daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 19th, 2014, 04:37 PM   #7401
bogdymol
bogdymod

Yes, one of the piers collapsed. There were 2 cars on the bridge at that time, but nobody was hurt.
My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 19th, 2014, 05:19 PM   #7402
timeandspace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Clerk View Post
With Nadlac-Arad LOT 2 is more complicated. It's not only the retendering procedure they have to go through, but also the insolvency procedure of Alpine first, which takes also lots of time. Bad luck.

too much time has passed with too much work already dormant in a very completed stage on this section.

you don't explain why these procedures have to take so long.

cnadnr and the government is underperforming to say the least. that is my own and personal point of view and i see little reason to change it. all varies on expectations i guess.
timeandspace no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2014, 01:08 AM   #7403
alwn

Likes (Received): 85

Quote:
With Nadlac-Arad LOT 2 is more complicated. It's not only the retendering procedure they have to go through, but also the insolvency procedure of Alpine first, which takes also lots of time. Bad luck.
So how many decades do we need to complete Arad- Nadlac?
Le Clerk, first time a little pessimistic
Quote:
too much time has passed with too much work already dormant in a very completed stage on this section.
cnadnr and the government is underperforming to say the least.
you are too polite
Old February 22nd, 2014, 10:32 AM   #7404
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Likes (Received): 12038

Craiova-Pitesti motorway concession (121 km) due to be signed in May.

http://m.adevarul.ro/locale/craiova/...33e/index.html
Castles and Mansions in Romania
Le Clerk está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2014, 10:35 AM   #7405
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by timeandspace View Post

you don't explain why these procedures have to take so long.

cnadnr and the government is underperforming to say the least. that is my own and personal point of view and i see little reason to change it. all varies on expectations i guess.

As I said, before any retendering procedure can be started, the insolvency procedures need to be completed according to the law. This ussualy takes more than 1 year.
Old February 22nd, 2014, 10:38 AM   #7406
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vchira View Post
I enjoy your sarcasm, but you know how that census was made, and that a lot of persons that live abroad are registered as living in Romania. What I wanted to say is that the corelation between the number of cars and the results of the census ist not that easy to be made... and the rest is history
How would you know how many persons living abroad are registered as living in Romania?!

PS: the census was certainly made poorly, because lots of people were not counted - including myself. Anyway, they admitted that later on and made some adjustments...
Old February 22nd, 2014, 10:55 AM   #7407
JackFrost
Hun Solo

Likes (Received): 11824

so, if everything goes OK we see A1 completed to Sibiu until late 2015. what bigger infrastructure project is aimed by the romanian government in the next years? I noticed that -except of a small section of A3- actual works are only carried out on A1. whats the reason Romania doesnt apply for more money in Brussels for road developments? i mean basically its all about showing Brussels some plans, and then asking for money...
JackFrost no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2014, 11:08 AM   #7408
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

My guess is they'll be focusing on concessions this year (Comarnic-Brasov, Pitesti-Craiova, and Bucharest south ring), A1 remaining segments, starting works on Sebes-Turda, and Bacau by-pass (these on EU money), and possibly restarting works on Bors-Suplacu. And that's it.

It's too early to tell what will happen next year.
Old February 22nd, 2014, 11:17 AM   #7409
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

BTW: Romania just cashed in yesterday EUR 500 m in EU funds for infrastructure projects.
Old February 22nd, 2014, 11:52 AM   #7410
timeandspace

Quote:
As I said, before any retendering procedure can be started, the insolvency procedures need to be completed according to the law. This ussualy takes more than 1 year.

hmm why is that so. so if the insolvency drags on pecica arad will stay unused no matter how long that takes. i have walked around there the stretch is ready.

the paperpushers are not pushing papers around, they are on TV and breaking up the coalition or whatever they are doing and not doing.

i will not get into politics but the current infrastructure record output and strategy is unacceptable. i could extend this to dormant overpassed on the ringroad arad and babble on.
timeandspace no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2014, 05:23 PM   #7411
bogdymol
bogdymod

Quote:
Where do you have this info from? Any reliable source?

Few days after Alpine went into insolvency, the contract for building Nadlac-Arad, lot 2, motorway was canceled. The Romanian Transport Ministry knew exactly how much money they gave them until that date and exactly what works were were completed (84,75% of works are completed to be exact). Why should they wait for Alpine to complete it's internal insolvency procedure before they can re-tender a motorway section which they know everything about?

timeandspace liked this post
Old February 22nd, 2014, 08:29 PM   #7412
cricric

Likes (Received): 3287

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Frost View Post
so, if everything goes OK we see A1 completed to Sibiu until late 2015. what bigger infrastructure project is aimed by the romanian government in the next years? I noticed that -except of a small section of A3- actual works are only carried out on A1. whats the reason Romania doesnt apply for more money in Brussels for road developments? i mean basically its all about showing Brussels some plans, and then asking for money...
-finishing A1 (still a lot of work to do, more than 100 km)

-A10 Sebes-Turda 70km

-A3: (at least this are the plans)
~64 km Bors-Suplacu de Barcau ( 40% progress, not u/c at the moment)
~58km Comarnic-Brasov (Cristian)-> ze mountains
~55 km Campia Turzii-Targu Mures
(~maybe Gilau-Nadaselu 10 km, contract was signed long time ago)

-A7 Bacau bypass

-maybe A0 S.
-maybe maybe A12 Craiova-Pitesti
and A13 Sibiu-Brasov

Dude, we have a lot of plans
cricric no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2014, 10:31 AM   #7413
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogdymol View Post
Where do you have this info from? Any reliable source?

