daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 15th, 2013, 10:26 AM   #6821
cove_adrian

Likes (Received): 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Clerk View Post
Where are those figures from?! The table I posted shows the figures resulted from the same census. Your map just shows lines of intervals, for ex. red line is AADT > 16 k.
The data are from Cestrin. The data are the detailed info about the road traffic. There are the average values measured by the Cestrin in 2011.
The database was used in a research project within the Faculty of Geography from Iasi.

The figure is from a 2006 Cestrin estimation.

Sponsored Links
Old November 15th, 2013, 06:48 PM   #6822
Theijs

Likes (Received): 133

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Clerk View Post
how to make a tunnel on a running hill
Why to make a tunnel again??
Theijs no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2013, 10:33 AM   #6823
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Likes (Received): 12044

Quote:
Originally Posted by cove_adrian View Post
The data are from Cestrin. The data are the detailed info about the road traffic. There are the average values measured by the Cestrin in 2011.
The database was used in a research project within the Faculty of Geography from Iasi.

The figure is from a 2006 Cestrin estimation.
The data I posted is from CNADNR surveys in 2010. Have no clue which is which.
Castles and Mansions in Romania
Le Clerk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2013, 10:37 AM   #6824
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

BTW - good news: works started on the expansion of Bucharest orbital north, for the rest of 20 km as follows:

between Voluntari and A1: 11 km
between Chitila and A2: 9 km

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzer01 View Post
Cateva poze de pe DNCB intre Chitila si A1. Lucrarile sunt intrerupte din cand in cand probabil din cauza exproprierilor, mai ales in zona Petrom-ului nou si a bazei Tehnologica.
Dupa podul de la Dragomiresti nu au atacat nimic.

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

Au facut un sant de aprox 2m pe care il vor umple cu pamant si balastru, dar de ce nu il lipesc de actualul drum? Sunt cam 2-3 metri distanta intre benzi.
image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

Aici este diferenta cea mai mare de nivel intre drumul actual si camp. Daca nu se percepe din poza, sunt in jur de 7-8 metri diferenta de nivel.
image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

lucian.lucaci liked this post

Last edited by Le Clerk; November 17th, 2013 at 03:12 PM.
Old November 17th, 2013, 09:17 PM   #6825
medicu' de garda
Moderator de garda

Likes (Received): 1368

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Clerk
between Voluntari and A2: 11 km
between Chitila and A1: 9 km
Fixed.

()
Old November 18th, 2013, 12:02 AM   #6826
sotonsi

Why does Romania have a pathological dislike of putting E roads on motorways (E81 on A1 Sibiu, A1 Buc-Pit and A2 Buc-Cernavoda excepted)?

I understand about the speed limit rule, but there's several places where the E road is subjected to a lower limit as in a town/city for most of that section. Plus, why does a road bypassed by a motorway need a higher speed limit anymore (DN22C/DN3 from Cernavoda - Constanta, for instance).

Pretty much every other country will move E roads to new motorways, but the constant {DN7} [E68] signs I'm seeing on the soon-to-open A1 are bizarre. And the useless [TEM] stuff on the A4 not being a sticker for when the bypass was finished and the E87 rerouted onto the bypass.
sotonsi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2013, 12:40 AM   #6827
PhirgataZFs1694

Likes (Received): 1560

Quote:
Originally Posted by sponge_bob View Post
Well the EU Court of Auditors did say something like that only this summer. (and they included Bulgaria in that comment)
Could you quote this statement, please?
PhirgataZFs1694 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2013, 12:51 AM   #6828
Samply

Likes (Received): 23

Perhaps because nobody cares about E roads anyway, they may have put them on Italian motorway signs, 99.9% of Italians ignore them and will continue to do so, nobody knows which E road they're driving on and nobody cares. Frankly I find them just annoying!

MichiH liked this post
Samply no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2013, 08:27 AM   #6829
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by medicu' de garda View Post
Fixed.

()
Horible.

Quote:
Sibiu-Brasov-Bacau highway to be finalized before Sibiu-Pitesti highway*
NOVEMBER 17TH, 2013 AT 9:00 PM

In answer to a question on a TV show broadcast yesterday, Deputy Prime Minister Liviu Dragnea said both Sibiu-Brasov-Bacau highway and Sibiu-Pitesti highway will be built, adding that the former is likely to be finalized first. When asked about the significance and aim of the fuel excise tax, he replied, “Those 7 eurocents will go straight to the highway budget.” The Minister of Development explained it is impossible to pinpoint exactly which stretch of highway the money is aimed at, because all amounts are collected by the budget and subsequently allocated to specific highways.
Source

*highway = motorway for Romanian journalists
Old November 18th, 2013, 09:05 AM   #6830
Stahlsturm

Likes (Received): 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samply View Post
Perhaps because nobody cares about E roads anyway, they may have put them on Italian motorway signs, 99.9% of Italians ignore them and will continue to do so, nobody knows which E road they're driving on and nobody cares. Frankly I find them just annoying!
It's the same in Germany. The signs are there but nobody cares.
Stahlsturm no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2013, 12:12 PM   #6831
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2082

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stahlsturm View Post
It's the same in Germany. The signs are there but nobody cares.
Yes, noone cares about E road numbering. I am very interested in German and European motorways since more than 25 years. The next E road is only 3km away from my home but I don't know the correct E road number (I think it is E41, E43 or E45!?). Well, it's the frigging German A3. A3, no damn E?!
MichiH está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2013, 01:36 PM   #6832
sotonsi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samply View Post
But all other countries, even those that don't care (the majority), move the E road onto the motorway if one opens along the route.

