daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 2nd, 2013, 05:01 PM   #6881
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Likes (Received): 12038

They'll build first Tg Neamt-Iasi with the EU money - it's in TEN-T, and it's not a mountain section.

As for Brasov-Bacau, probably a mix of concession and gov money. We'll know more tomorrow.
Castles and Mansions in Romania
Le Clerk no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 2nd, 2013, 05:08 PM   #6882
JackFrost
Hun Solo

Likes (Received): 11824

Quote:
Originally Posted by ionutz_08 View Post
i'm sick of empty words.....they are not capable to use EU money for sibiu-pitesti but they want to build TWO over the mountains with what money?
i hope sibiu-pitesti will never be built. A1 should reach bucharest via brasov, and A3 should not ever come near bucharest, but to iasi - chisinau instead. you could switch then from A1 to A3 v.v. on sebes - torda motorway (A31?).

all that should be achievable until 2020 imo...
JackFrost no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2013, 06:22 PM   #6883
Pascal20a

Likes (Received): 19

How they will connect Pitesti and Sibiu with the A1?
Pascal20a no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2013, 08:01 PM   #6884
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Frost View Post
i hope sibiu-pitesti will never be built. A1 should reach bucharest via brasov, and A3 should not ever come near bucharest, but to iasi - chisinau instead. you could switch then from A1 to A3 v.v. on sebes - torda motorway (A31?).

all that should be achievable until 2020 imo...
Sibiu-Pitesti will be built, the question is whether to be delayed after 2020 or not.
Old December 2nd, 2013, 09:37 PM   #6885
Samply

Likes (Received): 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal20a View Post
How they will connect Pitesti and Sibiu with the A1?
They'll use their magic wand like most politicians.

bogdymol liked this post
Samply no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2013, 01:44 PM   #6886
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

2014-2020 masterplan;

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielavram View Post
Se zice ca guvernu a terminat masterplanu de autostrazi iata cateva poze de pe pagina de Facebook a lui Victor Ponta.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1609795&type=1

Hai ca la desenat ne pricepem.

MichiH liked this post

Last edited by Le Clerk; December 3rd, 2013 at 01:50 PM.
Old December 3rd, 2013, 01:47 PM   #6887
bogdymol
bogdymod

And the target for 2022:

The complete so-called "strategy" is in this pdf document.

Anyway, this is just a map made by the politicians. I wouldn't trust it too much. Especially when they mistake the town of Zalău with the county of Sălaj.
My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog

Last edited by bogdymol; December 3rd, 2013 at 01:52 PM.
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2013, 01:56 PM   #6888
sponge_bob

Likes (Received): 2204

Are the thinner red lines to be built as Expressways and is there any sign of a better expressway standard ( over 100kph) as Romania is a big country, like Poland.
sponge_bob no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2013, 03:01 PM   #6889
sotonsi

I think it's the dashed lines that represent expressways (the A1 between Bucharest and Pitesti is a thin solid line). One would imagine that, when they've finally built one, they'd realize that you can travel safely at 120km/h or something along them, save perhaps a few tiny bits, and slip roads.

The thick/thin distinction is to do with TEN-T core, I think.

The document answers a lot of the questions we've had here. Page 7 shows what the €3bn in EU TEN-T money would be used on (Bacau-Roman, Targu Neamt-Roman-Ungheni, Craiova-Calafat, Pitesti-Ramnicu Valcea, Ploesti-Buzau, Bucharest-Alexandria), what €1.8bn in EU regional cohesion money would be spent on (Sibiu-Brasov-Bacau), what would be PPP (Suplacu de Barcau-Gilau, Pitesti-Craiova, Ploesti-Brasov) and what would be entirely state funded (Suplacu de Barcau-Bors, Buzau-Braila-Galati)
Quote:
made by the politicians. I wouldn't trust it too much.
Surely the politicians call the shots? Romania is a democracy, after all. And I can't imagine that the transport department bureaucrats would allow the politicians to publish these plans if they actually called the shots.

Le Clerk, MichiH liked this post
sotonsi está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2013, 07:12 PM   #6890
bogdymol
bogdymod

Quote:
Originally Posted by sotonsi View Post
Surely the politicians call the shots? Romania is a democracy, after all. And I can't imagine that the transport department bureaucrats would allow the politicians to publish these plans if they actually called the shots.

Unfortunately in Romania the politicians decide when and where the motorways are beeing built. If some state-emplyed bureaucrats would try to change what the politicians decide they will have some rough days...

Postare de pe telefon.
Old December 3rd, 2013, 08:40 PM   #6891
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Is that your smartphone doing the smart comments for you now?
Old December 3rd, 2013, 09:42 PM   #6892
bogdymol
bogdymod

Yes, sometime I post from my phone when I'm not home. Is there a problem?

------------------------------

"Making of" the transport masterplan:

Old December 3rd, 2013, 10:16 PM   #6893
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Just noted your comments look smarter when having the motto "posted from my smartphone".
Old December 3rd, 2013, 10:33 PM   #6894
bogdymol
bogdymod

Now I deactivated that "signature" that my smartphone added to every post I make... so from now on you will not know if I post from my computer or phone
Old December 3rd, 2013, 10:35 PM   #6895
bogdymol
bogdymod

Romanian motorway plan back in 2007:

Old December 3rd, 2013, 10:52 PM   #6896
and802

Likes (Received): 55

as usual: time will tell. now you (Romanians) have got a document you can reconcile with your politicians during next election. that is all voters can do every fourth year.

for me ( I am complete amateur) it looks reasonable.
the routes sponsored both by TEN T and EU regional cohesion money are in my opinion secured. and they will be delivered (maybe with a reasonable delay)

PPP routes, specially a Brasov - Ploiesti route looks doable. without this route a motorway map of Romania looks silly.

the risk I would say sits in state money. it time of world crisis it will be difficult to secure 750 anually from romanian budget - if I read figures properly.

the only question, which I wanted to rise a long time ago, now stated by sotonsi:
why the hell you do not plan expressways ? one guy here a while ago said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by amst View Post
I didn't say there is something wrong. I was just pointing out that Polish Expwys are not at the same standard as Ro motorways.

