daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 23rd, 2014, 08:49 PM   #7761
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Likes (Received): 12044

Can anyone explain how come the EU can decide to increase funding for motorway projects after the projects were completed - beyond what was agreed initialy as funding ?!

Quote:
The European Commission (EC) has decided to increase funding for two highways built in Romania by more than EUR 260 million, from its cohesion funds.

The European Commission has already paid EUR 177 million for the two highway stretches, while the rest of the investment was covered by the Romanian state via bank loans from the European Investment Bank (EIB) and the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (ERBD).

The new funding increases the European Commission’s contribution to these highways to EUR 439 million and will help the state repay its loans.

One of the highways in question is connecting the Western cities of Arad and Timisoara, and was finished in 2011. The EC contributed EUR 287 million to this project. The other one is the ring road for the Black Sea port of Constanta, which was finalised in 2011. The EC financed this project with EUR 151.5 million.
Source
Castles and Mansions in Romania
Le Clerk no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 23rd, 2014, 08:58 PM   #7762
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19400

EU financing is actually a refund, you don't get the whole funding unless it meets EU regulation. As A1 south of Arad was opened in 2011, but not entirely completed after some time (years I believe), it may have been eligible for funding after it was completed.

Anyway, I see this as good news as this allows the Romanian government to spend more money on other projects. 600-some kilometers of motorways is still a low figure despite the improvements over the last few years. Hungary built its main motorway network with a much higher pace, as is Poland doing in the last six years or so.

my clinched highways / travel mapping • highway photography @ Flickr and Youtube

Le Clerk, MHN liked this post
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2014, 09:23 PM   #7763
sponge_bob

Likes (Received): 2205

Romania should be entitled to 80-85% co funding from the EU from now to 2020 as long as there are no overrun 'issues' caused by badly designed contracts. It used to be 85% but I think co funding has dropped to 80% since January 2014.

By the way the EU announced a breakdown of where the money would be spent from 2014 onwards only a week back. Here is as good a place as any to mention it.

http://inea.ec.europa.eu/en/cef/cef_...osals_2014.htm

Quote:
2014 CEF Transport Calls for Proposals

The 2014 CEF Transport Calls for Proposals, published on 11 September 2014, are the first calls under the CEF in the area of transport. CEF Transport is the successor of the TEN-T Programme. A total budget of €26.2 billion has been allocated to co-fund TEN-T projects in the EU Member States for the period 2014-2020: more than three times the amount allocated to the predecessor TEN-T Programme (2007–2013). From this budget, €11.3 billion is reserved for projects in Member States eligible for the Cohesion Fund.
So the rich countries get up to €14.8bn or around €2bn a year. The poorer countries get €11.3bn or around €1.7bn a year between them. Greece and Poland are promised a lot of the cash form 2014 to 2015 given the scale of what they already have underway.

again it must be stressed that.

Quote:
The vast majority of CEF funding will be directed at major cross-border projects and projects addressing main bottlenecks on the 9 TEN-T multimodal Core Network Corridors. Each Corridor will benefit from a coordinated implementation — with Corridor Work Plans and an innovative governance structure.
This means that relatively little money will be available for projects not on the Arad Constanta axis whether they are road rail or Danube shipping. That corridor is described below.

http://ec.europa.eu/transport/themes...ine-dan_en.htm

There is quite a lot in that link and not a lot of it is road to be honest.

Le Clerk, most liked this post
sponge_bob no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2014, 05:10 PM   #7764
Autoputevi kao hobi
srBska Kraljica

Likes (Received): 4063

DN22 Constanța (Ovidiu) - Tulcea, Romania

Zagor666 liked this post
Autoputevi kao hobi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2014, 10:45 PM   #7765
Qtya
sensational

Likes (Received): 9415

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogdymol View Post
That tender might be for the missing Somes bridge just west of Gilau exit. That bridge was part of Bechtel contract and is not part of UMB contract that builds the motorway further west. It's the missing link between the existing motorway and the section currently u/c.
What do you mean by "UMB contract" bogdymol?

II. János Pál pápa
Qtya está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2014, 10:51 PM   #7766
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2082

UMB builds the western A3 extension b/n Nadaselu and Gilau (July 2014 to Late 2015).
MichiH está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2014, 11:07 PM   #7767
Qtya
sensational

Likes (Received): 9415

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
UMB builds the western A3 extension b/n Nadaselu and Gilau (July 2014 to Late 2015).
Thank you kind Sir! I had no idea this section was u/c... It was already partly done by Bechtel, or UMB had to start from dust?

II. János Pál pápa
Qtya está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2014, 08:57 AM   #7768
zol21

Likes (Received): 237

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtya View Post
Thank you kind Sir! I had no idea this section was u/c... It was already partly done by Bechtel, or UMB had to start from dust?
UMB started from dust , on suplacu-bors section the construction progress it's around 50%, which will be tendered in the following period.

