daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 9th, 2013, 01:32 AM   #6941
sponge_bob

Likes (Received): 2204

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogdymol View Post

For the international readers: this is a map from the '60.
That 60s plan looks rather good even 50 years or so later. How is it coming along????

bogdymol liked this post
sponge_bob no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 9th, 2013, 08:46 AM   #6942
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Likes (Received): 12043

A1 near Sibiu - to be opened soon:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dojaalex View Post
Lancram via Schneider Productions.

Pod 32+200 peste Cf

Castles and Mansions in Romania

gogo3o, MichiH liked this post
Le Clerk está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2013, 10:07 AM   #6943
bogdymol
bogdymod

This will be my last post on this matter in this thread. I don't want to ruin this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Clerk View Post
The masterplan that we have now
We don't have any masterplan. We have a political promises map.

A masterplan is, besides a colored map, tens of pages of analysis of transportation. A good transport masterplan will analyze:
  • the current transportation infrastructure (regional infrastructure and national infrastructure)
  • the current traffic patterns
  • the local traffic as well as the transit one
  • where are located the main industrial parks and largest factories and their transportation needs
  • local factors
  • the AADT (anual average daily traffic) on each vehicle category (cars, trucks, buses etc.) on each stretch of road
  • the transportation demand (goods movement, people movement)
  • safety and security of each transportation type, and in this case roads: how road safety can be improved
  • the country's economical situation today and the prognosis for the next 20 years
  • etc.

After the team that has to do the masterplan analyzes all of the above (and other factors that I might have forgot about), they do several masterplan scenarios, with which:
  • develop strategic transport model
  • determine transport impacts and benefits
  • economic evaluation of preferred scenarios
  • they do road corridor optimization
  • environmental analysis
  • etc.

After the masterplan is sketched, the only thing remaining to do is to develop a logical plan for prioritising and implementing the recommended policies and capital improvement projects that need to be addressed in the next 20 years within the context of phased 5 years plans

The masterplan will also produce a clear and realistic 'vision' of what Romania's future transport will look like and will generate strategies and policies to help make that vision a reality.

* Please note that a transportation masterplan doesn't focus only on road transportation, but on all types of transportation (by rail, air or water). All this transportation types have to be connected to each other for a healthy transportation network.

After the masterplan is completed, it has to be approved by the state and all the politicians that will come and go on high rankings (parliment members, government members etc.) have to respect it. Please note that only in this stage the political factor is involved.

Examples: check out Qatar's transport masterplan and Ottawa City (Canada) transport masterplan.

@LeClerk: now, does that map drew by our politicians still look like a masterplan?
My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2013, 04:48 PM   #6944
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Ain't that routes in the masterplan according to the current traffic needs, AADT, safety, security, road optimisation, etc ?!

I say it damn is!

BTW: these are the 2 offers for Comarnic-Brasov:

VISTRADA Nord (Vinci/ Franţa, Strabag/Austria şi Aktor /Grecia)

Impregilo SpA/Salini (Italia)

Financial offers have not yet been made public.
Old December 9th, 2013, 11:27 PM   #6945
bogdymol
bogdymod

Quote:
Ain't that routes in the masterplan according to the current traffic needs, AADT, safety, security, road optimisation, etc ?!

I say it damn is!
As I said before, I won't argue with you anymore on this subject. IMO you are, how we say in Romania, "caz irecuperabil".

My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog

savagedanyro liked this post
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2013, 11:46 PM   #6946
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Thank you for the ad hominem! That's a great closing argument.

Somehow, just to close up, they got it right. Without spending millions and months on writing hundreds of pages of BS when the obvious is out there.
Old December 10th, 2013, 12:00 AM   #6947
vchira
vreau la TM pe Autobahn!

Likes (Received): 54

Quote:
Thank you for the ad hominem! That's a great closing argument.

