daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 25th, 2015, 07:34 PM   #8081
winnipeg

Likes (Received): 206

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogdymol View Post
Main road 1, just after leaving Sibiu towards Bucharest/Brasov:

source
So nice!

Why am I stuck in Arad, I love mountains!
winnipeg no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 25th, 2015, 09:53 PM   #8082
pasadia

Likes (Received): 1934

No, there isn't so much snow, it meelted away in the last 2-3 weeks since summer arrived over eastern europe a little too soon. But that image it's quite popular, it can be seen in every clear morning during winter, from december untill april. During summer days absence of snow makes for a scenery less spectaculare.

winnipeg, MichiH liked this post
pasadia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2015, 11:40 PM   #8083
winnipeg

Still much better than the scenery we have in Arad ( https://www.google.ro/maps/@46.20312...zNwIZUCylQ!2e0 )
Old May 27th, 2015, 12:20 AM   #8084
Theijs

Likes (Received): 133

I read that 33,5 million RON will be spend on the construction of an extension of the Bucuresti metro to Otopeni in 2020 due to the European Football Championship.
Is there as well any money allocated for improvement of the existing Bucuresti centura, or do we need to wait for a new government for that?
Theijs no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2015, 05:17 PM   #8085
MHN
Romania

Likes (Received): 1419

Recently taken pictures from Timisoara - Lugoj Lot2:
Quote:

Old May 27th, 2015, 05:18 PM   #8086
MHN
Romania

Likes (Received): 1419

Same stretch:
Quote:

More pictures on PUM.

winnipeg, gogo3o, brick84 liked this post
MHN no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2015, 02:24 AM   #8087
pasadia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theijs View Post
I read that 33,5 million RON will be spend on the construction of an extension of the Bucuresti metro to Otopeni in 2020 due to the European Football Championship.
I'm pretty sure that there will be a lot of money needed for that, not only 7 milion euros. Anyway, I think that there are other solution, better solution, to link OTP and Bucharest via existing railways.
Quote:
Is there as well any money allocated for improvement of the existing Bucuresti centura, or do we need to wait for a new government for that?
Works for improvment of DNCB (National Road Bucharest Bypass, or Drumul National Centura Bucuresti) are going on but on small segments and the final result is not that great (still many roundabouts and dangerous at level intersection). Improvment means manly building second carriage, from 1+1 to 2*2.

Green = finished
Blue = under construction
Red = no works undergoing

There are talks of a different highway ring around Bucharest, called A0 (click for larger version):

But for now there isn't any plans for construction. Probably they will start somewhere around 2020 with the segment between DN1 - OTP - A3 (northern part of Bucharest).

Last edited by pasadia; May 28th, 2015 at 02:31 AM.
Old May 31st, 2015, 09:53 AM   #8088
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2082

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinoinsana View Post
situatie lucrari autostrazi. zf.ro
If I got it right, construction of A10 lot 1 and 2 didn't start last November but - mostly likely - in April 2015!? Can anyone confirm?

Which new motorways are currently under construction?
Which new motorways will be opened next?

See 'New motorway projects' thread

** Please help completing and updating of the list **

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2015, 12:43 AM   #8089
pasadia

Yes, that is right. The contract was sign in Octomber (if I remember right) and so first months (usually 4 to 6) are spent on design, not on construction.

I don't think they began construction there. So far I only saw some works for headquartes in worksite and archaeological works on the route. Archaeological pits can be seen even on Google Maps - picture taken probably in the last 30 days.

It should start working soon, as they are falling behind lot 3 and 4 where works are going on strong:

SRC_100, MichiH, gogo3o, Richard_P, Luki_SL and 2 others liked this post

Last edited by pasadia; June 1st, 2015 at 12:49 AM.
Old June 1st, 2015, 05:51 PM   #8090
MichiH

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasadia View Post
Yes, that is right. The contract was sign in Octomber (if I remember right) and so first months (usually 4 to 6) are spent on design, not on construction.
I don't think they began construction there. So far I only saw some works for headquartes in worksite and archaeological works on the route.
Not yet u/c? But lot 1+2 progess was 0% in March and 5.9%/4.4% in May!? Who creates numbers like this?

Did Lot3+4 construction really begin in July 2014?

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)
Old June 1st, 2015, 09:33 PM   #8091
medicu' de garda
Moderator de garda

Likes (Received): 1368

The lots are U/C, but works have only recently started. At the moment, they have only finished the HQ for each lot and started archeological and demining procedures, which in Romania are done by the contractor, not by the state. Actual earthworks should begin shortly. The increase in completion percentage is due to the design works, which are included in the contract value and are counted as such.

MichiH liked this post
medicu' de garda no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2015, 10:14 PM   #8092
pasadia

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
Did Lot3+4 construction really begin in July 2014?
Yes, in July they started doing exactly what now it is done on Lot 1+2.