Romania has built new motorways, and signs the E road along the old road, fully signed from the motorway.

It doesn't care, but it doesn't care in a radically different way to Germany, France, Italy, Austria, Greece, etc.
Old November 18th, 2013, 05:51 PM   #6833
amst

Likes (Received): 967

This is the least of our problems!

MichiH liked this post
amst no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2013, 06:31 PM   #6834
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19400

Excellent design to encourage wrong-way driving

ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2013, 07:59 PM   #6835
I-Soke

Likes (Received): 75

E70 in Romania

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DynFBIwObmo

gogu.ca, Cutarescu liked this post
I-Soke no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2013, 07:59 PM   #6836
ionutzyankoo

Likes (Received): 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by sotonsi View Post
But all other countries, even those that don't care (the majority), move the E road onto the motorway if one opens along the route.

Romania has built new motorways, and signs the E road along the old road, fully signed from the motorway.

It doesn't care, but it doesn't care in a radically different way to Germany, France, Italy, Austria, Greece, etc.
Maybe when our new motorways will be completed, from starting point to finish point (i.e. A1 Bucharest-Nadlac) we will sign them also as E-roads. Just a guess :-)
ionutzyankoo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2013, 08:47 PM   #6837
ionuttzu
BANNED

Likes (Received): 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by sotonsi View Post

Who cares? Set your priorities straight, this isn't one of the country's problems atm.
ionuttzu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2013, 10:32 PM   #6838
medicu' de garda
Moderator de garda

Likes (Received): 1368

We have a long list of signage defficiencies on our motorways, the E-routes are way down the list. At the moment, on the new stretches of A1 we have about 5 or 6 exits towards Sebes, 4 towards Orastie, 5 towards Arad, some of them nowhere near the respective cities; not to mention exits that point you BACK towards the city you came from, more than 100km on a national road.

We desperately need a new signage standard, as the one in use today is from the '70s . Quite a shame too, since our motorway contruction standards are actually good. I hope a complete revisal of the said standard will be done in the next few years, along with the changing of all the illogical signs. And maybe they will sign the E-roads as well (even though they are absolutely useless)
Old November 19th, 2013, 05:03 PM   #6839
sotonsi

Quote:
Originally Posted by amst View Post
This is the least of our problems!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ionuttzu View Post
Who cares? Set your priorities straight, this isn't one of the country's problems atm.
Take a chill pill, you two

You obviously care enough to respond to me. And, even if you hold that it isn't a problem, this thread isn't just news and negativity.

This not moving E roads to motorways is a unique quirk of Romania - very much worthy of discussion. I just wondered whether there was a reason for it. Turns out that all those signs on the new A1 telling you to turn off for the E68 are like that as no one cares about E roads. Which makes no sense - if no one cared, then there would be no reason to constantly and explicitly sign them!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ionutzyankoo View Post
Maybe when our new motorways will be completed, from starting point to finish point (i.e. A1 Bucharest-Nadlac) we will sign them also as E-roads. Just a guess :-)
Seems a bit wasteful, given that you would then have to resign all the motorways and bypassed national routes not long after you built the motorways and put in a load of new signs.

That said, by then maybe there will be some decent signing standards by then and the signs could be better all round!
Quote:
Originally Posted by medicu' de garda View Post
We have a long list of signage defficiencies on our motorways, the E-routes are way down the list. At the moment, on the new stretches of A1 we have about 5 or 6 exits towards Sebes, 4 towards Orastie, 5 towards Arad, some of them nowhere near the respective cities; not to mention exits that point you BACK towards the city you came from, more than 100km on a national road.
However, part of the same problem as the national road is not only signed to big places far away, is that the national roads are also signed as E roads. Across Europe (while almost no one cares about the numbers or anything, and other caveats), the E road system is a system that does do its aim of telling you the through route: the route that long distance traffic should go. Due to this quirk of Romania's, that apparently is on the national road through Deva, Orastie, Sibiu (though E81 takes the bypass), with brand new signs telling you to drive through places that have recently been bypassed by a motorway.

Signage is awful in Romania, but E roads staying on national roads bypassed by motorways is one place where the awfulness could have been easily fixed without needing a (much needed) rewrite of standards, but hasn't been fixed.

The easiest way to have dealt with this problem would have been to simply not sign E roads on any of the new signs added as part of the motorway construction. After all, no one apparently cares about E roads.
Old November 19th, 2013, 05:36 PM   #6840
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

Likes (Received): 18303

Not to forget that in Romania E national roads and express roads (which afaik none are really available) are limited at 100 km/h and non-E national roads are limited at 90 km/h.
cinxxx no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
highways, infrastructure, motorways, romania