daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 10th, 2014, 06:36 PM   #7381
bogdymol
bogdymod

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
That translates to 247 per 1000 people, the lowest in the EU.
Our roads are crowded with cars. This means that it's not enough to buy a lot of cars to have a car number/population ratio high, but also to invest in infrastructure that's decent for that amount of cars.
My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 10th, 2014, 06:40 PM   #7382
bogdymol
bogdymod

In other news: today the court published decisions on the appeals that were made on all 4 lots of A10 motorway between Sebeș and Turda:
  • Lot I - 17 km - Asocierea Impregilo SpA/Salini SpA; Offer: 539.488.704 lei (3rd offer according to price rank) - all appeals rejected
  • Lot II - 24,25km - Asocierea RCM Construzioni SRl/Imob Lux Construct SRL/Consinit SRL/Societatea de Constructii Napoca SA/ Impresa Ferrara S.N.C Di Angela & Rossella Ferrara/SC T Dancor RomConstruct SRL/SC Shelter Construct SRL/ Associazione Cooperativa Muratori & Affini Ravenna S.C.P.A./ Schiavo & C.SpA/Eurocerad International SRL; Offer: 460.019.270 lei (1st offer according to price rank) - appeal made by SC Strabag SRL is tottaly admitted and appeals made by Aktor SA – Euroconstruct
    Trading 98 SRL şi SC Teloxim Con SRL are partially admitted. Court decision: They force the contract authority to review all the offers submited for this lot
  • Lot III - 12,45km - Asocierea Tirrena Scavi S.p.A Societa Italiana per Condotte d'Acqua S.p.A; Offer: 420.511.921 lei (3rd offer according to price rank) - all appeals rejected
  • Lot IV - 16,3 km - SC PORR Construct SRL/PORR Bau GmbH. Offer: 470.004.894 lei (2nd offer according to price rank) - all appeals rejected

During the next 10 days they can appeal the... appeal.

MichiH liked this post
Old February 11th, 2014, 09:59 AM   #7383
mman2012

Likes (Received): 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogdymol View Post
During the next 10 days they can appeal the... appeal.
Let's see if we have another case of motorway half done and half still "in court"...
mman2012 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2014, 11:34 AM   #7384
Qtya
sensational

Likes (Received): 9415

FYI

Scheduled completion of M43: 30 Sept 2014.

Since the connecting Romanian A1 is behind schedule the Hungarian government is planning to build a 2 km bypass road east of Nagylak which would drive the traffic directly to the old border crossing.

Source: http://www.delmagyar.hu/szeged_hirek...43-as/2369369/

II. János Pál pápa

bogdymol, gogo3o, crimio, MichiH liked this post
Qtya está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2014, 11:39 AM   #7385
bogdymol
bogdymod

Thank you for the info

On the Romanian side, the contract for the border motorway was signed, and deadline is December 2014. Unfortunately, works haven't started yet

One question: I see on the map you posted that Nagylak 2-km bypass will be on the east side of the village. I think this is wrong and that it will be on the west side, because on the east side there is no space to connect it with the border facility. Check Google Maps.
Old February 12th, 2014, 12:04 PM   #7386
Qtya
sensational

The article says the planned road may go along the "Élővíz-focsatorna" visible also on the Google maps shot you linked.

II. János Pál pápa
Old February 12th, 2014, 12:06 PM   #7387
bogdymol
bogdymod

That's weird, because that would mean it would also "bypass" the Hungarian customs. Or maybe they will have an agreement and make all the controls at the Romanian border booths.
Old February 12th, 2014, 12:24 PM   #7388
Qtya
sensational

Quote:
That's weird, because that would mean it would also "bypass" the Hungarian customs. Or maybe they will have an agreement and make all the controls at the Romanian border booths.
I thought it's already being done like that, like at Ártánd/Borș. At least for cars if I remember right.

II. János Pál pápa
Old February 12th, 2014, 12:27 PM   #7389
bogdymol
bogdymod

Checks are done at the border booths of the country you will entry in.

For direction Romania -> Hungary, checks are done at the Hungarian booths.
For direction Hungary -> Romania, checks are done at the Romanian booths.

Checks are done in the same place by both Romanian and Hungarian border officers.
Old February 12th, 2014, 01:51 PM   #7390
Qtya
sensational

Quote:
Checks are done at the border booths of the country you will entry in.

For direction Romania -> Hungary, checks are done at the Hungarian booths.
For direction Hungary -> Romania, checks are done at the Romanian booths.

Checks are done in the same place by both Romanian and Hungarian border officers.
Got it... Thx!

II. János Pál pápa
Old February 13th, 2014, 09:34 AM   #7391
bogdymol
bogdymod

Some pictures shot on A1 motorway construction site, between Orastie and Sibiu, lot 4 (Astaldi). Pictures are from last year. Now this motorway is open.

