daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 12th, 2015, 04:15 PM   #8441
Theijs

Likes (Received): 133

Quote:
Originally Posted by eucitizen View Post
So the trucks are controlled for illegal immigrants? Because I dont see any other reason to make such a queues. As there is no more custom , so the drivers should be checked only for identity control, at the worst for transport documents of goods.
Yes, there is still customs check for cargo.

timeandspace liked this post
Theijs no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 12th, 2015, 10:01 PM   #8442
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2082

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Clerk View Post
The situation seams to be equally serios for trucks.
You're right. Sorry. I didn't know that Bzyq_74 is a trucker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bzyq_74 View Post
I see the traffic jam to Romania.
Le Clerk - When it was recorded (day and hour)?

I'll be there (border) on Saturday at 2 or 3 pm and I wouldn't like to wait too much time. :/

Which new motorways are currently under construction?
Which new motorways will be opened next?

See 'New motorway projects' thread

** Please help completing and updating of the list **

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2015, 12:12 AM   #8443
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Likes (Received): 12038

When I posted, I referred to trucks. Then the discussion moved to cars. I kept the topic on trucks. I do not see the debate here.

A1 and Nadlac border point is mostly for international traffic. And it's a pity that it is jammed from the start.
Castles and Mansions in Romania
Le Clerk está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2015, 08:41 AM   #8444
Theijs

Likes (Received): 133

Quote:
When I posted, I referred to trucks. Then the discussion moved to cars. I kept the topic on trucks. I do not see the debate here. A1 and Nadlac border point is mostly for international traffic. And it's a pity that it is jammed from the start.
what maybe contributes to the confusion, some trucks use Nadlac 1 (DN7) others Nadlac 2 (A1).
Theijs no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2015, 04:47 PM   #8445
medicu' de garda
Moderator de garda

Likes (Received): 1368

Wrong, lorries are no longer allowed to use the old border crossing, it's now exclusively for cars and lorries with hazardous materials or plant/animal cargo (which ar enot allowed to use the other crossing).

bogdymol liked this post
medicu' de garda no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2015, 10:35 AM   #8446
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

I made a new video about the extension works on DN7 between Boita and Lazaret. It appears asphalt is mostly done and they could open soon on this ~ 7 km stretch.

About 25 km of overall extensions on this north section of DN7 all the way to Cainenii Mari are planned to be completed in the near future, presumably also in preparation of the Sibiu-Pitesti motorway works.

winnipeg, rudiwien liked this post

Last edited by Le Clerk; August 17th, 2015 at 10:58 AM.
Old August 17th, 2015, 11:01 AM   #8447
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Never posted so far works on the northern Ploiesti tangent roundabout :

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonimCristiM View Post
Salutare,

In drum spre Cheia am facut cateva poze la giratoriul suspendat de pe centura de nord a Ploiestiului. Pentru cei care nu-si mai aduc aminte proiectul arhitectural al acestuia, am sa adaug o schita.

Primele 12 de vineri dupa amiaza pe la ora 17 directia DJ102 -DN 1B (Ploiesti-Cheia), restul pozelor sunt de duminica ora 14 in sens invers (Cheia-Ploiesti) cu o mica deviere pe DJ 102 spre Paulesti cu intoarcere la capatul rampei de urcare pe inel ,spre Ploiesti:

[IMG] [/IMG]

AlexisMD liked this post

Last edited by Le Clerk; August 17th, 2015 at 11:50 AM.
Old August 17th, 2015, 03:52 PM   #8448
MichiH

Quote:
I made a new video about the extension works on DN7 between Boita and Lazaret. It appears asphalt is mostly done and they could open soon on this ~ 7 km stretch.
I watched your video but I don't think that it could be opened soon (<= 4 weeks). There's even a bit gap after 15s.

Quote:
About 25 km of overall extensions on this north section of DN7 all the way to Cainenii Mari are planned to be completed in the near future, presumably also in preparation of the Sibiu-Pitesti motorway works.
What should that mean, you think DN7 is widened to 4 lanes without median and hard shoulders (1x4) instead of building A1 there?

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)
Old August 17th, 2015, 04:20 PM   #8449
rudiwien

Likes (Received): 1161

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
What should that mean, you think DN7 is widened to 4 lanes without median and hard shoulders (1x4) instead of building A1 there?

