daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 3rd, 2014, 11:12 PM   #7621
igorlan
אני חושב, משמע אני קיים

Likes (Received): 781

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogdymol View Post
......... The offers should be submitted by 23rd of July, and after that in just a few months the motorway should be completed.
Has a new contractor been chosen yet?

Sponsored Links
Old August 4th, 2014, 08:49 PM   #7622
Theijs

Likes (Received): 133

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
Yes, A1 west of Sibiu (opened 2013).
Was really great to drive. Sibiu - Deva in 1h15min instead of 3 hours Does anyone know how is the current national road 68A from Deva to Lugoj?

Last edited by Theijs; August 6th, 2014 at 10:51 AM.
Theijs no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2014, 06:25 PM   #7623
zol21

Likes (Received): 237

Quote:
Originally Posted by igorlan View Post
Has a new contractor been chosen yet?
no
zol21 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2014, 08:42 PM   #7624
seszele

Likes (Received): 1142

trip to Romania

dear Romanian friends, what is the best way to go to Constanca and the Black see at the moment; thru Szeged or Oradea? will move with Camping car, so we do not care for the speed as much as for easy driving, good aspfalt and no jams on the way..starting from Budapest anyway. thanks

seszele no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2014, 10:35 PM   #7625
Richard_P

Likes (Received): 2572

I would definitely recommend through Seged as there is most of motorway and alternatively close by regular roads are less overcrowded. As for Oradea You would land in steep climbs which are fun to drive but with camper may be problematic.

You also have to face decision weather from Sibiu go through DN1, DN7 or transfagaras DN7C. DN1 is less graded, DN7 has some steep inclines while DN7C goes through 2000 m high which is basically mountain road not suitable for camper.

The traffic is pretty flue lent especially that You will land after TIR which is doing 70-90 regardless of speed restrictions but they are on the radio so drive is rather safe. And last note beware of legal speed limits which aren't respected by anyone. Definitely +20 km/h is regarded as normal and going slower will definitely leave angry mob which will most definitely pass You on least safe spot.

And one more remark in Bucharest definitelly avoid ring road or You will get stuck for hours, go through city centre instead or use small beltway
Richard_P no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2014, 02:52 PM   #7626
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2080

Is the subsequent list of all u/c Romanian motorway projects up-to-date or does it contain out-dated date according to the known information?

A3: Bucharest-Gherghitei Street – Bucharest Ring Road 12 6.5km (April 2012 to Late 2014) – ? – map
A1: Pecica – Arad-West 12 16.7km (October 2011 to Late 2014) – projectmap
A1: Nadlac – Pecica 12 22.2km (October 2011 to December 2014) – ? – map
A1: Cunta – Saliste 12 22.1km (2011 to > Late 2014) – projectmap
A1: Timisoara-East – Balint (A6) 12 35.6km (Early 2014 to Late 2015) – ? – map
A1: Dumbrava – Cosevita 12 28.6km (2013 to Late 2015) – projectmap
A1: Cosevita – Ilia 12 21.1km (2013 to Late 2015) – ? – map
A1: Ilia – Soimus 12 22.1km (2013 to Late 2015) – ? – map
A3: Nadaselu – Gilau 12 8.7km (July 2014 to Late 2015) – ? – map
A10: Turda (A3) – Decea 12 16.3km (July 2014 to April 2016) – ? – map
A10: Decea – Aiud 12 12.5km (July 2014 to April 2016) – ? – map
A3: Bors – Suplacu de Barcau 12 64.5km (2004 to suspended) – projectmap

I guess A1 Nadlac - Pecica is also delayed until Mid 2015 like the M43.hu section, isn't it?
Any information about Pecica - Arad-West?
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2014, 09:39 PM   #7627
panda80

Likes (Received): 333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard_P View Post
I would definitely recommend through Seged as there is most of motorway and alternatively close by regular roads are less overcrowded. As for Oradea You would land in steep climbs which are fun to drive but with camper may be problematic.

You also have to face decision weather from Sibiu go through DN1, DN7 or transfagaras DN7C. DN1 is less graded, DN7 has some steep inclines while DN7C goes through 2000 m high which is basically mountain road not suitable for camper.

