daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 4th, 2015, 02:43 PM   #8101
LG_

Likes (Received): 179

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnipeg View Post
But why you don't go through Serbia instead of Romania, it would be shorter and easier, no?

(Sorry for the off-topic )
I made the same last year in June. I chose Vidin-Calafat-Timisoara instead of Belgrade - Subotica. Just to vary the routes and see something different (to see the new Danube bridge also). In financial terms there are hardly any differences. 6€ for bridge fee and 5 € for the vignette make same price as the total motorway fees in Serbia. The shorter distance via Serbia (by ca.50 km) in terms of fuel costs is compensating by the slower speed in Romania (lower consumption).

winnipeg, Gubot liked this post
LG_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 4th, 2015, 02:47 PM   #8102
Theijs

Likes (Received): 133

Quote:
Originally Posted by Der Rattenfδnger View Post
From Sofia to Bratislava, so using a highway
I'm curious how much time it will take you to drive Sofia - Timisoara via Vidin as well as Timisoara - Budapest (until ring road) via A1/M43 border crossing in late July During the summer I might do this route southbound.

winnipeg liked this post
Theijs no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2015, 03:20 PM   #8103
winnipeg

Likes (Received): 206

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG_ View Post
I made the same last year in June. I chose Vidin-Calafat-Timisoara instead of Belgrade - Subotica. Just to vary the routes and see something different (to see the new Danube bridge also). In financial terms there are hardly any differences. 6€ for bridge fee and 5 € for the vignette make same price as the total motorway fees in Serbia. The shorter distance via Serbia (by ca.50 km) in terms of fuel costs is compensating by the slower speed in Romania (lower consumption).
Okay, that's interesting!
winnipeg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2015, 07:54 PM   #8104
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2080

Outlook of motorway sections to be started

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasadia View Post
In other news, data about the recent contracts for A3:
A3: Targu Mures - Ungheni 4.5km + conection road ( ? 2015 to ? 2016) - project - map
A3: Ungheni - Ogra 10.1km ( ? 2015 to ? 2016) - project - map
A3: Ogra - Iernut 3.6km ( ? 2015 to ? 2016) - project - map
A3: Iernut - Chetani 17.9km ( ? to ? ) - project ? - map
A3: Chetani - Campia Turzii 15.7km ( ? 2015 to ? 2016) - project - map
I think there will be no interchange at Ogra? OSM does not indicate one. If there's no interchange, the 3.6km lot 1 of section 2A, Iernut-Ogra, must be opened with lot 2, Ogra-Ungheni.
The section lengths refer to the contract but my list is sorted by opening dates which means, the "final" section lengths begin and end at interchanges.
I guess the interchange near Chetani will be called Ludus, please refer to OSM. Ungheri will get two interchanges, the lot boundary should be at the airport interchange.

A3: Campia Turzii – Ludus 16km (2015 to 2016/17) – ? – map
A3: Ludus – Iernut 18km (2015 to 2016/17) – ? – map
A3: Iernut – Ungheni-Airport 14km (2015 to 2016/17) – ? – map
A3: Ungheni-Airport – Targu Mures 4.5km (2015 to 2016/17) – ? – map

A3 section Mihaesti - Nadaselu (km 8+700 - km 25+500) is also tendered but there's no interchange at all. That means, construction of the section could begin but the section cannot be opened without the next section. I guess the next interchange should be near Zimbor (source: OSM)!?

A3: Zimbor – Nadaselu ~30km (2015/16 to ?) – ? – map

In addition, another section where construction works should/could begin "soon":

A7: Bacau-North – Bacau-South 17km (2015 to 2017) [1st c/w]– ? – map

I'll add the project to the list - please refer to the link in my signature - when construction works will be reported here.

Which new motorways are currently under construction?
Which new motorways will be opened next?

See 'New motorway projects' thread

** Please help completing and updating of the list **

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2015, 11:35 PM   #8105
pasadia

Likes (Received): 1934

Yes, no I/C at Ogra, and yes, probably Ludus is a better name for the other interchange.

By the way, Strabag is bragging about A3, Ungheni - Ogra, although contract was signed some months ago.

Quote:
A3 section Mihaesti - Nadaselu (km 8+700 - km 25+500) is also tendered but there's no interchange at all. That means, construction of the section could begin but the section cannot be opened without the next section. I guess the next interchange should be near Zimbor (source: OSM)!?
Quote:
Originally Posted by delacroix View Post
delacroix is sugesting that a connection road will be made via 10% financing for aditional works. He probably knows something.

And yes, at least till now there is no evidence of construction works neither on the above mention, neither on A10, Sebes - Alba Iulia north and A10, Alba Iulia north - Aiud. Also, we hope that this year will have some works on Surplacu de Barcau - Bors.
pasadia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2015, 11:59 PM   #8106
Theijs

Likes (Received): 133

Quote:
Yes, probably Ludus is a better name for the other interchange.
A3, Ungheni - Ogra, can't Ungheni be changed as well? There is Ungheni a/d Prut, beyond Iasi, and I always thought that border town was being referred to
Theijs no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2015, 01:04 AM   #8107
pasadia

I don't think so. This Ungheni is well known, at least in Transilvania, mainly because of this crazy intersection. Over there main national road, DN13, meets county road DJ151D which serves as a bypass for Targu Mures for those travelling between Brasov and Cluj, and also meets DJ151B, the main road towards small town of Tarnaveni. A recipe for disaster, which makes that small village to be known to everybody.

