daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 26th, 2013, 11:26 PM   #7201
nenea_hartia
Skeptic

Likes (Received): 233

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
That could hardly be called a modern tunnel. I don't think I've ever seen a motorway tunnel as crude as the one near Săcel.
Please drive on E6+E69 national roads in Norway. The tunnel of Săcel will look like an extraordinary piece of engineering.
Leaving the joke aside, according to Romanian design standards (page18, Art.36), bidirectional tunnels shorter than 300 m do not require ventilation. Same goes for unidirectional tunnels shorter than 500m (the situation at Săcel). Also, shelters should be provided only for tunnels longer than 1.000 m. The Romanian design standards are in total conformity with European standards, EU Directive 54/2004 (interesting to read on Romanian Ministry of Transports webpage, under Chapter 1.2 - Minimal Requirements) and TEM Requirements.
The tunnel at Săcel is just 330 m long. It is not in alignment but in a curve, that's why one cannot see its exit when entering:

It was built using cut & cover technology so yes, it is very primitive, rather looking as a protection against avalanches than a tunnel.
The whole fuss about it is because it is the first motorway tunnel and one of the very few road tunnels in Romania. It is indeed very bizarre for a large country crisscrossed by mountains and high hills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
Totally uncomparable with actual mountain tunnels that are bored or blasted, and you know it.
You think so?
nenea_hartia no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 29th, 2013, 03:55 AM   #7202
bzbox

Likes (Received): 135

I can see that Romanian biggest project is connecting Capital city to rest of western EU. Good job on that! Because when A1 will be complete, I'm planning to pay a visit to Bucureşti, so please try to make it snappy, okay guys
Old December 29th, 2013, 10:28 PM   #7203
medicu' de garda
Moderator de garda

Likes (Received): 1368

We hope you (and we) will still be alive to see it done .

Chilio, Night Fury liked this post
medicu' de garda no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2013, 11:51 PM   #7204
bzbox

Likes (Received): 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogdymol View Post
This is the Romanian part of the motorway. It runs from the border with Hungary (connecting with M43) untill north of Pecica town. Unfortunately, until lot 2 (Pecica-Arad) of the motorway is not completed, lot 1 can't be opened for traffic.
WHY NOT???? Won't Pecica have an exit?
Old December 31st, 2013, 12:01 AM   #7205
bogdymol
bogdymod

There will be an exit at Pecica, but that belongs to the other section (Nadlac-Arad, lot 2), which is completed at 85%, but works stopped because of Alpine financial problems.

The separation between Nadlac - Arad lot 1 & 2 is about 5 km from Pecica exit towards Nadlac. So you can't open lot 1 without completing lot 2.
My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2013, 01:25 AM   #7206
medicu' de garda
Moderator de garda

There's nothing to worry about really, even though works for Nadlac-Arad lot 2 haven't even been retendered yet, the works should only take about 2-3 months, since there are just some asfalting works left to be done, and some earthworks around the Pecica interchange, plus barriers, markings and a Maintenance center near Pecica. There is plenty of time to catch up with the other lot.

The thing I would worry about is finishing lot 1 before next winter, especially since previous earthworks are rumoured to be of very poor quality, and might need to be redone completely in some places. We shall see in a few months
Old December 31st, 2013, 07:40 PM   #7207
nenea_hartia
Skeptic

Likes (Received): 233

^ The embankment is not higher than 1,5 m on most of Lot 1 so I don't think rebuilding some sections from scratch could be a problem for an experienced joint-venture like Astaldi-Max Bögl. What is worrying me is the link road to Nădlac. Relocation of utilities is not yet done and we have low-pressure gas there, low and medium tension electricity, telecommunications (that's easy) and OMV-Petrom (that's bad) so I expect some delay because of it.

@bogdymol: congrats for your new position!

bogdymol, timeandspace liked this post
nenea_hartia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2014, 03:20 AM   #7208
sponge_bob

Likes (Received): 2204

Quote:
Originally Posted by nenea_hartia View Post
@bogdymol: congrats for your new position!
Did Bogdymol get the role of telling EVERYONE on SSC what will ACTUALLY be built in 2014 2015 2016..... 2020 .............2027???

If so fantastic. Well done dude. And happy new year.
sponge_bob no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2014, 06:43 PM   #7209
dorum

Likes (Received): 2101

just for your curiosity:

This is how Timisoara - Lugoj lot2 look atm:

it's the first picture after Tirena-Scavi started the work!
of course, in time,i hope that I can make some pictures from the same location to show you the progress...