The traffic is pretty flue lent especially that You will land after TIR which is doing 70-90 regardless of speed restrictions but they are on the radio so drive is rather safe. And last note beware of legal speed limits which aren't respected by anyone. Definitely +20 km/h is regarded as normal and going slower will definitely leave angry mob which will most definitely pass You on least safe spot.

And one more remark in Bucharest definitelly avoid ring road or You will get stuck for hours, go through city centre instead or use small beltway
All your advices are good with the mention that from Sibiu the better option is DN7 which is shorter and goes through a valley (Olt), not climbing so much, just a few hills between Ramnicu Valcea and Pitesti. From Pitesti to Bucharest you have motorway. Depending on the time you will arrive in Bucharest you have to choose which way to go, bypass or through. The northern bypass is not so bad, aprox half of it is 2+2.
Skilldetector A new HR platform where everything is about your skills!
panda80 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2014, 09:40 PM   #7628
cricric

Likes (Received): 3286

Any information about Pecica - Arad-West? no contract yet
I would say 2015 for both sections, there is the possibility for 2014

Quote:
A1: Dumbrava – Cosevita 12 28.6km (2013 to Late 2015) – project – map
A1: Cosevita – Ilia 12 21.1km (2013 to Late 2015) – ? – map
I would say 2016

Quote:
A3: Bucharest-Gherghitei Street – Bucharest Ring Road 12 6.5km (April 2012 to Late 2014) – ? – map
This is also delayed, so 2015+

You can wait also for other opinions
cricric no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2014, 09:59 PM   #7629
Richard_P

Likes (Received): 2572

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda80 View Post
just a few hills between Ramnicu Valcea and Pitesti.
Yes few hills which in reality are like this ore like this switchbacks . The street view also shows reality of this climbs as on straight trucks are trying to run You over while they barely climb those hills (only western trucks have proper engines to keep pace with regular cars) and after summit return to attempts of running You over
Richard_P no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2014, 10:12 PM   #7630
panda80

Quote:
Yes few hills which in reality are like this ore like this switchbacks . The street view also shows reality of this climbs as on straight trucks are trying to run You over while they barely climb those hills (only western trucks have proper engines to keep pace with regular cars) and after summit return to attempts of running You over
On DN7 you have 2 hills both at about 500m high. On DN1 you have a 550m one at the beginning, then a 630m one and finally the Predeal ascent to about 1000m. And the road is much more crowded, especially between Predeal and Comarnic. Believe me, I drove both roads quite a lot (more than 20-30 times DN7 and probably more than 50 times DN1, as I was leaving in Braila and Bucharest). I never used DN1 from Bucharest to Sibiu because DN7+A1 is much better, but I used DN1 a lot for trips Bucharest-Brasov, Braila-Sibiu, etc. .
Old August 9th, 2014, 11:25 PM   #7631
cricric

Likes (Received): 3286

@MichiH: medicu' de garda already answered you here (regarding A3)

Also Timisoara-Lugoj section 2 is just 25.6 km long
cricric no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2014, 05:24 AM   #7632
seszele

Likes (Received): 1142

Quote:

Thanks so much, also to you, panda80.

I took once Brasov- Pitesti; thru high mountains and passes-it was a very beautiful landscape there, but a bit tough driving almost 3.5 t car and quite slow :-)
Which one was it?

3 more questions if you don't mind;

1. What are the nice& interestinf places/ towns on the way to stop? 2-3 for overnite and half day? Knowing Timisoara already?

2. What's the proper time to pass the Bucarest centre. I did it twice; afternoon ( hell on earth :-) ) and nite ( pleasant n easy).
But I'd rather not spend nite for driving again, so is 8pm ok to go ?

3. On the way back we would like to pass thru Maramures, so how to go from Bucarest?
I tried once on the way from Suceava, but the road ( i think it was a secondary national no.) was under big reconstruction and we gave up.
is it finished, or not? Or any other clue?