Funny thing is that A8, Targu Mures - Iasi, will be practicaly a conection between Ungheni (RO) and Ungheni (MD).

MHN liked this post
Old June 5th, 2015, 07:16 PM   #8108
MichiH

Quote:
Originally Posted by medicu' de garda View Post
The lots are U/C, but works have only recently started. At the moment, they have only finished the HQ for each lot and started archeological and demining procedures, which in Romania are done by the contractor, not by the state. Actual earthworks should begin shortly. The increase in completion percentage is due to the design works, which are included in the contract value and are counted as such.
Quote:
And yes, at least till now there is no evidence of construction works neither on the above mention, neither on A10, Sebes - Alba Iulia north and A10, Alba Iulia north - Aiud. Also, we hope that this year will have some works on Surplacu de Barcau - Bors.
u/c but not u/c......... I think I should go there and check it soon.....

Quote:
delacroix is sugesting that a connection road will be made via 10% financing for aditional works. He probably knows something.
Ok. It Seems plausible as one can see at the end of the video. There's only a very short distance to DN1F. I guess the temporary slip road is not at the end of the section but about 2km east of it (km 23.5)!? Please refer to the map. The road also ends there in the animation though!?!?!

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)

Last edited by MichiH; June 5th, 2015 at 07:23 PM. Reason: question about section end added
Old June 5th, 2015, 09:27 PM   #8109
pasadia

Depends on what you consider to be U/C. Some might say that preliminary works (archaeology, demining, seting up head-quarters, designing, etc...) are to be consider, other might say that real construction starts only when excavation starts.

Rumors say that A10, lot 1 and 2 needed some environmental agreement renewed, and that paper work was finished this week.
Old June 5th, 2015, 10:35 PM   #8110
MichiH

That's why I wrote I have to see it in person .

Seriously, I know that it's difficult to define. I usually count earthworks or brigde construction but not clearance. On the other hand, I usually get worse info of other countries' projects, so I'm happy that we can discuss details like this .

I'll probably be just 2km away from lot 1 in late June. So why not to check how it looks like .

Old June 6th, 2015, 01:23 AM   #8111
pasadia

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
I'll probably be just 2km away from lot 1 in late June. So why not to check how it looks like .
Alba - Iulia, Rapa Rosie or Ciugud (don't have photo for that small village, only info - is probably the best rural village in Roumania in matter of european funds using for local development)?

Old June 6th, 2015, 09:47 AM   #8112
MichiH

Quote:
I was in Alba-Iulia two years ago. Walking through the district of the town that is shown on your pic. One EU funding sign next to each other...

I'll probably be here though .

Old June 6th, 2015, 02:54 PM   #8113
bogdymol
bogdymod

Today I took few pictures of A1 motorway, section between Arad and Pecica (map). This motorway section is almost completed. The opening should be in about 1 month.

Slip road from Arad bypass to Arad-Nadlac motorway:

Entering Arad-Nadlac motorway:

More work needs to be completed nearby Pecica exit:

Bonus picture: waste of money. One of the signs was installed by company Alpine (who went bankrupt and abandoned the works at 85% completion rate), and the other was newly installed by company Astaldi, who is completing the works now:

You can see more pictures here.
My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2015, 04:41 PM   #8114
Luki_SL

Likes (Received): 17389

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogdymol View Post

Bonus picture: waste of money. One of the signs was installed by company Alpine (who went bankrupt and abandoned the works at 85% completion rate), and the other was newly installed by company Astaldi, who is completing the works

You can see more pictures here.
Usually there is ONE place to set the sign in the project. Strange situation
Old June 7th, 2015, 11:40 AM   #8115
Gubot

Likes (Received): 2276

Quote:
This Ungheni is well known, at least in Transilvania, mainly because of this crazy intersection.
GM suggests that there is a roundabout there now. Is this really the case?
Gubot no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2015, 01:12 PM   #8116
medicu' de garda
Moderator de garda

Likes (Received): 1368

Indeed it is. It has just recently been rebuilt. Quite a funny looking roundabout, too

Gubot liked this post
medicu' de garda no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2015, 04:19 PM   #8117
kostas97

Likes (Received): 102

Quote:
Bonus picture: waste of money. One of the signs was installed by company Alpine (who went bankrupt and abandoned the works at 85% completion rate), and the other was newly installed by company Astaldi, who is completing the works now:
WTF is going on?
Couldn't the new company (Astaldi) just remove the old sign and keep the new one?

This is ridiculous!

winnipeg, Gubot liked this post
kostas97 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2015, 06:23 PM   #8118
winnipeg

Likes (Received): 206

Quote:
Originally Posted by kostas97 View Post
WTF is going on?
Couldn't the new company (Astaldi) just remove the old sign and keep the new one?

This is ridiculous!
Or maybe just keep the old one who was good!!

What a waste of money and materials, this money could been used in something more usefull!
winnipeg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2015, 07:31 PM   #8119
Kanadzie

Likes (Received): 746

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luki_SL View Post
Usually there is ONE place to set the sign in the project. Strange situation
Exit is 2000 m, nobody will notice it is only 1 998 m

Curiously Budapest is signed on one instead of Szeged! Maybe required new sign to meet new standards?
Old June 12th, 2015, 09:30 PM   #8120
yaffle

Likes (Received): 0

Does anyone know what time the border crossing at Nadlac closes for the night in the summer? I've googled but I can't find an exact time.
Thanks
yaffle no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
highways, infrastructure, motorways, romania