Lot 3+4 should be done till March 2016 (as contracts says) but probably will be open later in May - June (will have local election around that time), Lot 1+2 should be done till Octomber (will have parliamentary election in november). So all seems to be quite well set up.

MichiH liked this post
Old June 3rd, 2015, 02:15 PM   #8093
pasadia

There are more and more news about opening of the missing part between Arad and Mako on roumanian A1 and hungarian M43. In this article (in roumanian) it is said that works should be finished untill the end of this month. Rumors is that opening is scheduled for 10-15 July (depending on program of both prim-ministers). Still some works are to be done, especially around border control facilities. These pictures are a week old (27 of May):

parking area:

border control check-points:

"the last frontier":

towards Roumania:

parking area:

MichiH, violinivo, Luki_SL, MHN, AlexisMD and 2 others liked this post
Old June 4th, 2015, 10:49 AM   #8094
Der Rattenfänger

Likes (Received): 1964

Hi guys, sorry if this was already discussed. I intend to travel from Bulgaria to Germany at the end of July, so I was thinking about using the stretch from Timisoara to Mako. From what I see the missing part between Pecica and Arad will be finished by then, but will they have opened the part from the border with Hungary to Mako as well? Also, I hope the border posts will be finished by then and control will take place on the highway, right? Or perhaps the cars will have to make a detour and use the old check point, before getting on the highway again?

Thank you and sorry if I'm being annoying
Old June 4th, 2015, 11:17 AM   #8095
MichiH

Please read the post above yours... Of course, M43/A1 will be opened at once, border controls will be done on the motorway.

btw: Will you drive to Hameln?

winnipeg, cricric liked this post
Old June 4th, 2015, 11:19 AM   #8096
winnipeg

Hi,

Look at the previous post, the opening of the new border point is scheduled for July (but it could be delayed as it is often the case here in Romania...).

But even if it's not finished when you will travel by there, it's not a so big detour to go trough the old border point, in my opinion you shouldn't plan your trip only on this part of the trip!

Here is the detour you will have to do if it's not yet opened : https://www.google.com/maps/dir/46.2...,20.705491,12z

But sure, it would be great to have the highway finished, it would be easier and faster fo you!

Edit : 2 minutes too late!
Old June 4th, 2015, 12:52 PM   #8097
Der Rattenfänger

Hi guys, I took a look at the post above, but I was not sure whether the openings on both sides are synchronized and whether they're only going to open the part from Pecica to Arad and leave the rest for later. Anyway, thank you and hopefully they'll finish on time . On that particular day I have to drive all the way from Sofia to Bratislava, so using a highway straight from Timisoara instead of Mako is an advantage

MichiH - good one . Actually I mentioned Germany, because I didn't want to get into details, but the final point of my journey will be Nordkapp in Norway

LG_ liked this post
Der Rattenfänger no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2015, 02:03 PM   #8098
winnipeg

But why you don't go through Serbia instead of Romania, it would be shorter and easier, no?

Oh nice, I've been in Lofotens last year, and I didn't go higher than Narvik (I heard that going higher is a waste of time as there is not so much to see/do...), but it was very nice, I highly recomand you to visit the Lofotens islands!

(Sorry for the off-topic )
Old June 4th, 2015, 02:31 PM   #8099
Der Rattenfänger

OK, last post, because I'm seriously changing the subject here.
Sure - Serbia is faster, but (if any customs officials are reading this forum, please close your eyes for a second) since everything is so expensive in Scandinavia we intend to take some booze with us to keep us company near the camp fire and we wouldn't like to be controlled at borders a lot .
But seriously (although this was also serious ) - when traveling we enjoy making stops on the way, so since we've visited a lot of places in Serbia, we decided that it would be nice to make a stop in Timisoara. From what I've seen and heard it's a place worth visiting.
And going back to the highway topic - if the highway is not finished by the end of July maybe it would be easier to take the direct road from Timisoara to Mako, because if the situation stays like this, then driving pass Arad is longer and doesn't save time at all.

P.S. Lofotens are also on the list . I'm sure Nordkapp is not going to be anything that impressive, but we intend to go anyway, just so that we can say that we've gotten to the "end of the road" .

winnipeg, MichiH, LG_, MHN liked this post
Der Rattenfänger no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2015, 02:43 PM   #8100
winnipeg

Ok, I see!

About Timisoara, it's a nice city of course, but honestly I wouldn't say that it's a "mandatory" stop in a road trip like yours, there is not so much to visit in my opinion (sorry if there is any Timisoarians here ), it's nice, but hardly comparable to all the greats cities and capitals you will have on your road... but it's just my opinion!

Great, I see, you already planed this very well! So have a good trip!

Tags
highways, infrastructure, motorways, romania