
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ionutz_08 View Post
no link available....its a State secret
Nope.
Old November 6th, 2013, 11:47 AM   #6711
bogdymol
bogdymod

Quote:
Yes, you have to pay an annual fee for owning a car, but that's not very expensive (for cars with normal engines, not 4 liter engines).

Quote:
Yes, there is a "first registration tax" or "ecological tax" introduced in 2007 I think. This tax it's payed only once for every car, at the first registration in Romania. If the car is new, you pay it then. If you buy it second-hand from another country, you pay when you register it first. If you buy a second-hand car from Romania that was registered before 2007 (so no tax was payed back then), you have to pay the tax first time you re-register it (the buyer pays that tax).

For new cars it's usually under 500 or 1000 € because of efficient engines.

For older cars sometimes the tax is worth more than the car. For example my mother would sell her 2005 Renault Clio 1.5 dCi, but she can't because the tax is ~3000 € and it's about the same value of the car. Who would buy the car from her if he knows that he has to pay an additional 3000 € tax to the state? This is one of the reasons many cars owned by Romanians are registered in Bulgaria.

The official tax calculator is here.

ChrisZwolle liked this post
Old November 6th, 2013, 02:33 PM   #6712
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19391

A1 Arad

September 2013 imagery.

my clinched highways / travel mapping • highway photography @ Flickr and Youtube

bogdymol, AlexisMD, roata liked this post
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2013, 08:18 PM   #6713
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Some official confirmations of what was only suggested so far:

- former C IV route is now changed from Sibiu-Pitesti to Sibiu-Brasov-Comarnic: Sibiu-Pitesti costs EUR 3.2 billion, Brasov-Comarnic costs EUR 900 million (built with private money under PPP), and Sibiu-Brasov costs EUR 800 million.

- Total EU motorway allocation for Romania during 2014-2020 is EUR 3 billion: if Romania chooses to build Sibiu-Pitesti, alll the EU money go to this project; if it chooses Sibiu-Brasov-Comarnic, Romania saves EUR 2.2 billion for other projects: A6 Lugoj-Craiova-Calafat and A5 Ploiesti-Focsani.

MichiH, Blackraven, sotonsi liked this post
Old November 8th, 2013, 08:45 PM   #6714
stavix

Likes (Received): 269

What about Comarnic-Ploiesti?It will be build with EU money or under PPP?
stavix no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2013, 09:30 PM   #6715
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Comarnic-Ploiesti is a straight 2x2 road, with very few at-grade junctions, and no towns in its way. It could be easily upgraded into a 3x2 expressway. Even now, it takes 130 km/h or more easily.
Old November 8th, 2013, 10:12 PM   #6716
medicu' de garda
Moderator de garda

Likes (Received): 1368

Leclerk, please stop spreading such nonsense. A national road cannot simply be converted into a motorway for a number of reasons. One of them is that the road passes straight through Comarnic, Breaza and Banesti. The other is that you need a non-motorway route in place for local traffic. And by no means is there any space for 2x3 after Campina. Besides the LEGAL LIMIT for any european road is 100km/h + 10km/h bonus. You can't expect traffic to go any faster than that SAFELY, especially without a central divider. It's true that it can carry motorway traffic for a long time, until the missing link will be built, so we needn't worry about that.

Quote:
former C IV route is now changed from Sibiu-Pitesti to Sibiu-Brasov-Comarnic: Sibiu-Pitesti costs EUR 3.2 billion, Brasov-Comarnic costs EUR 900 million (built with private money under PPP), and Sibiu-Brasov costs EUR 800 million.
Is there any official document, preferrably an EU one, that confirms this? Cause I've heard the same meaningless speech for some time now, with no effect (thankfully). Besides, how could they possibly know that Sibiu-Pitesti costs 3.2 billion, since they never refreshed the fesability study, that's 5 years old already???
Old November 8th, 2013, 10:16 PM   #6717
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by medicu' de garda View Post
Leclerk, please stop spreding such nonsense. A national road cannot simply be converted into a motorway for a number of reasons. One of them is that the road passes straight through Comarnic, Breaza and Banesti. And by no means is there any space for 2x3 after Campina. Besides the LEGAL LIMIT for any european road is 100km/h + 10km/h bonus. You can't expect traffic to go any faster than that SAFELY, especially without a central divider. It's true that it can carry motorway traffic for a long time, until the missing link will be built, so we needn't worry about that.
I never referred to a motorway, but to an expressway at 2x3.

I did mention that there are very few towns in the way and those are Breaza and Banesti. I think short by-passes could be built for those 2 small towns.

A almost rectiline 2x3 road can take a motorway traffic, since even now, at 2x2, it's a very good road that can take the current high traffic, at more than 120 km/h speed.

Quote:
Is there any official document, preferrably an EU one, that confirms this? Cause I've heard the same meaningless speech for some time now, with no effect (thankfully). Besides, how could they possibly know that Sibiu-Pitesti costs 3.2 billion, since they never refreshed the fesability study, that's 5 years old already???
They refer to the only existing FS. There is no updated FS.
Old November 8th, 2013, 11:39 PM   #6718
medicu' de garda
Moderator de garda

Likes (Received): 1368

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Clerk View Post
They refer to the only existing FS. There is no updated FS.
They refer to absolutely nothing at all, that's the problem. You can't use a 6 year old FS done before the crisis to compare costs with a project that wasn't even designed as a full motorway - Sibiu-Fagaras was supposed to be an express-road, and Fagaras-Brasov was part of the Transilvania motorway, but never reached the final design stage. So no actual costs to compare. Besides, the first thing the new goverment did when they came was to cancel the tender for renewing the FS for Pitesti-Sibiu, which would have offered a final design solution and a new, surely lower price tag!!

It's not that they are comparing apples to oranges when discussing these two variants. They are comparing old rotten apples with some fruit they haven't even discovered yet. It's ridiculous!

alexcosma liked this post
medicu' de garda no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2013, 10:45 AM   #6719
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2082

Quote:
Originally Posted by medicu' de garda View Post
It's not that they are comparing apples to oranges when discussing these two variants. They are comparing old rotten apples with some fruit they haven't even discovered yet. It's ridiculous!
I absolutely agree. But can you expect anything else? I also don't want to compare apples and oranges but things like you've described are common in countries like Germany .
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2013, 01:28 PM   #6720
Wolfgang16

Likes (Received): 49

Where is the problem? Studies cost money and take time. To me it seems obvious that Sibiu-Brasov-Ploiesti is the better solution. You should take into account that this will also result in a better West - East connection Hungary-Arad-Sibiu-Brasov-Ploiesti-Focsani-Moldavia-Ukraine.

Last edited by Wolfgang16; November 9th, 2013 at 01:36 PM.
Wolfgang16 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
highways, infrastructure, motorways, romania