daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 13th, 2015, 12:12 PM   #8261
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Likes (Received): 12044

And this is beween Lazaret and Caineni where it appears they started similar works:

Castles and Mansions in Romania
Le Clerk no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 13th, 2015, 01:11 PM   #8262
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

One more thing. My feeling is that they are preparing DN7 between Boita and Racovita (37 km) to take over traffic from the first and easier sections of Sibiu-Pitesti motorway due to start next year or even this year if there are no court disputes for the tender works: Sibiu-Boita and Pitesti-Curtea de Arges-Racovita, including traffic from the construction vehicles. The current project of expansion works is in between Boita and Cainenii Mari (19 km). So there's about 18 km left of more works to start.

Boita-Racovita section of motorway will be the most challenging as it goes through the narrow Olt valley in parallel with this section under upgrade. So it will probably be opened last and in the meanwhile this road will take over the motorway traffic coming from Sibiu and Pitesti. Exciting times and pictures are coming for the following years !

winnipeg liked this post

Last edited by Le Clerk; July 13th, 2015 at 01:49 PM.
Old July 13th, 2015, 01:42 PM   #8263
cylens

Likes (Received): 1

did somebody know how many km are between Szeged and Timisoara on motorway? I'll already look with Google maps but it's not updated yet, same thing with Here maps...
cylens no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2015, 02:06 PM   #8264
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

I am on A2 motorway on the way to the Black Șea coast and there are Slovak, Austrian, GB, Polish, EST, and FR number plates. Probably going to the șea as myself.
Old July 13th, 2015, 03:08 PM   #8265
winnipeg

Likes (Received): 206

Quote:
Originally Posted by cylens View Post
did somebody know how many km are between Szeged and Timisoara on motorway? I'll already look with Google maps but it's not updated yet, same thing with Here maps...
Just check http://www.openstreetmap.org/ the peoples are always doing a better job than these gigantic companies!

128km : http://www.openstreetmap.org/directi....4627&layers=C

Last edited by winnipeg; July 13th, 2015 at 03:38 PM.
winnipeg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2015, 03:09 PM   #8266
kostas97

Likes (Received): 102

So, construction of the Pitesti-Sibiu part is going to commence normally, right?
kostas97 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2015, 03:10 PM   #8267
pasadia

Likes (Received): 1934

Quote:
Originally Posted by cylens View Post
According to WAZE, there are 141 kilometers from M5/M43 I/C untill Giarmata I/C near Timisoara.
pasadia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2015, 03:41 PM   #8268
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kostas97 View Post
So, construction of the Pitesti-Sibiu part is going to commence normally, right?
What do you mean? Construction will start for most parts if not all next year. Nobody knows when it will be ready, but probably the sections Sibiu-Boita and Pitesti-Racovita will be ready by 2018.
Old July 13th, 2015, 03:42 PM   #8269
cricric

Likes (Received): 3290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Clerk View Post
By my calculations, with last Saturday opening, Romania topped 700 km of motorway, and now has 713 km of motorways.

They should also open this year Lugoj-Deva sections of A1 (lots 2 and 4) which means approx 50 km in total.

Next year are due Lugoj-Deva lot 3 (22 km), Sebes-Turda (70 km), and possibly some sections on A3 (on Gilau-Nadasel - 9 km), which means Romania should top 800 km, or even 850.
Chances are we hit 1000 km by 2018 (with a bit of luck in 2017) with the works on completion of Transilvania motorway from Oradea to Tg Mures and hopefully Bacau by-pass.
BS BS BS
cricric no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2015, 03:46 PM   #8270
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2082

Quote:
What do you mean? Construction will start for most parts if not all next year. Nobody knows when it will be ready, but probably the sections Sibiu-Boita and Pitesti-Racovita will be ready by 2018.
==>

Construction works of most sections are announced to be started next year. Nobody knows when the entire motorway will be completed but the sections Sibiu-Boita and Racoviata-Pitesti could be completed by 2018 in best case.

--------------------

Where does Sibiu-Boita section end, north or south of Boita? (with or w/o Olt bridges; see map)

Which new motorways are currently under construction?
Which new motorways will be opened next?

See 'New motorway projects' thread

** Please help completing and updating of the list **

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)
MichiH está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2015, 03:46 PM   #8271
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricric View Post
BS BS BS

Someone who has the arguments coming.
Old July 13th, 2015, 03:51 PM   #8272
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

Likes (Received): 18303

https://www.waze.com/de/livemap?zoom...o_lon=20.04086
cinxxx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2015, 03:56 PM   #8273
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
==>

Construction works of most sections are announced to be started next year. Noboday knows when the entire motorway will be completed but the sections Sibiu-Boita and Racoviata-Pitesti could be completed by 2018 in best case.
In a pessimistic scenario. The standard works schedule for all Sibiu-Pitesti lots is 3 years. But I would say the Boita-Racovita section may take more than that. Or not.

