daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 19th, 2015, 11:09 AM   #8321
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19400

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubergine72 View Post

The advantage of transit traffic is that you make money off of them by charging them fees to transit. Duh.
Yes, especially truck transit. That's the reason why Switzerland and Austria get a huge toll revenue from trucks and Slovakia doesn't. Slovakia doesn't have that much truck transit. The revenues are low, even when adjusted for toll price differences.

my clinched highways / travel mapping • highway photography @ Flickr and Youtube

winnipeg liked this post
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 19th, 2015, 11:40 AM   #8322
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Likes (Received): 12044

What's the amount of transit tolls CH gest from truck transit in a year ?
Castles and Mansions in Romania
Le Clerk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2015, 11:48 AM   #8323
ChrisZwolle
Road user

I can't tell exactly how much is from transit, and how much from domestic trucking, but the toll revenue is about € 1.3 billion per year, which is extremely high considering the low amount of truck transit (only 3,000 per day on the Gotthard route). This is of course due to the very high toll rates, which are over twice as high as Austria or other countries.

The truck toll revenue in Austria is approximately € 1.2 billion per year. Truck tolls in Austria are ¾ of all toll revenues in Austria (i.e. cars pay only 25% of all tolls). Slovakia also has a 75% share of truck toll revenue, but only € 155 million.

my clinched highways / travel mapping • highway photography @ Flickr and Youtube

winnipeg liked this post
Old July 19th, 2015, 12:08 PM   #8324
bogdymol
bogdymod

Do you happen to have a figure for Hungary? They also introduced pay-per-use toll for trucks and the amount of transit traffic I think it's rather high.
My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2015, 12:10 PM   #8325
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

EUR 1 B from transit fees sounds good. But why des Slovakia has such a low income compared to Austria ? În România, truck transit vignete per year is EUR 1,210. At that cost, România would have to get EUR 1 B from transit pretty easy. But I doubt we get that. I cannot find a precise figure for income from truck transit in România.
Old July 19th, 2015, 12:38 PM   #8326
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Design and execution for the finalization of the Bucharest - Brasov motorway, Section Bucuresti - Ploiesti km 0+000 - km 3+325; Bucharest Ring Road Node km 6+500 and Moara Vlasiei Node km 19+500

Deadline for registration of bids is 21/07/2015

MichiH liked this post
Old July 19th, 2015, 02:27 PM   #8327
Attus

Likes (Received): 1039

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogdymol View Post
Do you happen to have a figure for Hungary? They also introduced pay-per-use toll for trucks and the amount of transit traffic I think it's rather high.
E-toll for trucks:
2014, full year: 160 bn forint, approx. 520 m €
2015, first half: 90 bn forint, approx. 290 m €
Toll (e-sticker) for cars:
2015, first half: 34 bn forint, approx. 110 m €

winnipeg liked this post
Attus está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2015, 06:09 PM   #8328
Theijs

Likes (Received): 133

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Clerk View Post
They should also open this year Lugoj-Deva sections of A1 (lots 2 and 4) which means approx 50 km in total. Next year are due Lugoj-Deva lot 3 (22 km).
When is opening of the section Timisoara-Balint scheduled?
Theijs no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2015, 08:51 PM   #8329
pasadia

Likes (Received): 1934

There is no schedule. Contract will end in spring (march if I remember right) 2016, but probably they will be able to open in autumn 2015 (november or december), since during winter they can only to aditional tasks, not road works.

But given the current stage of construction, we really hope for a sooner opening. Maybe september?

Some recent photos:

SOURCE

This is at eastern end, at Sanovita where 10 kilometers, fromm A1/A6 I/C untill there, are unused since december 2013.

Also:

Taken here, source here

LE: Sorry, for some reason I can't upload on imgur a scaled version of those photos, so I removed the bigger ones version and I suggest to follow the links provided.

winnipeg, piotr71, AlexisMD liked this post

Last edited by pasadia; July 20th, 2015 at 09:31 AM.
pasadia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2015, 09:02 PM   #8330
aubergine72

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
Yes, especially truck transit. That's the reason why Switzerland and Austria get a huge toll revenue from trucks and Slovakia doesn't. Slovakia doesn't have that much truck transit. The revenues are low, even when adjusted for toll price differences.
There are also secondary gains for restaurants, motels, gas stations, etc.
aubergine72 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2015, 10:17 PM   #8331
Theijs

Likes (Received): 133

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasadia View Post
Contract [to finish Timisoara-Balint] will end in spring (march if I remember right) 2016, but probably they will be able to open in 2015
Thank you for the update.
Theijs no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2015, 12:02 AM   #8332
albiman

Likes (Received): 332

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
I can't tell exactly how much is from transit, and how much from domestic trucking, but the toll revenue is about € 1.3 billion per year, which is extremely high considering the low amount of truck transit (only 3,000 per day on the Gotthard route). This is of course due to the very high toll rates, which are over twice as high as Austria or other countries.