As far as I know, the understanding among forum users is that the widening is (at least to some extent) motivated for DN7 to cope with the increased traffic & heavy machinery that will be used for constructing A1 Sibiu-Pitesti.
rudiwien no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2015, 05:22 PM   #8450
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Quote:
I watched your video but I don't think that it could be opened soon (<= 4 weeks). There's even a bit gap after 15s.
It could be opened on sections. I think that's the point of asphalt there.

Quote:
No no . It is an extension of DN7 to cope with the increased traffic brought by the fact that more and more sections of A1 motorway are completed and therefore attract more international traffic. Also, it is meant to cope with the traffic caused by the construction of Sibiu-Pitesti section of A1 motorway - which indeed will cross on the other side of the river of these extension works.
Old August 17th, 2015, 05:37 PM   #8451
MichiH

Ok. Thanks. Yes, traffic volumes will raise due to the fact that all other A1 sections will are announced to be completed by 2016/17. In addition, A10 will is announced be completed which will attract E81 route for traffic compared to E60 route (both have almost the same distance b/n Cluj and Bucharest).

But it's strange, does the authority not trust their own schedule to complete A1 Sibiu-Pitesti "soon"? Do they already expect delays?

On the other hand, the current widening works should not cost much. I think it's wise to widen DN7 but they should have done it many years ago .

btw: I think "DN7 widening" is better than "DN7 extension". A1 is currently be extended (new sections are built from scratch).

Old August 18th, 2015, 12:25 AM   #8452
rudiwien

Likes (Received): 1161

Quote:
But it's strange, does the authority not trust their own schedule to complete A1 Sibiu-Pitesti "soon"? Do they already expect delays?

On the other hand, the current widening works should not cost much. I think it's wise to widen DN7 but they should have done it many years ago .

Well, whatever the plan on paper is by the authorities, it will still be at least 2018 for the sections at the end to be potentially completed; given that the feasibility study is still revisioned, that seems unlikely anyhow, rather 2020 to be expected..

So, for sure it brings benefit for 3-5 years...

Plus, the additional traffic for construction won't be covered for even if the Sibiu-Pitesti section would be opened "soon" :-)
rudiwien no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2015, 11:19 AM   #8453
MichiH

A7 Bacau bypass

Quote:
Works have started on first stretch of A7 (my avatar), on the Bacau by-pass, a 30 km road with a 16 km motorway section (part of A7).

Source
Quote:
Originally Posted by nenea_hartia View Post
^ Nothing has started yet.
Quote:
The builder has received the order to start works, more precisely. We'll probably see site organisation in the following month.
Quote:
Quote:
Astăzi s-a emis ordinul de începere a lucrărilor la centura Bacăului
6 august 2015

Proiectul șoselei de centură a Bacăului a mai făcut azi un pas, după ce, în urmă cu câteva minute, firma Eko Insaat Ve Tic As a primit ordinul de începere a lucrărilor de la dirigintele de șantier, asocierea de firme Primacons Group SRL – Egnatia Odos SA.

Documentul poartă data de 6 august 2015 și dă un răgaz de 49 de zile constructorului să se mobilizeze, să organizeze șantierul și să înceapă efectiv lucrările. În acest interval, va avea loc și predarea amplasamentului.

Astfel, pe 24 septembrie se vor consemna primele lucrări pe teren în cadrul acestei investiții de aproape 90 de milioane de euro.

Reamintim că, după o procedură de licitație de aproape 2 ani, pe 1 aprilie 2015, s-a semnat festiv contractul de construire a șoselei de centură a municipiului Bacău. Pe rolul Curții Supreme se află o nouă contestație, dar procesul nu poate afecta lucrările.

Centura Bacăului va avea peste 30 de kilometri și va pleca, pe două axe, una de lângă comuna Nicolae Bălcescu, din apropierea hypermarket-ului Metro, spre Est și va duce până aproape de satul Bogdan Vodă, din comuna Săucești, cu o lungime de 12 kilometri și a doua axă, spre Vest, va face joncțiunea cu Centrul de Afaceri și Expoziții, cu o lungime de 18 kilometri.
http://zdbc.ro/exclusiv-astazi-s-a-e...tura-bacaului/
What does the green sentence mean? Construction works should begin on 24th September?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasadia View Post
Design&Build.