Qtya liked this post
zol21 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2014, 06:00 PM   #7769
maciek9207

Likes (Received): 158

Third part (the last) of my trip to Romania. (Mangalia - Constanța - Tulcea)
DN39 Mangalia - Constanța (x3)

A4 - Constanța centura (x3) (Port - Ovidiu)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autoputevi kao hobi View Post
DN22 Constanța (Ovidiu) - Tulcea, Romania
Bonus video DN7C Curtea de Argeș - Cârțișoara (x4, x2,5)

Thanks for watching! I really enjoyed driving on these roads.
maciek9207 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2014, 05:49 PM   #7770
Autoputevi kao hobi
srBska Kraljica

Likes (Received): 4063

And we all enjoyed in watching them .
Autoputevi kao hobi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2014, 10:53 AM   #7771
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Likes (Received): 12044

Nadlac-Pecica (Nadlac-Arad LOT 1, 22.2 km) to be opened by year-end, according to sources from Ministry of Transportation.

Source
Castles and Mansions in Romania

MichiH, JackFrost, Gubot, van_allen78 liked this post
Le Clerk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2014, 03:15 PM   #7772
MichiH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Clerk View Post
Nadlac-Pecica (Nadlac-Arad LOT 1, 22.2 km) to be opened by year-end, according to sources from Ministry of Transportation.

Source
It will be opened around 18th December 2014 (source). If I got it right, it will only be opened 2-laned and for cars only!?

Quote:
"Au fost finalizate lucrările la corpul autostrăzii, iar de acum se lucrează doar în exteriorul acesteia, cum ar fi la şanţuri, garduri sau poduri. Aşteptăm la începutul săptămânii viitoare o comisie tehnică de la CNADNR, care va verifica elementele ce ţin de siguramţa circulaţiei, astfel încât dacă se primeşte acceptul, traficul va fi deschis în jurul datei de 18 decembrie”, a declarat Adler.

El a precizat că, pentru a se putea circula pe autostradă, s-au mai finalizat şase kilometri din lotul II, care asigură legătura cu DN7 printr-un nod rutier existent lângă oraşul Pecica. La capătul de la frontiera cu Ungaria, va exista un alt drum de legătură cu DN7, spre actualul punct de control pentru trecerea graniţei.
I don't get it, will it be opened including DN7 interchange east of Pecica?
Old December 13th, 2014, 04:27 PM   #7773
medicu' de garda
Moderator de garda

Likes (Received): 1368

The A1 motorway will be open on both carriageways on the entire stretch between Pecica interchange and Nadlac. This means that the entire first lot of Nadlac-Arad is ready (ok, minus the rest area, border checkpoint and road to the border). Also, a small 6km bit of lot 2 to the Pecica interchange will be opened (otherwise lot 1 would be useless, cause there are no intermediary exits). The last bit between Pecica and Arad will be opened next spring. The constructor says June, but it's very likely to be done by April, in my opinion.

The part about only 2 lanes is refering to the conecting road to the old DN7. Since you can't use the motorway to exit the country, traffic has to use this conecting road to the old border checkpoint. Because it has only two lanes and it's very close to the border, it's likely trucks would clog up this road while waiting for customs, with no space to be overtaken. So they will be banned from using the motorway westbound (I'm not sure if eastbound is also forbidden).

MichiH liked this post
medicu' de garda no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2014, 04:54 PM   #7774
MichiH

Thanks .

I guess about 27km A1 will be opened next week, about 10.5km will be opened in spring 2015. The westernmost 1km will be opened together with the Hungarian section mid of 2015 (24km in total).
Old December 13th, 2014, 07:45 PM   #7775
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Pecica is the last interchange in Romania. Does that mean a segment of Hungarian M43 will also open to traffic to Nagylak?
Old December 13th, 2014, 07:52 PM   #7776
MichiH

No, Nadlac i/c is the last one in Romanian. The last Hungarian i/c is called Nagylak.
Old December 13th, 2014, 08:17 PM   #7777
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Where is this Nădlac interchange? Google Earth imagery shows a straight motorway alignment, but no interchanges between Pecica and the Hungarian border.
Old December 13th, 2014, 08:17 PM   #7778
bogdymol
bogdymod

There are 2 exits near the border, one on each side, at 1-2 km from the border.
My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2014, 08:25 PM   #7779
MichiH

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
Where is this Nădlac interchange?
http://old.wikimapia.org/#lat=46.209...3&z=17&l=0&m=o
http://old.wikimapia.org/#lat=46.209...3&z=17&l=0&m=s

ChrisZwolle liked this post
Old December 14th, 2014, 11:57 PM   #7780
Goy
BANNED

Likes (Received): 156

Romania should build a highway Bucaresti - Chisinau or Iasi - Chisinau at least. It will strenghten ties with Moldova that speaks the same language as you. When you get only one nation again you will already have regular infrastructure!
Goy no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
highways, infrastructure, motorways, romania