MichiH liked this post
dorum no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2014, 12:49 AM   #7210
bogdymol
bogdymod

Romanian traffic map from the 2010 census. It's the first time this map gets public:

Quote:
Originally Posted by frunzaverde View Post
Aici, datele de la recensamantul de trafic din 2010. Cred ca e prima oara cand e postata harta pe forum, astfel incat sa va dati seama de nivelul traficului pe diverse A si DN-uri din RO. E si pe prima pagina, cu o mica legenda:

Si aici mai mare:

http://i.imgur.com/FeLtuzb.jpg
Old January 2nd, 2014, 11:41 AM   #7211
bogdymol
bogdymod

I've posted on the Romanian A1 motoway thread some older, but nice, pictures with the motorway near my town. You can check all the pictures there. Here's just an example:

wkiehl101 liked this post
Old January 2nd, 2014, 05:05 PM   #7212
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Likes (Received): 12043

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogdymol View Post
Romanian traffic map from the 2010 census. It's the first time this map gets public:
Brasov-Bacau makes sense. It's the busiest mountain passage to the east. It's going to make even more sense once Moldova gets rid of visas for the EU space, probably mid 2014. Most traffic from and to Moldova will take A1 to Brasov, and then Bacau mountain gorge.
But I said that before, innit?!
Castles and Mansions in Romania

Last edited by Le Clerk; January 2nd, 2014 at 06:17 PM.
Le Clerk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2014, 01:25 AM   #7213
bogdymol
bogdymod

I've made on the Romanian Infrastructure & Transport section a thread with important information regarding Motorway development in Romania. You can check it out here: Romanian Motorways - Index and Statistics. It's not yet completed, but after I'll do it soon. After that I will just update it when necessary.
Old January 3rd, 2014, 04:04 PM   #7214
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Can't wait to see the works on the Prahova gorge:

Quote:
Communiqué de presse

VINCI est désigné concessionnaire pressenti de la section Comarnic - Brasov de l'autoroute Bucarest - Brasov en Roumanie

o Un contrat de partenariat d’une durée de 29 ans
o Un projet structurant pour le développement de la Roumanie
o Un groupement comprenant VINCI, STRABAG et AKTOR

Le consortium comprenant VINCI Concessions (37,5% - mandataire), STRABAG (37,5%) et AKTOR (25%) a été désigné attributaire pressenti par le ministère des transports, et des infrastructures de Roumanie représenté par le C.N.A.D.N.R. - Compagnie Nationale des Autoroutes et des Routes Nationales de Roumanie - d’un contrat de partenariat public-privé d’une durée de 29 ans pour la réalisation de la section Comarnic - Brasov de l'autoroute Bucarest – Brasov en Roumanie.

Le projet consiste à assurer le financement, la conception, la construction, l'exploitation et la maintenance d’une section d’autoroute d’une longueur totale de 54 km. La rémunération du consortium sera assurée sous forme d’une redevance annuelle versée par le concédant.

L’autoroute A3, qui traverse les montagnes des Carpates, est la principale connexion reliant Bucarest et la Transylvanie vers la Hongrie et l’Europe de l’Ouest.

Les travaux, conduits par un groupement composé de VINCI Construction Grands Projets (mandataire), VINCI Construction Terrassement, STRABAG et AKTOR, comprennent la construction de 3 échangeurs majeurs, 39 ouvrages d’art et 3 tunnels bitubes d’une longueur totale de 19,4 km.

L’exploitation de l’infrastructure sera assurée par un groupement constitué de VINCI Concessions, STRABAG et AKTOR.
http://www.vinci.com/vinci.nsf/fr/co...31220-0730.htm

I thought the 3 long tunnels have 10 km in total. Or they calculated the total distance per tube (10 km) x 2 tubes?!
Old January 3rd, 2014, 04:06 PM   #7215
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19391

All of Vinci's press releases are available in English as well:

http://www.vinci.com/vinci.nsf/en/pr...31220-0730.htm

my clinched highways / travel mapping • highway photography @ Flickr and Youtube

Le Clerk liked this post
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2014, 04:08 PM   #7216
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Yeah, thanks. Didn't see it.
Old January 3rd, 2014, 04:52 PM   #7217
medicu' de garda
Moderator de garda

They most likely calculated each tube separately, the combined lenght of the large tunnels near Sinaia, Busteni and Predeal is about ~9,7km. This doesn't include the sum of small tunnels that will probably litter the floor of the Prahova valley between Comarnic and Sinaia (according to the fesability study solution that hasn't been changed for this section).

It's weird that they mention the motorway having 54km, when the project clearly shows 58km of full profile motorway. Maybe they decided to downgrade the section between Rasnov and Cristian, who knows

Le Clerk liked this post
medicu' de garda no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2014, 06:17 PM   #7218
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Yeah, I also noticed that discrepancy 54 km in the Vinci press release vs 58 km in the project. We'll see if it's a mistake on either side.

BTW: first pics of the area where the motorway should begin - Comarnic area. There are already works on expropriations, contracting local suppliers for aggregates, machinery etc:

Quote:
Originally Posted by myid View Post

[IMG]image hosted on flickr

2 [/IMG]

6 [/IMG]

2 [/IMG]

4[/IMG]

aici o sa avem tunel :

5 [/IMG]

7 [/IMG]
Old January 3rd, 2014, 07:16 PM   #7219
PhirgataZFs1694

Likes (Received): 1560

Go go go, neighbours!
PhirgataZFs1694 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2014, 07:27 PM   #7220
timeandspace

no verified evidence of contracting yet, just effervescence in the sector at local level.
timeandspace no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
highways, infrastructure, motorways, romania