daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 22nd, 2015, 05:14 PM   #8381
Theijs

Likes (Received): 133

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
I talked to a colleague about 6 weeks ago. (...) I recommened that he could drive to Romania, (...) with his Chinese wife, so Romania is not so far away........
In that case his wife should have EU residence permit or multiple entry visa for Schengen...
Theijs no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 22nd, 2015, 11:33 PM   #8382
pasadia

Likes (Received): 1934

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samply View Post
I believe you also recognize the importance of the A3, although you seem to forget that it is also an international route as it would reach the Hungarian border after Oradea.

The A6 is the obvious choice for providing Bucharest with the fastest road connection to Western Europe, besides its obvious international importance, it would also allow Romania to show off and bring Western European tourists a lot closer to a beauty spot like portile de fier.

A3 and A6 together can be the backbone for an actual motorway/expressway network in Romania, they both have national, international, commercial and tourist value.

Building Pitesti-Sibiu will drain the state budget for a good 5 years just to build an unattractive stretch of lorries overtaking each other, it will have some commercial international value, but that's it.
Samply, I completly agree with you. For me, Pitesti - Sibiu is the wrong choice. But amongst roumanian SSC I might be the only one thinking that. At least in writing I was the only one that wrote Pitesti - Sibiu shouldn't be build.

But our government tried too hard to impose a PPP on Comarnic - Brasov (after Bechtel disaster), so now public opinion just hate that section of A3 and would not want to hear anything else but Pitesti - Sibiu. You can't have a debate on this subjet, if you do that you'll became an outcast.

Le Clerk liked this post
pasadia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2015, 12:47 AM   #8383
Ni3lS

Likes (Received): 3442

Not sure if anyone here can answer my question, but maybe there are some of you that have rented a car in Romania before. I want to rent a car from Bucharest Otopeni Airport and drive it to Bulgaria. Now for many organizations it says whether this is allowed or not, except for the organization that I want to rent it from (Hertz). Does anyone have a clue or a shortcut to find this out quickly? Thanks
[2016] > Norway, Valencia, Arvidsjaur, Innsbruck, Moselvalley, Geneva, Lisbon, Basel, Vosges, Munich, Trieste, Barcelona, Nürburgring, Frankfurt, Spa, Berlin, Wuppertal, Dortmund, Como, Monaco, Saint-Tropez, Tegernsee, Hamburg, Lübeck, Madrid, Stuttgart, Faro, Hochgurgl
[2017] > Düsseldorf, Mallorca, Geneva, Annecy, Montafon, Vorarlberg, Barcelona, Zürich, Crete, Lisbon, Cascais, Málaga, Ronda, Dolomiti, Sistiana, Kitzbühel
Ni3lS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2015, 07:34 AM   #8384
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Likes (Received): 12044

Quote:
ACROSS THE BORDER RENTALS: Only with the prior written agreement of HERTZ.
http://www.hertz.ro/en/generaltermsconditions
Castles and Mansions in Romania

Ni3lS liked this post
Le Clerk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2015, 07:44 AM   #8385
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasadia View Post
Samply, I completly agree with you. For me, Pitesti - Sibiu is the wrong choice. But amongst roumanian SSC I might be the only one thinking that. At least in writing I was the only one that wrote Pitesti - Sibiu shouldn't be build.

But our government tried too hard to impose a PPP on Comarnic - Brasov (after Bechtel disaster), so now public opinion just hate that section of A3 and would not want to hear anything else but Pitesti - Sibiu. You can't have a debate on this subjet, if you do that you'll became an outcast.
Still, Comarnic-Brasov does not have EU backing, neither does it have a working financial book for a concession, as we've seen from the 3 failed attempts. We only lost a lot of time both with Sibiu-Pitesti and Comarnic-Brasov, when in fact the government should've done what Michic said: start building Sibiu-Pitesti and Comarnic-Brasov with governmental money in parallel like they are intending now, but 3 years ago !!, and get the money from the EU for the first one. And hopefully we'll have 2 mountain crossings by 2020, and, by acting in in the same manner, another 2 by 2025 (on A6 and A8).

It's also much cheaper (e.g. for Comarnic-Brasov should be 1.3 B tops, instead of EUR 8 B for a 30 years span), thus governmental money is forced int infrastructure instead of stupid incomes for stupid bureaucrats. Also, tolls will be smaller or even they won't be at all on Comarnic-Brasov, which is pretty cool !!