This is a map of the projected road. The eastern side will be part of A7, but it will only be build half-profile as 1+2.

There will be 2 conection roads, one on the northern side, one on the SW side of the town.
24 months for construction, 24 months for warranty.

More info, in roumanian here.
The deadline for completion should be August 2017!?

Last edited by MichiH; August 20th, 2015 at 11:44 AM. Reason: Completion date corrected
Old August 20th, 2015, 11:38 AM   #8454
pasadia

Likes (Received): 1934

Yes, your translation is corect, you seem to master roumanian.

No, legally I think completition date will be August 2017.

MichiH liked this post
pasadia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2015, 09:25 AM   #8455
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

To be sure there's gonna be no Schengen for Romania and Bulgaria:

gogo3o liked this post
Old August 23rd, 2015, 12:12 PM   #8456
winnipeg

Likes (Received): 206

I don't see the link with Romania and Bulgaria coming into Schengen, but external borders need to be more protected and for me, they need to exist physicaly (like what Hungary is making on his border with Serbia). If things stay like they are now, Romania and Bulgaria could come into Schengen, you won't see any change in the actual mass immigration...
winnipeg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2015, 12:18 PM   #8457
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Quote:
Never posted so far works on the northern Ploiesti tangent roundabout :

Such intersections will be at all junction points on Bucharest ring south*, which will be turned into an expressway, as opposed to Bucharest ring north which still has at same level intersections.

*There will even be 3 leveled intersections on DNCB south.

EU funds will also be used for this project which will start next year.

More here:

winnipeg liked this post
Old August 23rd, 2015, 12:22 PM   #8458
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnipeg View Post
I don't see the link with Romania and Bulgaria coming into Schengen, but external borders need to be more protected and for me, they need to exist physicaly (like what Hungary is making on his border with Serbia). If things stay like they are now, Romania and Bulgaria could come into Schengen, you won't see any change in the actual mass immigration...
If Romania and Bulgaria were in Schengen, there would be a continuous and borderless land mass in between the hundreds of thousand of migrants waiting now in Greece to breakthrough into the rest of Schengen area (now starting in Hungary) and central Europe. Basically, if Romania and Bulgaria were in Schengen, the migrants would have a free passage to Germany and France, and other rich EU members.
Old August 23rd, 2015, 12:25 PM   #8459
MichiH

Quote:
I don't see the link with Romania and Bulgaria coming into Schengen
The current situation shows that Schengen does not work. I don't think that anyone would extend Schengen when the system obviously does not work! That's the link to potential new members!

The original problem why people flee is outside of Europe but that refugees go through Macedonia and Serbia is an EU problem/Schengen problem that concerns Non-EU/Schengen countries because EU/Schengen members do not handle the issue internally. The problem is that people LEAVE a Schengen country!

Quote:
but external borders need to be more protected and for me, they need to exist physicaly (like what Hungary is making on his border with Serbia).
Yes, external borders need to be more protected to avoid people LEAVING a Schengen country!

Quote:
If things stay like they are now, Romania and Bulgaria could come into Schengen, you won't see any change in the actual mass immigration...
It would not change anything but one cannot (should not) extend a system which is not working at all!

Old August 23rd, 2015, 12:33 PM   #8460
MichiH

Quote:
Basically, if Romania and Bulgaria were in Schengen, the migrants would have a free passage to Germany and France, and other rich EU members.
It would change nothing if just the border between Greece and Bulgaria would remain - handled as an external border for the time being!

Anyway, RO and BG will not enter Schengen before the end of 2016 and EU must find a solution for handling the situation as soon as possible.

Germany just complaints that 40% of the refugees would come to Germany and other (eastern) EU countries don't want to house refugees. Some German politicians want to close the border but that's all bullshit because it just help slave traders/human traffickers (what's the common wording?).

Schengen members should help Greece to find a solution there. To avoid people leaving Schengen to Macedonia/Serbia. That could be a short-term way. A medium-term way would be helping the refugees in their country or at the border where they leave their own country, to avoid that they risk their lifes and wasting all their money during the travel to "paradisiac" Western Europe.

Tags
highways, infrastructure, motorways, romania