Thanks again, sorry to bother and what i really want to say is that you live in a very beautiful country, along with many nice people, we always enjoy visiting Romania :-)
seszele no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2014, 10:08 AM   #7633
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2080

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricric View Post
@MichiH: medicu' de garda already answered you here (regarding A3)
Thanks, I've simple forgot the A3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricric View Post
Also Timisoara-Lugoj section 2 is just 25.6 km long
I know but the list shows the opening of new sections, not the completion (end of works). When the section 2 will be opened, the next already completed section will also get in service. But I should modify the start date to 2011 b/c of that quite long sub section to be more accurate.
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2014, 11:19 AM   #7634
Gubot

Likes (Received): 2276

Quote:
I have just realised that you do not have a single pass(DN1, 7 & 6) with no back turns. I really do not know why you invested EU funds in motorways in the flat and easy and cheap to build valleys. I really don't understand also people that are against building A1 because it's going to drain the whole budget. It's needed ASAP
Gubot no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2014, 04:34 PM   #7635
panda80

Quote:
Originally Posted by seszele View Post
Thanks so much, also to you, panda80.

I took once Brasov- Pitesti; thru high mountains and passes-it was a very beautiful landscape there, but a bit tough driving almost 3.5 t car and quite slow :-)
Which one was it?

3 more questions if you don't mind;

1. What are the nice& interestinf places/ towns on the way to stop? 2-3 for overnite and half day? Knowing Timisoara already?

2. What's the proper time to pass the Bucarest centre. I did it twice; afternoon ( hell on earth :-) ) and nite ( pleasant n easy).
But I'd rather not spend nite for driving again, so is 8pm ok to go ?

3. On the way back we would like to pass thru Maramures, so how to go from Bucarest?
I tried once on the way from Suceava, but the road ( i think it was a secondary national no.) was under big reconstruction and we gave up.
is it finished, or not? Or any other clue?

Thanks again, sorry to bother and what i really want to say is that you live in a very beautiful country, along with many nice people, we always enjoy visiting Romania :-)
Brasov-Pitesti is another road, DN 73. It's indeed really curvy, but very nice landscapes there.

On the way you can stop in Deva (nice fortress above the town) and Sibiu (really nice historical center, European Capital of Culture in 2007). The whole area around Sibiu is really nice. Then you can also stop in Bucharest, the city center looks now really nice, after the renovations. The best time to pass Bucharest is until 8 am and after 7.30 pm. At 8 pm is quite fine.
From Bucharest till Maramures the best way is this. This way you will see also DN1 You will have some passes to cross, the heighest one being Predeal at 1000m. But the road is quite good, and you can stop in Sighisoara for one night, the town really deserves a visit.

seszele liked this post
Old August 20th, 2014, 12:38 AM   #7636
Gubot

Bridge alignments at 4 locations on the Danube river between Romania and Bulgaria have been chosen(the red ones, green and orange were just other alignment propositions):
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponss View Post
Now Romania and Bulgaria have to choose at least one of the locations and then find funding.

Richard_P, roata, mman2012 liked this post
Old August 20th, 2014, 12:08 PM   #7637
mman2012

Likes (Received): 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gubot View Post
Bridge alignments at 4 locations on the Danube river between Romania and Bulgaria have been chosen(the red ones, green and orange were just other alignment propositions):

Now Romania and Bulgaria have to choose at least one of the locations and then find funding.
Ruse - Giurgiu would be a great solution to upgrade the current traffic situation.
On the other hand, new bridges would help those areas develop.....
mman2012 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2014, 08:23 PM   #7638
Gubot

Quote:
Originally Posted by mman2012 View Post
Ruse - Giurgiu would be a great solution to upgrade the current traffic situation.
On the other hand, new bridges would help those areas develop.....
The article states that Giurgiu - Ruse bridge would be doubled according to these plans.
Old August 26th, 2014, 03:34 PM   #7639
eurocopter

Likes (Received): 2043

Recent aerial filming of A2 (Fetesti-Medgidia, including the spectacular Danube bridges), and A1 missing segment between Deva and Sibiu (to be opened on 15 November this year).

Old September 2nd, 2014, 04:11 PM   #7640
Qtya
sensational

Likes (Received): 9367

Map of the Romanian road network quality:

http://www.maszol.ro/uploads/files/f...ad_qm_v852.png

II. János Pál pápa

Gubot liked this post
Qtya no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
highways, infrastructure, motorways, romania