daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 13th, 2013, 03:27 PM   #7021
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

Likes (Received): 18298

Here you go

cinxxx no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 13th, 2013, 04:24 PM   #7022
suvi genije

Likes (Received): 199

And very good example of national tolerance in whole Banat region!
We just need one motorway / exp.way from Belgrade to Timisoara.

cinxxx liked this post
suvi genije no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2013, 04:36 PM   #7023
bogdymol
bogdymod

Last week there was the inauguration ceremony of the Mures bridge that connects the town of Pecica with the village of Sânpetru German. The location of the bridge is here (it's not updated yet on Google Maps). Some pictures from the inauguration ceremony:

11 priests...

Yesterday, a Romanian forum member (radutm, who's recent posts from this thread were deleted) tried to cross the bridge from the southern end, but he couldn't because they were still working at the connection road and because there was some kind of committee checking the bridge for completing the construction paperwork. More pictures with the southern connection road you may find here.

Also, the connection road on the northern side of the bridge is not ready yet... so the bridge is only accessible on a dirt road.
My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog

MHN, AlexisMD liked this post
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2013, 06:37 PM   #7024
definitivo

Likes (Received): 46

[QUOTE=cinxxx;109673862] Here you go

...there are similar maps in my country, also, but with "diferent name of state"...and I don't get it, maps, and people who loves that kind off maps...Now I expect a comment from someone like-minded Hungarian ...

let's speak about road constructions...
definitivo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2013, 06:42 PM   #7025
definitivo

Quote:
Originally Posted by suvi genije View Post

We just need one motorway / exp.way from Belgrade to Timisoara.
...whattaopinion...why not Novi Sad - Zrenjanin - Timisoara ???
Old December 13th, 2013, 08:24 PM   #7026
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2080

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Clerk View Post
Here's an article, which most will find as follows: funny, overly optimistic, with grammar mistakes, not 140% accurate, etc, you name it!
Almost every newspaper article all over the world (regarding road projects) applies to this description!
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2013, 08:39 PM   #7027
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19364

That is why you want press releases as the source of information about road projects. The media is highly unreliable and inaccurate.
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2013, 08:40 PM   #7028
commodore

Likes (Received): 43

Quote:
I sometimes would like to ask people how do they go about their jobs in this deep shit characteristical pessimism of your lives?! How do you start about your day saying to you or the people around you: it's not possible, it's not going to happen, we cannot do it, etc?! Who will hire you?! Who will want to hear NOes from you on a continuous basis, even when there is evidence that it is douable, that Romania was this year second to Poland in terms of motorway opening in the EU etc, etc... why the continuous whinings and negativeness?! Who serves it to?!

I second that! Cheers Le Clerk!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
commodore no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2013, 09:01 PM   #7029
suvi genije

Quote:
Originally Posted by definitivo View Post
...whattaopinion...why not Novi Sad - Zrenjanin - Timisoara ???
Cause the route Belgrade-Timisora would be more frequent than that one.
Adriatic sea and inner Serbia wold be closer to people and freight traffic from Romania via BG than via NS.
Belgrade is capital of Serbia, 8 times bigger than NS.
But I agree that sholud be some faster solution from Zrenjanin to RO border (road NS-ZR is 1+1, but wide and fast).
Old December 13th, 2013, 09:25 PM   #7030
definitivo

Quote:
Originally Posted by suvi genije View Post
Cause the route Belgrade-Timisora would be more frequent than that one.
Adriatic sea and inner Serbia wold be closer to people and freight traffic from Romania via BG than via NS.
Belgrade is capital of Serbia, 8 times bigger than NS.
But I agree that sholud be some faster solution from Zrenjanin to RO border (road NS-ZR is 1+1, but wide and fast).
...the shortest route ( Trieste, Ljubljana, Zagreb...Timisoara ) will be via the planned road Ruma - Novi Sad - Zrenjanin...the decision, where will be motorway SRB - RO, is not only on Serbian side but also from the side of Romania and Italy...Italy "force" Ruma - Novi Sad new motorway with tunnel, reconstruction Novi Sad - Zrenjanin to 2x2 and 2x2 from Zrenjanin to Romanian boarder...
...Belgrade is 8 X bigger...dude, you're wroooong...
Old December 13th, 2013, 09:37 PM   #7031
suvi genije

Quote:
...the shortest route ( Trieste, Ljubljana, Zagreb...Timisoara ) will be via the planned road Ruma - Novi Sad - Zrenjanin...the decision, where will be motorway SRB - RO, is not only on Serbian side but also from the side of Romania and Italy...Italy "force" Ruma - Novi Sad new motorway with tunnel, reconstruction Novi Sad - Zrenjanin to 2x2 and 2x2 from Zrenjanin to Romanian boarder...
...Belgrade is 8 X bigger...dude, you're wroooong...
At the moment both rutes are far from planning.

But step by step. Today you've learnt that one part of Romania is called Banat (as well as one part of Serbia), and that should be enough for Friday.
Old December 14th, 2013, 07:54 AM   #7032
AnOldBlackMarble
read lightship chronicles

Likes (Received): 5841

Quote:
You don't get it. Romania is among the most pessimistic nation in the world. Our most known allegory is about immobilizing pessimism to the death. Everywhere you can see that kind of attitude, including here.