As for expressways that are 700km long, i would rather prefer motorways since they are wider and allow faster speed. Just that.
first thing I would not notice a difference between a motorway and an expressway as long as I keep speed limits, secondly I prefer real expressways than existing-only-on-map motorways.
and802 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2013, 11:12 PM   #6897
bogdymol
bogdymod

So... the motorway masterplan:

It seems that between 2022 - 2023 they will demolish Buzau-Braila motorway
Old December 3rd, 2013, 11:28 PM   #6898
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

I propose they build them both.
Old December 4th, 2013, 12:51 AM   #6899
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Quote:
EUR 1 billion a year from fuel excise taxes will be allocated to highways
DECEMBER 3RD, 2013 AT 9:00 PM

According to statements made by PM Ponta, four stretches of highway measuring 105 kilometers in length will be commissioned in 2014.
Prime Minister Victor Ponta stated yesterday that Romania has 500 kilometers of highway, 230 kilometers of which have been inaugurated by the current government administration. “The important thing is to speed up the already on-going projects and get private investors involved in the building highways,” Ponta said, as noted by romanialibera.ro.

The PM also stated before USL parliamentary groups that between EUR 750 million and EUR 1 billion per year will be allocated to building highways, and the Parliament and government must decide each year where to direct this additional resource, according to Mediafax. Ponta suggested to USL MPs they should formulate a bill draft on highway construction strategies, which would then be voted by the Parliament, thus binding future administrations to continue already on-going projects.

The Chief Executive pinpointed four financing sources for TEN-T Cohesion (EUR 3 billion for 2013-2020), TEN-T Regional Development (EUR 1.8 billion for 2014-2020), concession/PPP (private funds, and no more than 49% in budget funds), and the Romanian state (through a EUR 750 million annual fund created after the fuel excise tax indexation). According to the PM, the decision regarding new stretches of highway will be made through public consultations for the first time. Around 16 Romanian towns (Bucharest, Cluj Napoca, Timisoara, Iasi, Constanta, Craiova, Brasov, Galati, Ploiesti, Oradea, Braila, Arad, Pitesti, Sibiu, Bacau, and Targu Mures) will be linked via highways by 2022. “As far as cohesion funds are concerned, we can’t direct the money where we want to; we must take into account what the EU perceives as transport material,” Victor Ponta continued. Two stretches of highway can be financed through regional development funds – between Sibiu and Brasov, and Brasov and Bacau, the PM pointed out, underlining that “by 2018, we can create links between all the regions of the country with funds currently at our disposal.”

Traffic on one stretch of Brasov’s beltway, open as of today
Today, CNADNR (the Romanian National Company of Motorways and National Roads) will open a new stretch of the Brasov beltway. Paperwork for two sections of the bypass option is waiting to be approved by ANRMAP (the National Authority for Regulating and Monitoring Public Procurement). The overall value of the contract is RON 97.5 million (VAT non-included), 85 per cent of which comes from non-reimbursable financing through European funds, while the remaining amount is provided by the state budget.

The respective stretch of highway includes four passageways of lengths varying between 85 and 132 meters, as well as a 26-meter long bridge. The link with the town’s street network will be carried out through a roundabout junction.

The final offer for Comarnic-Brasov highway, a key project carried out by a partnership between the private and public sectors will be submitted on December 9.

Other projects that could be financed through PPP are Cormanic-Ploiesti, Pitesti-Craiova, and Suplacu de Barcau-Gilau. PM Ponta also stated four stretches of the Timisoara-Lugoj highway measuring a total of 105 kilometers will be commissioned by the end of the year. “Sebes-Turda – we can build Turda-Targu Mures highway. Construction work could be initiated in January.” Other stretches of highway that can be financed through cohesion funds are the sections between Ungheni and Targu Neamt, and Roman and Bacau.

Three more stretches could be built, which could be auctioned and initiated in 2014 – Pitesti-Ramnicu Valcea, Craiova-Calafat, and Bucharest-Alexandria.
Source

Brasov by-pass LOT 3:

Quote:
Originally Posted by skySK View Post
Tronsonul 3 are gard de protectie:

In red:

Quote:
Originally Posted by skySK View Post
E bucata cu rosu, cu verde e Tronsonul 1 construit de Alpine (au facut in jur de 50% pana la faliment), cu albastru Tronsonul 2 finalizat de cativa ani la 1 banda/sens si care ar trebui dublat la 2 benzi/sens si cu maro soseaua terminata in 2006 cu cate 2 benzi/sens dar fara separator median.

Mai multe despre centura gasesti pe threadul dedicat din sectiunea Brasovului.
Old December 4th, 2013, 04:39 PM   #6900
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Timisoara-Lugoj LOT 2 (25.6 km) was signed today with Tirrena Scavi and Societa Italiana per Condotte D’Acqua for EUR 95 m.

Chilio, most liked this post

Tags
highways, infrastructure, motorways, romania