daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 13th, 2015, 12:02 AM   #7921
Theijs

Likes (Received): 133

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasadia View Post
To fit the gap from 72,8 km untill 80-90 km
Maybe the lot Arad - Pecica was included in the counting? It looks like the start of A1 at the Hungarian border until the intersection with the A6 and beyond to Dumbrava will finally be open this year.

Last edited by Theijs; March 14th, 2015 at 02:59 PM.
Theijs no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old March 13th, 2015, 12:18 AM   #7922
pasadia

Likes (Received): 1934

Intersection between A1 and A6 is at Balint, near Lugoj. From there east A1 goes till Dumbrava (this segment was open in december 2013) and now that article give us reason to believe that this year will be open till east of Margina, leaving a little over 50 km to be opened in 2016 and to complete A1 all the was from hungarian border till Sibiu.
pasadia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2015, 03:08 PM   #7923
Theijs

Likes (Received): 133

Looking on google maps I discover a new national road 66A between Baile Hercunaleum / Tatu and Uricani, crossing Retezat mountains. In 2011 I haven't noticed this road, nor construction works. Is it already in use?
Theijs no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2015, 04:31 PM   #7924
medicu' de garda
Moderator de garda

Likes (Received): 1368

Actually DN66A branches somewhere near Tatu from the road DN67D Baile Herculane to Targu Jiu. DN67D is a secondary road linking northern Oltenia towards Banat, via Baile Herculane. It's not in a great state, but AFAIK it's usable. It has always been there.

DN66A is a good quality road from Petrosani to Campu lu Neag, after which it becomes a forest road, hardly usable by a city car. I think GoogleMaps only recently decided to mark it as a main road, before that it was marked as a forest road. There are no construction works there whatsoever, which is a good thing, since the road passes right through the middle of Retezat Moutains National Park. Paving it would mean a whole lot of idiots with barbecues, sandals and tons of left-behind garbage would have acces to a nature reserve. There have been plans for upgrading this stretch a while ago, but they have been met woth widespread critique. Still, recently thre has been a tender for a fesability study regarding it's upgrading, which is really strange. It reamins to be seen what will happen with it...
Old March 19th, 2015, 03:06 PM   #7925
pasadia

New aerial filming of some construction sites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
Romania (map and summary)

A1: Timisoara-East – Balint (A6) 35.6km (2011 to Late 2015) – ? – map
Quote:
Originally Posted by eurocopter View Post

MichiH, medicu' de garda, winnipeg liked this post

Last edited by pasadia; June 15th, 2015 at 12:19 PM.
Old March 20th, 2015, 03:15 AM   #7926
winnipeg

Likes (Received): 206

Quote:
Originally Posted by medicu' de garda View Post
Actually DN66A branches somewhere near Tatu from the road DN67D Baile Herculane to Targu Jiu. DN67D is a secondary road linking northern Oltenia towards Banat, via Baile Herculane. It's not in a great state, but AFAIK it's usable. It has always been there.

DN66A is a good quality road from Petrosani to Campu lu Neag, after which it becomes a forest road, hardly usable by a city car. I think GoogleMaps only recently decided to mark it as a main road, before that it was marked as a forest road. There are no construction works there whatsoever, which is a good thing, since the road passes right through the middle of Retezat Moutains National Park. Paving it would mean a whole lot of idiots with barbecues, sandals and tons of left-behind garbage would have acces to a nature reserve. There have been plans for upgrading this stretch a while ago, but they have been met woth widespread critique. Still, recently thre has been a tender for a fesability study regarding it's upgrading, which is really strange. It reamins to be seen what will happen with it...
But it could also mean a lot of peacefull tourist that just want to discover the region and the Carpates in general. In this area, I went to Transalpina last year from Petrosani, and it was lots of absolutly beautiful scenery, but the road was pretty bad, it really hurted my car, even the Transalpina has very bad sections...

I think that the best way to educate people to be respectfull is to show them how the nature is beautiful, not to keep them away from it!

I would definitly have traveled accross all the wonderfull Carpates if the road from Arad to Deva wasn't that bad (and risking my life by taking it...), that's why I'm impatiently waiting for 2016 when the A1 highway will be ended, so it will be possible to travel to Sibiu safely !

eucitizen liked this post
winnipeg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2015, 10:12 AM   #7927
Qtya
sensational

Likes (Received): 9398

Scheduled opening of M43 is 15 July.

Critical issue is the border control infrastructure, since its not u/c on the Romanian side...

II. János Pál pápa

bogdymol, Gubot liked this post
Qtya no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2015, 11:24 AM   #7928
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Likes (Received): 12043

A10 (Sebes-Turda), lots 3&4, from the air:

Castles and Mansions in Romania
Le Clerk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2015, 11:28 AM   #7929
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Works on the new bridge over the Danube near Braila are expected to start next year. Currrently, SF is under tendering procedure, and the winer will be announced shortly. The bridge benefits from EU financing 2014-2020. Estimated value: EUR 246 m.

Source: Transportation Ministry

Gubot liked this post
Old March 20th, 2015, 11:39 AM   #7930
pasadia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtya View Post
Scheduled opening of M43 is 15 July.