PS: employers do not want pessimism at every step of the way, smth that I am sick and tired of, reading this forum and others, especially on the Romanian section.
Agreed. I'm Romanian but I grew up in the USA and I have a hard time having any discussions with any Romanian, including my own family, because of the irrationally excessive pessimism. I'm glad LeClerk understands this because many Romanians don't, and this is the NUMBER ONE AND ABSOLUTE REASON why Romania is the poorest country in Europe. I don't want to discuss this any further because (it is off topic) but also complex, and extremes on either side won't get anyone anywhere, but right now the NUMBER ONE problem that Romanians have to resolve for themselves, is their excessive IRRATIONAL pessimism that they accept unquestionably as the norm. "I think therefore I am" => "How I think determines what I can achieve."

Le Clerk, nebunul liked this post
AnOldBlackMarble no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2013, 10:50 AM   #7033
Theijs

Likes (Received): 133

Quote:
Why not Novi Sad - Zrenjanin - Timisoara ???
Actually I need to drive from Arad to Novi Sad around Christmas. Which road we take best? And what in case it's icy or snowing?
Theijs no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2013, 11:03 AM   #7034
JackFrost
Hun Solo

Likes (Received): 11813

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnOldBlackMarble View Post
Romania is the poorest country in Europe
and could be among the richest...
JackFrost no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2013, 11:03 AM   #7035
definitivo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theijs View Post
Actually I need to drive from Arad to Novi Sad around Christmas. Which road we take best? And what in case it's icy or snowing?
...via Szeged (HU)...it's around 240km... from Mako to Novi Sad you have highway...via Timisoara-Jimbolia-Zrenjanin is 205-210km...
Old December 14th, 2013, 11:36 AM   #7036
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2080

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnOldBlackMarble View Post
the NUMBER ONE problem that Romanians have to resolve for themselves, is their excessive IRRATIONAL pessimism that they accept unquestionably as the norm.
I was only once in Romania to train some Romanian colleagues. I was very impressed by their optimistic attitude. "We have a good education and we are able to manage any challenge". They were proud that the scrap rate in their production plant is much lower than the scrap rate in German plants. I've expected to train basic things but I realized that they already have a good knowledge about the stuff and are learning very fast. It is more difficult to teach German experts some more details about the stuff than teaching these Romanians from scratch.

I haven't told them that I am interested in road infrastructure but one collegue started a discussion about it. His message was "we have good conditions to increase our economy and prosperity. The only big problem is that we have no adequate road network but we are working on it".

Some German colleagues (also from US and Russia) and I are always complaining about our work (processes, product quality, boss, colleagues, strategy,...) but in comparison to Romania (and other German companies or live conditions all over the world) we are complaining on a very, very high level! Well, I was impressed by the positive Romanian attitude...

AnOldBlackMarble liked this post
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2013, 11:45 AM   #7037
alwn

Likes (Received): 85

does anybody knows it any chance to see Lugoj- Deva Lot 1 inaugurated in 2013? I understand that they could open 17 km from Lot 1+ 11 km A6 (connecting with Lugoj ring)
Old December 15th, 2013, 01:44 AM   #7038
nenea_hartia
Skeptic

Likes (Received): 233

Quote:
Who will hire you?!
You would be surprised: people who actually build the motorways, not post surrealistic articles about them.

@MichiH: Thank you for the great reply!
Despite of some comments here, I'm one of the optimists (although there is a line to draw between optimism and realism). A lot has changed in Romania in the past few years, including road infrastructure. Sure, we still have a lot to do further. But step by step, in time, with EU help, I hope we can do it.

bogdymol, AnOldBlackMarble liked this post
nenea_hartia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2013, 11:58 AM   #7039
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Likes (Received): 12012

Quote:
Originally Posted by nenea_hartia View Post
You would be surprised: people who actually build the motorways, not post surrealistic articles about them.
I was not referring to you, but my question was rather general and rethorical.
If you think article writers/journalists can work on motorways, it's your worst bet then, and inded an original approach!
Castles and Mansions in Romania
Le Clerk está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2013, 12:25 PM   #7040
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Likes (Received): 12012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
I was only once in Romania to train some Romanian colleagues. I was very impressed by their optimistic attitude. "We have a good education and we are able to manage any challenge". They were proud that the scrap rate in their production plant is much lower than the scrap rate in German plants. I've expected to train basic things but I realized that they already have a good knowledge about the stuff and are learning very fast. It is more difficult to teach German experts some more details about the stuff than teaching these Romanians from scratch.

I haven't told them that I am interested in road infrastructure but one collegue started a discussion about it. His message was "we have good conditions to increase our economy and prosperity. The only big problem is that we have no adequate road network but we are working on it".

Some German colleagues (also from US and Russia) and I are always complaining about our work (processes, product quality, boss, colleagues, strategy,...) but in comparison to Romania (and other German companies or live conditions all over the world) we are complaining on a very, very high level! Well, I was impressed by the positive Romanian attitude...
It is refreshing to see this experience from a foreigner woorking with Romanians, and I thank you for posting it here!

However, this is the kind of attitude that is the extreme exception in my personal experience as a Romanian. The overwhelming attitude is negative and pessimistic, to the bone.
Castles and Mansions in Romania
Le Clerk está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Tags
highways, infrastructure, motorways, romania