Somehow, just to close up, they got it right. Without spending millions and months on writing hundreds of pages of BS when the obvious is out there.
i think you must be delirious! you must be!!! don't smoke that much dope...it goes to your head!
vchira no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2013, 12:17 AM   #6948
sponge_bob

Likes (Received): 2204

Quote:
We don't have any masterplan. We have a political promises map.
There is, however, a Partnership or a Draft Partnership Agreement between the EU and the individual member states. It would be a full final Partnership Agreement soon.

It details where and how the EU Funding is to be spent from 2014 to 2020 and many countries have already published their national version. I think Romania and Greece have not published anything at this time, I certainly never saw it.
sponge_bob no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2013, 12:49 AM   #6949
PhirgataZFs1694

Likes (Received): 1560

Quote:
And I am not even the most fervent proponent of this masterplan in the Romania section.
I don't believe you

Anyway, please, remember to post news about Comarnic-Brasov tonight
PhirgataZFs1694 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2013, 07:23 AM   #6950
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vchira View Post
i think you must be delirious! you must be!!! don't smoke that much dope...it goes to your head!
There's another argument, and a very reasonable one about the masterplan.

I'll say it again, maybe it's more clear this time: we do not neeed the obvious to be put in hundreds of pages of studies, with milions spent and years passed for that purpose, because they know how to do that. Ussually, we do not want this type of studies, but for some reasons, just because some people are against "in principle", we think the opposite now.

Yes, the water is wet and the sky is blue! And Bucharest Brasov and DN12 are the most trafficked roads in Romania, and for some reasons also one of the most dangerous roads in Romania. And there are studies for that purpose. They also connect one of the most important economic centers in Romania. But hell no! We need a hundred page study to tell us that.

Instead of having them actually building we should have them spend money and time on paper work that has been alreeady overdone and it's pretty well known.

MichiH liked this post
Old December 10th, 2013, 07:27 AM   #6951
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhirgataZFs1694 View Post
I don't believe you

Anyway, please, remember to post news about Comarnic-Brasov tonight
And I say it again it'll be a party in the Romanian section when works start.
Old December 10th, 2013, 09:07 AM   #6952
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Final and binding offers have been submitted. Award on 20 Dec.

Quote:
Vinci-Strabag-Aktor And Impregilo-Salini Submit Final Bids For Comarnic-Brasov Highway Construction
yesterday, 17:50 By Oana Gavrila

Consortia Vinci (France)-Strabag (Austria)-Aktor (Greece) and Impregilo-Salini (Italy) submitted final bids Monday for the construction of Romania’s Comarnic-Brasov highway section, Romanian authorities said.
Old December 10th, 2013, 11:45 AM   #6953
and802

Likes (Received): 55

Quote:
As I said before, I won't argue with you anymore on this subject. IMO you are, how we say in Romania, "caz irecuperabil".
mamy times I was surprised the way Le Clerk was selling ideas. just not to mention 2000 of new motorways by 2020 :-)

anyway I believe you guys represent two different worlds

you, personally expect the following pattern: think first, do later
Le Clerk prefers: lets do something, we have so many needs. anything we do would be good for us.

and yes, it is true, Romania does not have any masterplan. I find "the plan" posted by Le Clerk is no more than a politicans promise.

personally I hate doing something without the correct planning/good background... but maybe this is the way for Romania ?

bogdymol, Cosmin, MichiH liked this post
and802 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2013, 11:52 AM   #6954
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Without commenting any further, this is exactly what Romania needs in terms of next level motorways, after completing the current projects. There are enough studies of traffic, and dangerous areas, and this plan aims to address just that.