Critical issue is the border control infrastructure, since its not u/c on the Romanian side...

Actually is under construction. Here is the press release in roumanian and it's about aditional works including the border control infrastructure. There are 125 days for construction, starting in february 2015.

And I know I've read somewhere that there will be 10 lanes for border control, but I can't find that information anymore.

Probably 15 July was discuted between hungarian and roumanian authorities and is should mean the opening of Pecica - Arad section (10 km) will be also then.

Qtya liked this post
Old March 20th, 2015, 12:23 PM   #7931
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

2 x 10 lanes: 6 for cars, and 4 for trucks

Completion is slated for June.

http://www.romania-actualitati.ro/no..._control-73321

Qtya liked this post
Old March 20th, 2015, 01:10 PM   #7932
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Old March 20th, 2015, 05:33 PM   #7933
medicu' de garda
Moderator de garda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Clerk View Post
Works on the new bridge over the Danube near Braila are expected to start next year. Currrently, SF is under tendering procedure, and the winer will be announced shortly. The bridge benefits from EU financing 2014-2020. Estimated value: EUR 246 m.

Source: Transportation Ministry

Oh come on, why would you post this crappy piece or article on a serious real information section like this one. There is no way in hell a new bridge near Braila will be under construction next year. You can tell that be reading the actual article. A SF winner is a long way from building the actual thing. We don't even have an approved MasterPlan (since the EU rejected the last draft) to talk about this sort of stuff. Furthermore, the picture posted has absolutely nothing to do with the proposed bridge. It's supposed to be tall with long span, most likely a suspension or cable-stayed bridge. Please select your news before posting...

PS: Eurocopter's (awesome) motorway filmings were already posted on this same page, a few messages above...

cricric liked this post
medicu' de garda no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2015, 05:48 PM   #7934
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

FFS, that's the statement from the transportation ministry itself ! Not an article ! Maybe you should pay the same level of obsessive attention that you require from others on tthis forum.

I didn't see Eurocopter's posts above. Big deal ! His shooting deserves double post.

Last edited by Le Clerk; March 20th, 2015 at 09:44 PM.
Old March 25th, 2015, 08:20 PM   #7935
medicu' de garda
Moderator de garda

Recently, the National Road and Motorway Company launched the tender for another lot of the A3 Transilvania motorway, Nadaselu-Mihaesti, the remaining part of lot 3A (according to the original Bechtel plan), km 8+700 - km 25+500. Opening of offers is estimated to take place on 06.05.2015. Estimated cost: 687.513.425,00 RON without VAT. Duration of contract: 6 months for designing, 12 for building and a 48 month warranty.

This is a very weird lot, it runs through some rough terrain, has a lot of viaducts, some of which are quite long or high, but it has NO interchanges. The southern end links with the already U/C Gilau-Nadaselu section of A3 (interchange included), but the northern end is in the middle of nowhere, far from any road, close to a hill top! There is no mentioning of a temporary link to another road... Let's shope they know what they are doing, cause this isn't at all cheap and it's going to be build with state funds (which are in short supply).

MichiH, pasadia, MG42 liked this post
medicu' de garda no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2015, 08:28 PM   #7936
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2082

Quote:
Originally Posted by medicu' de garda View Post
Let's hope they know what they are doing, cause this isn't at all cheap and it's going to be build with state funds (which are in short supply).
Of course, they do! Don't you trust politicians?

Which new motorways are currently under construction?
Which new motorways will be opened next?

See 'New motorway projects' thread

** Please help completing and updating of the list **

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2015, 01:09 AM   #7937
kostas97

Likes (Received): 102

I read that Romania will apply to join the Schengen in 2016....is it true?
(I mention it because of the Hungarian border, which is a Schengen gateway)
kostas97 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2015, 07:25 AM   #7938
JackFrost
Hun Solo

Likes (Received): 11828

what do you mean? Along with Bulgaria both countries apply constantly since 2007 to join Schengen. First date to join was set for 2011.

Probably you mean Croatia?

Latest news: http://www.romania-insider.com/ambas...ession/144265/
JackFrost no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2015, 12:03 AM   #7939
kostas97

Likes (Received): 102

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackFrost View Post
what do you mean? Along with Bulgaria both countries apply constantly since 2007 to join Schengen. First date to join was set for 2011.

Probably you mean Croatia?

Latest news: http://www.romania-insider.com/ambas...ession/144265/
1.why don't they join?
2.no, I mean Romania. As far as Croatia is concerned, I know that they're going to apply on the 1st of July.
In my opinion, Croatia will join the Schengen easier than Romania and Bulgaria.

What do you think?
kostas97 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2015, 12:10 AM   #7940
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2082

Have you read the article? "The Netherlands opposes Romania’s Schengen accession". Again!

Please refer to wikipedia. Finland, the Netherlands and Germany didn't agree in the past.

Quote:
Lack of consensus by the Council of Ministers that accession criteria have been met

Which new motorways are currently under construction?
Which new motorways will be opened next?

See 'New motorway projects' thread

** Please help completing and updating of the list **

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
highways, infrastructure, motorways, romania