Few days after Alpine went into insolvency, the contract for building Nadlac-Arad, lot 2, motorway was canceled. The Romanian Transport Ministry knew exactly how much money they gave them until that date and exactly what works were were completed (84,75% of works are completed to be exact). Why should they wait for Alpine to complete it's internal insolvency procedure before they can re-tender a motorway section which they know everything about?
Because the insolvency procedure is a court procedure, as in a country with a rule of law, and not even the Gov can trample on it?!
Old February 23rd, 2014, 10:32 AM   #7414
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricric View Post
-finishing A1 (still a lot of work to do, more than 100 km)

-A10 Sebes-Turda 70km

-A3: (at least this are the plans)
~64 km Bors-Suplacu de Barcau ( 40% progress, not u/c at the moment)
~58km Comarnic-Brasov (Cristian)-> ze mountains
~55 km Campia Turzii-Targu Mures
(~maybe Gilau-Nadaselu 10 km, contract was signed long time ago)

-A7 Bacau bypass

-maybe A0 S.
-maybe maybe A12 Craiova-Pitesti
and A13 Sibiu-Brasov

Dude, we have a lot of plans
What I said and more. Man, they call me an optimistic!
Old February 23rd, 2014, 10:34 AM   #7415
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by timeandspace View Post
hmm why is that so. so if the insolvency drags on pecica arad will stay unused no matter how long that takes. i have walked around there the stretch is ready.

the paperpushers are not pushing papers around, they are on TV and breaking up the coalition or whatever they are doing and not doing.

i will not get into politics but the current infrastructure record output and strategy is unacceptable. i could extend this to dormant overpassed on the ringroad arad and babble on.
What you are proposing is to breach the law for reasons of efficiencies. Sounds practical and appealing, but works only in countries that have nothing to do with the rule of law and EU law - like non-EU countries. In general, dictatorships appear initially more efficient than democracies.

As for politics, let's not get into those here.
Old February 23rd, 2014, 11:06 AM   #7416
medicu' de garda
Moderator de garda

Likes (Received): 1368

Le Clerk, that link you provided states absolutely nothing Nadlac-Arad lot 2, for which the contract was CANCELLED. It doesn't state much at all, actually... It doesn't even make sense!? Why would a court require this contract to be freezed indefinitely for such a procedure, especially when it isn't even in the company's responsbility anymore?? None of the other users with more know-how on the matter (and a lot more credibility) have stated such a thing, you are the only one to come up with this idea? Why is that?

I've read roumours about CNADNR waiting a bit for Astaldi to set up it's base for lot 1 in the area, so that it can secure an easy win with a lower price for the other lot, using the same concrete and asfalt facilities for both. It doesn't sound fair, and it's not very legal, but knowing our goverment, this is an idea that might just be real.
Old February 24th, 2014, 10:37 AM   #7417
bogdymol
bogdymod

Quote:
Because the insolvency procedure is a court procedure, as in a country with a rule of law, and not even the Gov can trample on it?!
That article is about the insolvency procedure of SC Alpine SA, the Romanian branch of Alpine Bau GmbH (Alpine Austria). The contract for construction of Nadlac-Arad, lot 2, motorway, was signed with Alpine Bau GmbH (directly with Alpine Austria). Alpine Romania basically worked as a subcontractor for Alpine Austria, so they don't have anything to do directly with the construction contract.

I don't see anywhere in that article stated anything about Nadlac-Arad, lot 2 motorway. Where's that "after insolvency procedures will end, they can re tender the construction" that you stated before?

More, in Serbia they already re tendered a motorway section that was initally awarded to Alpine. So they didn't have to wait until insolvency procedures were completed. See here.
Old February 24th, 2014, 07:38 PM   #7418
sponge_bob

Likes (Received): 2204

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ploie...8%9Ba_Motorway
Obviously everything in the wikipedia is true. So who won the tenders???
sponge_bob no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2014, 09:08 PM   #7419
bogdymol
bogdymod

No section of Ploiesti - (anywhere in Moldova area) motorway is scheduled to be tendered soon. Wikipedia is wrong on this one.

sponge_bob liked this post
Old February 24th, 2014, 09:17 PM   #7420
sponge_bob

Likes (Received): 2204

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogdymol View Post
Wikipedia is wrong on this one.
Wiki must be doing better with this one > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pite%C8...aiova_Motorway

Who was awarded that tender????
sponge_bob no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
highways, infrastructure, motorways, romania