PS: Campina by-pass is in preparation - this leads to A3 section of Comarnic-Brasov.

Last edited by Le Clerk; July 23rd, 2015 at 08:14 AM.
Old July 23rd, 2015, 08:00 AM   #8386
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

CNADNR is preparing documents to request money from the EC for the Bucharest ring-road, final north sections between A1-DN7 and A2-DN2, probably because financing needs to be applied for by the end of this year. Construction should also be completed by the end of this year.

As for south section of the Bucharest ring, it will be financed by the EU in the next period by 2020.

A0 will have to wait after 2020.
Old July 23rd, 2015, 08:56 AM   #8387
and802

Likes (Received): 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Clerk View Post
... And hopefully we'll have 2 mountain crossings by 2020 ...
optimistic approach
lets hope you achieve 50% of that by 2020
and802 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2015, 09:22 AM   #8388
nonstopvn

Likes (Received): 2

I cannot insert the photo:
[IMG]media.hotnews.ro/media_server1/image-2015-07-16-20302037-41-capetele-autostrazii-comarnic-brasov.jpg[/IMG]
Ban hat giong hoa, hat giong rau qua cac loai tren toan quoc. Hat giong co ti le nay mam cao vi luon duoc kiem nghiem chat che truoc khi phan phoi - DT: 0944.160.811. Ban hat giong sen mini - 35.000d/goi 5 hat 5 mau

Last edited by nonstopvn; July 25th, 2015 at 01:15 PM.
nonstopvn no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2015, 12:31 PM   #8389
Ni3lS

Likes (Received): 3442

Quote:
Hmm. How did I read passed this? Thanks!
[2016] > Norway, Valencia, Arvidsjaur, Innsbruck, Moselvalley, Geneva, Lisbon, Basel, Vosges, Munich, Trieste, Barcelona, Nürburgring, Frankfurt, Spa, Berlin, Wuppertal, Dortmund, Como, Monaco, Saint-Tropez, Tegernsee, Hamburg, Lübeck, Madrid, Stuttgart, Faro, Hochgurgl
[2017] > Düsseldorf, Mallorca, Geneva, Annecy, Montafon, Vorarlberg, Barcelona, Zürich, Crete, Lisbon, Cascais, Málaga, Ronda, Dolomiti, Sistiana, Kitzbühel

Le Clerk liked this post
Ni3lS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2015, 01:05 PM   #8390
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by and802 View Post
optimistic approach
lets hope you achieve 50% of that by 2020
Technically, a 3 year construction deadline is reasonable and probably the approach. For the recent tendered sections on Comarnic-Brasov, the construction term is 2 years. If they start works next year or even în 2017, there is enough time to complete by 2020. But this is in theory because shit can happen of course.

Last edited by Le Clerk; July 23rd, 2015 at 02:17 PM.
Old July 23rd, 2015, 05:38 PM   #8391
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Bidders and value of bids (including % of the estimate cost - 173 m RON):

Quote:

1. Serenissima Construzioni - Luca Way SRL - 87,8 mil lei (51%)

2. Aktor - EuroContruct Trading 98 - 129,2 mil. lei (75%)

3. Secol - Acciona Ingenieria - 157,3 mil lei (91%)

5. Impresa Pizzarotti - 163,3 mil. lei (94%)

6. Max Boegl - Delta ACM - 166,3 mil lei (96%)
Old July 23rd, 2015, 06:31 PM   #8392
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

It seems the EC approved the Romanian infrastructure masterplan, with a bit of amendments. Here's how the motorway to be completed by 2020 look in short, in a very optimistic scenario;

Quote:
Motorways:
1. Sibiu - Pitesti,
2. Comarnic - Brasov,
3. Sibiu - Brasov,
4. Tg Neamt - Pascani - Iasi,
5. Nadaselu - Suplacu de Barcau (Bors si Oradea),
6. Pitesti-Craiova
7. A0 "half-profile"

Expressways:
1. Bbucharest Ring south
2. Ploiesti-Buzau-Foscani-Bacau-Pascani
3. A3 - Henri Coanda Airport connection
4. Constanta-Tulcea, and Braila Danube bridge

And here's a map of the planning - which misses A0, and Constanta-Tulcea expressway though.

Also, a very interesting fact: it was approved an extention of Bucharest-Pitesti motorway from 2x2 to 2x3, due to increased traffic the completion of Sibiu-Pitesti and Pitesti-Craiova will bring.