Whoever says we need more studies, would probably say the opposite the moment they'd tender for more studies. We need tenders for motorway works and actual works going on.
Old December 10th, 2013, 02:34 PM   #6955
sotonsi

Surely the 'one link between north and south' map deliberately ignores the expressways on the 'masterplan'. The Pitesti-Sibiu crossing is marked as expressway on that, plus you have the southern corridor with its DTS-Lugoj mountain-crossing expressway too.
sotonsi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2013, 06:59 PM   #6956
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Double quote. That says a lot about the hypocrisy of the uninformed opinions we've seen here. That Bucharest-Brasov will be the only motorway crossing the mountains. It's not going to be that at all ! But being against, even without arguments, is cool for a lot of people.
Old December 10th, 2013, 07:03 PM   #6957
medicu' de garda
Moderator de garda

Likes (Received): 1368

Quote:
Originally Posted by sotonsi
Surely the 'one link between north and south' map deliberately ignores the expressways on the 'masterplan'. The Pitesti-Sibiu crossing is marked as expressway on that, plus you have the southern corridor with its DTS-Lugoj mountain-crossing expressway too.
You're reading the map wrong. The dashed lines don't represent expressways, they represent motorways (or expressways, though they are not explicitely mentioned) that are less of a priority and are to be built later, sometime around 2023, maybe never. So the map clearly states that there is only one priority mountain crossing from the south to the north of the country for the next 10 years. Not so encouraging, is it?
Old December 10th, 2013, 08:40 PM   #6958
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by medicu' de garda View Post
You're reading the map wrong. The dashed lines don't represent expressways, they represent motorways (or expressways, though they are not explicitely mentioned) that are less of a priority and are to be built later, sometime around 2023, maybe never. So the map clearly states that there is only one priority mountain crossing from the south to the north of the country for the next 10 years. Not so encouraging, is it?
This is an error of logic. That is, your note that it would be only one motorway. Here's why you are in error:

1. Were Sibiu-Pitesti motorway built, we would still have one (1) mountain motorway crossing by 2020. Yet, that would serve only one corridor.

2. The masterplan aims at least two (2) mountain motorway crossings by 2020, that is Comarnic-Brasov and Brasov-Bacau. Yet, these would serve the most important traffic corridors in Romania, unlike Sibiu-Pitesti which would serve only one. For the first time, east Romania would have an opening to the west through a motorway. Sibiu-Pitesti doesn't offer that, and would delay such opening for at least one damn decade !!

3. It is not true that building only one motorway section by 2020 would annul other mountain crossings after that date. In fact, not least than five (5) mountain motorway crossings are shown in the masterplan. These would obviously alleviate a lot the "dramatic" traffic expected on Brasov-Bucharest motorway, a traffic that would almost 'scare" some into not building this section at all. As in "drobul de sare"* story.

*This is a Romanian parabole about how people can be frozen in action because of a false, imaginate threat.

Last edited by Le Clerk; December 10th, 2013 at 08:50 PM.
Old December 10th, 2013, 08:45 PM   #6959
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2082

Quote:
Originally Posted by and802 View Post
lets do something, we have so many needs. anything we do would be good for us.
and yes, it is true, Romania does not have any masterplan. I find "the plan" posted by Le Clerk is no more than a politicans promise.
Exactly! The map is not a comprehensive masterplan, but I think the need for getting better road connections soon is more urgent than spending time and money for a detailed masterplan.

NATO mode (no action, talk only) is not what Romania needs. I am glad that Romania seems to take a pragmatic way now (I don't want to mention how stupid Germany is planning its "network" since decades - especially in the most industrialized and richest southern part).

btw: Comarnic-Brasov will be the first mountain crossing (b/n central and southern Romania) but it will not remain the only one for all time! Building a motorway network must be done step by step...

Le Clerk liked this post
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2013, 08:49 PM   #6960
slakero

Likes (Received): 68

Quote:
2. The masterplan aims at least two (2) mountain motorway crossings by 2020, that is Comarnic-Brasov and Brasov-Bacau. Yet, these would serve the most important traffic corridors in Romania, unlike Sibiu-Pitesti which would serve only one.
Would you really bet brasov-bacau will be constructed? Who will give the money for that? There's no plan, nothing, just some line on a map.

I noticed that you're really optimistic, but seriously you can't believe that plan will be done as they say. And would you really think that the current gov will last more than one more year and a new government will not do any replaning on such a wonderful "master plan"?
slakero no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
highways, infrastructure, motorways, romania