Quote:

--------------------

Where does Sibiu-Boita section end, north or south of Boita? (with or w/o Olt bridges; see map)
My understanding is it will end at Vestem, where the future connection with the Sibiu-Brasov motorway will be located.
Old July 13th, 2015, 04:17 PM   #8274
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2082

Quote:
My understanding is it will end at Vestem, where the future connection with the Sibiu-Brasov motorway will be located.
Ok but why do you call Sibiu-Vestem section Sibiu-Boita section?

In addition, I don't think that opening just Sibiu-Vestem section would help anyone except the westernmost section of Sibiu-Brasov motorway (or expressway) would be opened at the same time.

I think mimimum a Talmaciu bypass must be built. That means, a temporary A1 motorway end at the future Talmaciu i/c is also not a noticible improvement because only the roundabout at DN1/DN7 junction would be bypassed for DN7 traffic but DN1 traffic to Brasov would still leave A1 at Sibiu-South (which is no problem at all because there's already a Vestem bypass). But DN7 traffic would still drive through Talmaciu. It even had to turn left in Talmaciu to reach the future i/c which is worse than the status quo.

Which new motorways are currently under construction?
Which new motorways will be opened next?

See 'New motorway projects' thread

** Please help completing and updating of the list **

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)
MichiH está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2015, 06:07 PM   #8275
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
Ok but why do you call Sibiu-Vestem section Sibiu-Boita section?
Because that's how I read it referred to by the ministry, while according to initial plans the first lot was Sibiu-Vestem. It is possible that there are some changes to the lots through the new SF. But we shall see.

Your suggestion for a by-pass for Talmaciu makes a lot of sense
Old July 14th, 2015, 01:53 AM   #8276
kostas97

Likes (Received): 102

Quote:
According to Wikipedia, there was a possibility that this part was going to be substituted by the A3 and the A10, so I thought that there was a problem with that part......but as it seems, things are going to be OK with it
Oh, btw how many kms are these two parts?
kostas97 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2015, 02:43 AM   #8277
Robertkc

Likes (Received): 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaRoy View Post
Who will sell the Romanian vignette upon entering on this new Szeged - Arad motorway section?

Anyway, is this taken seriously? Do you people purchase those vignettes in Romania?
The Serbian-Romanian border at Moravita/Vatin (on the road between Timisoara and Vrsac) which I have crossed at least 100 times will occasionally ask for the vignette (around 5% of the time, but this is increasing over the years). I have yearly vignettes for all 3 of my cars. It's €28 for a year which is tremendous value so anyone trying to cut that corner deserves whatever sanction the officlals hand down (In my opinion anyhow).

Last edited by Robertkc; July 14th, 2015 at 03:44 AM. Reason: spelling mistake
Robertkc no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2015, 02:49 AM   #8278
winnipeg

Likes (Received): 206

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertkc View Post
The Serbian-Romanian border at Moravita/Vlatin (on the road between Timisoara and Vrsac) which I have crossed at least 100 times will occasionally ask for the vignette (around 5% of the time, but this is increasing over the years). I have yearly vignettes for all 3 of my cars. It's €28 for a year which is tremendous value so anyone trying to cut that corner deserves whatever sanction the officlals hand down (In my opinion anyhow).
Yes 28€ is cheap.... unless you are considering the quality of many romanians roads behind this in comparison with others Europeans countries...
winnipeg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2015, 03:15 AM   #8279
Robertkc

Likes (Received): 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by haddockman View Post
That road looks like hell to drive.

I used to always complain about the DN6 but that is way worse.
Now that is the understatement of the century. Drove it for the first time 3 weeks ago southbound from Sibiu to Bucharest and was stunned at the amount of trucks, traffic, illegal overtaking, near death experiences... I can only imagine what the accident rate is like on that section. Must be in the top tier in the whole of Europe.

pasadia liked this post
Robertkc no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2015, 08:41 AM   #8280
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kostas97 View Post
According to Wikipedia, there was a possibility that this part was going to be substituted by the A3 and the A10, so I thought that there was a problem with that part......but as it seems, things are going to be OK with it
Oh, btw how many kms are these two parts?
Sibiu-Pitesti is now No 1 priority in the masterplan which has just been approved by the EC. As to the lenght of lots, that is still unkown until we see the FS. But approximately, they should have between 70 and 80 km altogether.

Tags
highways, infrastructure, motorways, romania