The truck toll revenue in Austria is approximately € 1.2 billion per year. Truck tolls in Austria are ¾ of all toll revenues in Austria (i.e. cars pay only 25% of all tolls). Slovakia also has a 75% share of truck toll revenue, but only € 155 million.
yeah, I think Slovakia will have more truck transit only when Poland and Hungary will be more developed and have higher trade volumes with each other. Of course the infrastructure from North to South could be imrpoved in Slovakia as well. To East to Ukraine and Russia is very poor. But I think this is for whole European Union
albiman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2015, 08:48 AM   #8333
alex_quicksilver

Likes (Received): 0

i'm new to this forum. why do romanian highways have a small and paved median strip? most european median strips are large and have grass , trees etc.
alex_quicksilver no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2015, 09:35 AM   #8334
pasadia

This is our standard. Less complicated, no need for maintanence for grass and trees.

I've updated previous post with photos.

Also:

Le Clerk, gogo3o liked this post
Old July 20th, 2015, 10:23 AM   #8335
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Most of those (still) standing in line to pay the bridge toll are probably old people though I saw a few trucks too. It'll take a while until they get the idea.
Old July 20th, 2015, 10:56 AM   #8336
Capt.Vimes
Да живее България!

Likes (Received): 13163

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_quicksilver View Post
i'm new to this forum. why do romanian highways have a small and paved median strip? most european median strips are large and have grass , trees etc.
Where did you see trees in the median?
Capt.Vimes no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2015, 03:01 PM   #8337
ChrisZwolle
Road user

The Netherlands has some sections with a wide median with trees. Belgium also has some jungle medians. But otherwise they are not as common.

A completely paved over median like Romania is also not as common elsewhere in Europe. They exist in Sweden where some motorways are sometimes built on a very narrow cross section.
Old July 20th, 2015, 05:38 PM   #8338
seszele

Likes (Received): 1142

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Clerk View Post

From Pascani to Bacau there will be a fool motorway

I am aware there's a lot of jokes about Moldovians in Romania, but indeed sooo many fools out there?

Seriously thou, in my opinion as a traveller to Romania - Sibiu-Pitesti must be finished asap same with Bors-Cluj, so the Germonies may pour freely into Romania's economy with a great benefit to the country hopefuly.

Connecting Moldova is important as well, also due to country of Moldova possible merge with Romania and EU. But from my experience express way all along would be sufficient there.
Only wondering why to build Tg. Neamt-Iasi as a full motorway, if they're both connected thru expressway to Bucarest and rest of the country anyway?
Unless there are any plans for connecting Tg. Neamt with Cluj or Tg. Mures

Edit:

BTW there are trees within the median strip on Polish S7 near Radom,I dunno any other places in PL :

https://www.google.pl/maps/@51.58974...7i13312!8i6656

Last edited by seszele; July 20th, 2015 at 07:34 PM.
seszele no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2015, 07:31 PM   #8339
winnipeg

Likes (Received): 206

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_quicksilver View Post
The one I prefer the most is bushes like they have on some hungarian highway : you are not disturbed by drivers on the other side during night...
winnipeg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2015, 07:43 PM   #8340
pasadia

Quote:
Originally Posted by seszele View Post
Only wondering why to build Tg. Neamt-Iasi as a full motorway, if they're both connected thru expressway to Bucarest and rest of the country anyway?
Unless there are any plans for connecting Tg. Neamt with Cluj or Tg. Mures
There are plans to conect Tg Neamt with Tg. Mures (and beyond that towards Cluj and Oradea - Bors - Hungary) with a highway - A8 named.

But they intend to build first the section from Iasi towards west (up until Pacani or Tagu Neamt), since that road is quite congested.

Targu Mures - Targu Neamt is planned beyond 2020 (2022), and I will be glad is it will be half-profile first. Full highway I don't think will be needed before 2040. But of lot of people (LeClerk included) hope that bringing Republic of Moldova close to Roumania and UE will imply a higher traffic generated from Chisinau towards Budapest. And probably that will bring A8 high on roumanian (and probably EU) table.

But, as I said before: a connection through western Ukraine towards Lvov and Krakow will do exactly the same thing and probably there will be a time when Roumania and Poland will start developing that.

seszele liked this post

Tags
highways, infrastructure, motorways, romania