Săcel tunnel:

photo shource: marynu.net

NaRc0t1c, Kamov liked this post
Old February 13th, 2014, 01:02 PM   #7392
bogdymol
bogdymod

Great news

It seems that Astaldi-Max Boegl started working on Nadlac-Arad, lot 2 (ex-Romstrade lot, contract canceled at about 30% completion). This lot is the one that will be joined at the border with Hungarian M43. Deadline for completion of works is December 2014.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ionut @ pum
Ce-am promis, multumim sursei, sa ne traiasca!
Cred ca este premiera nationala, primele fotografii de pe lotul Nadlac-Pecica (Astaldi-Max Boegl).

Organizarea de santier este in acelasi loc cu organizarea de santier a celor de la Alpine.

Primele utilaje.

Se monteaza statia de asfalt.
http://imageshack.com/a/img32/3499/3flh.jpg

Doar atat deocamdata, este posibil sa mai primim poze, sa vedem. Oricum importanta este vestea, teoretic avem sperante sa termine anul asta daca vor lucra exemplar, asa cum au mai demonstrat cei de la Astaldi si Max Boegl.
Pictures from PUM.

cinxxx, Qtya, gogu.ca, violinivo, Wolfgang16 and 3 others liked this post
Old February 13th, 2014, 03:55 PM   #7393
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19400

Quote:
It seems that Astaldi-Max Boegl started working on Nadlac-Arad, lot 2 (ex-Romstrade lot, contract canceled at about 30% completion). This lot is the one that will be joined at the border with Hungarian M43. Deadline for completion of works is December 2014.
The contracts for the segment were canceled in November 2012. It took quite a bit of time to retender this project. In Poland they usually do it within 6 months.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2014, 04:01 PM   #7394
bogdymol
bogdymod

I agree with you that the re-tendering process is taking too much.

Nadlac-Arad, lot 2, was formerly awarded to Alpine, but contract was canceled in July 2013 after Alpine went bankrupt (works were 85% completed). They still haven't started the tender for a new constructions company to complete this section. After the tender will be started, they still have to allow the companies some time to make the offers, then they have to analyse them, choose a winner. After that comes the funny part with appeals in court etc. There's still much to be done for starting the works again on lot 2.
Old February 15th, 2014, 12:34 PM   #7395
Theijs

Likes (Received): 133

Quote:
Pictures from PUM.
the movie posted there from Ionut is as well very nice.
Theijs no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2014, 06:12 AM   #7396
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Likes (Received): 12044

Quote:
I agree with you that the re-tendering process is taking too much.

Nadlac-Arad, lot 2, was formerly awarded to Alpine, but contract was canceled in July 2013 after Alpine went bankrupt (works were 85% completed). They still haven't started the tender for a new constructions company to complete this section. After the tender will be started, they still have to allow the companies some time to make the offers, then they have to analyse them, choose a winner. After that comes the funny part with appeals in court etc. There's still much to be done for starting the works again on lot 2.
With Nadlac-Arad LOT 2 is more complicated. It's not only the retendering procedure they have to go through, but also the insolvency procedure of Alpine first, which takes also lots of time. Bad luck.
Castles and Mansions in Romania
Le Clerk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2014, 06:14 AM   #7397
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Likes (Received): 12044

Quote:
Originally Posted by vchira View Post
You are doing the numbers based on false premises. In Romania there are max 17 mil. people right now and there are A LOT of cars registred in Bulgaria because of low bulgarian taxes.

There are more ways to skin a cat!
Wow, look where the scientist is! I thought we had a census a couple of years ago, right?

Romania is the most rural country in the EU, and we should admit that is reflected into car ownership.
Castles and Mansions in Romania
Le Clerk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2014, 11:34 AM   #7398
vchira
vreau la TM pe Autobahn!

Likes (Received): 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Clerk View Post
Wow, look where the scientist is! I thought we had a census a couple of years ago, right?

Romania is the most rural country in the EU, and we should admit that is reflected into car ownership.
I enjoy your sarcasm, but you know how that census was made, and that a lot of persons that live abroad are registered as living in Romania. What I wanted to say is that the corelation between the number of cars and the results of the census ist not that easy to be made... and the rest is history
vchira no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2014, 03:55 PM   #7399
bogdymol
bogdymod

Unfortunately a bridge collapsed in Romania yesterday. It's a 80-meters long and 40 years old bridge on a secondary county road (DJ - drum judetean). Location of the bridge: http://goo.gl/maps/OVBZD

Pictures from digi24.ro.
Old February 19th, 2014, 04:33 PM   #7400
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19400

It looks like one of the support piers collapsed. There was no traffic on it (live load) when it happened?
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
highways, infrastructure, motorways, romania