More here.

MichiH liked this post

Last edited by Le Clerk; July 23rd, 2015 at 07:48 PM.
Old July 24th, 2015, 02:11 PM   #8393
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Speaking of opportuniy costs, a plant is announced in the mountains, where Pitesti-Sibiu motorway will be built. A1 Sibiu-Pitesti will cross by Curtea de Arges.

Quote:
German group receives EUR 8 mln state aid for factory in Romania

German group Kärcher will receive a state aid of EUR 8 million for building an appliances factory in Curtea de Arges, 150 km from Bucharest.

The company announced in June that it will invest over EUR 20 million in a cleaning equipment plant.

The factory will cover 22,000 sqm and will produce household and professional vacuums, reports local Ziarul Financiar. The investment will create 313 jobs.

The state aid demand was approved on May 25, so when the company announced its investment in June, it already had the certainty of financing the investment through a state aid.
http://www.romania-insider.com/germa...omania/153357/
Old July 25th, 2015, 12:29 PM   #8394
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

A movie that I made today with the 2x2 extension between Boita and Lazaret.

definitivo, MichiH liked this post
Old July 25th, 2015, 01:16 PM   #8395
definitivo

Likes (Received): 46

Quote:
Speaking of opportuniy costs, a plant is announced in the mountains, where Pitesti-Sibiu motorway will be built. A1 Sibiu-Pitesti will cross by Curtea de Arges.

...logical choice
definitivo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2015, 01:46 PM   #8396
ukraroad

Likes (Received): 104

Quote:
A movie that I made today with the 2x2 extension between Boita and Lazaret.

It looks rather like 2|1 rather than 2|2. Too narrow.
ukraroad no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2015, 02:46 PM   #8397
gogo3o
Bulgaria

Likes (Received): 13444

In Bulgaria, a deputy minister said the EC will not back road infra with EU funds after 2020.
sources: 1, 2, 3

Have you heard sth like this? The development of the motorway systems of countries like Romania and Bulgaria rely too much on these funds.
Old July 25th, 2015, 03:14 PM   #8398
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Never heard. It wouldn't make sense to me. I don't think it is possible. There will probably be a scandal in some countries in the region, because the earlier entrants built their infrastructure with EU money as well (Spain or Greece, for example).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukraroad View Post
It looks rather like 2|1 rather than 2|2. Too narrow.
It's not motorway standard ... it's working as 2x2, but itis possible to be 2|1.

gogo3o liked this post
Old July 25th, 2015, 03:15 PM   #8399
Samply

Likes (Received): 23

Quote:
There's one more important thing to Sibiu-Pitesti, besides catering to the international and (important) national traffic. The industrial role of Sibiu-Pitesti, allowing Dacia (and Ford) to export to western European markets. This is no little matter and should not be discarded, because Dacia alone puts 2,200 trucks on roads weekly !! Ford puts less than that, but also adds up.

In addition, building Pitesti-Sibiu will give a boost to the automotive industry in SW Romania, by bringing even more automotive producers there.

So, you agree with me, there will be lots of lorries on Pitesti-Sibiu
Together with BMW's trying to overtake them at 200+km/h!
The first car wreck is just waiting to happen even before the first meter of that road is built.
As I'm not half as optimistic as you are I don't believe there's a chance we'll see Comarnic-Brasov built so soon, let alone see both motorways completed by 2020! I expect only Pitesti-Sibiu to be built because as you said it's EU funded. I'm waiting for that section to be built (2020 and beyond because shit does happen), then hopefully you have the finances for some other big project.
Essentially, all going well, what you will have from around 2020, is a motorway linking the port of Constanta and Bucharest to Western Europe, the rest IMO, is more dreams than reality.
Samply no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2015, 03:32 PM   #8400
Samply

Likes (Received): 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasadia View Post

I don't mind being an outcast!
Well I just gave my opinion and what I thought would be the better solution and why. With Pitesti-Sibiu being the priority I fear that for quite some time Romania will basically have one main motorway connection from Constanta to Nadlac and little else more.
Romania would need a network, not just the one motorway.
I find it hard to believe that many people in Bucharest would prefer Pitesti-Sibiu to Comarnic-Brasov as so many of them use the Sinaia-Predeal area as their preferred mountain destination.
Samply no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
highways, infrastructure, motorways, romania